Jolly

Corning, NY

#24461 Jan 17, 2014
Feeling a little stressed out. TOO MUCH company & activity to deal with, right after having the flu for 2+ weeks. OY. "In a perfect world", the flu would not exist!

TGIF Everyone.... And thank goodness for restaurants that cater!

:o )

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#24462 Jan 21, 2014
Jolly wrote:
Feeling a little stressed out. TOO MUCH company & activity to deal with, right after having the flu for 2+ weeks. OY. "In a perfect world", the flu would not exist!
TGIF Everyone.... And thank goodness for restaurants that cater!
Can you say Dominoes pizza!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24463 Jan 21, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Can you say Dominoes pizza!
Yup, and I can say "Phil's Chicken House", too!

LOL

Vincit qui se vincit

#24464 Jan 22, 2014
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and I can say "Phil's Chicken House", too!
LOL
Never heard of it?
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24465 Jan 22, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Never heard of it?
It's a local restaurant, known for their chicken dinners. They do a lot of catering.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24466 Jan 26, 2014
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Flowerchild! And a Happy 2014 to you! Actually New Year's was a blur this year, as I have been down with the flu for the past 2 weeks. This latest flu strain has been a really powerful one, as it totally knocked me for a loop. Thank goodness I am finally on the mend.... and just in time to welcome a horde of family & friends who will be arriving on Friday to celebrate a belated Christmas! PHEW -- talk about cutting it close!*wink*
Glad to hear that your weekend was a peaceful one! That's just the ticket,when you need time to reflect.
Oh, Thank God that you are on the mend and I hope your family and friends arrived in good health and spirits ... Sorry haven't been around much, not on O/B and/or F/B ... Haven't been reading either ... I had to call the liberry and re-up my books for 2 more weeks and they called and said they had a Stone Barrington series by Stuart Woods they KNEW I'd love ... I told them to put it on my queue and let me finish what I had ... they're so funny like that ... They're definitely on my 6 with the book situation, lol ...

So, how did the family get together go? I bet you were happy to see J and friend/s ... Did you get to see the peanut?

I'm back at the gym full time 3/4 days a week and those 5 months of intense physical rehab have propelled me into full blast ... I am really into the gym and nothing is stopping me ... I feel guilty if I have to miss ... I keep a backpack in my trunk in case I have an appointment which is going to cut in my regular gym time to go either b4 or after the appt ... nothing is stopping me ... My friend Gabrielle is trying to keep up with me but she calls me a "committed gym rat" and isn't quite as committed as I, apparently, thus the "nickname", LOL ... she liked the YMCA because it's closer to her home and closer to my home and is trying to talk me into joining the Y ... I don't like it ... the machines are too close together and it's too crowded, ie., too many people and you have to wait around for a machine ... Not so at my gym even if my gym is about 10-12 miles further ... yeah yeah, wear and tear on my vehicle, more gas and drive time ... who cares? I've been doing it since 2006 and even further when I went to the old gym even further on Braker Lane when I joined in 1997 ... it was called the Q back then but changed the name and I'd wish they would build one closer near Cedar Park and I believe eventually they will because Cedar Park is the FASTEST growing city in Texas at this very minute! So there! LOL ...

So, I'm my labs came back PERFECT ... once a week I took a pill on Friday's, 50,000 units of Vitamin D for 3(three) months as my test showed 9 where it should have been between 50-100 ... well, it came up and now I'm to take 2,000 units daily to maintain. I'm to come in on a monthly basis for a Vitamin B-12 shot ... Otherwise ALL other LABS were PERFECT ... Yay, go fight win, lol ... Best Labs I think I have ever seen ... This new doctor is on the ball ... Really knows what she is doing ... She is Chinese ... I love her ... She spent an hour with me and I feel bad for the patients behind me but she was very thorough ...

Gabrielle is now seeing her, too! Gabrielle, is now seeing ALL my doctors as well ... Do I have a clone? LOLOL ... I only see the BEST!

Enuff of me ... How the heck are you, my friend? Hello to D, smooches for the pooches and the kitty cats can have some of that stuff that makes them stoned, er I mean crazy ... what's it called? Catnip? hahahahahaha

Luvya, mean it! xo

5533 ... 2 pair is good for something ... 2 pair of sox in the winter time ...

it's 80 on my porch right now, 60's yesterday, 30's the day before ... 40's tomorrow ... What the ???? Where is Al Gore when you need him, ha!

