“Nothing but the Truth”

Since: Jan 13

Olympia, WA

#3614 Jan 19, 2013
I am not bound by any certain ideology, and I have an open mind. You do not have to believe in a christian God to believe in miracles. I have just returned from 6 weeks in the Amazon Jungle where I used Ayahuaca, a sacred plant medicine with real healing properties, and I can tell you it was miraculous to shed the veil of BS no matter if only for a few hours and just as a general observation those living a natural life in the Amazon away from the churches and close to nature seemed a lot better off in every way then their Catholic counterparts in the cities.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3615 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You just exquisitely defined what it is to be closed-minded.
"There's no proof, so I don't believe it can be real."
<quoted text>
LMAO!
You "know no such place is real"?
How?
Please demonstrate your closed-mindedness some more.....
do you really believe that having an open mind means to accept the most bizarre things? Does it make it reasonable to believe that having a substance sprinkled on you will make it possible for you to suddenly defy the laws of gravity and be able to float off into outer-space? With no life support whatsoever? And this substance was sprinkled on you by a very small female with wings, apparently a fairy. Is it reasonable to have an open mind about "pixie dust?" I guess the keyword here is REASONABLE. Is this scenario like to be true? Is there any good reason to believe this claim? If I claimed such an event was true, would you not ask me for proof? And would I be foolish enough to turn around and ask you to prove that pixie dust cannot do as I described?
Pat

Granby, CT

#3616 Jan 19, 2013
Nothing sways the stupid more than an argument they can not understand. That's why the blanket excuse for all the obvious hypocrisy "god works in mysterious ways" is so eagerly accepted.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3617 Jan 19, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure."
Or the atheist way...

"Tell people that we are the accidental cause of life coming miraculously from non-life. No, we can't prove it, but it sure sounds better than an invisible sky fairy."

Location hidden

#3618 Jan 19, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>do you really believe that having an open mind means to accept the most bizarre things? Does it make it reasonable to believe that having a substance sprinkled on you will make it possible for you to suddenly defy the laws of gravity and be able to float off into outer-space? With no life support whatsoever? And this substance was sprinkled on you by a very small female with wings, apparently a fairy. Is it reasonable to have an open mind about "pixie dust?" I guess the keyword here is REASONABLE. Is this scenario like to be true? Is there any good reason to believe this claim? If I claimed such an event was true, would you not ask me for proof? And would I be foolish enough to turn around and ask you to prove that pixie dust cannot do as I described?
Pixie dust?

Outer space?

WTH?

Location hidden

#3619 Jan 19, 2013
Pat wrote:
Nothing sways the stupid more than an argument they can not understand. That's why the blanket excuse for all the obvious hypocrisy "god works in mysterious ways" is so eagerly accepted.
We could do it your way instead:

"The universe works in mysterious ways."
waynemcclain

Runnemede, NJ

#3620 Jan 19, 2013
why does god send people to hell for suicide..

it could be worse what if I was killing a whole bunch of others..
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3621 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the atheist way...
"Tell people that we are the accidental cause of life coming miraculously from non-life. No, we can't prove it, but it sure sounds better than an invisible sky fairy."
Just can't get away from that word Miraculous, can you.

Considering that we humans are made out of the same elements as stars, and those elements are the most common in the universe, then "accidental" seems a foolish way to put it. Carbon, which is what all life is based upon, is the 4th most comma element i the universe. You can make more molecules from carbon than all of the other elements combined. Life coming to be seems to me far from accidental or miraculous. Given the right ingredients, which are everywhere, life may be inevitable. An inevitable consequence of complex chemistry.

Is life a rare event? It would seem as though we are not very special at all. Considering the abundance of elements in the universe associated with life, Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Helium, and Hydrogen, and given the sheer numbers of galaxies containing untold trillions of suns and solar systems, life in all probability is abundant.

It's a extremely closed mind that would ignore these cosmological facts and maintain life can only be created by an unknown being, and only here upon this planet circling a second rate star in the backwaters of our galaxy.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3622 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pixie dust?
Outer space?
WTH?
Why do you miss the point? Is it reasonable to believe that pixie dust exists and can do what it is said to do? Or are you at a loss and unable to deal with the question?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3623 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We could do it your way instead:
"The universe works in mysterious ways."
The difference being, there is very little that is mysterious about the universe.

Location hidden

#3624 Jan 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The difference being, there is very little that is mysterious about the universe.
HAHAHA!

There's that ole atheist arrogance again.

We can barely escape our planets gravity, but you think we've unlocked the mysteries of the universe.....
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3625 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that.
en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_countries_by_Hum...
But I'll take the rolling hills, beautiful beaches & city skylines over Norway's frozen wasteland for a mere .03%
JUST IN......From Forbes News Service. Here are the "happiest" "prosperous" countries in the world.

1.) Norway----------72% Atheists
2.) Denmark---------80% Atheists
3.) Sweden----------85% Atheists
4.) Australia
5.) New Zealand------Considered an Atheist country
6.) Canada----------30% Atheists
7.) Finland----------60% Atheists
8.) The Netherlands---44% Atheists
9.) Switzerland-------Considered an Atheist country
10.) Iceland----------" " " "

These countries all share the same advantages in health--Prosperity-----feeling safe and secure in their homes-----Less teen pregnancy ----less STD------better educational systems---and all are free to choose whatever religion they care, they are apparently a lot more informed, better educated and their intelligence levels high enough for them to be highly skeptical of unsupported religious dogma.

