Comments
61 - 80 of 210 Comments Last updated Sep 10, 2007

“END THE FED!”

Since: Feb 07

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#68 Aug 3, 2007
Longshanks wrote:
I say this with a brown paper bag over my head.... The Vikings..........Go Vikes..
I don't know if they play the Colts this year but if they do its the only for sure win they will have. I expect them to lose the rest.
Have a good day PP!!
;)
Hee hee! If that's our only loss, that'll be great! I'd much rather lose to the Vikings than the Patsies or a left coast team anyday!

“END THE FED!”

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#69 Aug 3, 2007
Tamara24 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I am the oldest as well, with two younger brothers. Sounds like you had a fun childhood!
My football interest don't go back that far, unfortunately. I married into it. lol, but now I love it! pro and college. I love NASCAR, hockey, and college basketball due to him. You ever notice, we tend to become more and more like our spouses all the time? Well it was nice chatting, I will sure come visit y'all at the Pub. Thanks for the invite!
NFL, NCAA football and basketball, IRL (being from Indy, we had no choice), NASCAR, and even bull-riding! But football is my favorite!
Hammurabi

Denver, CO

#70 Aug 3, 2007
Tamara24 wrote:
<quoted text>As long as you're smiling, its all good!=) So what are your interests if not football?
Mostly soccer. Some basketball (college, esp.). Various other stuff.

I outgrew football around the end of high school. It (the NFL) bores the life out of me and essentially has become almost indistinguishable from a combination infomercial and WWE.

I can only stand Ohio State football because the connection to the school runs way deeper than even the fact that I grew up a Browns fan in NE Ohio. Ohio State has been too much of a part of my identity to totally break away.
Hammurabi

Denver, CO

#71 Aug 3, 2007
To paraphrase George Will:

"Football encompasses the worst tendencies of America: committee meetings, punctuated by violence"

“It Ain't Easy Being Me”

Since: Jun 07

Minneapolis, MN

#72 Aug 3, 2007
paisleyposey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee hee! If that's our only loss, that'll be great! I'd much rather lose to the Vikings than the Patsies or a left coast team anyday!
Being from MN, I'm a big Dungy fan. So I'm glad they won it last year and hope they can repeat, but its to bad the Edge couldn't have been there for the big season!!
American

Springfield, MO

#73 Aug 3, 2007
More "Bread and Circuses" while America falls apart!

“END THE FED!”

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#74 Aug 3, 2007
Hammurabi wrote:
To paraphrase George Will:
"Football encompasses the worst tendencies of America: committee meetings, punctuated by violence"
I love George Will, and am dismayed he thinks that way!
It's NOT like the wwf, in that there is incredible athleticism on display in the NFL, unscripted and chaotic.
Kudos to OSU in last year's season! I REALLY wanted you guys to beat the 'Semiholes'! I'm a ND fan, who was actually in New Orleans for that spanking at the Sugar Bowl (the LSU fans went beyond good sportsmanship, afterward in the French Quarter. Because of that, I'll root against them for the rest of my life--even though I spent almost half my life there.) You guys got our Oden for basketball.(sour grapes taste crappy!) But being a Big Ten loyalist, I root for you guys too.

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#75 Aug 3, 2007
paisleyposey wrote:
<quoted text>
NFL, NCAA football and basketball, IRL (being from Indy, we had no choice), NASCAR, and even bull-riding! But football is my favorite!
Yeah I like Indy racing too. One of these years I will get to go! Has to be the Indy 500 though! Bull riding heh? Do you go to a lot of rodeos? Or do you ride?{Save a horse, ride a cowboy}~lol~ Sorry had to ask! <smacks herself, on the back of the head> get your mind outta the gutter!! Well dear I am certain to see you at the pub, and ! would love to buy ya a round and chat more.....
Hammurabi

Denver, CO

#76 Aug 3, 2007
paisleyposey wrote:
It's NOT like the wwf, in that there is incredible athleticism on display in the NFL, unscripted and chaotic.
It's one of the most scripted sports ever to exist. Instead of Vince McMahon, the hierarchy of coaches give all the orders.
Kudos to OSU in last year's season! I REALLY wanted you guys to beat the 'Semiholes'!
Thanks. That whole thing sucked.
I'm a ND fan...
I'm sorry.