77F
Clear
Feels like: 77
High 76Low 44

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24467 Jan 26, 2014
Oh, forgot to tell you ... so, I'm supposed to be eating more PROTEIN ... Gabrielle got me on this Whey Protein mix you mix with fruit ... I froze some bananas with the peel on them .... NOTE TO SELF: don't ever do that again ... the peel won't come off ...

.......... learn the hard way ... DUH!!!!!!!!!!

So, I through in a banana (fresh) strawberries, blueberries, a cup of coconut milk and blend .... thing is I forgot to put a scoop of the Whey Protein Mix ...

You might say I'm not hitting on all 8 cylinders today ...

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME ....

Gabrielle's mom gave me her old blender ... I tell you ... it's from the 50's ... really cool looking, too ... just don't forget the Protein Mix ...

Goodness, what an airhead ... Space Cadet (insert my last name as it rhymes with Cadet)... yes, my co-workers have called me that on many occasions, LOL;)...*wink*

4639 ... fold the smoothie recipe in half and keep it close by ... it has WHEY PROTEIN in the ingredients, Jeez >smiles<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24468 Jan 26, 2014
Hi Andet .... Happy New Year to you, family & friends ... FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24469 Jan 26, 2014
Hi Ricky ... get over here >>smackeroo on the cheek<< now you have Pink Melon lipstick on you<< it will stay there awhile ... at least it's not on your clothes but the smell of my perfume is ... L'Air Du Temps by Nina Ricci ... you will impress you gal should you gift her with this ...

Hope you're doing well, bud! Been missing you but love your presence on Facebook! Luvya big! FC <3 ...

7324 ... fold my phone number in your front pocket ... your get out of jail free card ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24470 Jan 26, 2014
(((((((((( H E L L O * K I T T E N ))))))))))

leaves a ball of yarn for when she comes int ....
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24471 Jan 27, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
Oh, forgot to tell you ... so, I'm supposed to be eating more PROTEIN ... Gabrielle got me on this Whey Protein mix you mix with fruit ... I froze some bananas with the peel on them .... NOTE TO SELF: don't ever do that again ... the peel won't come off ...
.......... learn the hard way ... DUH!!!!!!!!!!
So, I through in a banana (fresh) strawberries, blueberries, a cup of coconut milk and blend .... thing is I forgot to put a scoop of the Whey Protein Mix ...
You might say I'm not hitting on all 8 cylinders today ...
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME ....
Gabrielle's mom gave me her old blender ... I tell you ... it's from the 50's ... really cool looking, too ... just don't forget the Protein Mix ...
Goodness, what an airhead ... Space Cadet (insert my last name as it rhymes with Cadet)... yes, my co-workers have called me that on many occasions, LOL;)...*wink*
4639 ... fold the smoothie recipe in half and keep it close by ... it has WHEY PROTEIN in the ingredients, Jeez >smiles<
Good morning Flowerchild: A quick fly-by right now, as the critters are patiently waiting for their breakfast and hubby's running late this AM & what's-that-all-about? LOL He probably woke up, looked out the window & saw the snow falling (yet AGAIN) and decided to hit the snooze button (can't blame him for doing that!). Ah: It's MONDAY *wink*.

Hope you had a nice weekend! We saw the latest Jack Ryan movie & it was pretty good.

Protein is part of my diet, as well, and seems to give my low sugar levels a good boost, whenever they need it. Complex carbs used to be the prescribed "snack", years ago, but then the MD's decided that proteins were "healthier", hence the switch. Hope your blenderized (aka "pulverized") protein shakes are tasty!

Gotta take care of these critters now. Will be back to chat more later!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24472 Jan 27, 2014
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Flowerchild: A quick fly-by right now, as the critters are patiently waiting for their breakfast and hubby's running late this AM & what's-that-all-about? LOL He probably woke up, looked out the window & saw the snow falling (yet AGAIN) and decided to hit the snooze button (can't blame him for doing that!). Ah: It's MONDAY *wink*.
Hope you had a nice weekend! We saw the latest Jack Ryan movie & it was pretty good.
Protein is part of my diet, as well, and seems to give my low sugar levels a good boost, whenever they need it. Complex carbs used to be the prescribed "snack", years ago, but then the MD's decided that proteins were "healthier", hence the switch. Hope your blenderized (aka "pulverized") protein shakes are tasty!
Gotta take care of these critters now. Will be back to chat more later!
Good morning, Jolly ... I don't blame D ... I'd probably pull the covers over my head, hit the snooze or turn off the alarm completely, lol ... been known to do that, especially on a snow day ... Our city shuts down anyway on "snow" days as it did last Friday ...