Location hidden

#3626 Jan 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>JUST IN......From Forbes News Service. Here are the "happiest" "prosperous" countries in the world.
1.) Norway----------72% Atheists
2.) Denmark---------80% Atheists
3.) Sweden----------85% Atheists
4.) Australia
5.) New Zealand------Considered an Atheist country
6.) Canada----------30% Atheists
7.) Finland----------60% Atheists
8.) The Netherlands---44% Atheists
9.) Switzerland-------Considered an Atheist country
10.) Iceland----------" " " "
These countries all share the same advantages in health--Prosperity-----feeling safe and secure in their homes-----Less teen pregnancy ----less STD------better educational systems---and all are free to choose whatever religion they care, they are apparently a lot more informed, better educated and their intelligence levels high enough for them to be highly skeptical of unsupported religious dogma.
lol

I hope you realize those numbers are false.

They represent a possible percentage if people that don't believe in god but don't necessarily consider themselves atheists....

Here is a list of the top fifty countries containing the highest percentage of people who identify themselves as atheist, agnostic, or non-believers in God.

These figures do not necessarily represent the number of people who are identify themselves as “atheists.” For example, in Estonia in 2004, 49% of people surveyed said they did not believe in God. At the same time, only 11% of people in the country identified themselves as atheists.

http://www.impactlab.net/2006/03/26/the-50-co...

Notice Norway on that list? It shows a range of 31-72%.

You're being intellectually dishonest now.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3627 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
They represent a possible percentage if people that don't believe in god but don't necessarily consider themselves atheists....
Here is a list of the top fifty countries containing the highest percentage of people who identify themselves as atheist, agnostic, or non-believers in God.
These figures do not necessarily represent the number of people who are identify themselves as “atheists.” For example, in Estonia in 2004, 49% of people surveyed said they did not believe in God. At the same time, only 11% of people in the country identified themselves as atheists.
" For example, in Estonia in 2004, 49% of people surveyed said they did not believe in God. At the same time, only 11% of people in the country identified themselves as atheists."

Irrelevant. If one lacks belief in god they are not a theist and therefore by defaut they are atheist.

Location hidden

#3628 Jan 20, 2013
Pat wrote:
Irrelevant. If one lacks belief in god they are not a theist and therefore by defaut they are atheist.
Wrong again. Never heard of agnostic?
Pat

Granby, CT

#3629 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Never heard of agnostic?
You truly are a dope. Agnosticism deals with knowledge not belief. If one lacks belief in god they are an atheist, period. They can also be an agnostic and feel that knowledge of god is unknown or unknowable - the definition of an agnostic. ALL agnostics are still either theists or atheists.

"Once it is understood that atheism is merely the absence of belief in any gods, it becomes evident that agnosticism is not, as many assume, a “third way” between atheism and theism. The presence of a belief in a god and the absence of a belief in a god exhaust all of the possibilities. Agnosticism is not about belief in god but about knowledge — it was coined originally to describe the position of a person who could not claim to know for sure if any gods exist or not.

Thus, it is clear that agnosticism is compatible with both theism and atheism. A person can believe in a god (theism) without claiming to know for sure if that god exists; the result is agnostic theism. On the other hand, a person can disbelieve in gods (atheism) without claiming to know for sure that no gods can or do exist; the result is agnostic atheism."

http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutagnosticism/...
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3630 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
I guess you're serious here, unbelievable!!! "The possible percentage?" What the hell does that mean, possible percentage. It's a poll, unless the people polled are lying, the number speak for themselves, there are NOT false. You seem to have penchant for dismissing evidence you don't agree with by finding fault with the methodology. You did the same with the biblical translations when you claimed there was no reference to slavery in the bible. You rejected the translation I was using, as if you and you alone knew better than the biblical scholars who did the translation. You're doing the same here.

You either believe in God or you don't. You may coin whatever phrase you care to, but a lack of belief in God is the Atheistic position.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3631 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Notice how America, one of the most Christian Nation on the planet,is NOT listed in the top ten happiest, healthiest, most prosperous, countries in the world. Where is all the Christian teaching that allows U.S teens unwanted pregnancies at a rate of 70% more than Atheistic countries? Why can't Christian teachings and upbringing curb the higher rate of SDT over Atheistic countries? Where is the fine Christian upbringing that allows domestic violence to be on the rise among Christians?

Location hidden

#3632 Jan 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Notice how America, one of the most Christian Nation on the planet,is NOT listed in the top ten happiest, healthiest, most prosperous, countries in the world.
It was listed as #4.

But who's counting....
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3633 Jan 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was listed as #4.
But who's counting....
I think #4 actually says A U S T R A L I A. Yeah I know it kind of looks like America if you're not paying attention. I your defense there are some of the same letters...Two A's....an R.....and an I, so don't feel bad!!!!

What does happiness mean to you? At its core it consists of being healthy, having enough food to feed yourself and your family and enough to money to do what you want and buy what you want. For most people that entails a nice home, decent clothes, a car or two, cable TV, good times with family and friends.
Furthermore, happiness means being able to speak what's on your mind without fear, to worship the God of your choosing, and to feel safe and secure in your own home.
The World's Happiest Countries:

1. Norway
2. Denmark
3. Sweden
4. Australia
5. New Zealand
6. Canada
7. Finland
8. The Netherlands
9. Switzerland
10. Ireland
Happiness means having opportunity – to get an education, to be an entrepreneur. What's more satisfying than having a big idea and turning it into a thriving business, knowing all the way that the harder you work, the more reward you can expect?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min atemcowboy 542,916
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Chris Clearwater 739,871
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Eagle 12 227,708
Submissives 14 min Ellejonson 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 29 min Edthirty 3,142
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min Chris Clearwater 173,768
Rachael Davis Kornacki 33 min Bev Jamison 2
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Azphene 154

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••