“END THE FED!”

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#77 Aug 3, 2007
Hammurabi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's one of the most scripted sports ever to exist. Instead of Vince McMahon, the hierarchy of coaches give all the orders.
<quoted text>
Thanks. That whole thing sucked.
<quoted text>
I'm sorry.
We are going to have SO much fun this season! See you here! It'll all come out in the wash!

“END THE FED!”

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#78 Aug 3, 2007
Tamara24 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I like Indy racing too. One of these years I will get to go! Has to be the Indy 500 though! Bull riding heh? Do you go to a lot of rodeos? Or do you ride?{Save a horse, ride a cowboy}~lol~ Sorry had to ask! <smacks herself, on the back of the head> get your mind outta the gutter!! Well dear I am certain to see you at the pub, and ! would love to buy ya a round and chat more.....
Ha Ha Ha! I did ride a cowboy for a few months!
(WOOHOO!)
That's all in the past, however, and we do attend the rodeo circuit. It so dangerous and exciting, we're addicted!
You owe me a drink, Little Lady!

“why did I miss this?”

lapeer, Michigan

#79 Aug 3, 2007
the dreaded detroit lions <hides face under brown paper bag>

“why did I miss this?”

lapeer, Michigan

#80 Aug 3, 2007
Tamara24 wrote:
**BUMP**
All right y'all. Its getting ugly again, let lighten it up! Lets talk some more football, or at least something that is cheerful.=)
I "hope" I can be "cheerful" when my detroit lions play a gome this year!! maybe I'm being "hopeful"!

“why did I miss this?”

lapeer, Michigan

#81 Aug 3, 2007

are you ready for some football?
best football plays ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ex-Floridian

Attleboro, MA

#82 Aug 3, 2007
Tina wrote:
Are you ready for some footballllllllllll!!!!. Go Miami, kill he patriots. I would like to see Miami go all the way, but like always they will screw it up once they get to the play offs. Well here goes another year of wishing.
Playoff?? Playoffs?? Not with Harrington at the helm. You can award the Patriots the AFC East right now.(And I'm a Jets fan)
Jets Fan

Attleboro, MA

#83 Aug 3, 2007
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>..........
He might pull an OJ too but he won't be playing anytime soon this year. He's suspended until at the very least November and in case you don't know this, the NFL season ends in December with playoffs to follow. So, I think we can put his contribution to a Super Bowl appearance on the back burner right now.
He was never that good any way.

“why did I miss this?”

lapeer, Michigan

#84 Aug 3, 2007
Ex-Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
Playoff?? Playoffs?? Not with Harrington at the helm. You can award the Patriots the AFC East right now.(And I'm a Jets fan)
Joey Harrington is going to be the starter for the falcons this year. Trent green will be the starter for Miami.
Hammurabi

Akron, OH

#85 Aug 3, 2007
paisleyposey wrote:
<quoted text>
We are going to have SO much fun this season! See you here! It'll all come out in the wash!
Eh??

“I'll Sleep When I'm Dead”

Since: Jul 07

Tamaqua, PA

#86 Aug 3, 2007
You mean "Go Pack Fudge".

Go Vikes!!!

(Try not to get too offended. Just a little pre-season banter.) ;)
Rick wrote:
Packers
Go Pack!

“I'll Sleep When I'm Dead”

Since: Jul 07

Tamaqua, PA

#87 Aug 3, 2007
C'mon Longshanks. New owner, new coach, new stadium on the way. Looks like a possible rebirth to me. Miracles CAN happen...as long as no boat trips are involved.
Longshanks wrote:
I say this with a brown paper bag over my head.... The Vikings..........Go Vikes..
I don't know if they play the Colts this year but if they do its the only for sure win they will have. I expect them to lose the rest.
Have a good day PP!!
;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Buck Crick 732,839
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Aura Mytha 599,854
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 538,836
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min yon 2,420
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 226,293
ECAU READ Bolt on hybrid system for fleet v... 7 min Stock Tip 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Pegasus 257,883
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••