I may see LONE SURVIVOR today after my facial ... should get there just in time ... will be cutting it close but maybe they'll still be showing previews ... Maybe see Jack Ryan the next go around if it's still at the cinema ...

The shakes are tasty especially if I throw a banana in there and the protein mix is vanilla so makes it tastier IF I REMEMBER THE POWDER ... it comes with its own SCOOP, DUH!

Will do my hand weights and go to PT to ride the bike and that'll be my exercise in lieu of going to the gym today because I really want to go to the movies and see Lone Survivor ... I am a Mark Walhburg fan ... I like his brother Donnie on Blue Bloods ... Friday nights, CBS 10/9 Central ... Hawaii 5-OHHHHH precedes it 9/8 Central ... and yes, I watch Undercover Boss 8/7 Central ... don't laugh either ... Tuesdays/Fridays are my night for TV Except Monday 10/9 ... Tuesdays 10/9 Central, CBS/FX channels respectively ...

Seems that Topville is running slow today ... I don't especially like that ... signing out and come back later .. Enjoy your day ...

P.S. it's 0816 and my pups are still sleeping ... What they think it's winter ... It's only ...

50F
Clear
Feels like: 50
High 46Low 25

It was 80 yesterday, Go figure, LOL ... Welcome to Texas ... wait around 15 minutes, it'll change, LOL
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24473 Jan 27, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly ... I don't blame D ... I'd probably pull the covers over my head, hit the snooze or turn off the alarm completely, lol ... been known to do that, especially on a snow day ... Our city shuts down anyway on "snow" days as it did last Friday ...
I may see LONE SURVIVOR today after my facial ... should get there just in time ... will be cutting it close but maybe they'll still be showing previews ... Maybe see Jack Ryan the next go around if it's still at the cinema ...
The shakes are tasty especially if I throw a banana in there and the protein mix is vanilla so makes it tastier IF I REMEMBER THE POWDER ... it comes with its own SCOOP, DUH!
Will do my hand weights and go to PT to ride the bike and that'll be my exercise in lieu of going to the gym today because I really want to go to the movies and see Lone Survivor ... I am a Mark Walhburg fan ... I like his brother Donnie on Blue Bloods ... Friday nights, CBS 10/9 Central ... Hawaii 5-OHHHHH precedes it 9/8 Central ... and yes, I watch Undercover Boss 8/7 Central ... don't laugh either ... Tuesdays/Fridays are my night for TV Except Monday 10/9 ... Tuesdays 10/9 Central, CBS/FX channels respectively ...
Seems that Topville is running slow today ... I don't especially like that ... signing out and come back later .. Enjoy your day ...
P.S. it's 0816 and my pups are still sleeping ... What they think it's winter ... It's only ...
50F
Clear
Feels like: 50
High 46Low 25
It was 80 yesterday, Go figure, LOL ... Welcome to Texas ... wait around 15 minutes, it'll change, LOL
hiya Flowerchild: "The Monuments Men" is another movie that looks good and it's coming to theaters next week: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2177771/ There are a lot of big names in it.

Enjoy your warmer temperatures where you are! We're experiencing yet another Arctic cold here this week. Poor Tito was literally shaking inside the house yesterday, so now he & Kippy are both wearing their knit sweaters 24/7, until further notice. At age 12 yrs (84 in human years), no wonder the poor guys are cold! BRRR

We were planning to stay in our current home thru retirement, but since the staircases have now become a physical hurdle (the 'ole ticker "complains"), we're considering moving "someday" to a ranch-style (one story) home. Sigh... Sure wish we could just switch out this house for another one & stay on this property, though, because it's beautiful around here.

A busy week ahead! Finally feeling better (except for a small cough) and am anxious to get oot-and-aboot, again. Furnace to be cleaned one day, some shopping on another, and finally lunch out with the girls toward the end of the week. Lots to catch up on then, since the last time we gathered there's been a funeral, 2 new engagements announced (offspring), and a new job offer out-of-state for one of the group's offspring. At a time of year when life usually slows down (because of the bitter cold), the activity level seems to be picking up, instead.

