|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know your God murders little babies? Just wondering!!!!
THAT WAS THE OLD TESTAMENT!!! THAT DOESN'T COUNT!!!

Oh wait, yes it does.

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19)

So, apparently the only way to be a Christian is to believe that stoning unruly children, taking women as sex slaves, etc., still applies. I'll pass.
Tony

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

God is all about love. And being a Christian is all about love. Here is what the Bible says...

----------

1 Corinthians 13
New International Version (NIV)

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Tony wrote:
God is all about love. And being a Christian is all about love. Here is what the Bible says...
----------
1 Corinthians 13
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Killing children, taking women as sex slaves, etc., is a sign of love?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

If god is truly the creator of all life on this planet and he is peaceful and nice,why would he create us,the people,hungry for violence and blood.Why didn't he create a peaceful world without any killing,violence and such a nice things?
Tony

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

There is good, and there is evil. In the end God will win, and God will punish all of the evil.

“I am but a humble duck.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Tony wrote:
There is good, and there is evil. In the end God will win, and God will punish all of the evil.
Will God punish himself? Because he does not meet his own requirements of "good."

“"To be...or not to be?"..NOT!!”

Recife,Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

I feel that I will be massacred by what I'm going to say but,anyway

...Ok,there are miracles, of course. But,have you guys ever stop to think that we are God? Link the law of attraction with the phrase "We are created in the image and likeness of God and notice.
There's no a concrete God,who gives us things unexpected or impossible to happen...what is an estrange force,a kind of magnetic universe we have within us that brings things to our lives. God is not behind miracles for our lives, God is a universal power that exists within the cosmos of our soul. We are God and God is us

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. You can't refute a claim with zero evidence.
This is why people still believe in Bigfoot, aliens and Loch Ness.....
This is why you believe there is no God.
you are uneducated, that is solvable

you are unintelligent, that is why you are a christian.

I do not "believe" that is the behaviour of a theist.

I am a rational skeptic, I evaluate.

You have made a reference to a "god", yet you attached no attributes, so we cannot know about such existence. I would contend, that something without attributes does not exist.

regardless,

your claim to the existence of a god , does not even achieve the status of hypothesis, because you supply no supporting framework.

"that which is asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. God’s anger is not arbitrary or petty; He is angry "with the wicked" Romans 1:18.
2. Vanity is wanting praise we don't deserve. God is a being of immeasurable worth who performs acts of immeasurable worth.
3. Vengence only belongs to God and He will repay.
4. You are completely impotent to define the term “moral".
5/6. While the atheist (you) may claim not to like God’s actions, if he admits that there is a legitimate standard of morality that is not based on subjective human whims, then he has forfeited his atheistic position.
If it is wrong for us to kill, then how can God kill so many in the Old Testament? The answer is, because God is God. The Author of life has the right to take life. IOW, man can't play God, but certainly God can play God.
christianity is a moral failure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you're saying God exists? When you say "Yes", I'll answer the last part of your stupid question.
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrific comeback!!! You win. I bet he is too much of a coward to respond!!!
oooops forgot to switch socks

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) ANGER is a human trait, period. I don't care what the catalyst is.
2.) VANITY is a human trait, period. Your Gods first 4 commandments deal with his sense of vanity.
3.) VENGENCE is a human trait, period. No vengeance does not belong only to God, we as human possess it.
4.) Morality is judged by society and is a product of society, not an invisible deity.
I'm glad you have demonstrated that your God has morals inferior to man's. I, You, the person next door, all of us have higher moral standards than your God. You may try and exempt your God for all moral standards, but in the end he looks like a complete psychopathic murderer, with little or no compassion. Compassion that is part of almost every human being, your God lacks. Thanks for showing us all why your God has earned the name "Demon God."
Why do you call those "human traits"?

Lots of animals possess those traits, too.

Perhaps we are made in God's image more than we know.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I created a baby and gave birth to him.
That makes me a "creator"..or more precisely, a "creatrix."
Hey, I'm a GODDESS!
You will address me henceforth as "Goddess!"
You created a baby, huh?

All by your lonesome?

How'd you do that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't mean to be funny, but you are freaking hilarious!
I can just imagine this giant, bearded sky daddy who can create universes....a gazillion suns and planets and he only puts life on one rolling rock.
Now, this eternal omnipotent deity sits around 24/7 and monitors billions of humans....it's like watching an unbelievable amount of soap operas. Who's screwing around with who, which ones dipped into the collection plate, the pedophiles and bored housewives, watches children starve and people murder each other....and what does "HE" do about it?
Basically, jack squat.
It boggles the mind, it really does.
You imagine a giant, bearded skydaddy?

