God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3598 Jan 18, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No he doesn't and there is no heaven or hell. What we have right here is all there is, make the most of it.
Why do atheists do that?

Shut someone down for believing in something then fire back with their owns beliefs...
Pat

Granby, CT

#3599 Jan 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again (and again and again as again) I don't believe in any sky fairy.....
What do you mean "produce your god"? You think I can summon Him at will?
I think you need to STFU or accept you are a typical theist, a liar.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3600 Jan 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm.... We were talking about souls, a non-physical part of us, not our physical bodies.
The soul is considered the incorporeal essence of a person, and is said to be immortal and transcendent of material existence.
But when scientists speak of the soul (if at all), it's usually in a materialistic context, or treated as a poetic synonym for the mind.
Everything knowable about the "soul" can be learned by studying the functioning of the brain. In their view, neuroscience is the only branch of scientific study relevant to understanding the soul.
Neuroscience can't explain why we have subjective experiences, can you?
I don't care what "the soul is considered" put forth your evidence of a soul or STFU. There is no non physical part of you, you are a mammal, not half mammal half ghost.

Magic magic magic! That is the essence of your low IQ world view. Bravo!
Pat

Granby, CT

#3601 Jan 18, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I don't believe you're lying. You're just wrong.
I guess that's in a nut shell.
No, he's lying.

It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Pat

Granby, CT

#3602 Jan 18, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the big hook of religion, everlasting life. Theists keep talking about the 'incorporeal soul'(ghosts anyone?) as if it were a tangible thing. They can't prove it, they just 'feel' it.
I can understand the power of wishful thinking, that's what drugs do for a person. They can escape a painful reality and go to la la land which is all religion is.
I also understand the comraderie of like minded people, it's nice to belong and have a support group. I used to be religious, I taught a Sunday School Class and tithed for a decade. I was baptized 'in the blood of the lamb'. The whole nine yards.
But like most groups we felt plumb special about ourselves and shared with each other. They were, for the most part, good people. I am still on a friendly basis with a few of them. Not everyone (xtian or nonxtian, it doesn't matter) can agree to disagree and still get along. They are still clinging to the hope of never dieing, they want the party to continue.....in short, they infuse reality with a big dose of the religious drug and are very happy that way.
All godbots have one thing in common, death denial. It's never been about god and if the god garbage did not contain the life after death nonsense, people would believe in god as often as they do aliens on Pluto.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3603 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
There is no non physical part of you,
I see.... So you claim to know more than mainstream neuroscience?

Tell me, how did you come to this conclusion?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3604 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to STFU or accept you are a typical theist, a liar.
Rude, crude, but expected.

But you didn't answer the question....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3605 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
All godbots have one thing in common, death denial. It's never been about god and if the god garbage did not contain the life after death nonsense, people would believe in god as often as they do aliens on Pluto.
Again you assert secret knowledge that there is no afterlife?

Either you're withholding information or you're lying. Which is it?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3606 Jan 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. God isn't imaginary.
2. God isn't a small being with magical powers.
Christians don't believe in an invisible sky fairy, you do. That's the only way your mind can comprehend what God is.
<quoted text>
What?!
What makes you so closed-minded to assume that spiritual phenomena governed by the same laws that govern natural phenomena?
We look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2nd Cor 4:18.
<quoted text>
Well, I can see that you've been manipulated enough to think that heaven is literally up & hell is literally down....
You're wrong.
Jesus didn't accend, He ascended... Much like a prince ascends to the kingship, which is not literally going up, Jesus ascended to heaven.
You have to stop thinking in such bookworm, literal ways. Ever hear of "climbing the corporate ladder"? If that were you, would you be disappointed if there was no actual ladder?
I don't consider it "close minded" to not accept something so farfetched as an alternate dimension. Especially since no evidence of such a dimension exists. Since the dawn of our species people have claimed to have see all sorts of "spiritual phenomena" Ghosts, goblins, Angels, Demons, have claimed to have talked to long dead relatives, to have contacted dead loved ones, and never, EVER over the course of thousands of years has any of these claims been proven. James Randy is still sitting on a Million dollars waiting for anyone to prove the spirit realm. Why would anyone assume that such a spirit realm is real, that it would be governed by laws different fro the natural laws? I guess you're free to make up anything you like, just don't expect those of us who revere our skepticism to not laugh behind our backs.

Ask 100 people where they think heaven is located, and why they feel this way. Every depiction of heaven invokes the sky. A burst of sunlight brilliantly fanned out from fluffy pink clouds, with the image of Jesus decending from the clouds. The paintings on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel show God floating amongst the clouds. The upward glance while praying, pointing to the sky when scoring a winning touchdown. It is not I but religion that has placed your heaven in the sky. It's a mote point to me as I know no such place exists.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3607 Jan 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do atheists do that?
Shut someone down for believing in something then fire back with their owns beliefs...
I have proof of reality, you have no proof whatsoever of supernatural entities (magic).

