God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3738 Jan 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Carbon, of which is the prime ingredient for ALL life as we know it, is the most common element in the universe. You can make more molecules from carbon that all other ingredient combined. It is a very high probability that any life beyond our solar system would be based also on carbon, although life based on silicon is something to be looked at.
Given the vast diversions of evolution, the different planetary conditions, it would appear very unlikely that any life discovered would be like our species. Life is out there, its inevitable. Just what kind of life and the degree of intelligence is to be discovered.
I hear you! I'm not well versed in science.....but I'm a Trekkie from way back.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3739 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, I know. The atheist rules of debate. You can ask me to prove my suppositions, but I can't ask you to prove your suppositions......
I get it, I get it.
You make a positive claim, you prove it. You should begin to get it by now....ijit.
treatlessincompl etebliss

Howell, MI

#3740 Jan 25, 2013
everything you do is a part of the miracle system.. every word you speak or type is a component of forming and creating miracles..

you can lose miracles and cause curses the opposite of miracles..

if you don't read the bible and correctly understand it for yourself.. and

don't just read it..

actually take time to analyze it..

don't instantly cast something aside as fake just because you have no proof..

maybe the proof is deeper than you realized..

maybe when that proof wasn't there it's because you missed a step..

and therefore this way I found every step..

every single step..

even these words can help or hinder the ability to create a miracle..

even just talking to God or talkig about god..

you know in the bible why jesus wanted to be more secretive..

if your not it hurts the miracles..

because people are using thier own anti pride miracle.s..

and the pride of their non belief squashes your belief..

because God already promised that he would cater to anyone.. in trial..

and even though it is not great trial and is more of a trivial matter..

it still gets attention but people don't want to accept..

and man believes it can create a world separate from gods miracles..

and call them video games..

video games.. are real and have just as much real life in them as far as god controlling the outcome as real life..

controlling who joins up..

who leaves..

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3741 Jan 25, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
Albert Einstein.
March 24, 1954

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
Albert Einstein.

Einstein often described himself as an "agnostic", a "nonbeliever" or having a belief in "Spinoza's god".

Now, let's examine the full context of Einstein's quote from 1941:

"But science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration toward truth and understanding. This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion. To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason. I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith. The situation may be expressed by an image: science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind".

Einstein's religion was expressed as a zest for truth and understanding.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3742 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as God goes, you cannot "accept something as true"....
You do not know God doesn't exist, you merely believe it.
Why do you aheists fear the word "believe" so much?
Thousands of years of no evidence leads me to believe that there is no god.

Billions of years of the earth revolving around the sun has led me to believe that I will see the sun tomorrow, if it isn't cloudy. Even if it is cloudy, I will believe that the sun is still shining behind the clouds.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3743 Jan 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a disturbing observation from Dr. Neil Tyson with respect to contacting another life form. We and the Chimpanzee have almost exactly the same numbers of chromosomes, we have ONLY one more than the Chimp but look at how much more intelligent we are than a chimp. The smartest chimp can do some simple sign language. What if we were to contact another race from the stars and THEY had one more chromosome than we have. Would their intelligence level be to us, as we are to the Chimp? Suppose they evolved much sooner in time than we did. What if their planet had formed 5 million years before ours. They would have a 5 million year head start in developing their intelligence levels and their technology. How could we hope to have a dialog with them? Why would they even bother? it would be like us attempting to communicate with a worm. Amazing how just one chromosome can make such a huge difference.
It is, indeed. That's why I'm such a sci-fi buff, the ideas, the possibilities are all fascinating.

Mercy, I don't want to live forever but I would like to see some questions answered. Think of all the people who were born and died before Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue, I'll always feel I'm being cheated when I die. Who needs heaven, I'd be fine with being a sentient rock right here on Earth;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3744 Jan 25, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
did you "graduate" grade school?
Ahhh, the theistic connotations of *blush, blush* lust. Now talk about some electrical impulses, chemical/hormonal actions and reactions......is it hot in here?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3745 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mistaken.
I have no burden to prove anything to you.
Either you believe or you don't.
That's your issue, not mine.
I find you lack credibility.

I do not accept anything you say without proof.

the belief in christianity requires the believer to be dishonest, you are a particularly good example.

touched

lol

Location hidden

#3746 Jan 26, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Written by Albert Einstein
http://www.update.uu.se/~fbendz/library/ae_sc...
I doubt that you read it.

It condemns belief in a personal god.

It condemns fear of life and fear of death.

Einstein often played with theists, testing their intellect, mocking them.

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge. In this sense I believe that the priest must become a teacher if he wishes to do justice to his lofty educational mission. "

he concludes with a refutation of common, and current christianity.

