God is REAL - Miracles Happen!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2386 Oct 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Sure, black. I read those scriptures.
but..
Where in the Bible does it say that the earth is flat, as you accused?
Constant references to THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH. A Circle is NOT a sphere. There is no way these people could have possible known that the earth was a sphere.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2387 Oct 12, 2012
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Next we'll show you some rape stuff!!! Isn't this educational for you, you apparently have never read your bible, shame on you Christian!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2388 Oct 12, 2012
(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2389 Oct 12, 2012
(Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

I often wondered how they determined which of the young girls were virgins. Some kind of an examination maybe? How do you think they came to that conclusion? Need more? I have plenty if you want.

OK, now tell me again that God does not condone slavery or rape!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2390 Oct 12, 2012
Tony wrote:
One time I was homeless, and I was living in my pickup truck, and I got a job doing landscaping in Beverly Hills, and in West Los Angeles, and the office for the landscaping company was in Santa Monica. Well, I was starving while working sixteen hours a day and waiting for my paycheck, and I had not eaten for three days when payday finally came, and the secretary for the company told me that if I did not get there before the office closed that she would put my paycheck under the welcome mat. After working a sixteen hour day I was on my way to pick up my paycheck and I ran out of gas in Hollywood, and so I had to walk from Hollywood to Santa Monica. It was a long walk, and when I got to the office and when I looked under the welcome mat I found that my check was not there. Oh, I was pissed off, I beat up the trash-cans by the office, and I bloodied my hands beating up the trash-cans, and then I started the long walk back to Hollywood where my pick up truck was. I was starving, I had not eaten for three days, and I was mad because I had to go until the next morning to get my check so that I could eat, and I had to walk a million miles because my pick up was out of gas. As I was walking I walked by a store with a wine and cheese basket in the window, and there was a chunk of concrete on the sidewalk by the window, and I knew that all that I had to do was pick up that chunk of concrete and smash that window and then I could steal that wine and cheese basket and then I could eat. But I knew that God was watching me, and I do not steal, and so I continued my walk back to my pick up truck. As I arrived at my pick up, and right as I entered the cab, it began to pour down raining, and to me it was like God was watching, and God held back the rain until I was safely inside my pick up truck.
All of the best,
Tony V.
you're a sick man Tony, seek professional help before..........before........ .yeah I guess it is too late for you, sorry!!!! Witness all the rotting of the brain, as a result of overpowering delusions.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2391 Oct 12, 2012
Tony wrote:
I am a great person blacklagoon, and God made me who I am, and I have always been a Christian, as a man I do not steal, and as a Christian man I do not steal.
You're a shell of a human, the core that was once human has been eaten away by delusional thinking. You believe a fictitious being is watching your every move, and can actually affect your actions. The part of you that was once human, that cared about people, simply because they were your brothers and sister, and not because you were being judged from afar, has evaporated. In its place is a scared, delusional, religious fanatic. There is a disease named for people who are unable to tell what is real from what is only imagined, its called DELUSIONAL DISORDER, and there is a very special place were these poor people are put. You need psychiatric help Tony, soon!!!!!
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#2392 Oct 13, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You're a shell of a human, the core that was once human has been eaten away by delusional thinking. You believe a fictitious being is watching your every move, and can actually affect your actions. The part of you that was once human, that cared about people, simply because they were your brothers and sister, and not because you were being judged from afar, has evaporated. In its place is a scared, delusional, religious fanatic. There is a disease named for people who are unable to tell what is real from what is only imagined, its called DELUSIONAL DISORDER, and there is a very special place were these poor people are put. You need psychiatric help Tony, soon!!!!!
the reason why you have not experienced a Miracle is because, you are a devil. all you do is anal sex. you think you could outwit God by trying to explain why certain mircles happened. yet your end up with an idiotic explanation. and you criticize people experiencing miracles that they expeience some form of delusion. omg. is that how narrow your mind is ? people with delusions are admitted in a psychiatric ward. believers are normal people. you are the one who is not normal anymore. believers live a happy normal lives.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2393 Oct 13, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Constant references to THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH. A Circle is NOT a sphere. There is no way these people could have possible known that the earth was a sphere.
Yes, but... You said the Bible said the earth was flat.

"FLAT" you said.

All I'm asking is where does the bible say that?

Or admit you lied.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2394 Oct 13, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Constant references to THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH. A Circle is NOT a sphere. There is no way these people could have possible known that the earth was a sphere.
And no, there was not "constant references", except by you.

You changed the scripture and lied.

Why?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2395 Oct 13, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Must I lead you around by the nose? Read the whole thing numbnuts!!! Whats the matter, do you have an inversion to reading the bible?
Isaiah 40:18 Likeness will ye compare to him that sitteth on the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH?
Isaiah 40:21 Have ye not know him to sitteth on the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH?
Isaiah 40:22 He sitteth enthroned above the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy and spreads it out like a tent to live in.
Anyone with any brains would know that in biblical times they could never have known that the earth was a sphere.
40:18;
"With whom, then, will you compare God?
    To what image will you liken him?"

40:21;
"Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
    Have you not understood since the earth was founded?"

40:22;
"22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
    and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
    and spreads them out like a tent to live in."

----

You changed the writing & lied.

