God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3916 Feb 20, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you prefer primitive superstition over observable facts.
Some make an intelligent, informed, rational choice while others choose to
believe myths that allow them to feel good.
"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering
part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide
cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful
thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive
ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our
vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent
opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan
Sagan was right.
Wait, Sagan was right because he knows of nothing?

"I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful
thinking"

um...

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#3917 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, Sagan was right because he knows of nothing?
"I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful
thinking"
um...
"Carl Sagan was an American astronomer, astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, science popularizer and science communicator in astronomy and natural sciences. He spent most of his career as a professor of astronomy at Cornell University where he directed the Laboratory for Planetary Studies. He published more than 600 scientific papers[2] and articles and was author, co-author or editor of more than 20 books. He advocated scientifically skeptical inquiry and the scientific method, pioneered exobiology and promoted the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI)."

He worked in the fields of Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology, Astrobiology, Space and Planetary Sciences.

He worked with Cornell University, Harvard University, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, and University of California, Berkeley.
He was an advisor to NASA.

"He attended the University of Chicago, where he participated in the Ryerson Astronomical Society, received a Bachelor of Arts in self-proclaimed "nothing" with general and special honors in 1954, a Bachelor of Science in physics in 1955, and a Master of Science in physics in 1956 before earning a PhD in astronomy and astrophysics in 1960."

This guy imagined, considered, studied and experimented with concepts you can't even begin to grasp.
I find his version of reality somewhat more believable than yours.
Yes, Sagan was right.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3919 Feb 21, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carl Sagan was an American astronomer, astrophysicist, cosmologist, author, science popularizer and science communicator in astronomy and natural sciences. He spent most of his career as a professor of astronomy at Cornell University where he directed the Laboratory for Planetary Studies. He published more than 600 scientific papers[2] and articles and was author, co-author or editor of more than 20 books. He advocated scientifically skeptical inquiry and the scientific method, pioneered exobiology and promoted the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI)."
He worked in the fields of Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology, Astrobiology, Space and Planetary Sciences.
He worked with Cornell University, Harvard University, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, and University of California, Berkeley.
He was an advisor to NASA.
"He attended the University of Chicago, where he participated in the Ryerson Astronomical Society, received a Bachelor of Arts in self-proclaimed "nothing" with general and special honors in 1954, a Bachelor of Science in physics in 1955, and a Master of Science in physics in 1956 before earning a PhD in astronomy and astrophysics in 1960."
This guy imagined, considered, studied and experimented with concepts you can't even begin to grasp.
I find his version of reality somewhat more believable than yours.
Yes, Sagan was right.
I know all about Sagan, but thanks.

He should've stayed in astronomy. Once he dove into religion, he kinda lost his way.

He thought that because he didn't find God in outer space, God must not exist.

Very smart idiot.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#3920 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all about Sagan, but thanks.
He should've stayed in astronomy. Once he dove into religion, he kinda lost his way.
He thought that because he didn't find God in outer space, God must not exist.
Very smart idiot.
"He dove into religion?" I don't think religion was ever his focus.
His views on religion were a by-product of his scientific research.
But as an open-minded scientist, he watched for evidence of your "god" everywhere... and his EVERYWHERE was pretty extensive... and he didn't find it. I find that rather interesting.

"Idiot?"
Just because he doesn't agree with YOUR belief in superstitious nonsense?
That is laughable.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3921 Feb 21, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
But as an open-minded scientist, he watched for evidence of your "god" everywhere... and his EVERYWHERE was pretty extensive... and he didn't find it. I find that rather interesting.
"Idiot?"
That is laughable.
What? How could he not "dive" in the religion AND search for God everywhere? That seems a little backwards doesn't it?

Besides, it seems like he only used scientific tools to search for God. A futile attempt.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3922 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What? How could he not "dive" in the religion AND search for God everywhere? That seems a little backwards doesn't it?
Besides, it seems like he only used scientific tools to search for God. A futile attempt.
Only to submissive, backwards minds like yours. Sagan was very aware and an excellent observer.

He looked for "evidence" of many, many things. Your little god was never even a bleep on the radar.....many people believe a god exists and Sagan kept an open mind, something else beyond your meagre capabilities of comprehension.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3924 Feb 21, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to submissive, backwards minds like yours. Sagan was very aware and an excellent observer.
He looked for "evidence" of many, many things. Your little god was never even a bleep on the radar.....many people believe a god exists and Sagan kept an open mind, something else beyond your meagre capabilities of comprehension.
OIC, Sagan didn't find God on a radar, so obviously.....

Guess what? You can't find you on a radar either.
Phroderick Fronkensteen

Central Point, OR

#3925 Feb 21, 2013
God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

Yet none of you christians has any evidence.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Feb 13

Hutchinson, MN

#3926 Feb 21, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Sagan is in Hell. He was totally wrong.
See how the hate oozes from my heart and into my keyboard? Oooh, it feels to good to hate for my Lord and Savior! I love to pretend that unchristian humanitarians are burning for my Lord! Ohh, I love it!

Please, people; join us in our holy, sacred hate of all things NOT of our Lord Jesus! Jesus will love you for it.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#3927 Feb 21, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Your presence here proves you know you are lying to yourself. Not a day goes by that I don't laugh at the preposterous activity of a loony bird atheist, griping all day long about something it erroneously thinks doesn't exist, shadow boxing at something it claims isn't there.
You really look extremely STUPID.
SPEW that hate, brother! PRAISE JESUS!!

