God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#3978 Feb 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame the youth for the problems of the youth, not all of it anyways.
I think a lot of the problems with kids today is the parents, really it's the lack of parenting from the "mom and dad".
These kids are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want with no fear of consequences. That can't be good for any of us.
IMO One of the biggest mistakes that parents of our generation did was to think that we could give them self-esteem...instead of them finding it for themselves.

I had a neighbor once that invited me over. As she gave me a tour of her home I started seeing crayon drawings all over some of the walls. I guess she could see my surprise because she explained to me that she didn't want to cramp their creativity. LOL

It is my experience that some of the younger generation see the same thing that we are seeing. Lack of responsibility...lack of accountability...lack of respect for others. But you know RR...our parents saw us in the same light...no doubt.

Elvis shaking his hips...Woodstock...tie-die...m ini-skirts...yep...each generation was always the worst.

These kids are no worse in their own way than we were. Hey...my generation introduced drugs, bra burning and free sex! LOL We protested war and painted our Volkswagen with huge ugly flowers!

Biggest difference...we had better music!

Can't beat this one! LOL

Tony

United States

#3979 Mar 1, 2013
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."

—Psalm 143:8

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3980 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for seeing my side of the argument. It's about time you saw the bible for the immoral book that it is.
You have been brainwashed & indoctrinated by atheists, understand that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3981 Mar 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO One of the biggest mistakes that parents of our generation did was to think that we could give them self-esteem...instead of them finding it for themselves.
I had a neighbor once that invited me over. As she gave me a tour of her home I started seeing crayon drawings all over some of the walls. I guess she could see my surprise because she explained to me that she didn't want to cramp their creativity. LOL
It is my experience that some of the younger generation see the same thing that we are seeing. Lack of responsibility...lack of accountability...lack of respect for others. But you know RR...our parents saw us in the same light...no doubt.
Elvis shaking his hips...Woodstock...tie-die...m ini-skirts...yep...each generation was always the worst.
These kids are no worse in their own way than we were. Hey...my generation introduced drugs, bra burning and free sex! LOL We protested war and painted our Volkswagen with huge ugly flowers!
Biggest difference...we had better music!
Can't beat this one! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-2wutEzjy_EXX
Yup...

My little brother lets his kids do pretty much anything, including drinking Kool-Aid on the couch, crayons on the walls, using the bed as a trampoline, hanging from the kitchen cabinets, etc.
It drives me nuts.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#3982 Mar 1, 2013
god is real deal with it.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3983 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been brainwashed & indoctrinated by atheists, understand that.
You're WRONG once again, don't you ever tire of being wrong? Its as simple as this, I refuse to believe in anything for no GOOD REASON. I refuse to believe in anything for which there is NO VERIFIABLE evidence. I refuse to adopt a belief built on fear. I refuse to adopt a belief because it gives me comfort. I refuse to adopt a belief that shuns the empirical evidence that science shows. I refuse to adopt a belief that is cohesive to children. I refuse to adopt a belief that only can add to the divisiveness of our species. In the end I, like ALL ATHEISTS, are critical thinkers, skeptical of unsupported claims, and see religion as the poison that it really is.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3984 Mar 1, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
god is real deal with it.
God is a mythical being, a fictitious thing, God is something that you can't even describe, you have no idea what its properties are, what physical attributes it might have. God, in the end, is a non-answer. You simply have a belief, exactly the same as any Muslim, Hindu, or Jew. It's a belief without evidence, a delusion. You actually suffer from a very serious mental disease called DELUSIONAL DISORDER. This disease is manifested by people who cannot tell what is real from what is only imagined. Seek professional help.....soon!!!!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#3985 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You're WRONG once again, don't you ever tire of being wrong? Its as simple as this, I refuse to believe in anything for no GOOD REASON. I refuse to believe in anything for which there is NO VERIFIABLE evidence. I refuse to adopt a belief built on fear. I refuse to adopt a belief because it gives me comfort. I refuse to adopt a belief that shuns the empirical evidence that science shows. I refuse to adopt a belief that is cohesive to children. I refuse to adopt a belief that only can add to the divisiveness of our species. In the end I, like ALL ATHEISTS, are critical thinkers, skeptical of unsupported claims, and see religion as the poison that it really is.
Is someone trying to tell you that you MUST believe it bg?

I am not an atheist nor a Christian but so far no one has forced me to believe anything that I didn't want to believe.

I have heard others claim that all atheist are critical thinkers. I don't know about that. I personally believe that "critical thinker" is a cliche...a feel good about one's self phrase. Or possibly even a label that one sticks on themself to make them seem greater than what they are.

Now me...I have been told often that I think too much at times...other times I have been told I think strangely. Believe me...no one has to tell me that there are times that I just didn't think at all.

Just how do you go about this critical thinking that you claim to do?

I don't know...I just reread your post...seems more like ranting and raving than it does critical thinking. Of course...maybe that is your idea of what critical thinking is.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3986 Mar 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is someone trying to tell you that you MUST believe it bg?
I am not an atheist nor a Christian but so far no one has forced me to believe anything that I didn't want to believe.
I have heard others claim that all atheist are critical thinkers. I don't know about that. I personally believe that "critical thinker" is a cliche...a feel good about one's self phrase. Or possibly even a label that one sticks on themself to make them seem greater than what they are.
Now me...I have been told often that I think too much at times...other times I have been told I think strangely. Believe me...no one has to tell me that there are times that I just didn't think at all.
Just how do you go about this critical thinking that you claim to do?
I don't know...I just reread your post...seems more like ranting and raving than it does critical thinking. Of course...maybe that is your idea of what critical thinking is.
So you have NO core beliefs? You have no opinion as to whether a creator being exists or not? You have no opinion as to how the universe and everything in it came to be? You have no opinion of the effects of religion on our species? You don't know about critical thinking? Exactly what do you or don't you know?

