#3938 Feb 22, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …
Reasons are Excuse? for a person who is dead,theres no God

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3939 Feb 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh great seer of the mysteries of biblical passages, explain to me the "hidden meaning" the "falsely translated" the "undistorted" behind your God flooding the entire planet in a very "humanlike" fit of rage. Thereby killing countless children and untold number of little babies along with a great number of pregnant women. Next, educate me on your god having another fit of rage and murdering all of the first born males of the Egyptians, more little babies added to his resume.
I don't need to define the obvious. God commanded Moses to keep the young virgins for his soldiers as spoils of war. That passage doesn't need to be "DEFINED" It says what it says, pretty clear as to it's meaning. God commanded that a father kill his own son to show his love for God. How much defining does one need to do on this passage. Clear as can be. "KIll your son so I will know you love me" What kind of sick f--k demands that to show love? Explain to me how anyone can possible come to any other conclusion for passages this explicit?
I've tried educating you on biblical passages, you've convinced yourself of your own short-sightedness & you think your assertions are beyond contestation.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3940 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've tried educating you on biblical passages, you've convinced yourself of your own short-sightedness & you think your assertions are beyond contestation.
So educate me:

1.) Did the God you believe in flood the entire planet in a fit of rage....YES...or...NO?

2.) If yes, did this temper tantrum cause the deaths of untold numbers of little babies....YES...or...NO?.

3.) If yes to your God flooding the entire planet did this also result in the deaths of untold numbers of pregnant women thereby destroying unborn fetuses....YES...or....NO.?

4.) Did the God you believe in kill all of the first born males Egyptian babies......YE...0r...NO?

5.) Did the God you believe in kill a group of teenagers by unleashing bears to tear them to shreds......YES...or...NO? he apparently dod this because the young boys were mocking an elders bald head.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3941 Feb 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So educate me:
1.) Did the God you believe in flood the entire planet in a fit of rage....YES...or...NO?
2.) If yes, did this temper tantrum cause the deaths of untold numbers of little babies....YES...or...NO?.
3.) If yes to your God flooding the entire planet did this also result in the deaths of untold numbers of pregnant women thereby destroying unborn fetuses....YES...or....NO.?
4.) Did the God you believe in kill all of the first born males Egyptian babies......YE...0r...NO?
5.) Did the God you believe in kill a group of teenagers by unleashing bears to tear them to shreds......YES...or...NO? he apparently dod this because the young boys were mocking an elders bald head.
Ugh, again?!?

1. No

2. 1 was no.

3. Yes.

4. Ye (sic)

5. No.

This is exactly what I mean about your indoctrination into atheism. You've convinced yourself that ALL passages in the Bible are a DIRECT CAUSE of God.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#3942 Feb 23, 2013
Look at all of the human and animal life on earth,and all of the foods that the Lord Jesus Christ CREATED,and then you should begin to REALIZE why it's IMPOSSIBLE for the Lord to not be....REAL.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#3943 Feb 24, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Look at all of the human and animal life on earth,and all of the foods that the Lord Jesus Christ CREATED,and then you should begin to REALIZE why it's IMPOSSIBLE for the Lord to not be....REAL.
You skipped school on the days when critial, analytical thinking skills were being taught, didn't you?

Show some proof. Some real, hard evidence that demonstrates "the divine" that cannot be explained by science.
Oh yes... and the proof must also indicate that YOUR particular deity is the ONLY deity which could have performed this job.

There is NO evidence for an invisible superbeing who created everything.

Case in point...
I just had cataract surgery on both eyes. The eye surgeon (being the good, god-fearing Christian that he is) said that the artifical lens he implanted would not be as good as the one he was removing that "god gave me."

I would like to have pointed out that if "god" was so perfect, the lens would NOT NEED to be replaced and that the one HE was inserting would NEVER NEED to be replaced.
So in reality.... ummm, which is the better lens?
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3944 Feb 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh, again?!?
1. No
2. 1 was no.
3. Yes.
4. Ye (sic)
5. No.
This is exactly what I mean about your indoctrination into atheism. You've convinced yourself that ALL passages in the Bible are a DIRECT CAUSE of God.
So am I to understand this is total bullshit? Notice in Genesis 7:9 the words "as GOD had commanded Noah."

Genesis 7:1 - And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

Genesis 7:10 - And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.

Genesis 7:9 - There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

Genesis 7:11 - In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#3945 Feb 25, 2013
The Lord Jesus Christ is REAL.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#3946 Feb 25, 2013
If the Lord isn't REAL,why is there life on earth,but no life on any other planets,atheists??

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#3947 Feb 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If the Lord isn't REAL,why is there life on earth,but no life on any other planets,atheists??
The answer to this is so obvious but you still seem to miss it.

It takes primitive superstitious human beings to imagine a "god."

If no humans, then no gods.

