Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Manners?
Honor?
Respect?
Drive?!?
You paint with a very broad brush. Plese show us where to find your documentation of EACH college student you have interviewed on EVERY campus in this country.

Otherwise, I would just think you sound like a crochety old geezer who thumps his cane for emphasis when pronouncing such senile rantings.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

blazenyu wrote:
<quoted text>
Just cuz you can't explain it dont make it a miracle.
Actually - it does have an explanation. What happened to him can and does heal naturally, but it can take a while if one does not rest.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
Can you also prove that countries with legalized prostitution have the same/higher rape statistics that the US has....or child sex abuse? No, you can't.
Sure can. Top 50 per capita. America isn't on the list....

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_per...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Slippery Slope:
"In logic and critical thinking, a slippery slope is an informal fallacy. A slippery slope argument states that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant effect, much like an object given a small push over the edge of a slope sliding all the way to the bottom."
"The fallacious sense of "slippery slope" is often used synonymously with continuum fallacy, in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B. Modern usage avoids the fallacy by acknowledging the possibility of this middle ground."
Again, asked and answered.
WTF?

So the future of America is a slippery slope?

Silly athitard, just admit you can't answer the question.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
You paint with a very broad brush. Plese show us where to find your documentation of EACH college student you have interviewed on EVERY campus in this country.
Otherwise, I would just think you sound like a crochety old geezer who thumps his cane for emphasis when pronouncing such senile rantings.
Hey, nice dodge!

Just erase everything I said & pretend it didn't happen.....

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape statistics, as with all other crime-related statistics, are a very, VERY complex issue. America is likely not on that list because we actually have pretty good law enforcement. Not because of anything to do with prostitution. You'll notice that the countries with high rape statistics are also rated highly in crime rates, so this is a much more likely factor.

On the other hand, studies have been done on rape and prostitution. http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_per...

Abstract: In this paper I examine the hypothesis that the frequency of rape is increased when another source of sex (prostitution) is limited or unavailable. To test this theory I regressed the rape rate in available OECD countries against a proxy for the availability of prostitution. The relationship was found to be anti-correlated at about the 90% confidence level. Using this model, it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25% for a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year.

Of course - it is a loosely studied topic, and a very complex one at that. But 90% confidence is nothing to scoff at over something such as this.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Manners? They don't have any manners, not at least like with kids used to have. Kids used to call adults "ma'am" and "sir", nowadays they just call adults "a**hole".
Honor? These kids today don't have any honor, they don't even know what it is. Which is why they're sending sexual text messages and nine years old.
Respect? Only for themselves.
Drive?!? Remember the good old days when kids used to grow up at 18 and move out of their parents house? Remember we kids used to go to college to actually learn? These kids nowadays want to live with mommy and daddy til there, like 40 years old. They have no responsibility, and they definitely have no drive.
Yea, they better get to work to pay that 16 trillion dollar debt. Oh well, their no good for nothing so pay it yourself.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

blazenyu wrote:
<quoted text>
Just cuz you can't explain it dont make it a miracle.
why ? can a miracle be explained ? no way Jose !! nobody can, and that is the reason why it is called a miracle !!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You can't even use your own website. This IS rich. Let's look at Norway compared to the US for instance, shall we?

Norway 9th in Crime
USA 1st in Crime

Norway 104th in Incarcerated Citizens
USA 1st in Incarcerated Citizens

Norway 27th in Total Crime
USA 1st in Total Crime

Norway .203 per capita rapes
Germany .089 per capita rapes
USA .400 per capita rapes

Did you know that in Norway, giving someone an STD can be counted as 'grevious bodily harm' and prosecuted as rape?

Did you know that in Sweden 'forcible' rape can consist of overbearing persuasive tactics?

Did you know that in the USA only forcible rapes of females can be counted as rape?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, nice dodge!
Just erase everything I said & pretend it didn't happen.....
You wish, liar.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
why ? can a miracle be explained ? no way Jose !! nobody can, and that is the reason why it is called a miracle !!
Christians "explain" so-called miracles all the time.
They say "goddidit."

