God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3288 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA! How very presumptious of you.
But you're wrong - we don't "know", we assume.
<quoted text>
Wrong again. But the whole world had a concept of a flat earth until just a few hundred years ago.
<quoted text>
You can't understand a simple figure of speech?
Ever been "so hungry you could eat a horse"?
<quoted text>
The moon IS a source of light at night, whether it's reflected or not.
<quoted text>
It does? Are you sure about that?
<quoted text>
Figurative.
<quoted text>
Don't know much about rabbits, do ya?
<quoted text>
That's the only one that makes sense, but it's written that way because at the time it was written bats were considered birds.
Picking and choosing - if something sounds ridiculous, IT WAS FIGURATIVE!

Do you know why people thought the earth was flat and stationary for so long? Because of religion (Christianity in particular).

Location hidden

#3289 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tyre, huh?
Try again.
Pathetic how many Christians haven't actually read the Bible.

:(

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3290 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Picking and choosing - if something sounds ridiculous, IT WAS FIGURATIVE!
Do you know why people thought the earth was flat and stationary for so long? Because of religion (Christianity in particular).
Of course you blame religion for all the faults of science but praise science for all the feats of science.

I guess you don't know that Ancient Egyptian and Babylonian cultures as well as China up to the last few hundred years....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3291 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic how many Christians haven't actually read the Bible.
:(
It was "Tyrus", not "Tyre", idiot.

What do I expect from you, anyway. You're the same guy that said "Nowhere in the bible does it say that the serpent was Satan. NOWHERE."

Dipstick

Location hidden

#3292 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was "Tyrus", not "Tyre", idiot.
What do I expect from you, anyway. You're the same guy that said "Nowhere in the bible does it say that the serpent was Satan. NOWHERE."
Dipstick
Tyrus is Tyre, you imbecile.

And you're right - I did say that. Because the only places which people infer that from very obviously mean something else (in Revelations, serpent is used as an insult meaning "deceptive," just like when Jesus calls pharisees deceptive, and in Ezekiel,

Sorry, friend - You can claim to have some hidden understanding of the Bible all you want, but I'll go with what mainstream Christian theologians have to say on this one, which is the entire concept of Satan in the Garden and the fall being a creation of deceptive apologists.

Location hidden

#3293 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you blame religion for all the faults of science but praise science for all the feats of science.
I guess you don't know that Ancient Egyptian and Babylonian cultures as well as China up to the last few hundred years....
There were many times when people tried to bring up a theory of a moving earth in "Christian areas."

The Roman Catholic Church did not like this, and it wasn't taken seriously until a few hundred years ago.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3294 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tyrus is Tyre, you imbecile.
And you're right - I did say that. Because the only places which people infer that from very obviously mean something else (in Revelations, serpent is used as an insult meaning "deceptive," just like when Jesus calls pharisees deceptive, and in Ezekiel,
Sorry, friend - You can claim to have some hidden understanding of the Bible all you want, but I'll go with what mainstream Christian theologians have to say on this one, which is the entire concept of Satan in the Garden and the fall being a creation of deceptive apologists.
uh-huh....

And just who are theses renowned "Christian theologians" that defend you & ignore Revelation?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3295 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
There were many times when people tried to bring up a theory of a moving earth in "Christian areas."
The Roman Catholic Church did not like this, and it wasn't taken seriously until a few hundred years ago.
If something's been said for thousands of years, notably the flat earth & ancient Babylonia, you gotta imagine that it's hard for people to grasp the "new" concept & move on.

Besides, why did china believe in a flat earth roughly 200 years ago? Are you gonna blame the RCC for that, too?

Location hidden

#3298 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If something's been said for thousands of years, notably the flat earth & ancient Babylonia, you gotta imagine that it's hard for people to grasp the "new" concept & move on.
Besides, why did china believe in a flat earth roughly 200 years ago? Are you gonna blame the RCC for that, too?
No, because that's irrelevant.

The point of what I said is that a) the Bible can be wrong (the people who were writing it obviously did NOT know that the earth moved, they thought exactly what everyone else thought, that it was stationary) and b) mainstream science would have recognized that it were bullshit much earlier if it weren't for religion.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#3299 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>No - but I can prove that my mother exists.
Very good! Now prove that she loves you.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#3300 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>Once again - you are ignoring the observations of people who are much more knowledgeable on the subject than yourself.

