“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3357 Jan 3, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
You're missing the fundamental difference between my mother and God. My mother EXISTS, and I can prove she does.
I can prove that love exists, because we know what causes love: chemical reactions in the brain. Once again - no God needed. It's just not something I have the capability to prove to someone over the internet.
lol, nobody's saying your mother doesn't exist.

I think your love for your mother doesn't exist.

Prove me wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3359 Jan 3, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
Evolution is fact. Go read a few biology books.
Which ones and for what purpose?
It is possible that God created us with the evolution gene - however, the Bible makes no mention of it. You are just speculating.
Don't you find it strange that Creation in Genesis 1 follows evolution so closely?
Leviticus 11:13-19 "And these you shall detest among the birds; they shall not be eaten; they are detestable: the eagle, the bearded vulture, the black vulture, the kite, the falcon of any kind, every raven of any kind, the ostrich, the nighthawk, the sea gull, the hawk of any kind, the little owl, the cormorant, the short-eared owl, the barn owl, the tawny owl, the carrion vulture, the stork, the heron of any kind, the hoopoe, and the bat. "
At the time this was written, bats were designated as birds....
Cud is slightly digested food which is regurgitated and swallowed a second time. Rabbits do not do this.
Yes they do.
Reflection is completely different from shining.
The moon reflects light.
The moon shines light.

Both sentences are true.
1 Samuel 2:8 "For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, And He has set the world upon them," Job 38:4 "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding," Job 38:6 "Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof?"
LMAO! Never heard of figures of speech huh? Ever had a relationship based on the foundation of trust?

Silly athitard, you're raching.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3360 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which ones and for what purpose?
<quoted text>
Don't you find it strange that Creation in Genesis 1 follows evolution so closely?
<quoted text>
At the time this was written, bats were designated as birds....
<quoted text>
Yes they do.
<quoted text>
The moon reflects light.
The moon shines light.
Both sentences are true.
<quoted text>
LMAO! Never heard of figures of speech huh? Ever had a relationship based on the foundation of trust?
Silly athitard, you're raching.
Cud is food regurgitated into the mouth which is redigested for nutrients. Your Creationist websites are lying to you - rabbits do not chew cud. Rabbits reingest droppings, but this is not the same as cud. Sorry, friend - when the Bible is wrong about something, we don't get to alleviate the use of a word with an understood meaning and say.

Creation in Genesis 1 is not evolutionary. It makes only what - 3 or 4 mentions of life? At least 2 of them are in an incorrect order ("land animals" must have come before birds, as birds evolved directly from dinosaurs) and many species could not have lived off of plants alone ("scavenger" birds, for example, eat dead animals).

You're right, bats were considered birds. Further evidence that the people who wrote the Bible weren't "divinely inspired" or however the phrase goes now, but just normal people like everyone else at the time.

When I say "evolution is fact," I mean exactly what it sounds like I mean - a change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations which explains biodiversity.

"Shine" and "reflect" are, once again, two separate things. In order to shine, something must give off energy (such as the sun, fires, light bulbs, etc...). The moon does not do this. It reflects light. It is similar to turning on a light bulb in your room - you don't see everything around you because the light from the light bulb makes them start shining, you see them because they are reflecting the light given off by the light bulb.

Ever heard of the other myths of creation in the same area as pre-Christianity and the Hebrews? You know - the ones that, besides their similarities with the Biblical version of Creation (despite being around longer than the Bible), say that the earth is a flat circle held on pillars?

By the way - please continue to be condescending to us atheists. Why should I believe your God even exists if he cannot change the heart of his followers? Maybe you should read the SECOND half of the Bible instead of trying so diligently to support the first half.

Not that it matters - if the first half of the Bible IS 100% true, it's just more reason for me to be disgusted with your God. Sorry - but anyone who tells his followers to kill everyone but virgins simply for having a different belief and taking said virgins as sex slaves is NOT worthy of anybody's worship.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3361 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call those "human traits"?
Lots of animals possess those traits, too.
Perhaps we are made in God's image more than we know.....
Ahhh, another positive claim that now needs evidence. What animals possess human traits? Names, and documentation for such a claim. I'll even take your slant on the subject.

“"I am error"”

Since: Apr 12

San Francisco

#3362 Jan 4, 2013
Spinodontosaurus wrote:
Very well. Now, just pray to your fictious diety that you will be saved from your life of denial, it is for the best.
Oh hey, another random guy from the Dinosaur Forum posted here!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3363 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call those "human traits"?
Lots of animals possess those traits, too.
Perhaps we are made in God's image more than we know.....
So am I to understand you accept the fact that your God possesses the same traits as humans? And you think this is not a problem?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3364 Jan 4, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlin is in Hell burning in intense agony. There is nothing 'great' about him. He is in that lake of fire he so deserved.
In my contacts with Satan, yes, he speaks to me as your God speaks to you, no different. He tells me about his attempts to 'RECRUIT" mortals to his side. To have them turn away and against his eternal enemy God. Once he has accomplished this he is intensely happy that these mortal have joined forces with him. In his own words "Why would I want to torture those who join me in my fight against God?" So your full of shit about the lakes of fire, thats a scare tactic used against helpless children. Those who die with their backs turned against God are rewarded by Satan with an active afterlife of turning more and more mortals against God. Lakes of fire.....intense agony, bullshit. I know the truth, Satan needs warriors, he doesn't torture them, he revels in the joy that they have chosen him in his fight against God.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3365 Jan 4, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are full of hatred. It is what drives your evil desire to honor your satan. You're not an atheist, you are just a ranting satan worshipper. You know you and your god satan are both Hell bound and your rages and continued rebellion reveal this.
For anyone doubting the divisiveness of religion, look to further than posters like this. He tells people he doesn't even know they deserve eternal torture. This is exactly why our species will never be at peace. "Believe as I do or suffer in lakes of fire." Never, ever, can mankind be connected as one. Insurmountable lines drawn in the sand. We can never be friends, never share moments of peace and love, as long as people like this forcibly push aside all who think differently from them. There is no other reason other than religion,that drives this terrible wedge between people. Intolerant, irrational, illogical, devoted to hatred and divisiveness, religion has now and always will be a poison to society. It should be eradicated like any other disease.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3366 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove that they don't?
<3
Education is sooooo important.....here's how it works, this is how intelligent people have a dialog. Listen carefully.