Which means..."I am not intelligent enough to figure out how this really happened and I don't really want to... because I'd rather believe an invisible imaginary superbeing loves me so much that it changed the laws of Nature just for little old me."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You can't even use your own website. This IS rich. Let's look at Norway compared to the US for instance, shall we?
Norway 9th in Crime
USA 1st in Crime
Norway 104th in Incarcerated Citizens
USA 1st in Incarcerated Citizens
Norway 27th in Total Crime
USA 1st in Total Crime
Norway .203 per capita rapes
Germany .089 per capita rapes
USA .400 per capita rapes
You like that, huh? Hey, I showed you where I got my stats, yours are all just made up.

Oh, here's another. Top 50 murder countries per capita. America's not on this list either. Norway is.

http://www.NationMaster.com/graph/cri_mur_per...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish, liar.
Oh ya? Then why don't you actually try a refute?

Here, again:

Manners? They don't have any manners, not at least like with kids used to have. Kids used to call adults "ma'am" and "sir", nowadays they just call adults "a**hole".

Honor? These kids today don't have any honor, they don't even know what it is. Which is why they're sending sexual text messages and nine years old.

Drive?!? Remember the good old days when kids used to grow up at 18 and move out of their parents house? Remember we kids used to go to college to actually learn? These kids nowadays want to live with mommy and daddy til there, like 40 years old. They have no responsibility, and they definitely have no drive.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You like that, huh? Hey, I showed you where I got my stats, yours are all just made up.
Oh, here's another. Top 50 murder countries per capita. America's not on this list either. Norway is.
http://www.NationMaster.com/graph/cri_mur_per...
I used YOUR site, in the upper right hand you can 'compare' any two countries. Browse through the categories and go to different pages....don't just skim, learn something for a change;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya? Then why don't you actually try a refute?
Here, again:
Asked and answered.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

A miracle is an event described by those to whom it was told by people who did not see it.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
You explain the miracle to me and I'll explain it, that simple. A recent miracle, not the biblical bullshit were Jesus walks on water and turns a fish and a loaf of bread into hundreds. That's all myth just like almost everything else in the bible. Show me a recent miracle and I'll explain it to you..........ready....set..... ....GO!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great. Lets be like Norway, Sweden, Iceland, New Zealand, or Denmark...
Unknown, weak, 3rd world countries...
Is that what you want?
No freedom?
So you believe that all of those countries are NOT free? They have NO freedom? really? Were did you dig up that?

I think less crime is a real good idea, don't you? I think and solid education system is a good idea, don't you? I think less domestic violence is a really good idea, no? Their societies are prosperous, per capita income is good, whats in your opinion makes them "weak?"
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How many young people are you in contact with on a weekly basis? How many have you talked at length to? Generalizing the behavior of young people is no different from generalizing about any age group. I am in contact with well over a hundred college age students every day. Each semester I see new students, three semesters a year, thats a lot of young people. Most of the ones with attitude are European, Germany mostly. The kids from the U.S for the most part are awesome. Very respectful, polite, and passionate about what they want to accomplish. You should quite judging young people by those you see at McDonalds, and the pizza houses around town.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You answer was "slippery slope argument"??
Try again.
So what is the future of America going to look like if we totally reject the principles that this nation was founded on?
The Nation was not founded on the principals of religion. The founding fathers went to great lengths to separate religion from the governing bodies. Thats why you can't teach creationism in public schools, and why, try as you might, the teaching of the bible are forbidden. No prayer in school, and no mention of the 10 commandments.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,321 - 3,340 of5,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

386 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
38pc of Americans doubt Barack Obama was born i... 4 min caesar- 13
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Chess 532,264
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 5 min Life is Precious 221,372
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessarily so 719,919
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Buck Crick 223,980
Any gay High school girls in Costa Mesa? 12 min Melanie Tribtastic 1
apni maa ko chodkar kesa laga (Sep '13) 29 min chut ka raza 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min AussieBobby 256,341
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr RATTYslayer 114,939
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••