God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3500 Jan 13, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are talking about countries where prostitution is legal. how low can you be ? you have no sense of morality. you are a Godless, immoral, evil person. i am thankful that i believe in God and his Ten Commandments and i am a proud civilized law abiding member of society.
Do you think prostitution does not exist in the US? If that were true you might very well have a point.

Men are going to seek prostitutes, that's a given. Should they seek a women who has regular medical checkups and a safe environment (for both) or a diseased, crack addict with a violent pimp?

Can you also prove that countries with legalized prostitution have the same/higher rape statistics that the US has....or child sex abuse? No, you can't.

Does not your bible say that it is better to spill your seed in a prostitute than spill it on the ground?

Believe it or not, people of countries that have legalized prostitution are "proud, civilized, law abiding members of society."

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3501 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And...?
Interesting that you have no counter-argument.
First of all, you have to present an actual argument. What you think might happen and what might follow is all a product of your dirty little mind.

Don't give me what-if's, try to put some meat on the plate.

Your question was asked and answered.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3502 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Admiral?
You find it an admiral trait that these kids have no manners, no honor, no respect, no drive?
These kids have manners, honor, respect and drive aplenty. What they do not have is the yoke of your superstitious myths around their necks.

Quit projecting your own flaws on others.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3503 Jan 13, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, you have to present an actual argument. What you think might happen and what might follow is all a product of your dirty little mind.
Don't give me what-if's, try to put some meat on the plate.
Your question was asked and answered.
You answer was "slippery slope argument"??

Try again.

So what is the future of America going to look like if we totally reject the principles that this nation was founded on?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3504 Jan 13, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
These kids have manners, honor, respect and drive aplenty. What they do not have is the yoke of your superstitious myths around their necks.
Quit projecting your own flaws on others.
Manners? They don't have any manners, not at least like with kids used to have. Kids used to call adults "ma'am" and "sir", nowadays they just call adults "a**hole".

Honor? These kids today don't have any honor, they don't even know what it is. Which is why they're sending sexual text messages and nine years old.

Respect? Only for themselves.

Drive?!? Remember the good old days when kids used to grow up at 18 and move out of their parents house? Remember we kids used to go to college to actually learn? These kids nowadays want to live with mommy and daddy til there, like 40 years old. They have no responsibility, and they definitely have no drive.
Tony

Huntington Beach, CA

#3505 Jan 13, 2013
Daily Bible Verse

==========

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

– Galatians 6:9 (NIV)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3506 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You answer was "slippery slope argument"??
Try again.
So what is the future of America going to look like if we totally reject the principles that this nation was founded on?
Again, Slippery Slope:

"In logic and critical thinking, a slippery slope is an informal fallacy. A slippery slope argument states that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant effect, much like an object given a small push over the edge of a slope sliding all the way to the bottom."

"The fallacious sense of "slippery slope" is often used synonymously with continuum fallacy, in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B. Modern usage avoids the fallacy by acknowledging the possibility of this middle ground."

Again, asked and answered.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3507 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Manners?
Honor?
Respect?
Drive?!?
You paint with a very broad brush. Plese show us where to find your documentation of EACH college student you have interviewed on EVERY campus in this country.

Otherwise, I would just think you sound like a crochety old geezer who thumps his cane for emphasis when pronouncing such senile rantings.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3508 Jan 13, 2013
blazenyu wrote:
<quoted text>
Just cuz you can't explain it dont make it a miracle.
Actually - it does have an explanation. What happened to him can and does heal naturally, but it can take a while if one does not rest.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3509 Jan 13, 2013
albtraum wrote:
Can you also prove that countries with legalized prostitution have the same/higher rape statistics that the US has....or child sex abuse? No, you can't.
Sure can. Top 50 per capita. America isn't on the list....

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_per...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3510 Jan 13, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, Slippery Slope:
"In logic and critical thinking, a slippery slope is an informal fallacy. A slippery slope argument states that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant effect, much like an object given a small push over the edge of a slope sliding all the way to the bottom."
"The fallacious sense of "slippery slope" is often used synonymously with continuum fallacy, in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B. Modern usage avoids the fallacy by acknowledging the possibility of this middle ground."
Again, asked and answered.
WTF?

So the future of America is a slippery slope?

