Tony

Lynwood, CA

#3045 Dec 19, 2012
"The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

1 Peter 5:10
Tony

Lynwood, CA

#3046 Dec 19, 2012
Without Christians we would not have our modern Christian Western Civilization, and we would not have modern technology, etc etc etc.
Tony

Lynwood, CA

#3047 Dec 19, 2012
This life is a test, and God is watching the whole time, God even knows the thoughts in your head, and if you succeed in passing the test then you are rewarded by being allowed to go to Heaven, and if you fail the test then you burn in Hell for eternity.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3048 Dec 19, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why atheist and non-religious countries have less violence and crime.
Maybe it's something in their water that causes them to be mentally healthier.
LOL!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3049 Dec 19, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There is NO such thing as free will. Your God is ALL KNOWING, according to your doctrine, there is nothing that God doesn't know. That means he can see the future, can see whey you are going to do before you do it. Which means your God has already set a pathway for you to follow, you think you have free will and are making your own choice but your path has already been set for you. Free will is an illusion. Your God knew Eve would bite int the apple just as he knew what was going to happen at the elementary school, and he did nothing to stop it. The only way you can have complete free will is if you admit that your God is NOT all seeing, he does NOT know what then future holds, therefore he is NOT omnipotent.
Retard.

Knowing what's going to happen & preventing o allowing that thing to happen doesn't mean you don't have free will.

God sees what you do. Always. He knows what you're going to to and what you've already done.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3050 Dec 19, 2012
Redneck
God sees what you do. Always. He knows what you're going to do and what you've already done.

So god knows what you're going to do? Can you do anything other than that? Can you do anything other than what god has planned for you? Since god KNOWS whats going to happen before it happens then he could see what was going to take place at the Sandy Hook elementary school and did noting to prevent that horrific tragedy, why?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3051 Dec 19, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
Redneck
God sees what you do. Always. He knows what you're going to do and what you've already done.
So god knows what you're going to do? Can you do anything other than that? Can you do anything other than what god has planned for you? Since god KNOWS whats going to happen before it happens then he could see what was going to take place at the Sandy Hook elementary school and did noting to prevent that horrific tragedy, why?
Of God interfered at that school, that'd be taking away free will wouldn't it?

What God knows is like you memorizing a song. You can sing along perfectly but you can't change it - even though you know what's coming next....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3052 Dec 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What God knows is like you memorizing a song. You can sing along perfectly but you can't change it - even though you know what's coming next....
WHAT? GOD DOESN'T HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THE SONG? But God wrote the song, why can't he change it?

God sent Jesus to die for us, he made people kill Jesus, he planned it all, he can do that but not change other things in this world?

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#3053 Dec 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I agree.
It really sucks knowing that our society has degraded so much that schools need guards and metal detectors.
That's what happens when America decided to remove God from our schools back in the 60's.
40+ years of not teaching our kids about God is having an adverse effect on our nation.
You are exactly right.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#3054 Dec 19, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT? GOD DOESN'T HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE THE SONG? But God wrote the song, why can't he change it?
God sent Jesus to die for us, he made people kill Jesus, he planned it all, he can do that but not change other things in this world?
Thanks for sharing with us how mentally disturbed you are.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#3055 Dec 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true.

The atheists are realizing that the hatred of their cult has manifested itself now that 70+ school shootings have occurred since 1994 directly as a result of their atheistic teachings . Now that this has been exposed, their deflecting excuses are evolving rampantly.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3056 Dec 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you THANK YOU, finally someone who is willing to admit that your God IS NOT ALL POWERFUL. There is something that he CAN'T do. Therefore he is not only NOT omnipotent, he is completely useless. What else can't he do? He can create an entire cosmos, unnumbered stars and universes, he can create time and matter, manipulate molecules, create all life, trillions of species, but he can't change the song he wrote? I'm a composer and I can change the songs I write, see how superior I am to your god. Your god couldn't intervene in one of the most horrific events in modern times, because ........"he can't" so you say. Your God is totally useless. Thanks for confirming what I already knew.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3057 Dec 19, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy sucks, of course I can change the song it's called improvisation. Jazz musicians do it all the time. I can do it at will, not very hard at all.
blacklagoon

Hyde Park, MA

#3058 Dec 19, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true.
The atheists are realizing that the hatred of their cult has manifested itself now that 70+ school shootings have occurred since 1994 directly as a result of their atheistic teachings . Now that this has been exposed, their deflecting excuses are evolving rampantly.
How does it feel to worship a God that could have stopped innocent little children from being slaughtered, but did nothing. He sat a watched with arms folded with a smirk on his evil face. And this is the demon God you pray to. How do you sleep at night.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3059 Dec 19, 2012
Tony wrote:
Without Christians we would not have our modern Christian Western Civilization, and we would not have modern technology, etc etc etc.
In a wierd way you're sort of right. We would have much more advanced medicine and technology than we do now if we didn't have the superstitious xtians denouncing every advancement we've ever made.

Go back to your flat earth resting on 4 pillars, accept evolution as a proven fact, keep prayer away from innocent school children and let them acquire knowledge, stay out of politics, psychiatry and the medical field. Prayer does not heal, it has no effect at all. Yes, there have been scientific studies and the facts don't lie.

Most of all, quit trying to push your barbaric desert tribe myths down the throats of innocent bystanders and let other people live their own lives without your interference. Quit spamming these threads with irrelevant bible passages, get laid and get a life.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#3060 Dec 19, 2012
Tony wrote:
This life is a test, and God is watching the whole time, God even knows the thoughts in your head, and if you succeed in passing the test then you are rewarded by being allowed to go to Heaven, and if you fail the test then you burn in Hell for eternity.
Sounds like Santa Claus, he sees your every move and either rewards you with a toy or punishes you with a lump of coal. Sheeit man, try growing up, standing on your own two feet and grow a pair.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#3061 Dec 20, 2012
Redneck says that his "god" knows everything and can learn nothing new.

Let's see...so he is incredibly smart, totally alone with no friends or anyone to share this knowledge with, and can never be amazed or surprised or enjoy a joke (can't when you know the punchline).

Sounds like a recipe for insanity to me.
Oh wait....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3062 Dec 20, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course He can, He does't want or need to.

He gave us all the ability of rational, critical, moral thinking. Some people just decide to ignore it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3063 Dec 20, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you THANK YOU, finally someone who is willing to admit that your God IS NOT ALL POWERFUL. There is something that he CAN'T do. Therefore he is not only NOT omnipotent, he is completely useless. What else can't he do? He can create an entire cosmos, unnumbered stars and universes, he can create time and matter, manipulate molecules, create all life, trillions of species, but he can't change the song he wrote? I'm a composer and I can change the songs I write, see how superior I am to your god. Your god couldn't intervene in one of the most horrific events in modern times, because ........"he can't" so you say. Your God is totally useless. Thanks for confirming what I already knew.
<<<sigh>>>

Read the post again.......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#3064 Dec 20, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your analogy sucks, of course I can change the song it's called improvisation. Jazz musicians do it all the time. I can do it at will, not very hard at all.
When you change it, it's no longer the same song.

My analogy is perfect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min truth 560,464
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 778,332
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min truth 605,336
Moses never existed 29 min Khatru 827
Bingone (Nov '13) 31 min Bingone 13
The Topix Keepers (Dec '10) 33 min A noted Ferrerman 15,816
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 39 min Johnny 4,895
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,446
More from around the web