BTW: J & fiancee have narrowed down the choices of wedding venues to 2 and both are within vineyards up by the Finger Lakes. Sure hope the weather "behaves", when their big day arrives! Around here, the month of May has been known to be cold enough to snow and also hot enough to go swimming. For instance: we've gotten sunburned while swimming the 1st week of May, and then another year froze our patooties in May while attending an outdoor college graduation (the high was 39 degrees that day). OY

Enjoy the gym and the comaraderie that you have there!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24474 Jan 28, 2014
BRRR!!!

Endicott, NY

Local Weather

4 F

Mostly Sunny

Tuesday
High 10/ Low 0

Mostly Sunny

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24476 Feb 3, 2014
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya Flowerchild: "The Monuments Men" is another movie that looks good and it's coming to theaters next week: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2177771/ There are a lot of big names in it.
Enjoy your warmer temperatures where you are! We're experiencing yet another Arctic cold here this week. Poor Tito was literally shaking inside the house yesterday, so now he & Kippy are both wearing their knit sweaters 24/7, until further notice. At age 12 yrs (84 in human years), no wonder the poor guys are cold! BRRR
We were planning to stay in our current home thru retirement, but since the staircases have now become a physical hurdle (the 'ole ticker "complains"), we're considering moving "someday" to a ranch-style (one story) home. Sigh... Sure wish we could just switch out this house for another one & stay on this property, though, because it's beautiful around here.
A busy week ahead! Finally feeling better (except for a small cough) and am anxious to get oot-and-aboot, again. Furnace to be cleaned one day, some shopping on another, and finally lunch out with the girls toward the end of the week. Lots to catch up on then, since the last time we gathered there's been a funeral, 2 new engagements announced (offspring), and a new job offer out-of-state for one of the group's offspring. At a time of year when life usually slows down (because of the bitter cold), the activity level seems to be picking up, instead.
BTW: J & fiancee have narrowed down the choices of wedding venues to 2 and both are within vineyards up by the Finger Lakes. Sure hope the weather "behaves", when their big day arrives! Around here, the month of May has been known to be cold enough to snow and also hot enough to go swimming. For instance: we've gotten sunburned while swimming the 1st week of May, and then another year froze our patooties in May while attending an outdoor college graduation (the high was 39 degrees that day). OY
Enjoy the gym and the comaraderie that you have there!
Good morning, Jolly ... it's still morning Eastern style ... yes, for our age, "COMFORT" is the word ... best to start looking for that one story home now ... climbing stairs for me is not something I look forward too ... Brenda moved out of her 3/2 1/2/1 to a 1-1/2/0 but on the ground floor is the entrance to her apartment and she has to climb stairs to get to her apartment ... WHAT? at least she doesn't have neighbors upstairs although she hears thump thump from next door ... and she wanted to downsize ... now she bought some years for retirement and it's only 2 or 3 years from now and she's downsizing some more to a 1/1/1 ...

Lots of activity going on in your family .. goodness ... I certainly hope and pray the weather cooperates for all the festivities ... Speaking of the gym ... as soon as my helper is through with my bedroom I'm headed in there to suit up for the gym and my cronies ... I have such joy and fun when I visit there ... Missing Wednesday due to 2 appointments I must make ...

Have a lovely day, bisquist for T&K ... catnip for M&J ... Hello to D & big hug for you! xo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24477 Feb 3, 2014
Jolly wrote:
BRRR!!!
Endicott, NY
Local Weather
4 F
Mostly Sunny
Tuesday
High 10/ Low 0
Mostly Sunny
high 60's tomorrow ...

34F
Fog
Feels like: 34
High 47Low 45
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24478 Feb 3, 2014
[2nd attempt to post...]

hiya FC: Brenda's apartment sounds like a nightmare! But then, it all depends on what's available on the market AND how nice the new neighbors are, once you move in. Let's hope she has better luck, the next time she moves!

For now, D's helping out by carrying the heavier items up the stairs for me (when he's not working, that is) and I've cut the weight of the loads that I still carry by 1/2. A single story home is starting to sound better & better! Side note: Had some cardio testing done recently and am still waiting for 1/2 of the results. The 1st half came back within normal ranges, and the MD is still mulling over the 2nd half.

