Kokopelli's Place, too

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24419 Dec 24, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to pace yourself, Flowerchild. Ambitious groups like churches sometimes push their congregants too hard and don't realize that they're doing more harm than good. Locally, there's a parish that insists on holding fundraisers year 'round, and it's the women who spend endless hours on their feet, making food to sell to raise money. I was told, years ago, to simply "get a babysitter" so I could join the ranks of cooks there, to which I said "Pffft!", as I had neither the $$ to pay a sitter, nor the energy to donate AT THAT TIME to them. Geesh. J was just a newborn, back then, and his sisters were still pre-school age. I think what bugged me the most was that the men of that parish didn't participate in that fundraising effort, and merely collected the $$ for future church use. But, I digress.
New England got slammed by this latest snowstorm. Poor Rotor, etal! We only got ~ 8 inches of the white stuff around here, and Tito & Kippy have already been out and playing in it, this AM. D snowblowed the driveway and then cleared a path all around the house (mainly so the oil man can make a delivery this coming week and the electric co. can read the meter). The pups dutifully inspected the path & walked the entire length. Now it's naptime for the critters, as they are all worn out.
Lots going on this month! The holidays, birthdays, wedding plans, and talk of adding to the tribe (as in potential new peanuts -- yippee skippee!). LOL Gotta love families.
Enjoy the day! Be good to yourself and don't overdo the activites. RELAX and enjoy some "me time"!
Good Christmas eve morning, Jolly ... I sit here and wonder what Santa has up his sleeve for the peanut and how wooed she'll be when she realizes all the fun of it ... and then later in years realizing the significance ... but shoo, the latter for later ... let's have fun, NOW, yippee and skippee for the potential new peanut, whoo-hoo ... that's presents already under the imaginary tree for now ...

Wilco 10-4, copy that on the work church sometimes tries to put on us ... sometimes I just have to say no like I did last week when Christina tried to catch me on the way out the door, AT THE DOOR and I said NO before she even said anything followed by "I have plans to be somewhere in 15 minutes" ... her look ----> deer in headlights ... a person can only be spread so thin ... but last night when Brenda and I went out so I could buy ME my Christmas she made mention that

it's the SAME people that always do the work, HINT? HINT? FOLLOWED by BUT > insert big BUT< they don't work, they have the financial resources, are often accompanied by their husbands, are willing to put in 3-4 hours at a time, and hours & hours during the week, etc etc .... are HEALTHY for the most part ... and donate a lot of their OWN money toward the projects ...

I'm willing to do some of that but not always .. is that selfish?

Tonight is for Christmas is Christmas carols at 6 and service at 6:30 ... I get to wear a new ensemble and will wear my mink as it's sure to be cold ...

In closing ... wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas ... Expect to get a new photo of the Peanut, if possible ... Best wishes xo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24420 Dec 24, 2013
M E R R Y * C H R I S T M A S * everyone! FC <3
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24421 Dec 24, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Christmas eve morning, Jolly ... I sit here and wonder what Santa has up his sleeve for the peanut and how wooed she'll be when she realizes all the fun of it ... and then later in years realizing the significance ... but shoo, the latter for later ... let's have fun, NOW, yippee and skippee for the potential new peanut, whoo-hoo ... that's presents already under the imaginary tree for now ...
Wilco 10-4, copy that on the work church sometimes tries to put on us ... sometimes I just have to say no like I did last week when Christina tried to catch me on the way out the door, AT THE DOOR and I said NO before she even said anything followed by "I have plans to be somewhere in 15 minutes" ... her look ----> deer in headlights ... a person can only be spread so thin ... but last night when Brenda and I went out so I could buy ME my Christmas she made mention that
it's the SAME people that always do the work, HINT? HINT? FOLLOWED by BUT > insert big BUT< they don't work, they have the financial resources, are often accompanied by their husbands, are willing to put in 3-4 hours at a time, and hours & hours during the week, etc etc .... are HEALTHY for the most part ... and donate a lot of their OWN money toward the projects ...
I'm willing to do some of that but not always .. is that selfish?
Tonight is for Christmas is Christmas carols at 6 and service at 6:30 ... I get to wear a new ensemble and will wear my mink as it's sure to be cold ...
In closing ... wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas ... Expect to get a new photo of the Peanut, if possible ... Best wishes xo
Merry Christmas, Flowerchild! May this time find you wrapped in the warmth & love of those who mean the most to you.

:o )

OK, so Jolly gets all warm & fuzzy at this time of year, LOL! Enjoy it, while it lasts,*wink*.

My mom used to always say what you said, that it's the SAME people who do ALL THE WORK, ALL THE TIME, at churches. It's like that with any group, I think.