Location hidden

#3747 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as God goes, you cannot "accept something as true"....
You do not know God doesn't exist, you merely believe it.
Why do you aheists fear the word "believe" so much?
self respect (obviously you do not understand)

I analyze and evaluate, to accept any proposal upon belief is to prostitute my intellect. that would be shame.

religitards have no shame and damn little intellect.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3748 Jan 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
that was your father touching you, not a god.
There's that ole atheist pedophelia again...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3749 Jan 26, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you! I'm not well versed in science.....but I'm a Trekkie from way back.
No! You are?

We just may have to bury the hatchet on this & start talking Trek!

Which one was better?

Balance of Terror

Or

Mirror, Mirror

Tough

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3750 Jan 26, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a positive claim, you prove it. You should begin to get it by now....ijit.
I'm required to prove nothing to you.

If you're looking for God, go look.

I found Him, without anyone's help but His.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3751 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You found nothing but your dishonest death denial. Magic isn't real Jethro.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3752 Jan 26, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of years of no evidence leads me to believe that there is no god.
Billions of years of the earth revolving around the sun has led me to believe that I will see the sun tomorrow, if it isn't cloudy. Even if it is cloudy, I will believe that the sun is still shining behind the clouds.
Thousands of years of no evidence for many many things that we now have evidence for.... Wouldn't it be better to not act like a theist and make assumptions based on ignorance and instead remain open to things where there is no evidence?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3753 Jan 26, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You found nothing but your dishonest death denial. Magic isn't real Jethro.
I know. Christians don't believe in magic, atheists do.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3754 Jan 26, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of years of no evidence for many many things that we now have evidence for.... Wouldn't it be better to not act like a theist and make assumptions based on ignorance and instead remain open to things where there is no evidence?
What?!?

You do NOT remain open to things where there is no evidence.

You NEED evidence.

But I'm sure you blindly believe in the Big Bang theory....

I'm sure you believe in black holes.

I'm sure you believe in dark matter.

I'm sure you believe in love & hate......

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3755 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No! You are?
We just may have to bury the hatchet on this & start talking Trek!
Which one was better?
Balance of Terror
Or
Mirror, Mirror
Tough
Well, it depends on what you like. Wasn't the cloaking device introduced in Balance of Terror? Now that's a neat idea. I liked the bluffing and dodging of the fight.....battling with aliens with totally different cultures is a quandry...but Spock saved the day. Military strategy isn't my thing though.

Now Mirror, Mirror is my kind of thing. Parallel universes? Cool. Besides, a goody two shoes crew isn't quite as much fun to watch as the baddies....it was a kick and my fave...right up there with "Shore Leave" and that one that co-starred Jill Ireland.

Just me.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3756 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have looked, tell the bashful boy to come out from behind the curtain and make his presence known. If you don't have that kind of pull, we're at a stalemate.

I'll say it again, I've said it before, I just can't remember if it was on this thread or not.

I grew up in the church and am familiar with religious debate at family get togethers. I tithed and taught a Sunday School class for a decade....all on your precious 'faith.'

They couldn't answer my questions, some portions of the bible were never used for a sermon. Answers often invovled 'we will understand all someday' or 'god works in mysterious ways.' Bleh.

Secular humanists were demonized (why???) and all other religious sects were on the wrong track. I know BS when it's shovelled in my direction and I really felt a sense of relief when I walked away.
So there, put that in your pipe and smoke it;0)
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3757 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there's still no link. Do you know how to copy/paste a link?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism
That site shows that:
"Europe and Russia
According to a 2005 Eurostat Eurobarometer poll, 52% of European Union citizens responded that "they believe there is a God", whereas 27% answered that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and 18% that "they do not believe there is a spirit, God, nor life force". Results were widely varied between different countries, with 95% of Maltese respondents stating that they believe in God, on the one end, and only 16% of Estonians stating the same on the other."
Did you see it?
"52% of European Union citizens responded that "they believe there is a God"'.
So stop lying that they are "atheist countries".
I'm not sure if your just playing the dunce, or you really can't comprehend what you read. A country where 84% of the people do not believe in YOUR God would be considered an ATHEIST COUNTRY, Estonia is such a country. In Norway 68% of the populace reject your God, another ATHEIST COUNTRY. Sweden 77% say your God is a myth, in the Netherlands 66% say your God is only imagined, in Finland 59% are convinced your God is non-existent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Devil number 666 989,846
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 14 min NotSoDivineMsM 42,497
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 21 min European Slave 156
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr PadMark 690,591
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Paul McCartney is... 639
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Remnant 144000 619,851
___ #1 Shock Warning for End Time USA ___ 6 hr Nov 2017 1
More from around the web