Silly athitard, just admit you can't answer the question.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3511 Jan 13, 2013
albtraum wrote:
You paint with a very broad brush. Plese show us where to find your documentation of EACH college student you have interviewed on EVERY campus in this country.
Otherwise, I would just think you sound like a crochety old geezer who thumps his cane for emphasis when pronouncing such senile rantings.
Hey, nice dodge!

Just erase everything I said & pretend it didn't happen.....

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3512 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape statistics, as with all other crime-related statistics, are a very, VERY complex issue. America is likely not on that list because we actually have pretty good law enforcement. Not because of anything to do with prostitution. You'll notice that the countries with high rape statistics are also rated highly in crime rates, so this is a much more likely factor.

On the other hand, studies have been done on rape and prostitution. http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_per...

Abstract: In this paper I examine the hypothesis that the frequency of rape is increased when another source of sex (prostitution) is limited or unavailable. To test this theory I regressed the rape rate in available OECD countries against a proxy for the availability of prostitution. The relationship was found to be anti-correlated at about the 90% confidence level. Using this model, it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25% for a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year.

Of course - it is a loosely studied topic, and a very complex one at that. But 90% confidence is nothing to scoff at over something such as this.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#3513 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Manners? They don't have any manners, not at least like with kids used to have. Kids used to call adults "ma'am" and "sir", nowadays they just call adults "a**hole".
Honor? These kids today don't have any honor, they don't even know what it is. Which is why they're sending sexual text messages and nine years old.
Drive?!? Remember the good old days when kids used to grow up at 18 and move out of their parents house? Remember we kids used to go to college to actually learn? These kids nowadays want to live with mommy and daddy til there, like 40 years old. They have no responsibility, and they definitely have no drive.
Yea, they better get to work to pay that 16 trillion dollar debt. Oh well, their no good for nothing so pay it yourself.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#3514 Jan 13, 2013
blazenyu wrote:
<quoted text>
Just cuz you can't explain it dont make it a miracle.
why ? can a miracle be explained ? no way Jose !! nobody can, and that is the reason why it is called a miracle !!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3515 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You can't even use your own website. This IS rich. Let's look at Norway compared to the US for instance, shall we?

Norway 9th in Crime
USA 1st in Crime

Norway 104th in Incarcerated Citizens
USA 1st in Incarcerated Citizens

Norway 27th in Total Crime
USA 1st in Total Crime

Norway .203 per capita rapes
Germany .089 per capita rapes
USA .400 per capita rapes

Did you know that in Norway, giving someone an STD can be counted as 'grevious bodily harm' and prosecuted as rape?

Did you know that in Sweden 'forcible' rape can consist of overbearing persuasive tactics?

Did you know that in the USA only forcible rapes of females can be counted as rape?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3516 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, nice dodge!
Just erase everything I said & pretend it didn't happen.....
You wish, liar.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#3517 Jan 14, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
why ? can a miracle be explained ? no way Jose !! nobody can, and that is the reason why it is called a miracle !!
Christians "explain" so-called miracles all the time.
They say "goddidit."

Which means..."I am not intelligent enough to figure out how this really happened and I don't really want to... because I'd rather believe an invisible imaginary superbeing loves me so much that it changed the laws of Nature just for little old me."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3519 Jan 14, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You can't even use your own website. This IS rich. Let's look at Norway compared to the US for instance, shall we?
Norway 9th in Crime
USA 1st in Crime
Norway 104th in Incarcerated Citizens
USA 1st in Incarcerated Citizens
Norway 27th in Total Crime
USA 1st in Total Crime
Norway .203 per capita rapes
Germany .089 per capita rapes
USA .400 per capita rapes
You like that, huh? Hey, I showed you where I got my stats, yours are all just made up.

Oh, here's another. Top 50 murder countries per capita. America's not on this list either. Norway is.

http://www.NationMaster.com/graph/cri_mur_per...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3520 Jan 14, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish, liar.
Oh ya? Then why don't you actually try a refute?

Here, again:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Shadowman 71,800
Black/White mindsets, relations, and fears in A... 11 min Johnny 2
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 15 min Johnny 131
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Big Al 995,077
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min Wisdom of Ages 699,452
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Big Al 447,425
How to help others save MONEY 3 hr Am I rght 4