Ezekiel 28:13, if read in context, is speaking about the king and kingdom of Tyre. Not Satan.
Lol...

Location hidden

#3301 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...
Very insightful! You really brought a lot to the conversation. Thanks for your input.

Location hidden

#3302 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good! Now prove that she loves you.
I can't "prove" love. At least, not in the sense that you'd like me to prove it.

I'm more sure that my mother loves me than that an egotistical deity does, though. At least my mom doesn't threaten to send me to hell.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#3303 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very insightful! You really brought a lot to the conversation. Thanks for your input.
Oh shux....I'm touched, thank you :D

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#3304 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't "prove" love. At least, not in the sense that you'd like me to prove it.
I'm more sure that my mother loves me than that an egotistical deity does, though. At least my mom doesn't threaten to send me to hell.
Ok. Good. Now what we are trying to say is that one cannot prove faith any more than love, that does not mean that it doesn't exist. Hell is not a threat, it's a consequence, like being grounded. It's cool if you don't believe, you have free will and your choice is just as valid as anyone else's, it's just futile to judge something that you don't understand.
Peace <3

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3305 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're without belief, why are you quoting the Bible? I think it's great but it does not compute...
Happy New Year!!!!
Peace <3
I was a Sunday School Teacher for 10 years. I sincerely regret the harm I did to those kids.

It may surprise you, dearie, but many atheists were once devout, tithing theists who spread the lies that some call 'good news'.

Location hidden

#3306 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Good. Now what we are trying to say is that one cannot prove faith any more than love, that does not mean that it doesn't exist. Hell is not a threat, it's a consequence, like being grounded. It's cool if you don't believe, you have free will and your choice is just as valid as anyone else's, it's just futile to judge something that you don't understand.
Peace <3
You're missing the fundamental difference between my mother and God. My mother EXISTS, and I can prove she does.

I can prove that love exists, because we know what causes love: chemical reactions in the brain. Once again - no God needed. It's just not something I have the capability to prove to someone over the internet.

God, on the other hand, has no evidence. You have yet to give me any evidence, and have only tried to compare God to my mother, which is blatantly fallacious.

By the way, how is saying, "Believe in and love me or you'll go to hell," not a threat? An incredibly unjust one, at that. "YOU WILL BE PUNISHED INFINITELY FOR YOUR FINITE CRIMES!"

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#3307 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation is false. We know how the earth and everything around it came into existence.
The concept of a flat earth is false. God himself is quoted as saying that it is a circle (a circle being a literal circle - not a sphere).
Stationary earth claims. The Bible claims on various occasions that the Earth is held in place. This is not true, nor would being metaphorical about it convey any worthwhile message.
The Bible says that the moon gives off light. It does not. It reflects light.
The Bible says that snow and hail are "stored in the kingdom of God." Obviously, this is false. We know exactly how both form.
The Bible claims that the earth sits on 4 pillars. False.
The Bible claims that rabbits chew their cud. Also false.
The Bible claims that bats are birds. Once again - false.
You can see all of these and more at http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/errors.htm
I know and have read of many Scientists that are also Christians, some of whom are trying to prove that God exists since no one has proven that He doesn't. Creation and evolution are both still conclusively UNproven and therefore, still up for individual interpretation, it is possible that God created us with the 'evolution gene' just like the x men were born with the 'mutant gene'. As for your claims regarding the Bible, can you show me the passage that say bats are birds? Do you know what cud is? Yes, the moon reflects light, then gives it back, try it with a mirror go on. The Earth sits on 4 pillars, the Bible claims this just like that? Can you show me? From an actual Bible? Ta :)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3308 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
We quote the Bible to examine
a) it's ridiculousness and
b) the hypocrisy of those who say they've read it.
At least - that's what I do. Can't speak for the person you're quoting.
I provided the quote, it's a well known one and I couldn't help but think of it regarding the hypocrisy of one judgemental person who calls themselves 'Christian'.

So often they forget their own book of rules.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#3309 Jan 2, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Sunday School Teacher for 10 years. I sincerely regret the harm I did to those kids.
It may surprise you, dearie, but many atheists were once devout, tithing theists who spread the lies that some call 'good news'.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min LAWEST100 44,225
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 29,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min bad bob 181,926
Play "end of the word" part 2 40 min Aussie Kev 1,450
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min Lifelover 618,237
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Johnny 3,700
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 280,516
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 637,823
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Ooogah Boogah 968,837
More from around the web