Comments
3,441 - 3,460 of 5,361 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 26

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3634 Jan 20, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you claim there are aliens on Pluto while having no knowledge that this is true are you a liar?
If you calim you have won the lottery prior to checking your ticket are you a liar?
I say yes.
I doubt very much RR is a child so that does not excuse him. He KNOWS he lacks evidence. he knows his beliefs REQUIRE faith.
The last sentance is where we disagree, many theists do have childlike mentalities. Our particular little troll does seem to be extremely well brainwashed. Neither one of us can say for certain, but from what I've seen so far I do believe he has fooled himself well enough to believe he is a truth teller. He keeps alluding to certain past experience, "If you knew what I knew" sort of stuff.
JIMHO

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3635 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
"No he doesn't and there is no heaven or hell."
How do you know there is no heaven or hell?
Are you spouting your opinion or are you sharing fact?
If its fact, please supply your evidence.
If its opinion, admit it.
No, it's not an opinion. You can take my statements to other atheists and twist them any way you like.

Proof can be obtained that a corpse goes into the ground or is cremated, etc. Any coffin or urn of ashes can be opened up and every single particle of that person remains.

If invisible, undetectable sould are present in humans then they should be present in all mammals. It would be a natural condition of the species and that still doesn't explain why the soul would be 'directed' to one place or another. If a soul is not physical, then it cannot burn nor can it suffer in any way that we can imagine.

When a person dies, it can be proved that brain cells die and thought ends....those that suffer any type of brain damage do not retain memory or coherant thought.

If you wish to prove different, then the onus of proof falls squarely on your shoulders....you'd better get busy and shore up your shakey debate.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3636 Jan 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you miss the point? Is it reasonable to believe that pixie dust exists and can do what it is said to do? Or are you at a loss and unable to deal with the question?
Reminds me of The Salem Witch Trials when 'spectral evidence' was allowed in a court of law. Preying on people's fears and superstitions can do terrible things.

Oh ye of waaaay too much faith;0)
Pat

Granby, CT

#3639 Jan 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Notice how America, one of the most Christian Nation on the planet,is NOT listed in the top ten happiest, healthiest, most prosperous, countries in the world. Where is all the Christian teaching that allows U.S teens unwanted pregnancies at a rate of 70% more than Atheistic countries? Why can't Christian teachings and upbringing curb the higher rate of SDT over Atheistic countries? Where is the fine Christian upbringing that allows domestic violence to be on the rise among Christians?
It's called the benefit of diversity. The social ills you mention are way overrepresented amongst blacks and Hispanics. The countries with high levels of organic atheism tend to be white or Asian.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3640 Jan 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I think #4 actually says A U S T R A L I A. Yeah I know it kind of looks like America if you're not paying attention. I your defense there are some of the same letters...Two A's....an R.....and an I, so don't feel bad!!!!
What does happiness mean to you? At its core it consists of being healthy, having enough food to feed yourself and your family and enough to money to do what you want and buy what you want. For most people that entails a nice home, decent clothes, a car or two, cable TV, good times with family and friends.
Furthermore, happiness means being able to speak what's on your mind without fear, to worship the God of your choosing, and to feel safe and secure in your own home.
The World's Happiest Countries:
1. Norway
2. Denmark
3. Sweden
4. Australia
5. New Zealand
6. Canada
7. Finland
8. The Netherlands
9. Switzerland
10. Ireland
Happiness means having opportunity to get an education, to be an entrepreneur. What's more satisfying than having a big idea and turning it into a thriving business, knowing all the way that the harder you work, the more reward you can expect?
You are so right. I work for myself and wouldn't have it any other way. No lay offs in my future!
Pat

Granby, CT

#3641 Jan 21, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
The last sentance is where we disagree, many theists do have childlike mentalities. Our particular little troll does seem to be extremely well brainwashed. Neither one of us can say for certain, but from what I've seen so far I do believe he has fooled himself well enough to believe he is a truth teller. He keeps alluding to certain past experience, "If you knew what I knew" sort of stuff.
JIMHO
I hear you. I still think that deep down every theist knows they are living a lie no different than every drunk knows they are an alcoholic even though they too so often will not admit to it.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3642 Jan 21, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not an opinion. You can take my statements to other atheists and twist them any way you like.
Proof can be obtained that a corpse goes into the ground or is cremated, etc. Any coffin or urn of ashes can be opened up and every single particle of that person remains.
If invisible, undetectable sould are present in humans then they should be present in all mammals. It would be a natural condition of the species and that still doesn't explain why the soul would be 'directed' to one place or another. If a soul is not physical, then it cannot burn nor can it suffer in any way that we can imagine.
When a person dies, it can be proved that brain cells die and thought ends....those that suffer any type of brain damage do not retain memory or coherant thought.
If you wish to prove different, then the onus of proof falls squarely on your shoulders....you'd better get busy and shore up your shakey debate.
Excellent post. What people like RR fail to understand is that if a corpse can not be considered conclusive proof that death ends personal memory and awareness then NOTHING that we know of could ever be considered as proven. Everything would still be subject to debate and no evidence would ever serve as actual evidence. It's a delusional world of anything goes and it simply doens't work. There could not possibly be any more conclusive proof that death ends personal memory and awareness than a corpse.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3643 Jan 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I think #4 actually says A U S T R A L I A. Yeah I know it kind of looks like America if you're not paying attention. I your defense there are some of the same letters...Two A's....an R.....and an I, so don't feel bad!!!!
What does happiness mean to you? At its core it consists of being healthy, having enough food to feed yourself and your family and enough to money to do what you want and buy what you want. For most people that entails a nice home, decent clothes, a car or two, cable TV, good times with family and friends.
Furthermore, happiness means being able to speak what's on your mind without fear, to worship the God of your choosing, and to feel safe and secure in your own home.
The World's Happiest Countries:
1. Norway
2. Denmark
3. Sweden
4. Australia
5. New Zealand
6. Canada
7. Finland
8. The Netherlands
9. Switzerland
10. Ireland
Happiness means having opportunity to get an education, to be an entrepreneur. What's more satisfying than having a big idea and turning it into a thriving business, knowing all the way that the harder you work, the more reward you can expect?
I guess it depends on who you are, what you like & what you consider "happy".

