God is REAL - Miracles Happen!
Danzig

Västerås, Sweden

#3343 Jan 2, 2013
Science is still based on reason and a strive towards better understanding, at least when it's really science, but what comes to religions, the fruit of those are clearly visible to everyone. Thousands of years of enslavement and oppression. It has never lead to anything good. And didn't Jesus say judge a tree by it's fruit?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3347 Jan 2, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>Your condescending 'sadness' is neither required or appreciated and I consider your threat of prayer as a personal affront to someone who's tried to patiently explain their lack of belief in a higher power. Who's being judgemental now?
I'm allowed to feel sad. I don't believe my sad feelings to be judgemental or condescending, just my feelings. You make no sense. That to makes me feel sad.

Location hidden

#3348 Jan 2, 2013
Danzig wrote:
<quoted text>I'm fine Bro, just spamming some threads before bedtime, and hopefully with something that might sound like sense ;)
Sense has no place in topix! Didn't you know? Lol ^5

Location hidden

#3349 Jan 2, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>But abusing science and misunderstanding it is what makes you a hate-filled atheist. Shouldn't you be mixing things up with some test tubes or something, rather than inserting them up your ass?
These 2 will say anything, even if it makes no sense at all, poor things, it makes me sad and mirthful simultaneously.
Blessings <3
Danzig

Västerås, Sweden

#3350 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sense has no place in topix! Didn't you know? Lol ^5
No, I didn't, but well, maybe we raised the average then :)

Location hidden

#3351 Jan 2, 2013
Danzig wrote:
<quoted text>No, I didn't, but well, maybe we raised the average then :)
I certainly hope so! I'm off to check out Alice in Wonderland again, as suggested, I'm thinking about worshipping a talking cat. Lol...
Peace <3

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

http://www.studentshelp.info

#3353 Jan 2, 2013
Good night Danzig ....
Tony

United States

#3354 Jan 3, 2013
Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, January 3, 2013

— 1 Corinthians 15:10 —

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them — yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

Grace is not only God's disposition to do good for us when we don't deserve it, it is an actual power from God that acts and makes good things happen in us and for us. God's grace was acting in the apostle Paul to make Paul work hard. So when Paul says, "Work out your salvation," he adds, "it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). Grace is power from God to do good things in us and for us. This grace is past and it is future. It is ever cascading over the infinitesimal waterfall of the present from the inexhaustible river of grace coming to us from the future into the ever-increasing reservoir of grace in the past. In the next five minutes, you will receive sustaining grace flowing to you from the future, and you will accumulate another five minutes of grace in the reservoir of the past. The proper response to grace you experienced in the past is gratitude, and the proper response to grace promised to you in the future is faith. We are thankful for the past grace of the last year, and we are confident in the future grace of the new year.

http://www.BarbaraLehrman.com
Tony

United States

#3355 Jan 3, 2013
God is awesome, God is REAL, and God has given me miracles in my life. I am very grateful to have God in my life.

All of the very best,

Tony V.
Tony

United States

#3356 Jan 3, 2013
So far as info pertaining to who I am, for those who have not been reading the posts, I am French-American, I have French on both sides of my family tree, and I have the Bourbon/Capetian royal line in my family tree, my family has been in the USA since before the USA formed and my family helped to build the USA, and I am trying to be an actor and writer and producer right now, and I want to buy a vineyard and winery in Italy, and I want to open a production office at Cinecitta in Rome.

Here are a few links...

Here is a link for my You Tube page...

http://www.youtube.com/TonyVerley

Here is a link for my Photo Bucket page...

http://tinyurl.com/TonyVerley

Here is a link for my Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/TonyVerley

And no one uses My Space anymore, but here is a link for my My Space page in case My Space ever makes a comeback...

http://www.myspace.com/TonyVerley

And here is a link for a podcast radio interview that I did on my friend Charley's RVSP...

http://randomvarietyshow.com/performing-arts/...