There's problem #1.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

WesTheDuck wrote:
<quoted text>
False. According to your Bible, babies are born in sin (Psalm 51:5) http://bible.cc/psalms/51-5.htm .
So, if babies are sinful, and the Bible is true, Romans 6:23 applies here, which says that the wages of sin are death. http://bible.cc/romans/6-23.htm
This is (one of) the problems with Christianity - it attempts to take the most heinous, inhumane, abhorrent things which have ever been written, and then tie them up with a pretty little bow and say that it's good.
We come into this world with a sin nature, and so the baby that dies, dies in a state of sin. But when that child is received into heaven, he or she is received by grace.
Tony

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

– Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Tony wrote:
----------
1 Corinthians 13
I sugest you read the rest of it too

www.evilbible.com
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't mean to be funny, but you are freaking hilarious!
I can just imagine this giant, bearded sky daddy who can create universes....a gazillion suns and planets and he only puts life on one rolling rock.
Now, this eternal omnipotent deity sits around 24/7 and monitors billions of humans....it's like watching an unbelievable amount of soap operas. Who's screwing around with who, which ones dipped into the collection plate, the pedophiles and bored housewives, watches children starve and people murder each other....and what does "HE" do about it?
Basically, jack squat.
It boggles the mind, it really does.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I sugest you read the rest of it too
www.evilbib.com
Practice what you preach, dude.
Tony

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

"The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

1 Peter 5:10

-----

For me this pretty much sums up a lot of what I believe...

This life is a test, and God is watching the whole time, God even knows the thoughts in your head, and if you succeed in passing the test then you are rewarded by being allowed to go to Heaven, and if you fail the test then you burn in Hell for eternity.

But God is cool and loving and through Jesus we are forgiven for our sins if we repent, and if we ask for forgiveness.

And God does cool stuff, such as giving us miracles and stuff...

Here is a link again for a short video of me talking about miracles which God has given me in my life...

http://tinyurl.com/66jw7qx

All of the best, and I wish us all a very happy New Year,

Tony V.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

ThayAB wrote:
I feel that I will be massacred by what I'm going to say but,anyway
...Ok,there are miracles, of course. But,have you guys ever stop to think that we are God? Link the law of attraction with the phrase "We are created in the image and likeness of God and notice.
There's no a concrete God,who gives us things unexpected or impossible to happen...what is an estrange force,a kind of magnetic universe we have within us that brings things to our lives. God is not behind miracles for our lives, God is a universal power that exists within the cosmos of our soul. We are God and God is us
No, not gonna massacre you at all. I'll just state my opinion and perhaps there can actually be some discussion on Topix...who knows;0)

I don't really believe in miracles....sure, strange things happen. Have you noticed they happen a lot less with modern medicine and technology? Miracles seem to shrink as knowledge grows and we still have a lot to learn.

Some people would claim that I have experienced a miracle because I survived an NDE....I give the credit to a crackerjack nurse and a quick thinking, well trained and dedicated doctor (a Muslim.) You would think he would be a blest man, but no. While visiting his homeland years later (he supported his parents, siblings, etc.) he was shot in the back severing the spinal cord. He lived out the rest of his life in a wheelchair.

I would reword that phrase a bit to "We create our gods in our own image." I would like for there to be a cosmic force, or scoreboard if you will, to keep things in line....I've not seen any evidence of it yet. But I do agree we are our own gods in that we have the power to create and shape the world around us to a limited extent. I feel the value and quality of our lives depend solely upon ourselves.

Magnetic waves and energy forces? Dunno anything about that. I do know that a sunrise or a baby's smile creates a deep seated contentment in me that I just can't turn off....but it does fade, so I continue to watch sunrises and hold babies. There are other things that make me feel 'at one' with the universe, say a brilliant starry sky, I can also appreciate the rain. Don't know if this is even close to what you're saying, but I AM trying to understand, it's JIMHO:0)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,021 - 3,040 of5,166
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

596 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Chess 529,549
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Hidingfromyou 715,542
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Ratloder 114,490
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 93,086
Forget Dan Gilbert, LeBron. Go back for your fans 14 min Doctor REALITY 5
Why do white people try to lie and cover up the... 17 min yon 13
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min BenAdam 598,695
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Charlie Sheen 255,455
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••