Pat

Granby, CT

#3640 Jan 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I think #4 actually says A U S T R A L I A. Yeah I know it kind of looks like America if you're not paying attention. I your defense there are some of the same letters...Two A's....an R.....and an I, so don't feel bad!!!!
What does happiness mean to you? At its core it consists of being healthy, having enough food to feed yourself and your family and enough to money to do what you want and buy what you want. For most people that entails a nice home, decent clothes, a car or two, cable TV, good times with family and friends.
Furthermore, happiness means being able to speak what's on your mind without fear, to worship the God of your choosing, and to feel safe and secure in your own home.
The World's Happiest Countries:
1. Norway
2. Denmark
3. Sweden
4. Australia
5. New Zealand
6. Canada
7. Finland
8. The Netherlands
9. Switzerland
10. Ireland
Happiness means having opportunity to get an education, to be an entrepreneur. What's more satisfying than having a big idea and turning it into a thriving business, knowing all the way that the harder you work, the more reward you can expect?
You are so right. I work for myself and wouldn't have it any other way. No lay offs in my future!
Pat

Granby, CT

#3641 Jan 21, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
The last sentance is where we disagree, many theists do have childlike mentalities. Our particular little troll does seem to be extremely well brainwashed. Neither one of us can say for certain, but from what I've seen so far I do believe he has fooled himself well enough to believe he is a truth teller. He keeps alluding to certain past experience, "If you knew what I knew" sort of stuff.
JIMHO
I hear you. I still think that deep down every theist knows they are living a lie no different than every drunk knows they are an alcoholic even though they too so often will not admit to it.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3642 Jan 21, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not an opinion. You can take my statements to other atheists and twist them any way you like.
Proof can be obtained that a corpse goes into the ground or is cremated, etc. Any coffin or urn of ashes can be opened up and every single particle of that person remains.
If invisible, undetectable sould are present in humans then they should be present in all mammals. It would be a natural condition of the species and that still doesn't explain why the soul would be 'directed' to one place or another. If a soul is not physical, then it cannot burn nor can it suffer in any way that we can imagine.
When a person dies, it can be proved that brain cells die and thought ends....those that suffer any type of brain damage do not retain memory or coherant thought.
If you wish to prove different, then the onus of proof falls squarely on your shoulders....you'd better get busy and shore up your shakey debate.
Excellent post. What people like RR fail to understand is that if a corpse can not be considered conclusive proof that death ends personal memory and awareness then NOTHING that we know of could ever be considered as proven. Everything would still be subject to debate and no evidence would ever serve as actual evidence. It's a delusional world of anything goes and it simply doens't work. There could not possibly be any more conclusive proof that death ends personal memory and awareness than a corpse.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3643 Jan 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I think #4 actually says A U S T R A L I A. Yeah I know it kind of looks like America if you're not paying attention. I your defense there are some of the same letters...Two A's....an R.....and an I, so don't feel bad!!!!
What does happiness mean to you? At its core it consists of being healthy, having enough food to feed yourself and your family and enough to money to do what you want and buy what you want. For most people that entails a nice home, decent clothes, a car or two, cable TV, good times with family and friends.
Furthermore, happiness means being able to speak what's on your mind without fear, to worship the God of your choosing, and to feel safe and secure in your own home.
The World's Happiest Countries:
1. Norway
2. Denmark
3. Sweden
4. Australia
5. New Zealand
6. Canada
7. Finland
8. The Netherlands
9. Switzerland
10. Ireland
Happiness means having opportunity to get an education, to be an entrepreneur. What's more satisfying than having a big idea and turning it into a thriving business, knowing all the way that the harder you work, the more reward you can expect?
I guess it depends on who you are, what you like & what you consider "happy".

It also depends on what website you're looking at, obviously.

This shows US at #9
www.mapsofworld.com World Top Ten

#6
able2know.org/topic/55762-1

#7
internationalliving.com Further-Resources

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3644 Jan 21, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not an opinion. You can take my statements to other atheists and twist them any way you like.
Proof can be obtained that a corpse goes into the ground or is cremated, etc. Any coffin or urn of ashes can be opened up and every single particle of that person remains.
If invisible, undetectable sould are present in humans then they should be present in all mammals. It would be a natural condition of the species and that still doesn't explain why the soul would be 'directed' to one place or another. If a soul is not physical, then it cannot burn nor can it suffer in any way that we can imagine.
When a person dies, it can be proved that brain cells die and thought ends....those that suffer any type of brain damage do not retain memory or coherant thought.
If you wish to prove different, then the onus of proof falls squarely on your shoulders....you'd better get busy and shore up your shakey debate.
In what way do you think a dead corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3645 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. I still think...
You don't think enough.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3646 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think enough.
Says the fool who thinks he knows what an agnostic is.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3647 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In what way do you think a dead corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?
A dead corpse? LOL Is there such thing as a living corpse? That's what you believe in, right? You live after you die? Produce your living corpse or sit down, liar.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3648 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the fool who thinks he knows what an agnostic is.
An agnostic is a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3649 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
A dead corpse? LOL Is there such thing as a living corpse? That's what you believe in, right? You live after you die? Produce your living corpse or sit down, liar.
Ok, so I made a grammatical error.

