Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between reading, studying and understanding the bible.
I have pity for your ignorance.
Not to worry, the feeling is mutual.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You would...
You wouldn't...
It is sad that you prefer a comfortable delusion over reality.
BlackLagoon's points are rational and valid.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't...
I prefer a comfortable elusion over reality.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't...
He said he'd ruled out God based on science.

I asked how.

He whined.

You agreed.
Doctor REALITY

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Only people who desire to be blinded by stupidity question the existence of God.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

According to medieval copies (the earliest copies from the 15th century) of the Gospel of Barnabas it was Judas, not Jesus, who was crucified on the cross. This work states that Judas's appearance was transformed to that of Jesus', when the former, out of betrayal, led the Roman soldiers to arrest Jesus who by then was ascended to the heavens. This transformation of appearance was so identical that the masses, followers of Christ, and even the Mother of Jesus, Mary, initially thought that the one arrested and crucified was Jesus himself. The gospel then mentions that after three days since burial, Judas's body was stolen from his grave, and then the rumors spread of Jesus being risen from the dead. When Jesus was informed in the third heaven about what happened, he prayed to God to be sent back to the earth, and descended and gathered his mother, disciples, and followers, and told them the truth of what happened. He then ascended back to the heavens, and will come back at the end of times as a just king.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer a comfortable elusion over reality.
At least you admit you use religion to try to hide from reality.
Kudos for being honest.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you admit you use religion to try to hide from reality.
Kudos for being honest.
God is real, if you don't believe him, suit yourself!
Tony

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king."

Daniel 2:19-23
Tony

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Bible Verse Of The Day

Friday, March 8, 2013

Psalm 55:22

Cast your cares on the Lord
and he will sustain you;
he will never let
the righteous be shaken.

This road is dark, hard and old.
Our feet are tired, sore and cold.
Today uncertain. Tomorrow unknown.
But HE is our light, our shelter, our gold.

http://www.barbaralehrman.com/
Tony

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Here is a video of my friend Jon's band NASTY HABITS playing at a party that we had here at my apartment complex awhile back (Jon played guitar for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and for Suicidal Tendencies, and for other bands)...

This is a Christian song, the name of the song is "Gethsemane."

http://youtu.be/kLbfvUBbv60

God Bless!

Tony V.
Tony

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Yesterday God helped me,
Today he'll do the same.
How long will this continue?
Forever praise His name!

http://www.barbaralehrman.com/

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Tony wrote:
During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king."
Daniel 2:19-23
Did you know that if you are trying to find a spot in a crowded parking lot and you pray real hard, you will eventually find one?

PUH-RAISE JEEBUS!!!
Tony

Yorba Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

Romans 16:17-18

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Tony wrote:
I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.
Oh yes, brothers (and all you sisters too), avoid those people who actually think for themselves. Intelligent thought has been known to be contagious.
Tony wrote:
For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. Romans 16:17-18
Too late, Tony. The minds of naive people have already been deceived by religions' promises of living forever and being loved by an invisible superbeing. Fortunately some grow up eventually, come to their senses and become atheists.
Tony

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Pope Francis breaks the mould again with ceremony at prison instead of St Peter's

Pope Francis, whose spontaneity has already earned him the nickname "the unpredictable Pope", will break with tradition again when he holds a major ceremony in a prison chapel rather than in St Peter's.

Francis, who has broken the mould with his informal approach and unscheduled walkabouts, will conduct next week's Maundy Thursday service in a prison for young offenders on the outskirts of Rome.

The service is normally held either in St Peter's Basilica or in the Church of St John in Lateran, which is the Pope's church in his capacity as Bishop of Rome.

Instead Francis, who was the archbishop of Buenos Aires before being chosen as Pope in a secret conclave in the Sistine Chapel last week, will hold the service in the Casal del Marmo jail.

There he is expected to wash and kiss the feet of 12 inmates, in a gesture that commemorates Jesus's humility towards his disciples before the Last Supper, on the night before he was crucified.

His decision has surprised Vatican officials but is very much in keeping with his past in Argentina, where he washed the feet of Aids sufferers and met with street prostitutes.

He often held Masses in the homes of seniors, and in jails and hospitals, travelled to work by bus and eschewed a grand residence in favour of a small apartment.

Francis will have his first meeting with his predecessor, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, on Saturday.

The 76-year-old Argentininian will be flown from the Vatican by helicopter to Castel Gandolfo, a centuries-old castle in the hills south of Rome where the Pope Emeritus has been staying since his historic resignation on Feb 28.

The pair, both wearing the white vestments of the papacy, will sit down for a meeting and then have lunch together before Francis flies back to the Vatican.

For centuries, Popes have remained in office until they died, so it is extremely unusual to have an ex-Pope co-existing with his successor.

The only Pope to willingly resign was Celestine V, a mountain hermit who was appalled to be elected pontiff in 1294. The bearded holy man hated the role so much that he abdicated after just five months and nine days.

Things did not end well for him - he was locked up by his successor, Pope Boniface VIII, and died in 1296.

Benedict XVI faces a rather more comfortable future. Within a few weeks he is expected to leave Castel Gandolfo and move into a former convent within the walls of the Vatican, just a stone's throw from Francis's official apartments.

Confusing matters further, the Vatican has said that he should still be addressed as "Your Holiness" and has decreed that he retains his title of Benedict XVI rather than reverting to Joseph Ratzinger, by which he was known before he was elected Pope in 2005.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Atheists are the most stupid people I know.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
Atheists are the most stupid people I know.
Of course you're wrong, research has shown that Atheists have a higher I.Q than those who have unsupported beliefs. It has to do with being a free thinker and NOT accepting things for which there is no evidence. Being skeptical is extremely healthy, believing things for NO good reason is simply not very intelligent. So you can see, in the end, it is the Theists who is less intelligent. Of course you can have some very smart people who believe in myths and magic, but they are only smart in one area, say a doctor. But all reason and logic will dictate that believing in anything without evidence is simply not a smart thing to do. You obviously do not really know any Atheists, otherwise toy would realize just how intelligent they are.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you're wrong, research has shown that Atheists have a higher I.Q than those who have unsupported beliefs. It has to do with being a free thinker and NOT accepting things for which there is no evidence. Being skeptical is extremely healthy, believing things for NO good reason is simply not very intelligent. So you can see, in the end, it is the Theists who is less intelligent. Of course you can have some very smart people who believe in myths and magic, but they are only smart in one area, say a doctor. But all reason and logic will dictate that believing in anything without evidence is simply not a smart thing to do. You obviously do not really know any Atheists, otherwise toy would realize just how intelligent they are.
then why do miracles happen ? miracles happen because God wants us to know that he exists.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

the word miracle is coined because there is really a miracle. if there is no miracle at all, then the word would not have been coined.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

413 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Same -sex marriages are of OF THE DEVIL 4 min Holy dr Shrink 12
GMO foods and you! 5 min UIdiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE 27
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min number four 224,738
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min FudgeNFury 257,163
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Liam 533,869
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 9 min varun 125
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min MUQ1 36,563
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Just Think 115,779
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Catcher1 722,528