blacklagoon

Cambridge, MA

#2231 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Woah, Woah, Woah!!!
"science knows dark matter exists"......
um...
No they don't.
It's hypothosized. NOT known.
Try some more logic?
LOL
Educate yourself, please!!! As I said before science doesn't need to observe something to know it exists. Cosmologist KNOW dark matter exists because of it gravitational effects on visible matter, and radiation. They know enough about it to say that it makes up 84% of all the matter in the universe. It was first detected through the 'missing mass" in the orbital velocities of galaxies in clusters, along with rotational speed of galaxies. gravitational "lensing: of background objects further support its existence. Its existence is accepted by the mainstream scientific community.
Beelzy

Arlington, TX

#2232 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I love it when an atheist uses the Bible to prove their disbelief in God.
You just don't see the hypocracy in that, do you?
Besides, where'd you get your Bible lessons from?
You provide the Bible as the benchmark for your faith. Of course it would be used to show the fallacy of that faith. Why does that confuse you?
Beelzy

Arlington, TX

#2233 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I must've missed that part of the Bible where God throws a "wissy fit".....
LOL
Have you never cracked the Old Testament?
Beelzy

Arlington, TX

#2234 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I have had it proven to me that God is real. He has touched me. Literally. I used to be a skeptic & doubter just like you, black. But all along I kept an open mind to the possibility that God is real.
I now KNOW that He is.
Jerry Sandusky is your god?
Beelzy

Arlington, TX

#2235 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes of course you need Bible lessons. It's a 2,000 year old, historical text that takes a lot of coplex reading & discussion to fully understand it. It's not a novel nor does it read like a story book...
Tell me, what does Matthew 5:5 mean?
So, your god's desire was to so confuse the message that it has grown to 38,000 sects and still growing. Gotcha.
Beelzy

Arlington, TX

#2236 Oct 7, 2012
Intergalactic Clowns IV wrote:
>pop!<
(soapbubbles..)
Bath salts
blacklagoon

Cambridge, MA

#2237 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Math & science DO do marvelous things, I very much agree!
But where science falters is always in the human arrogance & assumption factor.
"I like your science, but I do not like your scientists. They are so unlike your science."
I just love these words you're using, arrogance and assumptions, friggin beautiful. How much arrogance does it take to believe that with EVERYTHING in the cosmos dying, that YOU are somehow so special that YOU deserve eternal life. Stars die, entire Galaxies are destroys, Planetary system swallow by black holes, our own sun and solar system on it's way to death, but YOU are SO VERY SPECIAL, you will never die, now that my boy is arrogance to the extreme.

Assumptions, You believe an invisible entity exists and watches your every move. Can peer into your most private thoughts a convict you of "thought crimes." You "assume" that life eternal waits you. You assume without any supporting evidence that this invisible mythical creature created all there is. NOW THATS SOME POWERFUL ASSUMPTIONS!!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2238 Oct 7, 2012
ya ya ya, black. I've heard.
They used to call it "empty spce" but it didn't quite fit into any of their calculations so they invented "dark matter" to justify their f_ucked up math.
But dark matter can NOT be proven.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2239 Oct 7, 2012
black, to answer your question.
Of course God is going to exhibit emotions. He does love. He is jealous. He created humans in His image, along with His emotions.
Wouldn't you get angry if a million ants raided your fridge, evwn though you warned them?
blacklagoon

Cambridge, MA

#2240 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
A challenge?
ooo lala!
OK.
But alas, YOU have no proofs of anything...
Unless of course you are the ONE that does.
Now your just treading water, you have no challenge for me because you know I'm right, so you simple spin your wheels. Too funny. As I said before I can prove anything that I know is factual, challenge me or piss off!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2241 Oct 7, 2012
Oh ya... The cosmos is dying...
In what, 40 billion years or something?
LOL
That's plenty long enough for the scientists that concluded that to not take the blame when they're wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2242 Oct 7, 2012
Ok black.
You said black matter exists.
Prove it.
Not the "actions" of it, but dark matter itself.
I'll wait.
Google it.
blacklagoon

Cambridge, MA

#2243 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes of course you need Bible lessons. It's a 2,000 year old, historical text that takes a lot of coplex reading & discussion to fully understand it. It's not a novel nor does it read like a story book...
Tell me, what does Matthew 5:5 mean?
So one does NOT take the bible literally? You warmly massage portion of it so it comes out sounding all warm and fuzzy? Whats that called, interpreting? Putting your own spin on it, BS. I guess that the only way you people can try and justify, SLAVERY, RAPE, GENOCIDE, SLAUGHTER, AND UNJUST LAWS. You do know that one of Gods laws requires a rape victim to marry her rapists with no possibility of divorce? Lets see what kind of interpreting you can do here. It takes no complex reading and discussion, don't flatter yourself or this immoral text.

Yes I know what Matthew 5.5 means. Its another one of those mind numbing concepts that has shackled your kind for centuries. "Blessed are the Meek for they shall inherit the earth." It has since ben taught to mean patients and long suffering. What a horrid minset. Those who patiently suffer unjust persecution. Sheep, Flock, Children of God, Meek, long suffering. This conjures up a world where happiness seems an impossibility. I'd much rather be a WOLF than a SHEEP. Holy shit, stand up on your two feet and be a man, fight unjust persecution, don't suffer patiently, fight for what is right. Sickening mindset, pitiful indeed.
blacklagoon

