God is REAL - Miracles Happen!
Tony

Studio City, CA

#2155 Oct 3, 2012
I have compassion for animals, and I worked with animals for years, aside from having the responsibility of taking care of animals as a child. When I was a child my family owned livestock, and I had to get up in the morning and feed the cattle and horses before I had breakfast, it was good for me, and I learned responsibility at a very young age. I also did work in the fields with my family. Then, when I was nine years old, just before my tenth birthday, my father died, and my mother became a poor widow with three children to raise, and my mother worked hard but we were still poor, and my mother refused to accept welfare and foodstamps no matter how poor and hungry we were, so at ten years old I bathed and brushed dogs for my grandmother who was a dog groomer to help to bring food into the house so that we could eat, at ten years old I already knew what it was like to work a twelve hour day bathing and brushing dogs so that we could eat. My grandmother taught me that if you want to eat you have to work, even as a child, and I worked hard off as a child so that I could eat. I also mowed my neighbors' lawns for money, and did other jobs as a kid. Then as a teen I worked at a summer camp for the Burbank YMCA for two summers, and that is how I saved money to buy my first car. By the time I was eighteen years old I managed a dog kennel where I worked bathing and brushing dogs for my grandmother when I was younger, I earned the respect of the World War II Marine veteran who owned the dog kennel and he put me in charge of his whole business, I managed his whole business for him at eighteen years old. I managed the dog kennel for six years. I was an at risk child, because my father died when I was a child, and because we were poor, but I learned responsibility young, I learned that if you are honest and if you work hard you can earn money to eat, and I never had any problems with the law or anything, I was never on drugs, I never committed any crimes, and I always had good character.(Of course, it also helped me that my mother made sure that I had a good Christian foundation, and she took me to church every Sunday as a child, and so I have always been a good Christian.) So, it is good for poor and at risk youth to have the opportunity to work as a child so that they can learn to earn their own food and stuff like I did, it teaches children responsibility, it teaches them to be grateful for what they have, etc, etc, etc, and it teaches them to do honest work and it helps to keep them out of trouble and away from drugs and stuff. I have compassion for animals, I love animals, and I worked with animals for years. Taking care of people's animals is like baby-sitting their children, and I took my job at the kennel very seriously, and I took very good care of the animals, and it was good for me.

On the issue of children, I am totally pro-life, and I am totally against abortion. Abortion is horrible.

All of the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Studio City, CA

#2156 Oct 3, 2012
Let me correct the error, sorry about that, let me post that part again...

My grandmother taught me that if you want to eat you have to work, even as a child, and I worked hard as a child so that I could eat.
Tony

Studio City, CA

#2157 Oct 3, 2012
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

Colossians 3:23-24

Since: Oct 12

Los Angeles, CA

#2158 Oct 3, 2012
Tony wrote:
I have compassion for animals, and I worked with animals for years, aside from having the responsibility of taking care of animals as a child. When I was a child my family owned livestock, and I had to get up in the morning and feed the cattle and horses before I had breakfast, it was good for me, and I learned responsibility at a very young age. I also did work in the fields with my family. Then, when I was nine years old, just before my tenth birthday, my father died, and my mother became a poor widow with three children to raise, and my mother worked hard but we were still poor, and my mother refused to accept welfare and foodstamps no matter how poor and hungry we were, so at ten years old I bathed and brushed dogs for my grandmother who was a dog groomer to help to bring food into the house so that we could eat, at ten years old I already knew what it was like to work a twelve hour day bathing and brushing dogs so that we could eat. My grandmother taught me that if you want to eat you have to work, even as a child, and I worked hard off as a child so that I could eat. I also mowed my neighbors' lawns for money, and did other jobs as a kid. Then as a teen I worked at a summer camp for the Burbank YMCA for two summers, and that is how I saved money to buy my first car. By the time I was eighteen years old I managed a dog kennel where I worked bathing and brushing dogs for my grandmother when I was younger, I earned the respect of the World War II Marine veteran who owned the dog kennel and he put me in charge of his whole business,(Of course, it also helped me that my mother made sure that I had a good Christian foundation, and she took me to church every Sunday as a child, and so I have always been a good Christian.) So, it is good for poor and at risk youth to have the opportunity to work as a child so that they can learn to earn their own food and stuff like I did, it teaches children responsibility, it teaches them to be grateful for what they have, etc, etc, etc, and it teaches them to do honest work and it helps to keep them out of trouble and away from drugs and stuff. I have compassion for animals, I love animals, and I worked with animals for years. Taking care of people's animals is like baby-sitting their children, and I took my job at the kennel very seriously, and I took very good care of the animals, and it was good for me.
On the issue of children, I am totally pro-life, and I am totally against abortion. Abortion is horrible.
All of the best,
Tony V.
Abortion is horrible, but shooting innocent animals with a gun when you don't need them for food is fine. Really?

Like I said, most people don't really stop to think about this, because, unfortunately, cruelty to other non-human beings is so common in our culture. It seems normal. I'm suggesting it's not, or should not be. And it's not a matter of being noble and compassionate either. It's an environmental issue as well. Humans are increasingly seeing the bad results of thinking only about themselves, and not how they fit into the overall scheme of their environment. Keeping (enslaving) animals for food damages the environment. Meat takes far more water and feed than simply raising plants for food, which means meat takes up more land that it needs to. Land which it pollutes.

Anyway, if you are going to take morality seriously, don't take a narrow view. Be consistent is what I'm saying. It's cognitive dissonance to rail against abortion yet shoot a deer with a gun. You can't love animals if you enslave and kill them. And you can't respect the Earth, or other people living on it either.

