|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

beakerjo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, that's where I "borrowed" the name from! Actually, when I was working as a bench chemist, someone else had the same initials as me, so I had to come up with a different screen name to use on the lab's computer system, so I chose Beakerjo (the "jo" is part of my real name).
So, did you have fun at Disney World? We used to live 1-1/2 hrs. away from there, years ago, and used to go all the time (one of my aunts worked there, and would get free tickets, every 3 mos.).
The best time to go is in the evenings, because the lines tend to be shorter!
Chicken recipes -- sure! What are you looking for, I may have it in my files?
I "moved" this site over from the Topix Forum, because, for some reason, it kept vanishing from people's trackers.(Hope it stays visible, here!)
it was a great time of year to go, because it really wasnt crowded. yes and no, i enjoyed it, but not as much as when we took the kids when they were little. i really dont think i want to go back, only because a few years ago i had a back operation and every time i went on something i worried if it might be to fast or jerky a ride.(i felt bad for the hubby, because i was so paranoid but i really did do most of them) but i do have a grandaughter now, so never say never.:O)
Good Luck with the new place, i know it will be great because of u!

“stand up and be counted”

Since: Apr 07

Doncaster.S.Yorkshire. England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

beakerjo wrote:
Question: What does one do, when one's "roomie" snores LOUDLY??? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated! And note: Rolling him over doesn't work, because he's able to snore while sleeping on his stomach. OY!!!
Put your hand on his thigh......
If that doesn't work to your satisfaction, pick his nose.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

And if that doesn't work, wake him up and tell him to go home.
really serious

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

beakerjo wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: We have cousins living in Basking Ridge, NJ -- do you live anywhere near there??(They're actually hubby's cousins.)
actually ive never heard of this place, i live in s. jersey (wash twp), but i grew up in philly. came to jersey because of better schools, the kids were in catholic school and my daughter was ready to go to high school, didnt want to spend the money for cat. high and college, so... the rest is history.
lived here for 16 yrs now. love it!
but:
to tell u the truth im lucky if i know how to find my way out of my own development, really bad, i only know my way around places by "sights"

which store is where. ha ha

good luck beaker!

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Judged:

really serious wrote:
<quoted text>
it was a great time of year to go, because it really wasnt crowded. yes and no, i enjoyed it, but not as much as when we took the kids when they were little. i really dont think i want to go back, only because a few years ago i had a back operation and every time i went on something i worried if it might be to fast or jerky a ride.(i felt bad for the hubby, because i was so paranoid but i really did do most of them) but i do have a grandaughter now, so never say never.:O)
Good Luck with the new place, i know it will be great because of u!
Oh, you're sweet to say so! But these threads are really group efforts, and it takes the camaraderie of a group to make a site successful!!

As for the fast rides: I hear ya! My poor ole ticker ain't what it used to be, so no more riding the roller coasters over & over & over & over!*wink* Ah, to be young, again!

How old is your grandaughter? I don't have any grandchildren, yet, so I enjoy those that my friends have!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Judged:

really serious wrote:
<quoted text>
....to tell u the truth im lucky if i know how to find my way out of my own development, really bad, i only know my way around places by "sights"
which store is where. ha ha
good luck beaker!
That sounds like me! We've moved 5 times, and to 4 different states, in the past 30 yrs.(each time a corporate transfer) & each time I have to rely on street maps to get from Points A to Points B. Can you say "Directionally Challenged"?! LOL Luckily, this last move was to a community where we previously had set down roots, so we were thrilled!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Judged:

rods1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Put your hand on his thigh......
If that doesn't work to your satisfaction, pick his nose.
NOSE?? Eeewwwww! HAHA! Nope -- I'm serious about the snoring: NOTHING has worked, so far (and I've been trying for 30 YEARS!). It's a good thing he can COOK.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

beakerjo wrote:
<quoted text>
NOSE?? Eeewwwww! HAHA! Nope -- I'm serious about the snoring: NOTHING has worked, so far (and I've been trying for 30 YEARS!). It's a good thing he can COOK.
Well congratulations to you beakerjo.
There's not many people who can cook in their sleep. Although my father once told me that before he was married, his sister got up and cooked the Sunday dinner,[roast and all] went back to bed, and remembered nothing about it.
Flower-Child

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

>>warning<< >>warning<< sleep studies require ALOT of gel on your head, chest and lower part of your legs so the electrodes can stick...There are no instructions on how the heck to get the gel off your head ... bummer