Ahem

In what way do you think a corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?

Better, bitch?

Can't answer the question?

Because usually when one resorts to fixing typos & errors, they have no argument left.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3650 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An agnostic is a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena.
Yes, that is exactly what I said it means, knowledge of god is unknown or unknowable. Which means it does not even speak to the matter of whether or not the agnostic believes in god. An agnostic can be an agnostic and still choose to believe in god through faith like any other theist or the agnostic can lack belief and be an atheist. Either way, all agnostics are still either theists or atheists, for there is no possible third position one can hold with regards to belief in god. You either possess a belief in god or you do not.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3651 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so I made a grammatical error.
Ahem
In what way do you think a corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?
Better, bitch?
Can't answer the question?
Because usually when one resorts to fixing typos & errors, they have no argument left.
Why can't you ever learn? Why do you keep using the same flawed bassakwards reasoning post after post? I can no more disprove your imaginary soul than I can your imaginary god. The burden is on you to show that a corpse does not represent what it so plainly represnts, not me. The burden is on you to show how awareness is not brain function and that it can survive absent a body. Don't put your foolish burdens on me. If you want to argue magic is real then you prove magic is real.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3652 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
Yes, that is exactly what I said it means, knowledge of god is unknown or unknowable. Which means {{{SCREEEEEECH!!!}}}
An atheist, a true atheist, wouldn't even entertain that idea, they believe there no god(s) to know or not know.

Agnostics are quite different than atheists.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3653 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you ever learn? Why do you keep using the same flawed bassakwards reasoning post after post? I can no more disprove your imaginary soul than I can your imaginary god. The burden is on you to show that a corpse does not represent what it so plainly represnts, not me. The burden is on you to show how awareness is not brain function and that it can survive absent a body. Don't put your foolish burdens on me. If you want to argue magic is real then you prove magic is real.
You're mistaken.

I have no burden to prove anything to you.

Either you believe or you don't.

That's your issue, not mine.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3654 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it depends on who you are, what you like & what you consider "happy".
It also depends on what website you're looking at, obviously.
This shows US at #9
www.mapsofworld.com World Top Ten
#6
able2know.org/topic/55762-1
#7
internationalliving.com Further-Resources
I discovered that of these three site you listed, only one deals with the quality of life issues and only the last trumpets the U.S. as being one of the countries with outstanding qualities of life issues. The first site is called Maps Of The World, no categories for anything. The second site was a reply form an individual "Stray Cat" and even his list puts the Atheist countries like Norway and Sweden well above the U.S. Talk about dishonesty!!!
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#3655 Jan 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I discovered that of these three site you listed, only one deals with the quality of life issues and only the last trumpets the U.S. as being one of the countries with outstanding qualities of life issues. The first site is called Maps Of The World, no categories for anything. The second site was a reply form an individual "Stray Cat" and even his list puts the Atheist countries like Norway and Sweden well above the U.S. Talk about dishonesty!!!
The second one is from 2003-2004.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3656 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mistaken.
I have no burden to prove anything to you.
Either you believe or you don't.
That's your issue, not mine.
You are mistaken for you ased this foolish question "In what way do you think a corpse proves that there is no heaven or hell?"
Pat

Granby, CT

#3657 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist, a true atheist, wouldn't even entertain that idea, they believe there no god(s) to know or not know.
Agnostics are quite different than atheists.
So now you operate the atheist control tower and are the authority on what a true atheist is? You are a buffoon.

"Agnostics are quite different than atheists."

I'm an agnostic and an atheist. Stop defending your ignorance.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#3658 Jan 21, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The second one is from 2003-2004.
Anon
do you still believe that Honolulu is going to be capitol for Jesus Christ and His next goverment

it look like that sneaky obama want to cheat God and stick in secrecy in his hawaii home to the ranks of holy ones living of this island made from volcanos lava

guy behaves and making eyes and faces like creature avove all humankind-and god alone

similarity was with Ceasar Cludius
during his sleep,he woke up as human god and kill with sword own babe in the womb of his wife

his fear was that his own babe will reap him out to be god reincarnated as Ceasar

what is on the mind of Obama,
we will know,time will reveal us his intentions to be god and born black jesus

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3659 Jan 21, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. I still think that deep down every theist knows they are living a lie no different than every drunk knows they are an alcoholic even though they too so often will not admit to it.
We understand each other OK. I think we only disagree on the matter of self awareness.

Lol...I don't believe there's life on Pluto, but who can be sure? There may be life forms that we cannot imagine. I DO think there is life elsewhere in the universe....but have no proof. The odds that this planet is just a bizarre and isolated occurance seems small to me. But again, I wouldn't take a stand on either side.

I have read tracts from Jehovah's Witnesses that we HAVE to be the only life in the universe because their deity made us especially so, etc., etc. I have to wonder why anyone has to make a stand one way or the other on this subject. They claim the answers are in the bible....oh well, it takes all kinds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 837,664
Never join the Military 4 min Protester 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Liam 589,676
News Mark Steyn: New questions about Obama's eligibi... 6 min caesar 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min Liam 40,477
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min YellowStar 176,850
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 21 min WasteWater 5,893
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 24 min WasteWater 4,210
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Truths 612,160
More from around the web