Peanut will be spending Christmas Eve & Day at her other grandparents' home, but we'll be seeing her soon. C will most likely be posting some photos of the get together online, so we'll get to see all the fun!

Last minute errands to run today, before we go over to B's house to spend Christmas Eve with her & T & their 2 kitties: TX Ranger and Walker. Of course, all the grandkitties will be getting gifts from "Santa" grandma & grandpa, too!

UPDATE: Tito has recovered from whatever it was that attacked his liver last month. Thank God. Joe-the-cat, however, is now dealing with kidney failure, as many senior citizen kitties often do (the Vet estimates his age to be around 14-1/2 yrs). Poor, sweet Joe.

Snow flurries here today, after ALL of the snow we once had melted away (at one point there was up to 6 inches on the ground here). Looks like we may be having a white Christmas, after all!

Merry Christmas, FC!

Jolly

Corning, NY

#24422 Dec 24, 2013
p.s. The distance between the other grandparents and here is a 6-1/2 hrs. drive = Too far for a daytrip.
UidiotRaceMAkeWo rldPeace

United States

#24423 Dec 24, 2013
Wolfie in the House! wolfie runs in With the Little Elves - Sign says "

HAPPY HOLIDAY ALL!

ArOoooooOOOOOOooooo!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24424 Dec 24, 2013
UidiotRaceMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
Wolfie in the House! wolfie runs in With the Little Elves - Sign says "
HAPPY HOLIDAY ALL!
ArOoooooOOOOOOooooo!
Merry Christmas, Wolfie! <HUGS> Hope Santa leaves you lots of JUICY reindeer, er.... I mean ELK under your Christmas tree tonight! LOL

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24425 Dec 24, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas, Flowerchild! May this time find you wrapped in the warmth & love of those who mean the most to you.
OK, so Jolly gets all warm & fuzzy at this time of year, LOL! Enjoy it, while it lasts,*wink*.
My mom used to always say what you said, that it's the SAME people who do ALL THE WORK, ALL THE TIME, at churches. It's like that with any group, I think.
Peanut will be spending Christmas Eve & Day at her other grandparents' home, but we'll be seeing her soon. C will most likely be posting some photos of the get together online, so we'll get to see all the fun!
Last minute errands to run today, before we go over to B's house to spend Christmas Eve with her & T & their 2 kitties: TX Ranger and Walker. Of course, all the grandkitties will be getting gifts from "Santa" grandma & grandpa, too!
UPDATE: Tito has recovered from whatever it was that attacked his liver last month. Thank God. Joe-the-cat, however, is now dealing with kidney failure, as many senior citizen kitties often do (the Vet estimates his age to be around 14-1/2 yrs). Poor, sweet Joe.
Snow flurries here today, after ALL of the snow we once had melted away (at one point there was up to 6 inches on the ground here). Looks like we may be having a white Christmas, after all!
Merry Christmas, FC!
Oh, Jeez, Tears at the end of the Young and the Restless ... goodness ... it happens ... I miss Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor)... a park dedicated to her on the show and all the actors were there ... STOP ... okay ... good grief, lol

Well, maybe you'll get the little peanut on the next Christmas, I hope so ... in the meantime, we'll celebrate Christmas with who we have and what we have ... our spirit ... I'm all dressed up and ready to go ... 6 hours for Christmas carols and 6 1/2 hours for service ... the left eye lashes are really long and imperfect and the right are long and perfect ... I'm not doing a do over and if someone is looking that close ---> they'd better say "I LOVE YOU" laugh out loud! hahaha ... he already has but oh hey, perfect day to wear shades, maybe noone will notice but me, ha!

I'm sorry to hear about Joe but happy to hear about the other one ... I know how dear the furbabies are to us ... No one gets it but us ... Prayers sent across the miles ...

Chance is still very skittish ... even with me ... but he does like the new attendant assigned to me ... went up to her the first day she came in ... she was here yesterday and will be here on Thursday ... MO/TU & TH/days ... I don't like her hours 0830 - 1230 ... I don't even get up that early ... oh well, lucky I get her so I'm not complaining ...

Have fun at your Christmas gathering ... I'll be thinking of you and thinking of the little one ... the delight in her eyes ... I wonder how much she'll remember ... Merry Christmas, J ... xoxo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24426 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas, Wolfie ... throws you a gazelle >chomp chomp<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24427 Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas Ricky ... Miss you already <3

1655 ...
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24428 Dec 24, 2013
Is it just me, or does anyone else get all nostalgic while watching "A Christmas Story" for the umpteenth time on TV?! FA RA RA RA RA, RA RA RA RA ! LOL

Gotta love these Christmas movie marathons...

Howzit going, Flowerchild? Are you all eggnogged, yet? LOL Come to think of it --> Time to make up a new batch of eggnog here!

