|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Oh, I forgot to sum up.

Reasons 1-4 all come down to the same thing.
**You believe because you want to.**

#5? Needs to be on meds.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no. You don't get to quote parts of the Bible & ignore others just to make your feeble argument.
Genesis says that God will do what is just.
He won't let the innocent perish.
I have no problem with the entire contents of your immoral holy book, it's all bad.

So Genesis says that God will do what is just? He won't let the innocent perish? REALLY?

29,000 children under the age of 5 have perished in Somalia in the last 90 days. How much more innocent can you get than 5 years old or under. Your God lied, its that simple. He DID let then innocent perish.

You really have no connect to reality do you!! You read the passages from your holy book and apparently it stops there, without any thought as to how those passages are relevant now. Your God is NOT doing what is just, he's letting innocent children die. He's either completely powerless to help them, he doesn't give a shit, or he's a psychopathic liar. Pick one!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you possess the same faults as a turd?
I'll consider this a surrender to my logic about your egotistical God thing!!! Thanks, It's always a pleasure to see you Christards at a loss for answers.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No one answers it because its an ignorant question.
God doesn't have the same faults as man.
"God doesn't have the same faults as man? REALLY? Are you absolutely sure you want to stick with that statement? Simple question, why did your God supposedly flood the entire globe? So there is nothing in the bible that describes God as being VENGEFUL? What do the first 4 commandments deal with? Who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and why? Who turned Lots wife into a pillar of salt and why? Who murdered all of the Egyptian first born males and why? Take your time now, I know that simple logic and reason are very difficult for you, I'l wait!!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm am speaking of you and all Christians (as well as ANYONE who "believes in" something for which there is not a shread of proof).
God has proven Himself to me and to many others. You don't know what you're talking about.
Human beings are basically simple creatures.
If there is no evidence of a "god" and you choose to believe in it anyway, there are only a few reasons why you would do that.
(1) Raised in that belief and won't question it for a variety of reasons... being totally brainwashed, afraid of disappointing authority figures, fearing social rejection, etc.
(2) Believing out of fear of death and punishment...just in case the stories might be true.
(3) The need to understand personal tragedy, such as the loss of a child.
(4) Needing a parental figure to feel cared for and loved, protected and safe, a sense of justice (just wait til my daddy gets home!) or a sense of belonging.
Most people will believe anything so that they don't have to feel alone.
(5) Then there are those who don't exactly "choose" to believe... they are delusional. A mental illness.
Or #6.... One chooses to believe in God because they know He's real.

You forgot that one.
By the way, Yahweh is the NAME of the biblical god.
It is the expanded version of YHWH.
This is four Hebrew letters (Yod, He, Waw and He) called the "Tetragrammaton.
"God" is not a name; it is only a job description.
The original pronunciation is not known, "Yahweh" is the assumed way of saying YHWH.

YHWH is roughly tranlsated to "he who creates", with the Y being "he" and the HWH being "who creates" or "causes to be".

It's a description, not a name.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with the entire contents of your immoral holy book, it's all bad.
So Genesis says that God will do what is just? He won't let the innocent perish? REALLY?
29,000 children under the age of 5 have perished in Somalia in the last 90 days. How much more innocent can you get than 5 years old or under. Your God lied, its that simple. He DID let then innocent perish.
You really have no connect to reality do you!! You read the passages from your holy book and apparently it stops there, without any thought as to how those passages are relevant now. Your God is NOT doing what is just, he's letting innocent children die. He's either completely powerless to help them, he doesn't give a shit, or he's a psychopathic liar. Pick one!!!!
The little kids that die are biblically innocent, their body dies but they don't perish.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll consider this a surrender to my logic about your egotistical God thing!!! Thanks, It's always a pleasure to see you Christards at a loss for answers.
Surrender?

Logic?

LMAO! You showed no logic, you asked a question...

blacklagoon wrote:
Why does your God possess the same faults as man?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"God doesn't have the same faults as man? REALLY? Are you absolutely sure you want to stick with that statement? Simple question, why did your God supposedly flood the entire globe? So there is nothing in the bible that describes God as being VENGEFUL? What do the first 4 commandments deal with? Who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and why? Who turned Lots wife into a pillar of salt and why? Who murdered all of the Egyptian first born males and why? Take your time now, I know that simple logic and reason are very difficult for you, I'l wait!!!
Maybe you should rephrase the question....

