God is REAL - Miracles Happen!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3266 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No - but that does not mean they exist. We need a higher standard of evidence to discern reality from fantasy, and that standard of evidence has not been met by people who claim any particular deity exists.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3267 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
But that does not mean they don't exist.
No, of course it doesn't mean that. But there is no reason to say they exist unless you are presented with evidence.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#3268 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I like that :D

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#3269 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>No, of course it doesn't mean that. But there is no reason to say they exist unless you are presented with evidence.
No one can prove they don't exist, can they? Until they do, one is free to believe what one wants to.

Location hidden

#3270 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Bible is "demonstrably false", then by all means demonstrate....
Creation.

A flat earth.

The various claims of the sky being water.

Stationary earth.

The claim that the moon is a light source.

The claim that snow and hail are stored in God's kingdom.

The claim that the earth sits on 4 pillars.

The claim that rabbits chew cud.

The claim that a bat is a bird, not a mammal.

Location hidden

#3271 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Do you believe in goblins, unicorns, witches, fairies, and so on? What about all of the deities claimed by other religions to be true, which have the same absence of evidence as your God?

I'm not saying God doesn't exist - I'm just saying that I have no reason to believe in him until I am presented evidence. Just like I have no reason to believe fairies exist without evidence.

Location hidden

#3272 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can prove they don't exist, can they? Until they do, one is free to believe what one wants to.
Look at the name of the thread.

"God is REAL - Miracles Happen!"

He claimed that God actually existed with no evidence whatsoever (no - something that heals naturally... healing... is not evidence of miracles or God for that matter)

Location hidden

#3273 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrisy of those who say they've read it?
LMAO!
Like you lying that you've read it "3+" times and you've never seen Satan referred to as the serpent?
You're such a liar, might wanna change socks now.
Ah, Creationists: denying evidence since, what, 5000 BC or something like that?

I've explained to you that serpent was an insult at the time the NT was written. Until you can demonstrate that it meant something else when talking about Satan, it is safe to assume it meant the same thing it did as when Jesus called the pharisees snakes (unless they were in the garden, too!)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#3274 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>Look at the name of the thread.

"God is REAL - Miracles Happen!"

He claimed that God actually existed with no evidence whatsoever (no - something that heals naturally... healing... is not evidence of miracles or God for that matter)
Who started the thread?

Location hidden

#3275 Jan 2, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started the thread?
Tony. I responded to the thread, and people started responding to me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3277 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
Creation.
A flat earth.
The various claims of the sky being water.
Stationary earth.
The claim that the moon is a light source.
The claim that snow and hail are stored in God's kingdom.
The claim that the earth sits on 4 pillars.
The claim that rabbits chew cud.
The claim that a bat is a bird, not a mammal.
Are you just gonna spout out words or offer up some kind of explanation?

I asked you to demonstrate that the bible is demonstrably false, you can't even do that.

You don't even understand what the bible is trying to convey....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3278 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in goblins, unicorns, witches, fairies, and so on? What about all of the deities claimed by other religions to be true, which have the same absence of evidence as your God?
I'm not saying God doesn't exist - I'm just saying that I have no reason to believe in him until I am presented evidence. Just like I have no reason to believe fairies exist without evidence.
I think that was your first honest post, thanks

God has proven Himself to me through tactile contact. There is no doubt in me that He is real.

I have my evidence, which I cannot transfer to you, no more than you could prove to me that you love your mother.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3279 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've explained to you that serpent was an insult at the time the NT was written. Until you can demonstrate that it meant something else when talking about Satan, it is safe to assume it meant the same thing it did as when Jesus called the pharisees snakes (unless they were in the garden, too!)
I did in the other thread. You quietly ignored it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3280 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know want, here's a repeat:

He is called "the serpent of old" in Revelations.

We can ascertain who the serpent was from other passages of Scripture, and from the context of Genesis 3 itself.

Ezekiel 28:13 states that the being addressed was listed as being in Eden.