<Just checking in, to spread some holiday cheer>

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24429 Dec 24, 2013
Jolly wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else get all nostalgic while watching "A Christmas Story" for the umpteenth time on TV?! FA RA RA RA RA, RA RA RA RA ! LOL
Gotta love these Christmas movie marathons...
Howzit going, Flowerchild? Are you all eggnogged, yet? LOL Come to think of it --> Time to make up a new batch of eggnog here!
<Just checking in, to spread some holiday cheer>
deck the hall with bows of horry fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra ! LOL ... no it's me, too, LOL ... Umpteenth time, at least ... had a good time at church singing Christmas songs but they rocked it up a bit and amped it up a bit and we've got an awesome lead guitar player ... then service was short and sweet, about 15-20 minutes and came home ... Merry Christmas ... meet Brenda at 0930 and to her kids house ... see the little girl get her first bike ... the boy flies in from Minnesota ... grands ... ho ho ho, lol ... Nite Nite sweet dreams zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24430 Dec 25, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
deck the hall with bows of horry fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra ! LOL ... no it's me, too, LOL ... Umpteenth time, at least ... had a good time at church singing Christmas songs but they rocked it up a bit and amped it up a bit and we've got an awesome lead guitar player ... then service was short and sweet, about 15-20 minutes and came home ... Merry Christmas ... meet Brenda at 0930 and to her kids house ... see the little girl get her first bike ... the boy flies in from Minnesota ... grands ... ho ho ho, lol ... Nite Nite sweet dreams zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Our little church "back home" doesn't have a Christmas Eve service, just a Christmas morning one & it's beautiful. <Missing the old days.... >

Glad to hear that you had a fun time last evening! That's what the holiday is all about: Getting together.

Company coming in a few hours, so time to start getting ready.

Merry Christmas to you & to all that peek in to this thread!

“cat lover”

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#24431 Dec 25, 2013
Marry Christmas everyone :)
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24432 Dec 25, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
Merry Christmas to you, too, LuAnn! Hope you've been having a super day!

“cat lover”

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#24433 Dec 26, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas to you, too, LuAnn! Hope you've been having a super day!
yup sure did and hope you did as well :)
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24434 Dec 26, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
<quoted text>yup sure did and hope you did as well :)
Yes I did, too, and thanks! We were able to Skype with all 3 kids at the same time, so it was almost like having everyone in the same room. One was here with us, another was in CAL and the 3rd was in MA. Very cool.

Was Santa good to you? We woke up to 5 inches of new snow this AM (surprise, surprise! No mention of it was made on the news last night) and I got to wear my new, fluffy-lined snow boots for the 1st time (THANK YOU Santa Claus!). Talk about perfect timing. Hope you received many nice surprises, too!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24435 Dec 26, 2013
Thanks, NICE Iconner!

;o )

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24436 Dec 27, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Our little church "back home" doesn't have a Christmas Eve service, just a Christmas morning one & it's beautiful. <Missing the old days.... >
Glad to hear that you had a fun time last evening! That's what the holiday is all about: Getting together.
Company coming in a few hours, so time to start getting ready.
Merry Christmas to you & to all that peek in to this thread!
Hi Jolly ... I spent 6 hours with a whining 6 year old and had a migraine all day yesterday as a result of it ... I thought I'd have to go to the E.R. If I didn't have high blood pressure that day I surely developed it on Christmas Day with that spoiled rotten brat. I finally had to say something and I know you're not to correct a kid in someone else's home. I was very nice about it and no one said anything about because I was very nice about it but I will NEVER go to that house AGAIN, EVER for anything nor will I ever celebrate any event with that kid again and I'm sure there will be many as she is the grand-daughter of my very best friend. The kid ruined it for me ... Is that sad or what? Please do not let that happen to the peanut ... Okay, that is off my chest ... Jeez, I could have gone on the street yesterday looking for xanax, valium, seconal, anything to calm me down and I had the migraine from hades STILL from Christmas day .... That should have NEVER happened and NO ADULT should let that child act like she did ... the mother, the father nor the grandmother ... NONE of them ... Okay, now I'm done ranting ... The pharmacy called & I picked it up ... I took 2 of them right away and fell asleep ... well, take one in the am and one in the pm ... that's 2 a day ... ok... I took 2 at one time ... it worked and konked me out ... took care of my migraine, LOL ...

How was your Christmas and have you any pics of the peanut? I haven't checked my email ... xo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24437 Dec 27, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
Same to you, Kitten <3

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24439 Dec 27, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 637,878
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min It aint necessari... 29,629
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 20 min Johnny 4,768
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min Holy Commandment... 43,894
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min nanoanomaly 617,959
Play "end of the word" part 2 35 min ImFree2Choose 1,457
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 40 min Jersey Devil 3,701
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 968,851
More from around the web