Also, here is a link for a video of me interviewing my friend Jon, Jon played guitar for The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and also for Suicidal Tendencies, and for other bands, his current band is named "NASTY HABITS."

http://youtu.be/47YL7vd0pKQ

Here is a video of my friend Jon, and his band NASTY HABITS, playing live at a club in Venice Beach, California, this is a song that they dedicated to me that night...

http://tinyurl.com/a98h58q

May God lovingly bless all who believe in him,

Tony V.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3357 Jan 3, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
You're missing the fundamental difference between my mother and God. My mother EXISTS, and I can prove she does.
I can prove that love exists, because we know what causes love: chemical reactions in the brain. Once again - no God needed. It's just not something I have the capability to prove to someone over the internet.
lol, nobody's saying your mother doesn't exist.

I think your love for your mother doesn't exist.

Prove me wrong.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3359 Jan 3, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
Evolution is fact. Go read a few biology books.
Which ones and for what purpose?
It is possible that God created us with the evolution gene - however, the Bible makes no mention of it. You are just speculating.
Don't you find it strange that Creation in Genesis 1 follows evolution so closely?
Leviticus 11:13-19 "And these you shall detest among the birds; they shall not be eaten; they are detestable: the eagle, the bearded vulture, the black vulture, the kite, the falcon of any kind, every raven of any kind, the ostrich, the nighthawk, the sea gull, the hawk of any kind, the little owl, the cormorant, the short-eared owl, the barn owl, the tawny owl, the carrion vulture, the stork, the heron of any kind, the hoopoe, and the bat. "
At the time this was written, bats were designated as birds....
Cud is slightly digested food which is regurgitated and swallowed a second time. Rabbits do not do this.
Yes they do.
Reflection is completely different from shining.
The moon reflects light.
The moon shines light.

Both sentences are true.
1 Samuel 2:8 "For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, And He has set the world upon them," Job 38:4 "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding," Job 38:6 "Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof?"
LMAO! Never heard of figures of speech huh? Ever had a relationship based on the foundation of trust?

Silly athitard, you're raching.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Location hidden

#3360 Jan 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which ones and for what purpose?
<quoted text>
Don't you find it strange that Creation in Genesis 1 follows evolution so closely?
<quoted text>
At the time this was written, bats were designated as birds....
<quoted text>
Yes they do.
<quoted text>
The moon reflects light.
The moon shines light.
Both sentences are true.
<quoted text>
LMAO! Never heard of figures of speech huh? Ever had a relationship based on the foundation of trust?
Silly athitard, you're raching.
Cud is food regurgitated into the mouth which is redigested for nutrients. Your Creationist websites are lying to you - rabbits do not chew cud. Rabbits reingest droppings, but this is not the same as cud. Sorry, friend - when the Bible is wrong about something, we don't get to alleviate the use of a word with an understood meaning and say.

Creation in Genesis 1 is not evolutionary. It makes only what - 3 or 4 mentions of life? At least 2 of them are in an incorrect order ("land animals" must have come before birds, as birds evolved directly from dinosaurs) and many species could not have lived off of plants alone ("scavenger" birds, for example, eat dead animals).

You're right, bats were considered birds. Further evidence that the people who wrote the Bible weren't "divinely inspired" or however the phrase goes now, but just normal people like everyone else at the time.

When I say "evolution is fact," I mean exactly what it sounds like I mean - a change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations which explains biodiversity.

"Shine" and "reflect" are, once again, two separate things. In order to shine, something must give off energy (such as the sun, fires, light bulbs, etc...). The moon does not do this. It reflects light. It is similar to turning on a light bulb in your room - you don't see everything around you because the light from the light bulb makes them start shining, you see them because they are reflecting the light given off by the light bulb.

Ever heard of the other myths of creation in the same area as pre-Christianity and the Hebrews? You know - the ones that, besides their similarities with the Biblical version of Creation (despite being around longer than the Bible), say that the earth is a flat circle held on pillars?

By the way - please continue to be condescending to us atheists. Why should I believe your God even exists if he cannot change the heart of his followers? Maybe you should read the SECOND half of the Bible instead of trying so diligently to support the first half.

