God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3660 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post. What people like RR fail to understand is that if a corpse can not be considered conclusive proof that death ends personal memory and awareness then NOTHING that we know of could ever be considered as proven. Everything would still be subject to debate and no evidence would ever serve as actual evidence. It's a delusional world of anything goes and it simply doens't work. There could not possibly be any more conclusive proof that death ends personal memory and awareness than a corpse.
TY;0)
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3662 Jan 22, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
We understand each other OK. I think we only disagree on the matter of self awareness.
Lol...I don't believe there's life on Pluto, but who can be sure? There may be life forms that we cannot imagine. I DO think there is life elsewhere in the universe....but have no proof. The odds that this planet is just a bizarre and isolated occurance seems small to me. But again, I wouldn't take a stand on either side.
I have read tracts from Jehovah's Witnesses that we HAVE to be the only life in the universe because their deity made us especially so, etc., etc. I have to wonder why anyone has to make a stand one way or the other on this subject. They claim the answers are in the bible....oh well, it takes all kinds.
I also don't believe in life on Pluto but that does not mean I believe there is no life on Pluto. Like you said, who knows? Any opinion either way at this point in time is very premature.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3663 Jan 22, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
We understand each other OK. I think we only disagree on the matter of self awareness.
Lol...I don't believe there's life on Pluto, but who can be sure? There may be life forms that we cannot imagine. I DO think there is life elsewhere in the universe....but have no proof. The odds that this planet is just a bizarre and isolated occurance seems small to me. But again, I wouldn't take a stand on either side.
I have read tracts from Jehovah's Witnesses that we HAVE to be the only life in the universe because their deity made us especially so, etc., etc. I have to wonder why anyone has to make a stand one way or the other on this subject. They claim the answers are in the bible....oh well, it takes all kinds.
As astrophysicist Neil Tyson says. "The ingredient for life is so common in the universe, the sheer numbers of suns and planetary systems so vast, it would be utterly foolish to assume that life only came to exist on this planet alone. With Hydrogen, Oxygen, Helium, Nitrogen and Carbon, the most abundant elements in the universe, and the fact that we as human contain the exact same ingredients, then life within the cosmos seems inevitable. The inevitable consequence of complex chemistry."

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3664 Jan 22, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I discovered that of these three site you listed, only one deals with the quality of life issues and only the last trumpets the U.S. as being one of the countries with outstanding qualities of life issues. The first site is called Maps Of The World, no categories for anything. The second site was a reply form an individual "Stray Cat" and even his list puts the Atheist countries like Norway and Sweden well above the U.S. Talk about dishonesty!!!
Atheist country like Norway? Where do you come up with this shit?

"Nominal religion in Norway is mostly Protestant with 78.9% of the population belonging to the state Evangelical Lutheran Church of Norway."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_No...

"As of 2011, about 68.8% of Swedish citizens are members of the Church of Sweden"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Sw...

I think this is why you never leave a link to back up your bullshit, because you're lying.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3665 Jan 22, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken for you ased this foolish question "In what way do you think a corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?"
Oh ya, I forgot the atheist rules of debate....

You can ask or demand that I prove my beliefs.

I can't ask it demand the same from you.

My bad.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3666 Jan 22, 2013
Pat wrote:
I'm an agnostic and an atheist. Stop defending your ignorance.
You're also a liar.

An atheist is a person that has no belief in the existence of a god or gods.

An agnostic is a person that has neither faith nor disbelief in a god or gods.

You cannot be both.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3667 Jan 22, 2013
albtraum wrote:
I don't believe there's life on Pluto, but who can be sure? There may be life forms that we cannot imagine.
Say it isn't so!

An open-minded atheist!

WOW

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3668 Jan 22, 2013
Pat wrote:
I also don't believe in life on Pluto but that does not mean I believe there is no life on Pluto.
You could also say:

"I also don't believe in God but that does not mean I believe there is no God. "
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3669 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nominal religion in Norway is mostly Protestant with 78.9% of the population belonging to the state Evangelical Lutheran Church of Norway."
"As of 2011, about 68.8% of Swedish citizens are members of the Church of Sweden"
I think this is why you never leave a link to back up your bullshit, because you're lying.
This from WIKIPEDIA!!!!!!!