It also depends on what website you're looking at, obviously.

This shows US at #9
www.mapsofworld.com World Top Ten

able2know.org/topic/55762-1

internationalliving.com Further-Resources

Location hidden

#3644 Jan 21, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way do you think a dead corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?

Location hidden

#3645 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. I still think...
You don't think enough.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3646 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think enough.
Says the fool who thinks he knows what an agnostic is.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3647 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way do you think a dead corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?
A dead corpse? LOL Is there such thing as a living corpse? That's what you believe in, right? You live after you die? Produce your living corpse or sit down, liar.

Location hidden

#3648 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the fool who thinks he knows what an agnostic is.
An agnostic is a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena.

Location hidden

#3649 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
A dead corpse? LOL Is there such thing as a living corpse? That's what you believe in, right? You live after you die? Produce your living corpse or sit down, liar.
Ok, so I made a grammatical error.

Ahem

In what way do you think a corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?

Better, bitch?

Can't answer the question?

Because usually when one resorts to fixing typos & errors, they have no argument left.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3650 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An agnostic is a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena.
Yes, that is exactly what I said it means, knowledge of god is unknown or unknowable. Which means it does not even speak to the matter of whether or not the agnostic believes in god. An agnostic can be an agnostic and still choose to believe in god through faith like any other theist or the agnostic can lack belief and be an atheist. Either way, all agnostics are still either theists or atheists, for there is no possible third position one can hold with regards to belief in god. You either possess a belief in god or you do not.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3651 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so I made a grammatical error.
Ahem
In what way do you think a corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?
Better, bitch?
Can't answer the question?
Because usually when one resorts to fixing typos & errors, they have no argument left.
Why can't you ever learn? Why do you keep using the same flawed bassakwards reasoning post after post? I can no more disprove your imaginary soul than I can your imaginary god. The burden is on you to show that a corpse does not represent what it so plainly represnts, not me. The burden is on you to show how awareness is not brain function and that it can survive absent a body. Don't put your foolish burdens on me. If you want to argue magic is real then you prove magic is real.

Location hidden

#3652 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
Yes, that is exactly what I said it means, knowledge of god is unknown or unknowable. Which means {{{SCREEEEEECH!!!}}}
An atheist, a true atheist, wouldn't even entertain that idea, they believe there no god(s) to know or not know.

Agnostics are quite different than atheists.

Location hidden

#3653 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you ever learn? Why do you keep using the same flawed bassakwards reasoning post after post? I can no more disprove your imaginary soul than I can your imaginary god. The burden is on you to show that a corpse does not represent what it so plainly represnts, not me. The burden is on you to show how awareness is not brain function and that it can survive absent a body. Don't put your foolish burdens on me. If you want to argue magic is real then you prove magic is real.
You're mistaken.

I have no burden to prove anything to you.

Either you believe or you don't.

That's your issue, not mine.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3654 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it depends on who you are, what you like & what you consider "happy".
It also depends on what website you're looking at, obviously.
This shows US at #9
www.mapsofworld.com World Top Ten
able2know.org/topic/55762-1
internationalliving.com Further-Resources
I discovered that of these three site you listed, only one deals with the quality of life issues and only the last trumpets the U.S. as being one of the countries with outstanding qualities of life issues. The first site is called Maps Of The World, no categories for anything. The second site was a reply form an individual "Stray Cat" and even his list puts the Atheist countries like Norway and Sweden well above the U.S. Talk about dishonesty!!!
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#3655 Jan 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I discovered that of these three site you listed, only one deals with the quality of life issues and only the last trumpets the U.S. as being one of the countries with outstanding qualities of life issues. The first site is called Maps Of The World, no categories for anything. The second site was a reply form an individual "Stray Cat" and even his list puts the Atheist countries like Norway and Sweden well above the U.S. Talk about dishonesty!!!
The second one is from 2003-2004.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 733,058
AOL - Do not use 7 min yon 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Stephania 599,945
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min Just TLC 4,338
nuru massage service in Dubai ,Dubai massage nu... (Feb '14) 15 min dubaimassage 9
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 18 min Falcon 746
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min JUDEletePete 117,975
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 258,001
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 538,995
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Blck 106
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••