"Why does God have the same faults as man?" implies that all of the faults that all men can have is apparent in God as well.

In vengeful a fault?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The little kids that die are biblically innocent, their body dies but they don't perish.....
So you BELIEVE, but have no evidence that such a thing actually happens. Neurosurgeons know that even if a small part of the brain is damaged it can cause severe problems. People can't remember the names of tools, forget names of loved ones, are suddenly unable to walk or speak. But you tell me that if the entire brain is destroyed, these children don't PERISH. Neuroscience shows that when the brain is dead, life is extinguished. Since all we are resides in the brain, our memories, our intellect, everything about us is contained in the brain, and when the brain dies, so do we. Now, if you care to dispute what the experts in neurosurgery say is true, then be my guest. I know, your next statement deals with another magical device called a "SOUL." If a "soul" exists and is present i our bodies the medical science should be able to detect it right? OH, I forgot, its magical. Science can't discover Magical things like a soul, how convenient for you. You can make shit up, then say because it's magic science can't detect it, too friggin funny.

Once again you can't have a problem with then Sandy Hook incident, the children that died were biblically innocent, and they didn't perish. I'm sorry you think the slaughter of 20 little children is ok, most of us with compassion and caring are devastated. Another example of the damage that religion does to the mind.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Surrender?
Logic?
LMAO! You showed no logic, you asked a question...
blacklagoon wrote:
Why does your God possess the same faults as man?
And you simply denied that your God has the same faults as man, even after numerous examples were given. Turning a blind eye only shows how embarrassed you are by your demon Gods actions.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why does God have the same faults as man?" implies that all of the faults that all men can have is apparent in God as well.
In vengeful a fault?
Very well, I'l rephrase the question:

Why does God possess these faults that are present in man.

1.) Anger

2.) Vanity

3.) Vengeance

4.) Immorality

5.) Disregard for huma life

6.) Lack of compassion.

I'll start with these!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In vengeful a fault?
"Is vengeful a fault?" .....Vengeful...."Seeking to HARM someone in return for a perceived injury." What happened to the Christian doctrine of "Turn the other cheek?" Yeah, I think wanting to hurt anyone is certainly a fault. You apparently have no problem with people hurting other or even killing them, especial if they're little children. They're biblically innocent and will not perish.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So you BELIEVE, but have no evidence that such a thing actually happens. Neurosurgeons know that even if a small part of the brain is damaged it can cause severe problems. People can't remember the names of tools, forget names of loved ones, are suddenly unable to walk or speak. But you tell me that if the entire brain is destroyed, these children don't PERISH. Neuroscience shows that when the brain is dead, life is extinguished. Since all we are resides in the brain, our memories, our intellect, everything about us is contained in the brain, and when the brain dies, so do we. Now, if you care to dispute what the experts in neurosurgery say is true, then be my guest. I know, your next statement deals with another magical device called a "SOUL." If a "soul" exists and is present i our bodies the medical science should be able to detect it right? OH, I forgot, its magical. Science can't discover Magical things like a soul, how convenient for you. You can make shit up, then say because it's magic science can't detect it, too friggin funny.
Once again you can't have a problem with then Sandy Hook incident, the children that died were biblically innocent, and they didn't perish. I'm sorry you think the slaughter of 20 little children is ok, most of us with compassion and caring are devastated. Another example of the damage that religion does to the mind.
"all we are resides in the brain, our memories, our intellect, everything about us is contained in the brain, and when the brain dies, so do we"

You're a very opinioated little fella, aren't ya?

You're funny, keep going.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And you simply denied that your God has the same faults as man, even after numerous examples were given. Turning a blind eye only shows how embarrassed you are by your demon Gods actions.
You can't give me any examples of God having faults.

All you do is display your twisted representation of the Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Very well, I'l rephrase the question:
Why does God possess these faults that are present in man.
1.) Anger
2.) Vanity
3.) Vengeance
4.) Immorality
5.) Disregard for huma life
6.) Lack of compassion.
I'll start with these!!!
1. Godís anger is not arbitrary or petty; He is angry "with the wicked" Romans 1:18.

2. Vanity is wanting praise we don't deserve. God is a being of immeasurable worth who performs acts of immeasurable worth.