Most intelligent people use critical thinking in their everyday life, and no it's not just a phrase to make someone feel good about themselves, you real should know better!!! A critical thinker EVALUATES.........REASONS----- -and ANALYZES. He does this to be able to make better DECISIONS, and for PROBLEM SOLVING. Critical thinkers do NOT accept anything without evidence.

Here is a premiss and an example of critical thinking. Premiss...."The process of evolution is a fact"

!.) Step one.....EVALUATE the data available, be as sure as you can that this data is from a reliable source.

2.) Step two....REASONING...Is it reasonable to believe that the data available supports the premiss.

3.) Step three...ANALYZING...After evaluating the data, analyze each individual component, compare each to the other components

4.) Step four....Arrive at a decision based on all three phases and to the validity of the original premiss.

Someone who is NOT a critical thinker, like many uneducated Theists, will react to the premiss this way........"The process of evolution is a fact." Evolution is a lie, God created all living things. They automatically skip steps 1-4. They do so because by accepting the facts of evolution they have to amend their beliefs in a creator god. Most are unwilling, or in very sad cases, completely unable to .

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3987 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
!.) Step one.....EVALUATE the data available, be as sure as you can that this data is from a reliable source.
2.) Step two....REASONING...Is it reasonable to believe that the data available supports the premiss.
3.) Step three...ANALYZING...After evaluating the data, analyze each individual component, compare each to the other components
4.) Step four....Arrive at a decision based on all three phases and to the validity of the original premiss.
Then how did you come to your conclusion, based on your 4 steps of critical thinking, that God isn't real?

What tests have you performed?

What data have you evaluated?

What reasoning of said data did you use?

How have you analyzed your data?

Where are your laboratories?

When do you perform these tests?

How did you perform these tests?

Has your data been peer reviewed?

Did they all agree?

Who was it that agreed with your tests, data & analyses?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#3988 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You're WRONG once again, don't you ever tire of being wrong? Its as simple as this, I refuse to believe in anything for no GOOD REASON. I refuse to believe in anything for which there is NO VERIFIABLE evidence. I refuse to adopt a belief built on fear. I refuse to adopt a belief because it gives me comfort. I refuse to adopt a belief that shuns the empirical evidence that science shows. I refuse to adopt a belief that is cohesive to children. I refuse to adopt a belief that only can add to the divisiveness of our species. In the end I, like ALL ATHEISTS, are critical thinkers, skeptical of unsupported claims, and see religion as the poison that it really is.
Well said.
I agree with every statement.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3989 Mar 1, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
I agree with every statement.
You would...
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3990 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how did you come to your conclusion, based on your 4 steps of critical thinking, that God isn't real?
Did they all agree?
Come come now, really!!! Thats the same as asking how i come to the conclusion that Peter Rabbit is not real, or Zeus. I am happy that you have posed such questions as it supports the idea that only things that exist in the naturalistic realm are testable. Your God thing apparently dwells in the supernatural realm, a non-existent realm. He is said to be beyond our understanding, beyond time and space. Therefore nothing can possible be known about him/she/it. There are NO test to perform....No data to evaluate......NOTHING to analyze. You believe in something for which there is no evidence. Oh I'm sure you are convinced that there is evidence, just not verifiable in reality evidence. What you believe in is purely imagined. You believe on Faith. Faith is the permission religious people give to one another to believe strongly where reason fails. Outside of religion, thee is no other discourse were we consider this an acceptable practice.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3991 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they all agree?
Come come now, really!!! Thats the same as asking how i come to the conclusion that Peter Rabbit is not real, or Zeus. I am happy that you have posed such questions as it supports the idea that only things that exist in the naturalistic realm are testable. Your God thing apparently dwells in the supernatural realm, a non-existent realm. He is said to be beyond our understanding, beyond time and space. Therefore nothing can possible be known about him/she/it. There are NO test to perform....No data to evaluate......NOTHING to analyze. You believe in something for which there is no evidence. Oh I'm sure you are convinced that there is evidence, just not verifiable in reality evidence. What you believe in is purely imagined. You believe on Faith. Faith is the permission religious people give to one another to believe strongly where reason fails. Outside of religion, there is no other discourse where we consider this an acceptable practice.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3992 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um....
Hellew.....
I have those answers, I was asking you the questions.
Look, either you want to learn about the Bible or you wanna keep your ignorant stance on it.
Which is it?
No, you do not have those answers or perhaps you are completely unable to articulate them?

You have opinions.....and as the old saying goes; "everyone has one".

It doesn't matter if you've studied the bible for 3 hours, 30 years or 30 millennium......you are left with one thing....your opinion. No proof, no concrete answers, just your predisposed opinion.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3993 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a difference between reading, studying and understanding the bible.
I have pity for your ignorance.
Not to worry, the feeling is mutual.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#3994 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You would...
You wouldn't...
It is sad that you prefer a comfortable delusion over reality.
BlackLagoon's points are rational and valid.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#3995 Mar 3, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't...
I prefer a comfortable elusion over reality.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3996 Mar 3, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't...
He said he'd ruled out God based on science.

I asked how.

He whined.

You agreed.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#3997 Mar 3, 2013
Only people who desire to be blinded by stupidity question the existence of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min PadMark 678,808
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 43 min Sigmund Drumpf 2,300
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 57 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,829
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ROCCO 118,815
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 2 hr Crazy night 12
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 2 hr Red nissan 74
Cammack Village PUNKS 3 hr Snails Pace 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web