God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3758 Jan 26, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of years of no evidence for many many things that we now have evidence for.... Wouldn't it be better to not act like a theist and make assumptions based on ignorance and instead remain open to things where there is no evidence?
RAmen sista!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3759 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me another break, duder. All we "know" about Pluto is what we can see through telescopes. There's so much we don't even know about Earth, let alone Pluto.
Sure, I'll do the same with God - as long as He's a physical being we can analyze.....
And all you know about God is what your sever delusion tells you. "God touched me"...yeah right. "I have spoken to God and he has answered me.".......OK time for your medication.

I pretty much know all there is to know about Pluto thats is important. I know its size.....and God is?....I know where it is located......and God is?.......I know what it is composed of....and God is?.....I know the conditions on the surface....and God?.........I know the length of its orbit around the sun and what the gravity is on Pluto compared to earth....and God?.........I can even advance a very scientifically plausible explanation as to how Pluto was formed....and God?.........Notice how much silence there is after "and God"

You have NO information on your God beyond your flawed holy book and your vivid imagination. You should be embarrassed challenging anyone on knowledge easily garnered from the sciences, when all you have is your imaginary myth. Shame on you!!!!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3760 Jan 26, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it depends on what you like. Wasn't the cloaking device introduced in Balance of Terror? Now that's a neat idea. I liked the bluffing and dodging of the fight.....battling with aliens with totally different cultures is a quandry...but Spock saved the day. Military strategy isn't my thing though.
Now Mirror, Mirror is my kind of thing. Parallel universes? Cool. Besides, a goody two shoes crew isn't quite as much fun to watch as the baddies....it was a kick and my fave...right up there with "Shore Leave" and that one that co-starred Jill Ireland.
Just me.
I liked all the mirror universe episodes, even the DS9 ones.

The sneaky cloaking device episodes are always great.

BTW - Picard is better than Kirk.

*ducks*

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3761 Jan 26, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I have looked, tell the bashful boy to come out from behind the curtain and make his presence known. If you don't have that kind of pull, we're at a stalemate.
I'll say it again, I've said it before, I just can't remember if it was on this thread or not.
I grew up in the church and am familiar with religious debate at family get togethers. I tithed and taught a Sunday School class for a decade....all on your precious 'faith.'
They couldn't answer my questions, some portions of the bible were never used for a sermon. Answers often invovled 'we will understand all someday' or 'god works in mysterious ways.' Bleh.
Secular humanists were demonized (why???) and all other religious sects were on the wrong track. I know BS when it's shovelled in my direction and I really felt a sense of relief when I walked away.
So there, put that in your pipe and smoke it;0)
That's why I tend to stay away from churches. People can screw just about anything up. I've been to dozens of churches & not one seemed to have honest leaders. I keep my faith with God & not a modern church.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3762 Jan 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure if your just playing the dunce, or you really can't comprehend what you read. A country where 84% of the people do not believe in YOUR God would be considered an ATHEIST COUNTRY, Estonia is such a country. In Norway 68% of the populace reject your God, another ATHEIST COUNTRY. Sweden 77% say your God is a myth, in the Netherlands 66% say your God is only imagined, in Finland 59% are convinced your God is non-existent.
If you're going by sheer majority, then America is a white, Christian nation....

Besides, you're absolutely wrong.

You said: "In Norway 68% of the populace reject your God". Where'd you guess that number up?

Wikipedia says:

"Nominal religion in Norway is mostly Protestant (Evangelical-Lutheran) with 78.9% of the population belonging to the state Evangelical Lutheran Church of Norway"

Which means that 21.1% are everything else, including other religions & atheists.

And here's a link so you know I'm not making it up:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_No...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3763 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm required to prove nothing to you.
If you're looking for God, go look.
I found Him, without anyone's help but His.
I always find it amusing when people tell me to "go and look for God." My answer is usually, "what the f--k is he hiding from?" Do you suppose that God is NOT aware that by remaining hidden for all these centuries he is responsible for the myriad of religions that constantly knock heads? How many have died in misery and agony because your special little deity is so vain that he hides and wants us to play a childish game of hind and seek. The only time he apparently revealed himself to mankind was throughout another human, Jesus. Whats the problem with full disclosure of his Godly magnificence? So he decides to have a human represent him is Jesus, and where does this miraculous event take place? In a heavily populated and advance culture like China? Nope, in a backward desert region populated by ignorant sheep herders. He most likely figured an advance and intelligent civilization would laugh this Jesus out of town. Much better the ignorant shepherds.