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

FC just sent me over here. Hope y'all don't mind if I stop in sometimes. Well everyone knows what I do best. So here we go. Hope I'm not the only one who rem,embers this. haha. "playground In My Mind" http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Flower-Child

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

>>walks in hair all wind blown<< flyaway hair I think it's called
>>smiles and waves,'Hiya' everyone...How's it going? >>to the bar for rootbeer<< foaming over top of frozen mug ... yum yum ... has foam mustache, lol
Flower-Child

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

jimmy48 wrote:
FC just sent me over here. Hope y'all don't mind if I stop in sometimes. Well everyone knows what I do best. So here we go. Hope I'm not the only one who rem,embers this. haha. "playground In My Mind" http://www.youtube.com/watch...
>>singing and swaying cuz she's got a penny<< just made that up, Huh?
Hey there J48...glad you made it...can I get you a beverage? Glad you stopped by ... here's the menu ... >>slides menu down the bar<< kitchen is open
Flower-Child

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Hello there SirRods1, BJ, RS, & anyone I might have missed.... >>group hug<<
Flower-Child

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

rods1 wrote:
HELLLOOOOO.
Anybody in? It's alright this moving about and whatnot, but somebody nicked my beer in the confusion. I was that upset, I stormed out of the place and walked slap bang into one of the streetlamps.
I went to the docs' with blood all over the place, and he gave me a note for work that said I was suffering from post nasal depression.
Could I have a Riggwelter please, straight from the sheeps thingy?
>>cups hand over mouth<< LOLOL
pretty good R1 ... ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Judged:

FlowerChild wrote:
>>warning<< >>warning<< sleep studies require ALOT of gel on your head, chest and lower part of your legs so the electrodes can stick...There are no instructions on how the heck to get the gel off your head ... bummer
Hiya Flowerchild!!!! Good to see your smiling face!! So, how was "Dreamland"??? DO TELL!! LOL

As per the gel in your hair: Have you tried Dawn Dish Detergent?? That stuff cuts grease pretty well on dishes, so why not hair? Either that, or try lemon juice -- that works good, too. Then, wash a 2nd time with your usual shampoo (to get rid of the Dawn deterg. and/or lemon juice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Judged:

jimmy48 wrote:
Hey there, jimmy48!!! I was hoping you'd find this place!!! Please, if you want, invite some of your friends to come, too!

I LOVE bubblegum music!! We must be close in age?! I'll bet we were raised with the same tunes...

Remember this one?

http://youtube.com/watch...
Flower-Child

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

beakerjo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Flowerchild!!!! Good to see your smiling face!! So, how was "Dreamland"??? DO TELL!! LOL
As per the gel in your hair: Have you tried Dawn Dish Detergent?? That stuff cuts grease pretty well on dishes, so why not hair? Either that, or try lemon juice -- that works good, too. Then, wash a 2nd time with your usual shampoo (to get rid of the Dawn deterg. and/or lemon juice.
Hiya BJ...no dreamland for me...tossing and turning and hoping the sheet stayed on me so I wouldn't be scoped out by the technician who had me on video...It gives a new meaning to the video that R1 has of you..haha

Yep, got it all out ... scrub scrub...Rolling Stones had an album, Sticky Fingers...

Doc called...all is normal...I guess snoring is "normal"...LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

Judged:

<head bobbing, dancing in the kitchen... better check those pots, boiling over on the stove! LOL>

Next tune:

Flower-Child

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

beakerjo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there, jimmy48!!! I was hoping you'd find this place!!! Please, if you want, invite some of your friends to come, too!
I LOVE bubblegum music!! We must be close in age?! I'll bet we were raised with the same tunes...
Remember this one?
>>trips over bellbottoms<< singing and swaying to more bubblegum music....

P.S. yep, I think we are all around the same age based on what I read on another thread. Gee, elementary and jr high school were really fun ... music made it fun!!!
Flower-Child

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2008

okay, this was 1966 or 1967 ... I love this song and it has the words beside it (so you can too trip over your bell bottoms or wear that "empire" style dress) so you can sing and dance along,
LOL

"And when you raise the roof with your rock'n'roll
You'll get a lot more kicks with a little bit o' soul"

yeah>>>>>>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

413 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 4 min cretin56 4,117
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Patrick 224,681
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min hazem selawi 38,487
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 23 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 5,281
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Oxbow 533,690
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,577
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 31 min Mat 201
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 51 min Aura Mytha 722,299
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr gianni cartooni 115,654
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 257,033
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••