Not, as you seem to think, the other way around.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3948 Feb 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So am I to understand this is total bullshit? Notice in Genesis 7:9 the words "as GOD had commanded Noah."
Genesis 7:1 - And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
Genesis 7:10 - And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
Genesis 7:9 - There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
Genesis 7:11 - In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Yes, SOME of the passages in the Bible are a direct cause of God, some are direct words of God, some are stories of the problems of man.

Why are you now changing up what scripture we were talking about?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3949 Feb 26, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
It takes primitive superstitious human beings to imagine a "god."
Then 80% of America's population are "primitive superstitious human beings"....
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#3950 Feb 26, 2013
Yes,the Lord Christ Almighty....is REAL.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#3951 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then 80% of America's population are "primitive superstitious human beings"....
Well, you said it...

But that's ok. We are getting smarter.
The number of people identifying themselves as secular humanists, pagan, agnostic, atheist, or simply "non-religious" is steadily growing in the United States.

Humankind, out of fear, once personified the elements of Nature because they were too ignorant to know what caused the seasonal changes, eclipses, birth and death, thunder and lightning.

The more we learn and understand, the less use we have for the "god" of "I'm scared because I don't know what is happening so I'm going to attribute it to an invisible powerful being then I can appease it by giving it sacrifices and telling it how wonderful it is and it will love me and not hurt me."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3952 Feb 27, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
But that's ok. We are getting smarter.
The number of people identifying themselves as secular humanists, pagan, agnostic, atheist, or simply "non-religious" is steadily growing in the United States.
America is getting lazier, fatter & more stupid by the day.

And the non-religious numbers in America are rising.

Go figure.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3953 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, SOME of the passages in the Bible are a direct cause of God, some are direct words of God, some are stories of the problems of man.
Why are you now changing up what scripture we were talking about?
You claim a global flood never happened. Genesis contradicts that. How are you supposed to know the difference between those words that are the DIRECT word of God, and those are the direct CAUSE of God and those that are simply manmade stories? Is this how your God delivers his very IMPORTANT message for all of mankind? And just who makes the determination as to why words are the CAUSE of God and which are the actual WORDS of GOD? Is it simply lest up to interpretation? Once again your God is supposed to be delivering the most important message ever for all of mankind, and he creates texts that have to be interpreted?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#3954 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
America is getting lazier, fatter & more stupid by the day.
And the non-religious numbers in America are rising.
Go figure.
LOL

While those two statements on their own might be true...I really don't think they have much to do with each other.

Lazier and fatter might have to do more with the foods that we eat and the convenience of being able to sit behind a computer screen and having the world at our finger tips...never having to get out of our chairs.

The non-religious growing statistic... I think that too comes with that world being at our finger tips.

If you talk to most young people which is where the fastest rate of growth is in the non-religious numbers you will learn...they want tolerance. They are one of the most diverse groups of people so far in our history. They work, play and become educated with people from all over the world. The majority of them know that labels attached to people are ludicrous.

Take Topix for instance...those of us sitting here battling it out...exchanging words of hatred are not the teens or twenties...they are the two generations above them for the most part.

Most of them think we are foolish!

Just my opinion...
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#3955 Feb 27, 2013
O my God. I am heartly sorry for having offended you. I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pian of hell,but most of all because I offend you. My god who is good god and deserve of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of your grace to confess my sins to do penance and to amend my life. Amen

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3956 Feb 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
You claim a global flood never happened. Genesis contradicts that. How are you supposed to know the difference between those words that are the DIRECT word of God, and those are the direct CAUSE of God
Because I have spend 30 years studying it.

You should try it, at least for a year, then come back and see me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3957 Feb 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
While those two statements on their own might be true...I really don't think they have much to do with each other.
Lazier and fatter might have to do more with the foods that we eat and the convenience of being able to sit behind a computer screen and having the world at our finger tips...never having to get out of our chairs.
The non-religious growing statistic... I think that too comes with that world being at our finger tips.
If you talk to most young people which is where the fastest rate of growth is in the non-religious numbers you will learn...they want tolerance. They are one of the most diverse groups of people so far in our history. They work, play and become educated with people from all over the world. The majority of them know that labels attached to people are ludicrous.
Take Topix for instance...those of us sitting here battling it out...exchanging words of hatred are not the teens or twenties...they are the two generations above them for the most part.
Most of them think we are foolish!
Just my opinion...
Most of them think we are foolish? In what way?

Besides, who cares what dumb kids have to say. They've yet to learn wisdom or patience. Shit, half of them still live with mommy & mommy....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 284,481
Ladies, do u wear minis to get touched up or pu... (Nov '12) 16 min 53Brian 96
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 21 min Truthiness 19
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min Bongo 87,903
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 32 min Truthiness 448
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 184,668
Dirty k,.k 2 hr Spank594 7
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 5 hr gundee123 1,226
More from around the web