God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3521 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You like that, huh? Hey, I showed you where I got my stats, yours are all just made up.
Oh, here's another. Top 50 murder countries per capita. America's not on this list either. Norway is.
http://www.NationMaster.com/graph/cri_mur_per...
I used YOUR site, in the upper right hand you can 'compare' any two countries. Browse through the categories and go to different pages....don't just skim, learn something for a change;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3522 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya? Then why don't you actually try a refute?
Here, again:
Manners? They don't have any manners, not at least like with kids used to have. Kids used to call adults "ma'am" and "sir", nowadays they just call adults "a**hole".
Honor? These kids today don't have any honor, they don't even know what it is. Which is why they're sending sexual text messages and nine years old.
Respect? Only for themselves.
Drive?!? Remember the good old days when kids used to grow up at 18 and move out of their parents house? Remember we kids used to go to college to actually learn? These kids nowadays want to live with mommy and daddy til there, like 40 years old. They have no responsibility, and they definitely have no drive.
Asked and answered.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3523 Jan 14, 2013
A miracle is an event described by those to whom it was told by people who did not see it.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3524 Jan 14, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
why ? can a miracle be explained ? no way Jose !! nobody can, and that is the reason why it is called a miracle !!
You explain the miracle to me and I'll explain it, that simple. A recent miracle, not the biblical bullshit were Jesus walks on water and turns a fish and a loaf of bread into hundreds. That's all myth just like almost everything else in the bible. Show me a recent miracle and I'll explain it to you..........ready....set..... ....GO!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3525 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great. Lets be like Norway, Sweden, Iceland, New Zealand, or Denmark...
Unknown, weak, 3rd world countries...
Is that what you want?
No freedom?
So you believe that all of those countries are NOT free? They have NO freedom? really? Were did you dig up that?

I think less crime is a real good idea, don't you? I think and solid education system is a good idea, don't you? I think less domestic violence is a really good idea, no? Their societies are prosperous, per capita income is good, whats in your opinion makes them "weak?"
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3526 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Manners? They don't have any manners, not at least like with kids used to have. Kids used to call adults "ma'am" and "sir", nowadays they just call adults "a**hole".
Honor? These kids today don't have any honor, they don't even know what it is. Which is why they're sending sexual text messages and nine years old.
Respect? Only for themselves.
Drive?!? Remember the good old days when kids used to grow up at 18 and move out of their parents house? Remember we kids used to go to college to actually learn? These kids nowadays want to live with mommy and daddy til there, like 40 years old. They have no responsibility, and they definitely have no drive.
How many young people are you in contact with on a weekly basis? How many have you talked at length to? Generalizing the behavior of young people is no different from generalizing about any age group. I am in contact with well over a hundred college age students every day. Each semester I see new students, three semesters a year, thats a lot of young people. Most of the ones with attitude are European, Germany mostly. The kids from the U.S for the most part are awesome. Very respectful, polite, and passionate about what they want to accomplish. You should quite judging young people by those you see at McDonalds, and the pizza houses around town.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3527 Jan 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You answer was "slippery slope argument"??
Try again.
So what is the future of America going to look like if we totally reject the principles that this nation was founded on?
The Nation was not founded on the principals of religion. The founding fathers went to great lengths to separate religion from the governing bodies. Thats why you can't teach creationism in public schools, and why, try as you might, the teaching of the bible are forbidden. No prayer in school, and no mention of the 10 commandments.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3528 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Is that what you want?
No freedom?
blacklagoon wrote:
So you believe that all of those countries are NOT free? They have NO freedom? really? Were did you dig up that?
I think less crime is a real good idea, don't you? I think and solid education system is a good idea, don't you? I think less domestic violence is a really good idea, no? Their societies are prosperous, per capita income is good, whats in your opinion makes them "weak?"
Are you sure that "per capita income is good"?