POSITIVE claims demand evidence. NEGATIVE responses do not.

POSITIVE CLAIM.......God is real-miracles happen. The burden of proof falls squarely on the shoulders of the person making this POSITIVE CLAIM, this ASSERTION.

NEGATIVE RESPONSE........I don't believe either God or Miracles exist, please show me evidence for your POSITIVE CLAIM, for your ASSERTION.

I would never ask you to prove that I didn't have an invisible pink dragon in my garage.

Now, I hope this lesson has established the ground work for you to carry on an intelligent dialog, good luck.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3367 Jan 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Education is sooooo important.....here's how it works, this is how intelligent people have a dialog. Listen carefully.
POSITIVE claims demand evidence. NEGATIVE responses do not.
POSITIVE CLAIM.......God is real-miracles happen. The burden of proof falls squarely on the shoulders of the person making this POSITIVE CLAIM, this ASSERTION.
NEGATIVE RESPONSE........I don't believe either God or Miracles exist, please show me evidence for your POSITIVE CLAIM, for your ASSERTION.
I would never ask you to prove that I didn't have an invisible pink dragon in my garage.
Now, I hope this lesson has established the ground work for you to carry on an intelligent dialog, good luck.
Can you please explain it to me again, I still don't understand.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3368 Jan 4, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tyrus is Tyre, you imbecile.
And you're right - I did say that. Because the only places which people infer that from very obviously mean something else (in Revelations, serpent is used as an insult meaning "deceptive," just like when Jesus calls pharisees deceptive, and in Ezekiel,
Sorry, friend - You can claim to have some hidden understanding of the Bible all you want, but I'll go with what mainstream Christian theologians have to say on this one, which is the entire concept of Satan in the Garden and the fall being a creation of deceptive apologists.
You're dealing with a fruitcake who when cornered ( most of the time) will tell you that particular translation of the bible is wrong. If you quote a verse and give the source,(KJV) he'll tell you the translation is incorrect and he has the RIGHT meaning. As far as he's concerned there are no SLAVES referenced in the bible, they're SERVANTS. LOL They're bought and paid for, marked physically as property, can be part of a inheritance, and beaten with a rod so along as they don't die in two or three days, but they're NOT slaves, there........SERVANTS!!!! To funny. Good luck with this Numbnuts!!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3369 Jan 4, 2013
Tony wrote:
God is awesome, God is REAL, and God has given me miracles in my life. I am very grateful to have God in my life.
All of the very best,
Tony V.
Did you know that the God you worship murders little babies? Just wondering!!!!!
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3370 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please explain it to me again, I still don't understand.
No, and you most likely never will. From Animal House from Dean Wormer......"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life."

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3371 Jan 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, another positive claim that now needs evidence. What animals possess human traits? Names, and documentation for such a claim. I'll even take your slant on the subject.
Anthropomorphism is a science now, lol?
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3372 Jan 5, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthropomorphism is a science now, lol?
Never ending stupidity!
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#3373 Jan 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Never ending stupidity!

miracles happen, therefore God really exists. you are living in delusion if you keep thinking something is not existing when there are proofs of his existence. you are a delusional person. period.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3375 Jan 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Ahhh, another positive claim that now needs evidence. What animals possess human traits? Names, and documentation for such a claim. I'll even take your slant on the subject.
Are you serious?

Never seen a pissed off dog?

A scared cat?

A jealous horse?

You need to get out more.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3376 Jan 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So am I to understand you accept the fact that your God possesses the same traits as humans? And you think this is not a problem?
You are understanding wrong, or at least backwards.

Perhaps we possess some of God's traits...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3377 Jan 5, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Why would you? That's your dragon. Is there an anti-dragon cult that we could join to help fight back any proofs you have for your dragon?

I haven't asked you to prove that God didn't touch me & speak to me, have I?

You're not an atheist, you're an anti-Christian. Nothing more.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3378 Jan 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
Never seen a pissed off dog?
A scared cat?
A jealous horse?
You need to get out more.
Human traits don't apply to animals. Your version of a pissed off dog, is an animal that is highly territorial and pack orientated. You invade the dogs space, and are unfamiliar he protects his territory, he's not "pissed off" he exercising dominants.

A "scared" cat is anything but, its most likely out of its element and faced with something it can't cope with so it runs. Cats are ambush hunters, take them out of that element and their survival instructs kick in, the run to hunt another day.

I don't know much about horses, I'll look it up.

Animals don't kill for the sake of killing, or because another animal believes differently from them. Although some of the great apes do kill for no apparent reason, it figures as they are only a chromosome or so short of being human.

Animals don't feel VANITY...HATE....VINDICTIVENES S. They are neither irrational or illogical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Clearwater 830,978
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 586,090
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 min Paul is dead 1966 3,023
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 99,338
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 3,695
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Freebird USA 176,582
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min Mr Wiggley 442,982
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Neelakaran 6,440
More from around the web