Eurobarometer Poll 2005
Country Belief in a god Belief in a spirit
or life force Belief in neither a spirit,
god, nor life force
Malta 95% 3% 1%
Turkey 90% 2% 1%
Cyprus 90% 7% 2%
Romania 90% 8% 1%
Greece 81% 16% 3%
Portugal 91% 6% 3%
Poland 80% 15% 1%
Italy 74% 16% 6%
Ireland 73% 22% 4%
Croatia 67% 25% 7%
Slovakia 61% 26% 11%
Spain 59% 21% 18%
Austria 54% 34% 8%
Lithuania 49% 36% 12%
Switzerland 48% 39% 9%
Germany 47% 25% 25%
Luxembourg 44% 28% 22%
Hungary 44% 31% 19%
Belgium 43% 29% 27%
Finland 41% 41% 16%
Bulgaria 40% 40% 13%
Iceland 38% 48% 11%
United Kingdom 38% 40% 20%
Latvia 37% 49% 10%
Slovenia 37% 46% 16%
France 34% 27% 33%
Netherlands 34% 37% 27%
Norway 32% 47% 17%
Denmark 31% 49% 19%
Sweden 23% 53% 23%
Czech Republic 19% 50% 30%
Estonia 16% 54% 26%
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3670 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Article published in TIME MAGAZINE.

Least Religious Countries
by Iva Skoch (RSS feed) on Aug 23rd 2007 at 12:15PM

When you travel to Europe, don't be surprised to find that many Europeans don't believe in God. I have even witnessed some alcohol-infused conversations between Americans and Europeans that almost ended in fistfights over His/Her existence. When you travel to the following countries, you might want to pick a less controversial topic of conversation ... umm, maybe George W?

Here are the Top 10 least religious countries in the world:

1. Sweden (up to 85% non-believer, atheist, agnostic)
2. Vietnam
3. Denmark
4. Norway
5. Japan
6. Czech Republic
7. Finland
8. France
9. South Korea
10. Estonia (up to 49% non-believer, atheist, agnostic)

The one that surprised me was Israel, ranking 19th, with up to 37% claiming to be non-believer, atheist, agnostic. Compare that with the United States, ranking 44th, with 3-9% non-believers, atheists, agnostics.(I think I have met them all on the streets of New York City, too.)

The survey concluded that "high levels of organic atheism are strongly correlated with high levels of societal health, such as low homicide rates, low poverty rates, low infant mortality rates, and low illiteracy rates, as well as high levels of educational attainment, per capita income, and gender equality. Most nations characterized by high degrees of individual and societal security have the highest rates of organic atheism, and conversely, nations characterized by low degrees of individual and societal security have the lowest rates of organic atheism. In some societies, particularly Europe, atheism is growing. However, throughout much of the world -- particularly nations with high birth rates -- atheism is barely discernable."
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3671 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You could also say:
"I also don't believe in God but that does not mean I believe there is no God. "
The PROBABILITY of there being life on Pluto is a much higher Probability, than there being God. Like this:

1) We know Pluto is real, we can observe it..........No such thing is possible for God.

2.) We know that life can exist in some very harsh conditions, because we have discovered through observation for this to be true.......No such thing is possible for God. HENCE....It is much more probable that life exists on Pluto than for a God to exist.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3672 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, I forgot the atheist rules of debate....
You can ask or demand that I prove my beliefs.
I can't ask it demand the same from you.
My bad.
What claim have I made that you asked me to prove?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3673 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're also a liar.
An atheist is a person that has no belief in the existence of a god or gods.
An agnostic is a person that has neither faith nor disbelief in a god or gods.
You cannot be both.
So does an agnostic possess a belief in god or not? It's a simple yes or no question.

You are quite the defender of your ignorance. You are a fool amongst fools.

Agnostic Atheism & Agnostic Theism

Once it is understood that atheism is merely the absence of belief in any gods, it becomes evident that agnosticism is not, as many assume, a “third way” between atheism and theism. The presence of a belief in a god and the absence of a belief in a god exhaust all of the possibilities. Agnosticism is not about belief in god but about knowledge — it was coined originally to describe the position of a person who could not claim to know for sure if any gods exist or not.

Thus, it is clear that agnosticism is compatible with both theism and atheism. A person can believe in a god (theism) without claiming to know for sure if that god exists; the result is agnostic theism. On the other hand, a person can disbelieve in gods (atheism) without claiming to know for sure that no gods can or do exist; the result is agnostic atheism.