Since Satan was a created being, and since Eden was guarded by cherubim after the Fall, he must have been in Eden between his creation and the Fall of man

Satan is called a serpent three times in the book of Revelation 12:9, 12:15, 20:2. When combined with Paul’s words in 2 Corinthians 11:3, the identification of the serpent in Genesis 3 with Satan is unmistakable.

Location hidden

#3281 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that was your first honest post, thanks
God has proven Himself to me through tactile contact. There is no doubt in me that He is real.
I have my evidence, which I cannot transfer to you, no more than you could prove to me that you love your mother.
No - but I can prove that my mother exists.

Location hidden

#3282 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know want, here's a repeat:
He is called "the serpent of old" in Revelations.
We can ascertain who the serpent was from other passages of Scripture, and from the context of Genesis 3 itself.
Ezekiel 28:13 states that the being addressed was listed as being in Eden.
Since Satan was a created being, and since Eden was guarded by cherubim after the Fall, he must have been in Eden between his creation and the Fall of man
Satan is called a serpent three times in the book of Revelation 12:9, 12:15, 20:2. When combined with Paul’s words in 2 Corinthians 11:3, the identification of the serpent in Genesis 3 with Satan is unmistakable.
Once again - you are ignoring the observations of people who are much more knowledgeable on the subject than yourself.

Ezekiel 28:13, if read in context, is speaking about the king and kingdom of Tyre. Not Satan.

Location hidden

#3283 Jan 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you just gonna spout out words or offer up some kind of explanation?
I asked you to demonstrate that the bible is demonstrably false, you can't even do that.
You don't even understand what the bible is trying to convey....
Creation is false. We know how the earth and everything around it came into existence.

The concept of a flat earth is false. God himself is quoted as saying that it is a circle (a circle being a literal circle - not a sphere).

Stationary earth claims. The Bible claims on various occasions that the Earth is held in place. This is not true, nor would being metaphorical about it convey any worthwhile message.

The Bible says that the moon gives off light. It does not. It reflects light.

The Bible says that snow and hail are "stored in the kingdom of God." Obviously, this is false. We know exactly how both form.

The Bible claims that the earth sits on 4 pillars. False.

The Bible claims that rabbits chew their cud. Also false.

The Bible claims that bats are birds. Once again - false.

You can see all of these and more at http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/errors.htm

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3284 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No - but I can prove that my mother exists.
derp

She's physical, your love is not - Just like God.

But go ahead & try, please. Prove to me that you love your mother...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3285 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again - you are ignoring the observations of people who are much more knowledgeable on the subject than yourself.
Ezekiel 28:13, if read in context, is speaking about the king and kingdom of Tyre. Not Satan.
Tyre, huh?

Try again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3286 Jan 2, 2013
WesTheDuck wrote:
Creation is false. We know how the earth and everything around it came into existence.
HAHAHA! How very presumptious of you.

But you're wrong - we don't "know", we assume.
The concept of a flat earth is false. God himself is quoted as saying that it is a circle (a circle being a literal circle - not a sphere).
Wrong again. But the whole world had a concept of a flat earth until just a few hundred years ago.
Stationary earth claims. The Bible claims on various occasions that the Earth is held in place. This is not true, nor would being metaphorical about it convey any worthwhile message.

You can't understand a simple figure of speech?

Ever been "so hungry you could eat a horse"?
The Bible says that the moon gives off light. It does not. It reflects light.
The moon IS a source of light at night, whether it's reflected or not.
The Bible says that snow and hail are "stored in the kingdom of God." Obviously, this is false. We know exactly how both form.
It does? Are you sure about that?
The Bible claims that the earth sits on 4 pillars. False.
Figurative.
The Bible claims that rabbits chew their cud. Also false.
Don't know much about rabbits, do ya?
The Bible claims that bats are birds. Once again - false.
That's the only one that makes sense, but it's written that way because at the time it was written bats were considered birds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min truth 646,697
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 19 min USA-1 38,758
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min River Tam 48,933
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 41 min WasteWater 2,077
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 41 min Hey U 5
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 50 min Hey U 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min VIKING 971,730
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web