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#3928 Feb 21, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"Idiot?"
That is laughable.
We Christians do that. Jesus tells us it's okay to HATE all those who disagree with us. It's what He wants.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3929 Feb 22, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep wondering. Because you're wrong, you simpleton phucksquirt.
NO.... I'm NOT wrong, The being you worship and think is so kind and loving, murders little bibles and destroys unborn fetuses. I can prove it to you if you want, Apparently you're so blinded by your religious brainwashing you either refuse to acknowledge these evils, or can't deal with the reality of it all. Which is it for you? Why are you not totally embarrassed worshiping such a demon?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3930 Feb 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>NO.... I'm NOT wrong, The being you worship and think is so kind and loving, murders little bibles and destroys unborn fetuses. I can prove it to you if you want
Go ahead, prove God for us.

LOL
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3931 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead, prove God for us.
LOL
Based on YOUR BELIFE, I can prove that the God YOU BELIVE in, murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Now if you want to say that this demon God doesn't exist, then thats a very different story. We can also reference passages for your holy book that bears these atrocities out. YES< YES, I know you will twist and turn every which way to absolve your God of any wrong doings. You will do so by redefining the passages, or claiming the translation is faulty, or dead wrong, or all of the above. Just as you did by turning slaves into 'SERVANTS." Have at it, it's one of my more enjoyable experienced watching a brainwashed Christian try and defend his demon God.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3932 Feb 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
When you look at all of the life on earth,and all of creation in the endless universe,it's absolutely impossible for God not to be....REAL.
When you look at all of life on Earth and all of creation through the lens of religion I suppose that might be true. But when people educated in the sciences look at the same thing they do not see the answer as magic, specifically Godmagic. They see how evolution has produced the life we see today, they understand how planets and stars come to be, NOT CREATED, but formed naturally. They understand that it is entirely possible for life to come from non-living elements. They realize that the human body is comprised of the same elements that are the main ingredient's found in all stars. That life is inevitable based on those facts. The inevitable consequence of complex chemistry.

When you look at all of the life in its unbelievable complexity, when to view the night sky's and realize the unfathomable distances involved, to say it all came to be because some fictitious being snapped his fingers and everything appeared as it is now, cheapens the whole experience. The awe and mystery of the cosmos is far more inspiring than the belief in a mythical finger snapper.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#3933 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that God is synonymous with religion? If religion died would God die with it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3934 Feb 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Based on YOUR BELIFE, I can prove that the God YOU BELIVE in, murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Now if you want to say that this demon God doesn't exist, then thats a very different story. We can also reference passages for your holy book that bears these atrocities out. YES< YES, I know you will twist and turn every which way to absolve your God of any wrong doings. You will do so by redefining the passages, or claiming the translation is faulty, or dead wrong, or all of the above. Just as you did by turning slaves into 'SERVANTS." Have at it, it's one of my more enjoyable experienced watching a brainwashed Christian try and defend his demon God.
Ahhh.....

So you're gonna "prove" God murders & destroys using the Bible, right?

Then you're gonna turn around and say that the Bible is full of myths and lies.

Except, of course, the parts you like.

I don't (or can't) "redefine" any passages. I've been attempting to educate you on the meanings of various passages. You simply refuse to listen. Your mind is all made up.

In turn, you don't get to distort the Bible's passages to your whim.

You don't get to define them.

You need to learn how to learn.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3935 Feb 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
So you believe that God is synonymous with religion? If religion died would God die with it?
Nope. God doesn't need religion. If it was somehow erased, He'd simply find another way to teach us about Him.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3936 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OIC, Sagan didn't find God on a radar, so obviously.....
Guess what? You can't find you on a radar either.
According to your analogy, since we can't find oxygen on a radar screen so you must be dead.....at least from the neck up....maybe below too....
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#3937 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh.....
So you're gonna "prove" God murders & destroys using the Bible, right?
Then you're gonna turn around and say that the Bible is full of myths and lies.
Except, of course, the parts you like.
I don't (or can't) "redefine" any passages. I've been attempting to educate you on the meanings of various passages. You simply refuse to listen. Your mind is all made up.
In turn, you don't get to distort the Bible's passages to your whim.
You don't get to define them.
You need to learn how to learn.
Oh great seer of the mysteries of biblical passages, explain to me the "hidden meaning" the "falsely translated" the "undistorted" behind your God flooding the entire planet in a very "humanlike" fit of rage. Thereby killing countless children and untold number of little babies along with a great number of pregnant women. Next, educate me on your god having another fit of rage and murdering all of the first born males of the Egyptians, more little babies added to his resume.

I don't need to define the obvious. God commanded Moses to keep the young virgins for his soldiers as spoils of war. That passage doesn't need to be "DEFINED" It says what it says, pretty clear as to it's meaning. God commanded that a father kill his own son to show his love for God. How much defining does one need to do on this passage. Clear as can be. "KIll your son so I will know you love me" What kind of sick f--k demands that to show love? Explain to me how anyone can possible come to any other conclusion for passages this explicit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 665,091
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min AussieBobby 284,448
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 41 min Johnny 1,209
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min bad bob 184,652
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 50 min Seentheotherside 446
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr nanoanomaly 87,858
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 977,205
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr guest 127
More from around the web