Not that it matters - if the first half of the Bible IS 100% true, it's just more reason for me to be disgusted with your God. Sorry - but anyone who tells his followers to kill everyone but virgins simply for having a different belief and taking said virgins as sex slaves is NOT worthy of anybody's worship.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3361 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call those "human traits"?
Lots of animals possess those traits, too.
Perhaps we are made in God's image more than we know.....
Ahhh, another positive claim that now needs evidence. What animals possess human traits? Names, and documentation for such a claim. I'll even take your slant on the subject.

“"I am error"”

Since: Apr 12

San Francisco

#3362 Jan 4, 2013
Spinodontosaurus wrote:
Very well. Now, just pray to your fictious diety that you will be saved from your life of denial, it is for the best.
Oh hey, another random guy from the Dinosaur Forum posted here!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3363 Jan 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call those "human traits"?
Lots of animals possess those traits, too.
Perhaps we are made in God's image more than we know.....
So am I to understand you accept the fact that your God possesses the same traits as humans? And you think this is not a problem?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3364 Jan 4, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlin is in Hell burning in intense agony. There is nothing 'great' about him. He is in that lake of fire he so deserved.
In my contacts with Satan, yes, he speaks to me as your God speaks to you, no different. He tells me about his attempts to 'RECRUIT" mortals to his side. To have them turn away and against his eternal enemy God. Once he has accomplished this he is intensely happy that these mortal have joined forces with him. In his own words "Why would I want to torture those who join me in my fight against God?" So your full of shit about the lakes of fire, thats a scare tactic used against helpless children. Those who die with their backs turned against God are rewarded by Satan with an active afterlife of turning more and more mortals against God. Lakes of fire.....intense agony, bullshit. I know the truth, Satan needs warriors, he doesn't torture them, he revels in the joy that they have chosen him in his fight against God.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3365 Jan 4, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are full of hatred. It is what drives your evil desire to honor your satan. You're not an atheist, you are just a ranting satan worshipper. You know you and your god satan are both Hell bound and your rages and continued rebellion reveal this.
For anyone doubting the divisiveness of religion, look to further than posters like this. He tells people he doesn't even know they deserve eternal torture. This is exactly why our species will never be at peace. "Believe as I do or suffer in lakes of fire." Never, ever, can mankind be connected as one. Insurmountable lines drawn in the sand. We can never be friends, never share moments of peace and love, as long as people like this forcibly push aside all who think differently from them. There is no other reason other than religion,that drives this terrible wedge between people. Intolerant, irrational, illogical, devoted to hatred and divisiveness, religion has now and always will be a poison to society. It should be eradicated like any other disease.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#3366 Jan 4, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove that they don't?
<3
Education is sooooo important.....here's how it works, this is how intelligent people have a dialog. Listen carefully.

POSITIVE claims demand evidence. NEGATIVE responses do not.

POSITIVE CLAIM.......God is real-miracles happen. The burden of proof falls squarely on the shoulders of the person making this POSITIVE CLAIM, this ASSERTION.

NEGATIVE RESPONSE........I don't believe either God or Miracles exist, please show me evidence for your POSITIVE CLAIM, for your ASSERTION.

I would never ask you to prove that I didn't have an invisible pink dragon in my garage.

Now, I hope this lesson has established the ground work for you to carry on an intelligent dialog, good luck.

Location hidden

#3367 Jan 4, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Education is sooooo important.....here's how it works, this is how intelligent people have a dialog. Listen carefully.
POSITIVE claims demand evidence. NEGATIVE responses do not.
POSITIVE CLAIM.......God is real-miracles happen. The burden of proof falls squarely on the shoulders of the person making this POSITIVE CLAIM, this ASSERTION.
NEGATIVE RESPONSE........I don't believe either God or Miracles exist, please show me evidence for your POSITIVE CLAIM, for your ASSERTION.
I would never ask you to prove that I didn't have an invisible pink dragon in my garage.
Now, I hope this lesson has established the ground work for you to carry on an intelligent dialog, good luck.
Can you please explain it to me again, I still don't understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min itsalrightnow 88,565
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min URineIdiot 703,849
mgtow 2 hr GotIt 15
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr BongoKrap 996,564
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 2 hr Choicerocks 8
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 3 hr Choicerocks 4
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 4 hr Choicerocks 21