Why?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2396 Oct 13, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
Just for you REDNECK:
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare,'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.(Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)
You're a moron. The fact that the Hebrew servant was free to leave after six years makes it clear that this wasn't the typical 17th/18th century slave trading. There were clear restrictions, and clear protections by the law.
What happened here is that someone sold his time for six years for a single lump sum, to the person he would serve. Perhaps the servant had come indebted, or he wished to help his family or pay for medical expenses. His master pays a single sum, to the servant. The sum isn't paid to a slave trader. Slavery in the sense of enslaving people against their will was expressly forbidden, see verse 16.
Tony

United States

#2397 Oct 13, 2012
Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, October 13, 2012

— 1 Peter 5:8 —

"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

Satan's Plan:

Doubt — makes you question God's Word and his goodness;
Discouragement — makes you look at your problems rather than at God;
Diversion — makes the wrong things seem attractive so that you will want them more than the right things;
Defeat — makes you feel like a failure so that you don't even try;
Delay — makes you put off doing something so that it never gets done.

"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." — Ephesians 6:10-18

http://www.lehrmangroup.com/verse/
Melanie

United States

#2398 Oct 14, 2012
Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, October 14, 1012

— 2 Timothy 4:7-8 —

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day — and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

"A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul."
— Dwight L. Moody

http://www.lehrmangroup.com/verse/

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#2399 Oct 14, 2012
Beelzy wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are just proving how Christianity has made you mentally ill. Seek help.
I am so glad I could make you mad. Your atheism is so unfulfilling and useless.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2400 Oct 15, 2012
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
the reason why you have not experienced a Miracle is because, you are a devil. all you do is anal sex. you think you could outwit God by trying to explain why certain mircles happened. yet your end up with an idiotic explanation. and you criticize people experiencing miracles that they expeience some form of delusion. omg. is that how narrow your mind is ? people with delusions are admitted in a psychiatric ward. believers are normal people. you are the one who is not normal anymore. believers live a happy normal lives.
No, the reason I have never experienced a miracle is the same reason that NO miracles has ever been proven, by science. It's because they only occur in the minds of the delusional. Just think how a REAL miracle, that could be validated by science, would cement your belief in an imaginary God to the entire world. There would be no doubt as to a REAL God that performed REAL miracles. Have you never wondered why such a thing has never happened in the history of our species. 2,000 years of reported miracles, and not one supported by any evidence or scientific facts. Kinda of makes a NORMAL person know that there are NO SUCH THING AS MIRACLES, unless of course, you are a mentally unstable person with that dreaded metal illness called DELUSIONAL DISORDER. LOL
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2401 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but... You said the Bible said the earth was flat.
"FLAT" you said.
All I'm asking is where does the bible say that?
Or admit you lied.
Only an idiot would assume the word CIRCLE meant something other that FLAT. Could that be you perchance? Have you ever seen a circles that was a sphere? To an intelligent person the term CIRCLE OF THE EARTH could mean only ONE thing. Apparently beside reading and comprehension, you also flunked geometry!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2402 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And no, there was not "constant references", except by you.
You changed the scripture and lied.
Why?
I do grow tired of your inability to read and comprehend. But since It appears that my job is to educate you..........Isaiah 40:18 mentions CIRCLE OF THE EARTH

Isaiah 40:21 mentions CIRCLE OF THE EARTH

isaiah 40:22 mentions CIRCLE OF THE EARTH

I have posted all of these and more, you're just to embarrassed at what they say.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2403 Oct 15, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Only an idiot would assume the word CIRCLE meant something other that FLAT. Could that be you perchance? Have you ever seen a circles that was a sphere? To an intelligent person the term CIRCLE OF THE EARTH could mean only ONE thing. Apparently beside reading and comprehension, you also flunked geometry!!!
So then you lied, again, when you posted that the Bible said the Earth is flat.

Admit it.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2404 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
40:18;
"With whom, then, will you compare God?
    To what image will you liken him?"
40:21;
"Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
    Have you not understood since the earth was founded?"
40:22;
"22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
    and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
    and spreads them out like a tent to live in."
----
You changed the writing & lied.
Why?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa....Talk about dishonesty, READ THE WHOLE THING NUMBNUTS.\
Isaiah 40:18 ends with-------Likeness will ye compare to him that sitteth on the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH.

Isaiah 40:21 ends with--------Have you not know him sitteth on the....guess what, yep, CIRCLE OF THE EARTH.

Issiah 40:22 Its in the first paragraph as you have posted above ...He sits enthroned above the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH.

I changed nothing assclown, I read the whole thing and posted only what was necessary to point the fact that the bible says the earth was a circle, a FLAT CIRCLE.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#2405 Oct 15, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you lied, again, when you posted that the Bible said the Earth is flat.
Admit it.
So this is what your arguments comes down to, the definition of a circle!!! If you know of any other kind of circle beside one that is FLAT, please post it now, or apologize for being a complete idiot. You know perfectly well that the people of that time period had NO way of knowing the Earth was a sphere. Instead of reading your bible, which apparently you never do, and realizing thats what the bible says, you offer up this childish and completely pathetic argument over the definition of a circle. Truly pathetic, why aren't you terribly ashamed at your stupidity?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min lightbeamrider 989,691
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Ice Man 41,659
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Just Think 690,333
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 3 hr Smarter than you 98
Would the world have been better off...without ... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Smarter than you 120
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 4 hr Paul is dead 541
More from around the web