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3608 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's lying.
It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Well, that's one man's opinion and I'll agree he was a deep thinker. But I don't think our little theist considers himself unknowing.

The mind is not always as clear as we would like to think it is. We compartmentalize, we deny, we often act in contradictory ways. We are a product of nature and nurture, our experiences have shaped us for better or worse and it's difficult to escape them.

Many children are indoctrinated from the very beginning, it's sad but it's hard to be truly objective when it comes to oneself. JIMHO

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3609 Jan 18, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Pat

Granby, CT

#3610 Jan 19, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's one man's opinion and I'll agree he was a deep thinker. But I don't think our little theist considers himself unknowing.
The mind is not always as clear as we would like to think it is. We compartmentalize, we deny, we often act in contradictory ways. We are a product of nature and nurture, our experiences have shaped us for better or worse and it's difficult to escape them.
Many children are indoctrinated from the very beginning, it's sad but it's hard to be truly objective when it comes to oneself. JIMHO
So if you claim there are aliens on Pluto while having no knowledge that this is true are you a liar?

If you calim you have won the lottery prior to checking your ticket are you a liar?

I say yes.

I doubt very much RR is a child so that does not excuse him. He KNOWS he lacks evidence. he knows his beliefs REQUIRE faith.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3611 Jan 19, 2013
albtraum wrote:
I have proof of reality, you have no proof whatsoever of supernatural entities (magic).
You said:

"No he doesn't and there is no heaven or hell."

How do you know there is no heaven or hell?

Are you spouting your opinion or are you sharing fact?

If its fact, please supply your evidence.

If its opinion, admit it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3612 Jan 19, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
I don't consider it "close minded" to not accept something so farfetched as an alternate dimension. Especially since no evidence of such a dimension exists. Since the dawn of our species people have claimed to have see all sorts of "spiritual phenomena" Ghosts, goblins, Angels, Demons, have claimed to have talked to long dead relatives, to have contacted dead loved ones, and never, EVER over the course of thousands of years has any of these claims been proven. James Randy is still sitting on a Million dollars waiting for anyone to prove the spirit realm. Why would anyone assume that such a spirit realm is real, that it would be governed by laws different fro the natural laws? I guess you're free to make up anything you like, just don't expect those of us who revere our skepticism to not laugh behind our backs.
You just exquisitely defined what it is to be closed-minded.

"There's no proof, so I don't believe it can be real."
Ask 100 people where they think heaven is located, and why they feel this way. Every depiction of heaven invokes the sky. A burst of sunlight brilliantly fanned out from fluffy pink clouds, with the image of Jesus decending from the clouds. The paintings on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel show God floating amongst the clouds. The upward glance while praying, pointing to the sky when scoring a winning touchdown. It is not I but religion that has placed your heaven in the sky. It's a mote point to me as I know no such place exists.
LMAO!

You "know no such place is real"?

How?

Please demonstrate your closed-mindedness some more.....
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3613 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LMAO!
How?
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure."

“Nothing but the Truth”

Since: Jan 13

Olympia, WA

#3614 Jan 19, 2013
I am not bound by any certain ideology, and I have an open mind. You do not have to believe in a christian God to believe in miracles. I have just returned from 6 weeks in the Amazon Jungle where I used Ayahuaca, a sacred plant medicine with real healing properties, and I can tell you it was miraculous to shed the veil of BS no matter if only for a few hours and just as a general observation those living a natural life in the Amazon away from the churches and close to nature seemed a lot better off in every way then their Catholic counterparts in the cities.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3615 Jan 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LMAO!
How?
do you really believe that having an open mind means to accept the most bizarre things? Does it make it reasonable to believe that having a substance sprinkled on you will make it possible for you to suddenly defy the laws of gravity and be able to float off into outer-space? With no life support whatsoever? And this substance was sprinkled on you by a very small female with wings, apparently a fairy. Is it reasonable to have an open mind about "pixie dust?" I guess the keyword here is REASONABLE. Is this scenario like to be true? Is there any good reason to believe this claim? If I claimed such an event was true, would you not ask me for proof? And would I be foolish enough to turn around and ask you to prove that pixie dust cannot do as I described?
Pat

Granby, CT

#3616 Jan 19, 2013
Nothing sways the stupid more than an argument they can not understand. That's why the blanket excuse for all the obvious hypocrisy "god works in mysterious ways" is so eagerly accepted.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3617 Jan 19, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure."
Or the atheist way...

"Tell people that we are the accidental cause of life coming miraculously from non-life. No, we can't prove it, but it sure sounds better than an invisible sky fairy."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Dave Nelson 865,733
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min guest 600,141
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 6 min Great Day of Arma... 33,186
30+ ladies ka sex 11 min Aarav_dlycan 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Charlie Sheen 272,426
The Christian Atheist debate 19 min Rowan 2,052
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min janeebee 6,546
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 21 hr Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 22 hr andy 45
More from around the web