“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#3470 Jan 12, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, that only means that some younger generations are not embracing Christiany. they have not been real Christians from the beginning. that means there has been no departure or mass exodus. the true Christians are still Christians. if you are not a real Christians you can not depart from Christianity.
Yes, "real" Christians DIE every day...and are not being replaced by younger ones.
Face it, your numbers are decreasing.

Someday belief in imaginary parental figures/friends will be a thing of the past and Sanity will rule.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#3472 Jan 12, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, "real" Christians DIE every day...and are not being replaced by younger ones.
Someday belief in imaginary parental figures/friends will be a thing of the past and Sanity will rule.
Christians are not as horny as the Muslims. Muslims even rape my arse.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#3473 Jan 12, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
two words

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GNKcJP7dZ6A/SOHLnWi...
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3474 Jan 12, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, that only means that some younger generations are not embracing Christiany. they have not been real Christians from the beginning. that means there has been no departure or mass exodus. the true Christians are still Christians. if you are not a real Christians you can not depart from Christianity.
No, it means that younger people refuse to buy into the ridiculous scare tactics of Christianity. They look at the premiss behind Christianity and realize how truly insane the doctrine really is. There may be a lot wrong with the younger generation, but I give them credit for seeing the pathetic belief that Christianity really is, and rejecting it.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3475 Jan 12, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
Ahhh, the "prince of peace" the humble teacher of humility and love, the mild one who preached "love thy neighbor" and is the heart of the Christian doctrine.........Yeah, this is a much better depiction of what he really was. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3476 Jan 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, the "prince of peace" the humble teacher of humility and love, the mild one who preached "love thy neighbor" and is the heart of the Christian doctrine.........Yeah, this is a much better depiction of what he really was. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
Ummmm....this is his example of 'true xtianity'??? Yes, he's closer than he realizes.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3477 Jan 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
How Will The Shocking Decline Of Christianity In America Affect The Future Of This Nation?
By Michael, on January 18th, 2012
Is Christianity in decline in America? When you examine the cold, hard numbers it is simply not possible to come to any other conclusion. Over the past few decades, the percentage of Christians in America has been steadily declining. This has especially been true among young people. As you will see later in this article, there has been a mass exodus of teens and young adults out of U.S. churches. In addition, what “Christianity” means to American Christians today is often far different from what “Christianity” meant to their parents and their grandparents. Millions upon millions of Christians in the United States simply do not believe many of the fundamental principles of the Christian faith any longer. Without a doubt, America is becoming a less “Christian” nation. This has staggering implications for the future of this country. The United States was founded primarily by Christians that were seeking to escape religious persecution. For those early settlers, the Christian faith was the very center of their lives, and it deeply affected the laws that they made and the governmental structures that they established. So what is the future of America going to look like if we totally reject the principles that this nation was founded on?
So the kids don't believe (according to your post).

Why is that?

And how about answering the last question.

So what is the future of America going to look like if we totally reject the principles that this nation was founded on?

You may not like the answer....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3478 Jan 12, 2013
albtraum wrote:
2. Many people do.....I nearly laughed my arse off at a preacher who was ranting about long hair and beards....guess which picture of a long haired, bearded hippie type was on the wall right behind him?
Ringo?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3479 Jan 12, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Sanity?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3480 Jan 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, it means that younger people refuse to buy into the ridiculous scare tactics of Christianity. They look at the premiss behind Christianity and realize how truly insane the doctrine really is. There may be a lot wrong with the younger generation, but I give them credit for seeing the pathetic belief that Christianity really is, and rejecting it.
I think one of the biggest problems with the younger generation is that the majority of them don't believe in Jesus.

That's why they have no morals anymore. That's why teen pregnancy is higher than ever. That's why teen suicide is higher than ever. That's why there are more "gays" now than ever.

There IS a correlation between kids today & kids a few generations ago and their attitudes.

It's not looking good.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3481 Jan 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
So what is the future of America going to look like if we totally reject the principles that this nation was founded on?
Slippery slope argument....frickin' Epic Fail;0)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#3482 Jan 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think one of the biggest problems with the younger generation is that the majority of them don't believe in Jesus.
That's why they have no morals anymore. That's why teen pregnancy is higher than ever. That's why teen suicide is higher than ever. That's why there are more "gays" now than ever.
There IS a correlation between kids today & kids a few generations ago and their attitudes.
It's not looking good.
You are wrong on all counts, all of the time. It must be tiresome for you.

It certainly is for the rest of us.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3483 Jan 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
Here are the principals that this Nation was founded on. I know it's not what you'r driving at, but these are the six principals.

Somehow you want your God in there, buts he's not. Yes there is the mention of a creator, but that could apply to anyones belief in a creator. Someone might take it to mean and advances race of Aliens. Someone else could see the creator as Shiva, or any number of creator Gods. You don't have the sole claim for a creator God.