Cambridge, MA

#2244 Oct 7, 2012
Tony wrote:
Proof of the Healing Power of Prayer
Friday, April 6, 2012 12:28 PM
For the devout, there never has been any question — prayer has the power to heal. Now, more and more medical research from leading hospitals and universities across the United States has shown conclusively that a belief in God really is good for you, and can make you healthier, happier, and induce you to live longer to boot.
“Studies have shown prayer can prevent people from getting sick, and when they do get sick, prayer can help them get better faster,” Duke University’s Dr. Harold G. Koenig tells Newsmax.
An exhaustive analysis of more than 1,500 reputable medical studies “indicates people who are more religious and pray more have better mental and physical health,” Koenig says.“And out of 125 studies that looked at the link between health and regular worship, 85 showed regular churchgoers live longer.
Dr. Koenig, director of Duke’s Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health, and the author of several authoritative books on faith and healing, says a striking study published in the Southern Medical Journal last year demonstrated that prayer has a remarkable effect on patients with hearing and visual deficiencies. After prayer sessions,“They showed significant improvements based on audio and visual tests,” Koenig says.
What’s more, he says,“The benefits of devout religious practice, particularly involvement in a faith community and religious commitment, are that people cope better. In general, they cope with stress better, they experience greater well-being because they have more hope, they're more optimistic, they experience less depression, less anxiety, and they commit suicide less often.” He adds,“They have stronger immune systems, lower blood pressure, and probably better cardiovascular functioning.”
Read more: Proof of the Healing Power of Prayer
http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/headline_health/...
Of course your information is wrong. There have been exhaustive studies on the power of prayer, all come up with no evidence that prayer does anything. I'll grant you that certain mind calming activities like praying may lower blood pressure but that can be done just as effectively throughout meditation.

The DUKE STUDY on the healing power of prayer came up totally empty. The STEP PROJECT also came up with no visible proof that prayer works. Part of this project was a Catholic priest father Dean Marek, he was a principal investigator on the project. Once it was determined that this exhaustive study yielded no evidence that intercessory prayed worked, father Marek and others tried desperately to account for why prayers do not work within a theological context, but they are to be commended for accepting the data and admitting that prayers did not work. In father Dean Marek's own words "It does not appear-based on the scientific evidence, that a God exists who answers prayers in any significant way.

Of course the nail in the coffin for prayers being answered, is the KNOWN FACT that prays as hard as they can, no amputees has EVER had their prayers answered and grown a new missing limb. Why do you suppose God so hates amputee's?
blacklagoon

Cambridge, MA

#2246 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
ya ya ya, black. I've heard.
They used to call it "empty spce" but it didn't quite fit into any of their calculations so they invented "dark matter" to justify their f_ucked up math.
But dark matter can NOT be proven.
I explained this to you in my post #2231, do you have reading comprehension problems? Just wondering.
blacklagoon

Cambridge, MA

#2247 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
black, to answer your question.
Of course God is going to exhibit emotions. He does love. He is jealous. He created humans in His image, along with His emotions.
Wouldn't you get angry if a million ants raided your fridge, evwn though you warned them?
So your God besides being incredibly immoral has absolutely no control over his emotions? "He does love." Oh really, he loves his children so he slaughters them when his anger gets away from him? Is this the God you guys think is so loving, yikes!!!!

If I created the ants, I would have created into them the desire to search for food, and if I truly knew this and loved the little guys, I might be upset but knowing this was my doing, would nerve harm them. See how much more adult and moral I am than your God. Maybe you should worship me> LOL
blacklagoon

Cambridge, MA

#2248 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh ya... The cosmos is dying...
In what, 40 billion years or something?
LOL
That's plenty long enough for the scientists that concluded that to not take the blame when they're wrong.
So you believe science is wrong in their prediction that the sun is dying? What might you base this idiotic belief on? Do you really think science doesn't know approximately when the sun will use up the last of its fuel?
blacklagoon

Cambridge, MA

#2249 Oct 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ok black.
You said black matter exists.
Prove it.
Not the "actions" of it, but dark matter itself.
I'll wait.
Google it.
I do grow weary of trying to educate you theists. Science doesn't have to OBSERVE something to have information about it. They can't see gravity, or radio waves, or sound waves, or cosmic rays, or radiation, or the OBITAL PERIOD OF PLUTO, but the KNOW all exist. I'll resort to a kindergarten analogy, just for you. you know the little scotty dog magnets, one white one black, and when they get near each other they jump ands stick together. Thats called magnetism. Now can you see the force that causes the little dog to stick together? Get the point junior!!!

You have my permission to stick your scientifically ignorant Theist head in the sand. The mainstream scientific community, hundreds of thousands of dedicated hard working scientists and cosmologist accept the FACT that dark matter exists, I think I'll believe what they say. Hey, maybe your one of those who harbor the scientific conspiracy theory. That thousand s of scientist world-wide have secretly banded together to foil all religious beliefs. Creationists believe this whole heartedly. You should join their ranks!!!!

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#2250 Oct 7, 2012
Beelzy wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you don't consider infinite torture for the finite crime of disagreeing with your limited worldview as hateful. Go figure.
You'll be swimming and splashing in a lake of tormentous fire pondering for eternity why you were such a waste in this life. You deserve infinite torture, and when you are getting it, you'll know full well as to why you're getting your torture.(I think you know now).

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#2251 Oct 7, 2012
Justin Alias wrote:
Before long this thread will be right at the top with all the other arguing churches.
Our church (now with 5 campuses , 3 services each) uses this thread to show to others why they should flee from atheists and their agenda, and crush it to the ground.

It speaks volumes for itself as to why Christianity wins and atheism loses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min lightbeamrider 775,460
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Aura Mytha 265,161
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min eyeful 559,550
Moses never existed 6 min Khatru 756
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min eyeful 175,660
® ELECTROLÜX ( 2O2 8O OI ) ELECTROLUX ® Sariye... 9 min electrofersen 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min eyeful 605,034
More from around the web