Care to argue about the numbers?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3529 Jan 15, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>The Nation was not founded on the principals of religion. The founding fathers went to great lengths to separate religion from the governing bodies. Thats why you can't teach creationism in public schools, and why, try as you might, the teaching of the bible are forbidden. No prayer in school, and no mention of the 10 commandments.
The founding of this country was most definitely founded on the principles of Christianity.

Not teaching creation or not praying in schools is a new thing.

You know Congress used to meet in a church?

hmmm
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3530 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Is that what you want?
No freedom?
<quoted text>
care to comment on the fact that none of these countries have FREEDOM?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3531 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The founding of this country was most definitely founded on the principles of Christianity.
hmmm
Hmmmmm!!!

Many Religious Right activists have attempted to rewrite history by asserting that the United States government derived from Christian foundations, that our Founding Fathers originally aimed for a Christian nation. This idea simply does not hold to the historical evidence.

Of course many Americans did practice Christianity, but so also did many believe in deistic philosophy. Indeed, most of our influential Founding Fathers, although they respected the rights of other religionists, held to deism and Freemasonry tenets rather than to Christianity.

The U.S. Constitution

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being.(For those who think the date of the Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.) The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.

Although the Constitution does not include the phrase "Separation of Church & State," neither does it say "Freedom of religion." However, the Constitution implies both in the 1st Amendment. As to our freedoms, the 1st Amendment provides exclusionary wording:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.[bold caps, mine]

Thomas Jefferson made an interpretation of the 1st Amendment to his January 1st, 1802 letter to the Committee of the Danbury Baptist Association calling it a "wall of separation between church and State." Madison had also written that "Strongly guarded... is the separation between religion and government in the Constitution of the United States." There existed little controversy about this interpretation from our Founding Fathers.

Although many secular and atheist groups today support and fight for the wall of separation, this does not mean that they wish to lawfully eliminate religion from society. On the contrary, you will find no secular or atheist group attempting to ban Christianity, or any other religion from American society. Keeping religion separate allows atheists and religionists alike, to practice their belief systems, regardless how ridiculous they may seem, without government intervention.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#3532 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm
Complete bull dung.

May it [the Declaration of Independence] be to the world, what I believe it will be,(to some parts sooner, to others later, but finally to all,) the signal of arousing men to burst the chains under which monkish ignorance and superstition had persuaded them to bind themselves, and to assume the blessings and security of self-government. Thomas Jefferson, letter to Roger C Weightman, June 24, 1826

It is contended by many that ours is a Christian government, founded upon the Bible, and that all who look upon the book as false or foolish are destroying the foundation of our country. The truth is, our government is not founded upon the rights of gods, but upon the rights of men. Our Constitution was framed, not to declare and uphold the deity of Christ, but the sacredness of humanity. Ours is the first government made by the people and for the people. It is the only nation with which the gods have had nothing to do. And yet there are some judges dishonest and cowardly enough to solemnly decide that this is a Christian country, and that our free institutions are based upon the infamous laws of Jehovah.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Individuality" (1873)

Our civilization is not Christian. It does not come from the skies. It is not a result of "inspiration." It is the child of invention, of discovery, of applied knowledge -- that is to say, of science. When man becomes great and grand enough to admit that all have equal rights; when thought is untrammeled; when worship shall consist in doing useful things; when religion means the discharge of obligations to our fellow-men, then, and not until then, will the world be civilized.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Reply To The Indianapolis Clergy" The Iconoclast, Indianapolis, Indiana (1882)

Our principles are founded on the immovable basis of equal right and reason.
-- Thomas Jefferson, to James Sullivan, 1797. ME 9:379
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3533 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm
Hmmmm once again!!!