The Constitution begins with an introduction, called the preamble. The rest of the document is split up into sections called articles. The first three articles talk about the three branches of government: judicial, legislative, and executive. Article IV talks about the relationship between the state and the national government. Article V talks about the process in which new amendments are to be made. Article VI talks about how the constitution is the ultimate law and Article VII talks about the ratification of the Constitution.

The Basic Principles

The Constitution is built upon the following six basic principles:

1. Popular Sovereignty

2. Limited Government

3. Separation of Powers

4. Checks and Balances

5. Judicial Review

6. Federalism
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3484 Jan 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
If you're asking what the future of America might be without a belief in God, then the answer is, our country may very well look a lot like Norway, Sweden, Iceland, New Zealand, or Denmark, all considered to be Atheistic countries. All have much lower crime rates than the U.S. Better education, less domestic violence. Compared to these countries American teens are 70% more likely to contract ATD. So it seems the further we move away from God the better off we are. Here hoping the trend among our young continues.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3485 Jan 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
Why don't kids believe? I am in contact with a great many young people, college age. It would seem that they, unlike a few generation ago, want a rational and logical foundation for their beliefs. They are resistant to accepting something simply because an adult says so. They want something substantial, not "believe it because I say so." It's a very admiral stance on their part.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#3486 Jan 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>If you're asking what the future of America might be without a belief in God, then the answer is, our country may very well look a lot like Norway, Sweden, Iceland, New Zealand, or Denmark, all considered to be Atheistic countries. All have much lower crime rates than the U.S. Better education, less domestic violence. Compared to these countries American teens are 70% more likely to contract ATD. So it seems the further we move away from God the better off we are. Here hoping the trend among our young continues.
you are talking about countries where prostitution is legal. how low can you be ? you have no sense of morality. you are a Godless, immoral, evil person. i am thankful that i believe in God and his Ten Commandments and i am a proud civilized law abiding member of society.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3487 Jan 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not looking good.
Compare the United States to the Atheistic countries like Norway, Sweden, New Zealand, Denmark, and Finland, tell me what you see!!!

Crime Statistics > Total crimes (most recent) by country

VIEW DATA: Totals
Definition Source Printable version
Bar Graph Pie Chart Map

Showing latest available data.
Rank Countries Amount
# 1 United States: 11,877,218
# 2 United Kingdom: 6,523,706
# 3 Germany: 6,507,394
# 4 France: 3,771,850
# 5 Russia: 2,952,370
# 6 Japan: 2,853,739
# 7 South Africa: 2,683,849
# 8 Canada: 2,516,918
# 9 Italy: 2,231,550
# 10 India: 1,764,630
# 11 Korea, South: 1,543,220
# 12 Mexico: 1,516,029
# 13 Netherlands: 1,422,863
# 14 Poland: 1,404,229
# 15 Argentina: 1,340,529
# 16 Sweden: 1,234,784
# 17 Belgium: 973,548
# 18 Spain: 923,271
# 19 Chile: 593,997
# 20 Thailand: 565,108
# 21 Ukraine: 553,594
# 22 Austria: 552,411
# 23 Finland: 520,194
# 24 Denmark: 491,026
# 25 New Zealand: 427,230
# 26 Hungary: 420,782
# 27 Czech Republic: 372,341
# 28 Zimbabwe: 351,153
# 29 Norway: 330,071
# 30 Romania: 312,204
# 31 Switzerland: 307,631
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3488 Jan 12, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are talking about countries where prostitution is legal. how low can you be ? you have no sense of morality. you are a Godless, immoral, evil person. i am thankful that i believe in God and his Ten Commandments and i am a proud civilized law abiding member of society.
Consenting adult engaging in sex, whats the problem? The women are disease free, the men free to choose to have sex or not, whats the problem? I have a very high sense of morality, I haven't killed anyone lately, can your God say the same? I have never murdered little babies like your God, nor have I engaged in Genocide like your God. I'm actually more moral than the demon God you worship.

I am also a proud law abiding citizen of our society, and I don't even need the 10 commandments or a belief in a myth to be such.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#3489 Jan 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Sanity?
As I thought, you are not familiar with it.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#3491 Jan 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, the "prince of peace" the humble teacher of humility and love, the mild one who preached "love thy neighbor" and is the heart of the Christian doctrine.........Yeah, this is a much better depiction of what he really was. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChristineM 828,659
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min confrinting with ... 584,382
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 min waaasssuuup 442,877
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min dollarsbill 3,554
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 43 min Neelakaran 6,300
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 1 hr Naveen2015 1,918
Israel End is Near 1 hr Someone 66
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr AntiqueAnnie 611,869
More from around the web