Further with these ridiculous premiss. This God has a important message for ALL OF MANKIND, and how does he deliver this message?.......By texts!!! In a holy book that has been translated so many times as to be unbelievable, and by unknown authorship with no original copies. What we do have is a holy book so slanted toward human emotions and prejudices, that it becomes obvious to anyone with half a mind that this book was written by frighten old men who's fear of women is so very obvious.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3764 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked all the mirror universe episodes, even the DS9 ones.
The sneaky cloaking device episodes are always great.
BTW - Picard is better than Kirk.
*ducks*
You'd better duck buddy!!!

Spock is the BEST of all, period!

I dabbled with Next Generation.....OK but didn't really resonate like TOS....maybe it was just that I was more mature. Sometimes I despise maturity;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3765 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I tend to stay away from churches. People can screw just about anything up. I've been to dozens of churches & not one seemed to have honest leaders. I keep my faith with God & not a modern church.
A renegade....hmmmmmm....

Open up your IM, it won't hurt, I promise......

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3766 Jan 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I always find it amusing when people tell me to "go and look for God." My answer is usually, "what the f--k is he hiding from?" Do you suppose that God is NOT aware that by remaining hidden for all these centuries he is responsible for the myriad of religions that constantly knock heads? How many have died in misery and agony because your special little deity is so vain that he hides and wants us to play a childish game of hind and seek. The only time he apparently revealed himself to mankind was throughout another human, Jesus. Whats the problem with full disclosure of his Godly magnificence? So he decides to have a human represent him is Jesus, and where does this miraculous event take place? In a heavily populated and advance culture like China? Nope, in a backward desert region populated by ignorant sheep herders. He most likely figured an advance and intelligent civilization would laugh this Jesus out of town. Much better the ignorant shepherds.
Further with these ridiculous premiss. This God has a important message for ALL OF MANKIND, and how does he deliver this message?.......By texts!!! In a holy book that has been translated so many times as to be unbelievable, and by unknown authorship with no original copies. What we do have is a holy book so slanted toward human emotions and prejudices, that it becomes obvious to anyone with half a mind that this book was written by frighten old men who's fear of women is so very obvious.
Why didn't China get a prophet, miraculous wonders and the Good News?....oh wait, they could already read and write at the time.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3767 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going by sheer majority, then America is a white, Christian nation....
You said: "In Norway 68% of the populace reject your God". Where'd you guess that number up?
Wikipedia says:
"Nominal religion in Norway is mostly Protestant (Evangelical-Lutheran) with 78.9% of the population belonging to the state Evangelical Lutheran Church of Norway"
Which means that 21.1% are everything else, including other religions & atheists.
Sigh!.....According to the information I found in Wikipedia.....my post #3710 32% of the populace from Norway believe in your God, which means that regardless of another belief, 68% of that populace rejects your personal God. When you reject God you are an Atheist. 68% of the people from Norway are Atheists, that makes Norway an Atheist dominated country!!!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3768 Jan 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
And all you know about God is what your sever delusion tells you. "God touched me"...yeah right. "I have spoken to God and he has answered me.".......OK time for your medication.
I really don't care if you believe me. You're wrong about so many other things, why would anyone think you're right about this.
I pretty much know all there is to know about Pluto thats is important.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!! thanks
I know its size.....and God is?....I know where it is located......and God is?.......I know what it is composed of....and God is?.....I know the conditions on the surface....and God?.........I know the length of its orbit around the sun and what the gravity is on Pluto compared to earth....and God?.........I can even advance a very scientifically plausible explanation as to how Pluto was formed....and God?.........Notice how much silence there is after "and God"
Everything we know about Pluto, other than its orbit, we've learned sonce 1980. Are you gonna claim that we've learned all there is to know about Pluto in 32 years?

And why are you comparing Pluto to God? God isn't a physical object or being that can be "studied" through a telescope.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3769 Jan 26, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd better duck buddy!!!
Spock is the BEST of all, period!
I dabbled with Next Generation.....OK but didn't really resonate like TOS....maybe it was just that I was more mature. Sometimes I despise maturity;0)
I totally loved TNG. For me, it was the best. Then TOS, VOY, DS9, then ENT.

Did I just show my geek?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3771 Jan 26, 2013
D'oH!

"Ian's" shudda been "IM's"

DYAC!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3772 Jan 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh!.....According to the information I found in Wikipedia.....my post #3710 32% of the populace from Norway believe in your God, which means that regardless of another belief, 68% of that populace rejects your personal God. When you reject God you are an Atheist. 68% of the people from Norway are Atheists, that makes Norway an Atheist dominated country!!!
Oh. So you're just gonna ignore my link 100%?

Right?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3773 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally loved TNG. For me, it was the best. Then TOS, VOY, DS9, then ENT.
Did I just show my geek?
LMAO! Yep, I caught a glimpse of it....