3. Vengence only belongs to God and He will repay.

4. You are completely impotent to define the term ďmoral".

5/6. While the atheist (you) may claim not to like Godís actions, if he admits that there is a legitimate standard of morality that is not based on subjective human whims, then he has forfeited his atheistic position.

If it is wrong for us to kill, then how can God kill so many in the Old Testament? The answer is, because God is God. The Author of life has the right to take life. IOW, man can't play God, but certainly God can play God.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"all we are resides in the brain, our memories, our intellect, everything about us is contained in the brain, and when the brain dies, so do we"
You're a very opinioated little fella, aren't ya?
You're funny, keep going.
That all of our memories, are intellect, our personalities, who we are as opposed to another human, all resides in our brains in a FACT. When our brains die, we as an organism die is a FACT. These FACTS are NOT my opinion, but are FACTS. Learn the difference between someone's opinion, "God exists." And a FACT, there is no supportive evidence that a God exists. See the difference?.........No I didn't think so!!!!
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Godís anger is not arbitrary or petty; He is angry "with the wicked" Romans 1:18.
2. Vanity is wanting praise we don't deserve. God is a being of immeasurable worth who performs acts of immeasurable worth.
3. Vengence only belongs to God and He will repay.
4. You are completely impotent to define the term ďmoral".
5/6. While the atheist (you) may claim not to like Godís actions, if he admits that there is a legitimate standard of morality that is not based on subjective human whims, then he has forfeited his atheistic position.
If it is wrong for us to kill, then how can God kill so many in the Old Testament? The answer is, because God is God. The Author of life has the right to take life. IOW, man can't play God, but certainly God can play God.
1.) ANGER is a human trait, period. I don't care what the catalyst is.

2.) VANITY is a human trait, period. Your Gods first 4 commandments deal with his sense of vanity.

3.) VENGENCE is a human trait, period. No vengeance does not belong only to God, we as human possess it.

4.) Morality is judged by society and is a product of society, not an invisible deity.

I'm glad you have demonstrated that your God has morals inferior to man's. I, You, the person next door, all of us have higher moral standards than your God. You may try and exempt your God for all moral standards, but in the end he looks like a complete psychopathic murderer, with little or no compassion. Compassion that is part of almost every human being, your God lacks. Thanks for showing us all why your God has earned the name "Demon God."

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God has proven Himself to me and to many others. You don't know what you're talking about.
<quoted text>
Or #6.... One chooses to believe in God because they know He's real.
You forgot that one.
<quoted text>
The original pronunciation is not known, "Yahweh" is the assumed way of saying YHWH.
YHWH is roughly tranlsated to "he who creates", with the Y being "he" and the HWH being "who creates" or "causes to be".
It's a description, not a name.
I created a baby and gave birth to him.
That makes me a "creator"..or more precisely, a "creatrix."
Hey, I'm a GODDESS!
You will address me henceforth as "Goddess!"

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) ANGER is a human trait, period. I don't care what the catalyst is.
2.) VANITY is a human trait, period. Your Gods first 4 commandments deal with his sense of vanity.
3.) VENGENCE is a human trait, period. No vengeance does not belong only to God, we as human possess it.
4.) Morality is judged by society and is a product of society, not an invisible deity.
I'm glad you have demonstrated that your God has morals inferior to man's. I, You, the person next door, all of us have higher moral standards than your God. You may try and exempt your God for all moral standards, but in the end he looks like a complete psychopathic murderer, with little or no compassion. Compassion that is part of almost every human being, your God lacks. Thanks for showing us all why your God has earned the name "Demon God."
Excellent post! Well said!

“I am but a humble duck.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
False. According to your Bible, babies are born in sin (Psalm 51:5) http://bible.cc/psalms/51-5.htm .
So, if babies are sinful, and the Bible is true, Romans 6:23 applies here, which says that the wages of sin are death. http://bible.cc/romans/6-23.htm
This is (one of) the problems with Christianity - it attempts to take the most heinous, inhumane, abhorrent things which have ever been written, and then tie them up with a pretty little bow and say that it's good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

357 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min River Tam 722,604
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min ocxz 115,882
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 10 min Twerkmybooty69 163
does parents like having sex infront of their k... (May '13) 11 min teague 70
Situs Poker Online terpercaya dan aman 21 min situspokeronline 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min AussieBobby 257,192
GMO foods and you! 1 hr Hidingfromyou 71
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Liam 533,887
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 9 hr bottom1980 484