United States

#2159 Oct 3, 2012
That beings up a good question: Christians seem to alternatively reject the world as evil and then maintain that we must respect the Earth and be good stewards of it. Which is it? If your religion says that the goal is to go to some other alternate existence after death, doesn't that imply that the Earth is an unimportant phase we pass through? Doesn't Christianity teach that the world belongs to Satan? Might as well let it go to Hell then, right?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2160 Oct 3, 2012
Look, Ann, you can either kill a cow & eat it or you can kill a plant & eat it. That's just the way it is. As Tony said, it's your choice to not eat meat. It's NOT your choice if others eat meat....

Los Angeles, CA

#2161 Oct 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Look, Ann, you can either kill a cow & eat it or you can kill a plant & eat it. That's just the way it is. As Tony said, it's your choice to not eat meat. It's NOT your choice if others eat meat....
Life feeds on death. That is inevitable. But, is it really the same thing to kill a sentient being as a plant, which, as far as we know, is not sentient? Moreover, animals take many more resources to raise, and have a larger impact on the environment.

I have no idea where you get the idea I'm trying to tell anyone what to eat. I can't make anyone do anything, and I would not if I was able anyway. I'm having a discussion about morality. I'm pointing out one of the flaws in Christian ideology.

Los Angeles, CA

#2162 Oct 4, 2012
So, anyone going to answer my question about whether the Earth matters or not, from a Christian standpoint?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2163 Oct 4, 2012
Ann Thrope wrote:
<quoted text>
Life feeds on death. That is inevitable. But, is it really the same thing to kill a sentient being as a plant, which, as far as we know, is not sentient? Moreover, animals take many more resources to raise, and have a larger impact on the environment.
I have no idea where you get the idea I'm trying to tell anyone what to eat. I can't make anyone do anything, and I would not if I was able anyway. I'm having a discussion about morality. I'm pointing out one of the flaws in Christian ideology.
All I see that you're pointing out is that you think it's a flaw to eat meat & to slaughter animals for food so therefore, in your opinion, Christianity is flawed, too....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2164 Oct 4, 2012
Ann Thrope wrote:
So, anyone going to answer my question about whether the Earth matters or not, from a Christian standpoint?
What question?

United States

#2166 Oct 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
All I see that you're pointing out is that you think it's a flaw to eat meat & to slaughter animals for food so therefore, in your opinion, Christianity is flawed, too....
Do you want me to say it again then?

Los Angeles, CA

#2167 Oct 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What question?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TBIBCTH...
Tony

Studio City, CA

#2169 Oct 5, 2012
Daily Bible Verse

Matthew 7:6

"Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast you your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."
Tony

Studio City, CA

#2170 Oct 5, 2012
Christians should do good to all people, but Christians should especially do good to other Christians, the Christians need to help other Christians, and the Christians need to work together as a team.

----

Galatians 6:10
New International Version (NIV)

"Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."
Tony

Studio City, CA

#2171 Oct 5, 2012
Ann, on the issue of the earth, God created the earth, and God gave man stewardship of the earth, and God alllowed man to name all of the animals. It is up to us to be good stewards of the earth.

All of the best,

Tony V.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2172 Oct 5, 2012
Ann, to answer your question, yes it is morally acceptable to slaughter animals for food.
Is is NOT acceptable to abuse them.
God gave us all animals to control, eat & use. And they're very useful.
Tony

Studio City, CA

#2173 Oct 5, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ann, to answer your question, yes it is morally acceptable to slaughter animals for food.
Is is NOT acceptable to abuse them.
God gave us all animals to control, eat & use. And they're very useful.
Yes, that is absolutely true.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#2174 Oct 5, 2012
Thank you, Tony.
God bless
Tony

Studio City, CA

#2175 Oct 5, 2012
Thank you Redneck!

May God bless you too!
Tony

Studio City, CA

#2176 Oct 5, 2012
Some of you may enjoy this...

Some children here at my apartment complex wanted to put on a show for everyone, and so they went door to door and the children invited everyone to come to their show, and so I shot video of their show for them. Their parents thanked me for shooting the video, and they asked me to put some of it on the web so that they can share it with their friends. The kids want to shoot more, they loved being in front of the camera, and some of the other kids here want to participate next time, so we will be shooting more in the future. The manager was happy too, she thanked me for shooting the video, and she said that it is a good activity for the kids. The arts are awesome, and I love seeing children get interested in the arts, it was a pleasure to shoot for them, and they really had fun, it was totally cool.

Here is a video of some children here at my apartment complex singing...

http://tinyurl.com/6ogd5ex

It would be cool if these kids had a singing coach, and acting coach, and dance teacher, and stuff, and it would be cool to have a writer to write scenes for short videos of them acting, etc. I have a tape of singing exercises from The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, but I do not have a way to make copies. These kids love being in front of the camera, and it is a great activity for them.

There is an apartment complex in Palmdale, California, where a guy got all of the kids together to make a film, he taught the kids about all of the aspects of filmmaking, and they made their own film. Stuff like that is cool. It would be cool if something like that could happen here. I could teach the children some stuff, and I could work with them, but it would be cool to have some other people with experience and training to help. We will see what I can do. Meanwhile, I told the children to keep practicing.

All of the very best,

Tony V.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min WildWeirdWillie 52,119
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min another viewer 992,000
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 693,268
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 445,992
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Edthirty 286,690
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 2 hr Holy dr Shrink 21
‘Trump’s a racist’ — Marcia, Marcia, Ma... 5 hr Dipsy doodle 3
More from around the web