Second, and perhaps most conclusive of all, is a treaty the United States entered into in 1796 (and ratified in 1797), just ten year after the Constitution was adopted. John Adams–one of the founders–was president, and he asked the Senate to ratify the Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli of Barbary, commonly known as the Treaty of Tripoli. This treaty (which, according to the Constitution, is part of the “supreme law of the land,”) states in Article XI:

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.(emphasis added)

This is pretty powerful, if you think about it: President John Adams and one of the earliest Congresses stated explicitly–in a treaty available for the entire world to see–that the government was not “in any sense” founded on Christianity. This treaty was ratified unanimously by the Senate. Not one single Senator objected to this statement. The absence of dissent seems pretty conclusive that the founders of our nation did not create the U.S. based upon Christian or Judaic principles.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3534 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Is that what you want?
No freedom?
<quoted text>
It would appear, according to The World Bank figures, that the Atheistic country of Norway outreaches the U.S. in per capita income U.S.........48,112....Norway.. .....60,402.

Now tell me about how Norway has NO freedom. You might want to back up your statement with Sweden, Iceland, New Zealand, and Denmark also having no freedom. Thanks!!!!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3535 Jan 15, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It would appear, according to The World Bank figures, that the Atheistic country of Norway outreaches the U.S. in per capita income U.S.........48,112....Norway.. .....60,402.
It appears you missed your homework.

GDP Norway =$213,600,000,000
GDP USA =$13,060,000,000,000

Gross national income = Norway =$161,000,000,000
America =$9,780,000,000,000

For business efficiency, America is #1 in the world.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3536 Jan 15, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>care to comment on the fact that none of these countries have FREEDOM?
Norway, Sweden, New Zealand & Denmark are all monarchy.

I did not mean "no" freedom. I concede that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3537 Jan 15, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm once again!!!
Second, and perhaps most conclusive of all, is a treaty the United States entered into in 1796 (and ratified in 1797), just ten year after the Constitution was adopted. John Adams–one of the founders–was president, and he asked the Senate to ratify the Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli of Barbary, commonly known as the Treaty of Tripoli. This treaty (which, according to the Constitution, is part of the “supreme law of the land,”) states in Article XI:
Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.(emphasis added)
This is pretty powerful, if you think about it: President John Adams and one of the earliest Congresses stated explicitly–in a treaty available for the entire world to see–that the government was not “in any sense” founded on Christianity. This treaty was ratified unanimously by the Senate. Not one single Senator objected to this statement. The absence of dissent seems pretty conclusive that the founders of our nation did not create the U.S. based upon Christian or Judaic principles.
Nice copy/paste. But do you even understand the purpose of the Treaty of Tripoli?

Do you know it was rescinded a few years later?

I doubt it.

Atheists always try that little decoy, thinking it the WOW post that they need.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3538 Jan 15, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Indeed, most of our influential Founding Fathers, although they respected the rights of other religionists, held to deism and Freemasonry tenets rather than to Christianity.
Where did you get that lie?

"Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons). Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England, eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founding_Fathers_of_the...

Stop reading your athiest propaganda websites, they're distorting your mind & your memory of history.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3539 Jan 15, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It would appear, according to The World Bank figures, that the Atheistic country of Norway outreaches the U.S. in per capita income U.S.........48,112....Norway.. .....60,402.
You are either ignorant, lying or being intellectually dishonest.

This per capita number you're quoting is NOT per capita income, but per capita GDP.

Probably higher in Norway because of their rich oil & gold resources & minimal population.

Gross Domestic Product per capita at nominal values: The value of all final goods and services produced within a nation in a given year, converted to U.S. dollars, divided by the average population.

en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_countries_by_GDP... (nominal)_per_capita
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#3540 Jan 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you missed your homework.
GDP Norway =$213,600,000,000
GDP USA =$13,060,000,000,000
Gross national income = Norway =$161,000,000,000
America =$9,780,000,000,000
For business efficiency, America is #1 in the world.
Year after year, Norway is recognized as having the highest standard of living of any country. Look it up for yourself. Also wish you'd give up your "America #1 in everything" bullshit. It's juvenile, old, and no longer true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 49 min River Tam 41,704
our STORE is starting on politics 1 hr zack LE hack 2
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 2 hr Johnny 12
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 560
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 3 hr Paul is dead 103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr another viewer 989,717
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Johnny 122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr JesusWasNOTaJew G... 690,355
More from around the web