In High School I had read every sci-fi book they had and then got a library card and pillaged the City Library. After the TOS movies, I got busy raising kids, working, etc. You know how that goes.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3774 Jan 26, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Yep, I caught a glimpse of it....
In High School I had read every sci-fi book they had and then got a library card and pillaged the City Library. After the TOS movies, I got busy raising kids, working, etc. You know how that goes.
I did the same. Back then I had to program the VCR to record the shows do I could watch them anytime. Gotta love DVR & TiVo.

I really got into TNG in season 3, when the Borg came in to play.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3775 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wikipedia says:
MMMMmmmmm I just pulled up that link. I got a pic of a church and a warning that "this page has issues". Try it and see if it's not just me.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3776 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care if you believe me. You're wrong about so many other things, why would anyone think you're right about this.
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!! thanks
<quoted text>
Everything we know about Pluto, other than its orbit, we've learned sonce 1980. Are you gonna claim that we've learned all there is to know about Pluto in 32 years?
And why are you comparing Pluto to God? God isn't a physical object or being that can be "studied" through a telescope.
Doesn't this get tiring for you? Why would anyone believe me about you being touched by God and having conversations with him? Because MOST people are aware of the difference between delusions and reality. You may believe al you want that you have had personal contact wit your God, but why would you expect anyone to believe that to be true? The facilities for the mentally impaired are full of people who talk to angels, and demons, and long lost loved ones, and who have been contacted by Aliens and taken to their planet. I suppose you believe all of these claims also? I know its a horrifically scary word for you folks, but supportive EVIDENCE can go a long way to showing you are not inflicted with the very serious mental disease called DELUSIONAL DISORDER were a person cannot tell the difference between what is real and what is only imagined.

You do have trouble following the flow of conversation don't you!!! You claimed that like God, I could also know nothing about Pluto, i proved you wrong. the conversation was NOT about how LONG we have known about Pluto, but rather that I could not examine Pluto, that I could not know its location, and that I could NOT observe it in the naturalistic realm, all claims from you. Of course it was incredibly easy to prove you wrong on all points. Thats also why I am comparing God to Pluto, it was your train of thought not mine. And thanks for stating the obvious that God is not physic and cannot be observed. very convenient for you though isn't it!! Make any ridiculous claim you care to make, and then whine that God can't be observed and we skeptics are being completely unreasonable is asking for proof of these ridiculous claims. PRODUCE SOME VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE or simply admit that YOU HAVE A DELUSION that you think is real!!!!!!!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3777 Jan 26, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't this get tiring for you? Why would anyone believe me about you being touched by God and having conversations with him? Because MOST people are aware of the difference between delusions and reality. You may believe al you want that you have had personal contact wit your God, but why would you expect anyone to believe that to be true? The facilities for the mentally impaired are full of people who talk to angels, and demons, and long lost loved ones, and who have been contacted by Aliens and taken to their planet. I suppose you believe all of these claims also? I know its a horrifically scary word for you folks, but supportive EVIDENCE can go a long way to showing you are not inflicted with the very serious mental disease called DELUSIONAL DISORDER were a person cannot tell the difference between what is real and what is only imagined.
You do have trouble following the flow of conversation don't you!!! You claimed that like God, I could also know nothing about Pluto, i proved you wrong. the conversation was NOT about how LONG we have known about Pluto, but rather that I could not examine Pluto, that I could not know its location, and that I could NOT observe it in the naturalistic realm, all claims from you. Of course it was incredibly easy to prove you wrong on all points. Thats also why I am comparing God to Pluto, it was your train of thought not mine. And thanks for stating the obvious that God is not physic and cannot be observed. very convenient for you though isn't it!! Make any ridiculous claim you care to make, and then whine that God can't be observed and we skeptics are being completely unreasonable is asking for proof of these ridiculous claims. PRODUCE SOME VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE or simply admit that YOU HAVE A DELUSION that you think is real!!!!!!!
Seriously, do you have Alzheimer's?

I have never, ever claimed that I have had or that I'm having conversations with God. I don't know where you get that delusion, but it's not from me.

Also I never said that you know nothing about Pluto, you said you know everything there is to know about Pluto and I responded with "how could you know everything about Pluto when we don't even know everything about earth?".

If you're having trouble keeping up with the conversation just let me know.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3778 Jan 26, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
MMMMmmmmm I just pulled up that link. I got a pic of a church and a warning that "this page has issues". Try it and see if it's not just me.
No doubt an atheist move. But ok, here's another. Which refutes blacklagoon even more :)

" 80% of the population belong to the Church of Norway"

"6.2% do not belong to any religious community at all."

http://www.norway.org/aboutnorway/society/peo...

You got that, blackie? 6.2% of Norwegians are atheist. 6.2%. Hardly an atheist nation, as you claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Good Bob 18,356
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 4,239
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Student 46,266
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 684,018
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 8 hr lester 37
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 hr Hukt on Fonix 983,547
Testing. 11 hr Johnny 1
More from around the web