http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutagnosticism/...
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3674 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You could also say:
Duh. An atheist simply needs to lack belief in god to be an atheist NOT believe there is no god. I feel your god claim is unproven not that it has been proven false.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3675 Jan 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> This from WIKIPEDIA!!!!!!!
Eurobarometer Poll 2005
Country Belief in a god Belief in a spirit
or life force Belief in neither a spirit,
god, nor life force
Malta 95% 3% 1%
Turkey 90% 2% 1%
Cyprus 90% 7% 2%
Romania 90% 8% 1%
Greece 81% 16% 3%
Portugal 91% 6% 3%
Poland 80% 15% 1%
Italy 74% 16% 6%
Ireland 73% 22% 4%
Croatia 67% 25% 7%
Slovakia 61% 26% 11%
Spain 59% 21% 18%
Austria 54% 34% 8%
Lithuania 49% 36% 12%
Switzerland 48% 39% 9%
Germany 47% 25% 25%
Luxembourg 44% 28% 22%
Hungary 44% 31% 19%
Belgium 43% 29% 27%
Finland 41% 41% 16%
Bulgaria 40% 40% 13%
Iceland 38% 48% 11%
United Kingdom 38% 40% 20%
Latvia 37% 49% 10%
Slovenia 37% 46% 16%
France 34% 27% 33%
Netherlands 34% 37% 27%
Norway 32% 47% 17%
Denmark 31% 49% 19%
Sweden 23% 53% 23%
Czech Republic 19% 50% 30%
Estonia 16% 54% 26%
Again with no link? You're lying.

Here:(and I'll provide the link to back it up)

"More than 75% of those asked expressed positive "belief in God" in Malta, Turkey, Cyprus, Romania, Greece, Portugal and Poland."

"Religion in Europe has been a major influence on art, culture, philosophy and law. The largest religion in Europe for at least a millennium and a half has been Christianity."

"Much of Eastern Europe was secularized as a matter of state doctrine under Communist rule. Albania was an officially (and constitutionally binding) atheist state from 1967 to 1991.[32] The countries where the fewest people reported a religious belief were the Czech Republic (19%, traditionally Catholic) and Estonia (16%, traditionally Lutheran).[33] Other post-communist countries, however, have seen the opposite effect, with religion being very important in countries such as Romania and Poland."

"Greece as the only traditionally Eastern Orthodox country in Europe which has not been part of the communist Eastern Bloc also retains a very high religiosity, with in excess of 95% of Greeks adhering to the Greek Orthodox Church. "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Eu...

I think we're done here. Stop lying.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3676 Jan 23, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The PROBABILITY of there being life on Pluto is a much higher Probability, than there being God.
How do you know? You've studied neither God nor Pluto. You're just talking outta your ass, like the religion in Europe thing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3677 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What claim have I made that you asked me to prove?
You claim that God exists only in our minds.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3678 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So does an agnostic possess a belief in god or not? It's a simple yes or no question.
You are quite the defender of your ignorance. You are a fool amongst fools.
Agnostic Atheism & Agnostic Theism
Once it is understood that atheism is merely the absence of belief in any gods, it becomes evident that agnosticism is not, as many assume, a “third way” between atheism and theism. The presence of a belief in a god and the absence of a belief in a god exhaust all of the possibilities. Agnosticism is not about belief in god but about knowledge — it was coined originally to describe the position of a person who could not claim to know for sure if any gods exist or not.
Thus, it is clear that agnosticism is compatible with both theism and atheism. A person can believe in a god (theism) without claiming to know for sure if that god exists; the result is agnostic theism. On the other hand, a person can disbelieve in gods (atheism) without claiming to know for sure that no gods can or do exist; the result is agnostic atheism.
http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutagnosticism/...
How about trying to copy/paste from a reputable, unbiased site instead of your little atheist site?

Atheist:

a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity

http://i.word.com/idictionary/atheism

Agnostic:

a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable

one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

http://i.word.com/idictionary/agnostic

Atheists have a firm non-belief in a god(s) in any way. They simply believe there is no such thing as a god(s).

Agnostics are more open-minded, they don't believe in a god(s), but they haven't ruled it out that there isn't one.

Again, quite different.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3679 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? You've studied neither God nor Pluto. You're just talking outta your ass, like the religion in Europe thing.
Like he said, because we know Pluto exists. That fact alone makes the odds far greater than for your imagined sky fairy.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3680 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that God exists only in our minds.
At this point in time that is true and it will remain true until evidence for your imaginary creature you call god is found and presented. I could dream up an endless number of imagined creatures and that is what they would be regardless of the fact that by chance one of the creatures I imagined actually exists. Only once we know it exists is it no longer an imaginary creature. God only exists in the minds of men - at this point in time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawaiians to Attorney General Sessions: We're n... 29 min discocrisco 8
News Nancy Pelosi: Border Wall Is 'Immoral, Expensiv... 31 min discocrisco 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min nanodoofus 110,118
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min nanodufus 675,534
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min gabrielinstupidland 982,286
All blacks should be deported to LIBERIA!!!! (Oct '08) 2 hr White Trash Baboon 10
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 2 hr real 33,202
More from around the web