The kids have chosen a lakeside venue for their wedding that is an hour-and-a-half drive from here. Ah well. C's wedding was 2-1/2 hrs away, so at least this one is a little closer (gotta think on the bright side). Heck, B's wedding was only 20 mins away -- we were spoiled! ha
And now that the date's been set, it's time to start looking for a new dress. See, there's some of that bright side, again.

Hey, how's the water level in your nearby lake now? With all the rain that's been falling there, has it helped any? Hope so!

I'm going to look around online for a stationary exercise bike. It's been too cold to go riding on the roads, the past few months, so an indoor bike sounds like just the ticket to keep active! Plus, then D won't have to worry about all the traffic that goes whizzing by, as before. He is such a worrywort, when the kids (when they were still living here) or I venture out! Gotta luv him for that.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon! And good luck with those orange trees (that you mentioned on another thread). They're very sensitive to sudden drops in air temp.(we used to have them in our FL yard). It's nice having freshly squeezed OJ, though!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24479 Feb 7, 2014
Jolly wrote:
[2nd attempt to post...]
hiya FC: Brenda's apartment sounds like a nightmare! But then, it all depends on what's available on the market AND how nice the new neighbors are, once you move in. Let's hope she has better luck, the next time she moves!
For now, D's helping out by carrying the heavier items up the stairs for me (when he's not working, that is) and I've cut the weight of the loads that I still carry by 1/2. A single story home is starting to sound better & better! Side note: Had some cardio testing done recently and am still waiting for 1/2 of the results. The 1st half came back within normal ranges, and the MD is still mulling over the 2nd half.
The kids have chosen a lakeside venue for their wedding that is an hour-and-a-half drive from here. Ah well. C's wedding was 2-1/2 hrs away, so at least this one is a little closer (gotta think on the bright side). Heck, B's wedding was only 20 mins away -- we were spoiled! ha
And now that the date's been set, it's time to start looking for a new dress. See, there's some of that bright side, again.
Hey, how's the water level in your nearby lake now? With all the rain that's been falling there, has it helped any? Hope so!
I'm going to look around online for a stationary exercise bike. It's been too cold to go riding on the roads, the past few months, so an indoor bike sounds like just the ticket to keep active! Plus, then D won't have to worry about all the traffic that goes whizzing by, as before. He is such a worrywort, when the kids (when they were still living here) or I venture out! Gotta luv him for that.
Enjoy the rest of the afternoon! And good luck with those orange trees (that you mentioned on another thread). They're very sensitive to sudden drops in air temp.(we used to have them in our FL yard). It's nice having freshly squeezed OJ, though!
Afternoon, Jolly! A lady at physical therapy said she got a nice recumbent bike on Amazon.com for a $100 bucks ...might try there ... Yes, must be careful of the traffic ...

Wedding date been set, time for the dress shopping, indeed! How exciting ... Well, depends on who is footing the bill, ha!

Water in the lake with "rain we've been getting" What rain????? This is the vortex ... we haven't been getting any rain ... not even with the ice melting, not enuff ice, not enough sleet, nothing, nada, niet ... we're still 40 something feet below normal lake level and our water bill shows we are being charged "drought emergency" $10 each ... put that in your pipe and smoke it ... We're getting pre-recorded phone calls from the Water Department to ration water and use as little as possible due to the drought ... can you imagine that? I'm thinking of starting to collect 5 gallon water bottles but where would I put them, certainly cannot put them in the shed because of the heat unless I put insulation in there and run an A/C unit in there ... but somehow I see the need to start rationing my own store bought water & hoarding it in my own home with non-perishable food and ammo for my artillery ... just have this feeling, and IDK why ... just call it my instinct, gut feeling or what you may ...

Anyway, I've got a netflix I'm getting ready to watch ... The Eleventh Hour ... military genre movie ... Have a nice day! xo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24480 Feb 7, 2014
30F
Cloudy
Feels like: 30
High 36Low 29

it'll be back up in the mid 60's tomorrow, go figure, LOL <3 ...

Vincit qui se vincit

#24481 Feb 7, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
30F
Cloudy
Feels like: 30
High 36Low 29
it'll be back up in the mid 60's tomorrow, go figure, LOL <3 ...
Better throw another log on the fire FC! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 6 min LAWEST100 117
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min theswamiji 5,925
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min BenAdam 817,739
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Gods r Delusions ... 579,179
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min duststorm 441,983
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min lovewithin 39,966
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min LAWEST100 609,873
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min RiccardoFire 97,997
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min Porkpie Hat 270,164
More from around the web