Kokopelli's Place, too
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24401 Dec 2, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly ... how much hair could a baby possibly have at this age, LOL ... did you keep a locket of it? Well, DUH? There IS such thing as a stupid question, haha ... So glad yall had a great time as did I ... So tired from Saturdays shopping spree was dead tired I slept til 3 pm yesterday afternoon, got up and watched 2 movies, no football and crashed early. Glad I woke up a little after 7 am this morning to realize I have boot camp at 1:15 this afternoon ... gives me a little time to get caught up here and F/B ... not that I'm that interested but I will try cuz I'm still lazy ... Anyway, turkey day is over and finsished up a lot of the left overs. Think there is one helping of dressing not stuffing, haha ... have a nice day xoxo
hiya FC: It's MONDAY MONDAY monday <OY> Well, we made it thru yet another Turkey Day weekend and now it's time to straighten up the place & get ready for the kiddos to return in a couple of weeks, to celebrate B's 30th b'day. WOO HOO (I mean "woo hoo" LOL). Actually, I'm tired, but happy that everyone's having fun. B's is the 3rd family's 30th b'day this calendar year, and this time we're babysitting Peanut so her folks can go out & party with the group all night long (if they can stay awake that long --*wink*). The 1st 30th celebration was a house party, the 2nd a party at a restaurant, and now this one will be at several places (ie: a "crawl"). B says it's "one last Hurrah, before turning "OLD" ". HAHAHA!!! I wish I were 30, again, don't you?! LOL

Anyhoo... D had a difficult time getting out of bed this AM and getting motivated to go to work (he's been home since last Wed. & was enjoying the time off). I suggested he take off some more vacation time, but he's got work waiting for him, so he finally got up. What good is vacation time, if you're "too busy" to take it? Sigh... Oh well. Retirement will seem just that more sweeter, when it arrives someday.

Tito is doing much better (thank goodness). I've already spoken with the Vet this AM (he called) and he said that the meds seem to be working and that is great. WOO HOO!

Hope your day will be a good one! I have a "date" with a floor mop, this AM. yippee lol
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24402 Dec 2, 2013
Clarification: "B's is the 3rd family's 30th b'day this calendar year..." means B is the 3rd family member who turns 30 this year.(1983 was a BUSY year for this clan! ha)

“cat lover”

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#24403 Dec 3, 2013
Jolly wrote:
Clarification: "B's is the 3rd family's 30th b'day this calendar year..." means B is the 3rd family member who turns 30 this year.(1983 was a BUSY year for this clan! ha)
POUNCE hi birdy purr purr :)
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24404 Dec 3, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
<quoted text>POUNCE hi birdy purr purr :)
<BOINK! 1000 ping pong balls bounced on top of your furry little head! tee hee!>

hiya Kitten <fweep>
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24405 Dec 10, 2013
HO HO HO, We're getting some snow! Life is good, as long as we don't start measuring it in FEET. LOL

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#24406 Dec 11, 2013
Vanessa wrote:
Can. You. Some. Body Let like Please
Looks like exciting times for you?!

Vincit qui se vincit

#24407 Dec 11, 2013
Jolly wrote:
HO HO HO, We're getting some snow! Life is good, as long as we don't start measuring it in FEET. LOL
That's the best kind when looking at it from afar!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24408 Dec 11, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>That's the best kind when looking at it from afar!
Yup. New snowfall is always white & pretty.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24409 Dec 11, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya FC: It's MONDAY MONDAY monday <OY> Well, we made it thru yet another Turkey Day weekend and now it's time to straighten up the place & get ready for the kiddos to return in a couple of weeks, to celebrate B's 30th b'day. WOO HOO (I mean "woo hoo" LOL). Actually, I'm tired, but happy that everyone's having fun. B's is the 3rd family's 30th b'day this calendar year, and this time we're babysitting Peanut so her folks can go out & party with the group all night long (if they can stay awake that long --*wink*). The 1st 30th celebration was a house party, the 2nd a party at a restaurant, and now this one will be at several places (ie: a "crawl"). B says it's "one last Hurrah, before turning "OLD" ". HAHAHA!!! I wish I were 30, again, don't you?! LOL
Anyhoo... D had a difficult time getting out of bed this AM and getting motivated to go to work (he's been home since last Wed. & was enjoying the time off). I suggested he take off some more vacation time, but he's got work waiting for him, so he finally got up. What good is vacation time, if you're "too busy" to take it? Sigh... Oh well. Retirement will seem just that more sweeter, when it arrives someday.
Tito is doing much better (thank goodness). I've already spoken with the Vet this AM (he called) and he said that the meds seem to be working and that is great. WOO HOO!
Hope your day will be a good one! I have a "date" with a floor mop, this AM. yippee lol
Good morning, Jolly ... B's having the Big 3-0 ... how fun ... and you get the little peanut ... sounds like a fair trade-off, yippee ... Not much going on over here ... had my big shopping spree on Thursday so I am done, cooked, stick a fork in my ... my favorite is having a half price off on EVERYTHING ON THE 16TH ... I simply cannot afford to even go look ... they should have had it the day I was there the day I went with my friend, lol ... I'm sure we'll go on the 16th >big sigh< lol ...

Mid 50's today, warm front for sure ... Hope all is well and D's gotten back in the groove to his internal alarm clock ...

Enjoy your day xoxo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24410 Dec 11, 2013
>>blows kisses to Kitten and Ricky<<
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24411 Dec 11, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly ... B's having the Big 3-0 ... how fun ... and you get the little peanut ... sounds like a fair trade-off, yippee ... Not much going on over here ... had my big shopping spree on Thursday so I am done, cooked, stick a fork in my ... my favorite is having a half price off on EVERYTHING ON THE 16TH ... I simply cannot afford to even go look ... they should have had it the day I was there the day I went with my friend, lol ... I'm sure we'll go on the 16th >big sigh< lol ...
Mid 50's today, warm front for sure ... Hope all is well and D's gotten back in the groove to his internal alarm clock ...
Enjoy your day xoxo
hiya Flowerchild: A 50% off sale sounds good to me! What time do you want me to pick you up? ha That would be a fun shopping trip!

My BFF treated me to lunch out yesterday, and then we wandered all thru the village, taking in the Christmas sights & doing some shopping. The local county historical society is holding their annual Christmas tree & wreath silent auction, so we check out all the displays and bid on a couple. All the trees, wreaths & the decorations are donated by local businesses & clubs (including schools & Scout troops) and the money from the auction goes directly into the historical society's coffers (they're a non-profit org.).

Chance & Jax are probably looking for to Christmas, yes? I imagine there are brightly wrapped doggy gifts for them both under the tree! What fun :o )

Enjoy the day!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24412 Dec 11, 2013
OOPS -- I should have proofread that previous post. Oh well -- you get the gist of what I posted. <having a senior moment here -- haha>

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24413 Dec 14, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya Flowerchild: A 50% off sale sounds good to me! What time do you want me to pick you up? ha That would be a fun shopping trip!
My BFF treated me to lunch out yesterday, and then we wandered all thru the village, taking in the Christmas sights & doing some shopping. The local county historical society is holding their annual Christmas tree & wreath silent auction, so we check out all the displays and bid on a couple. All the trees, wreaths & the decorations are donated by local businesses & clubs (including schools & Scout troops) and the money from the auction goes directly into the historical society's coffers (they're a non-profit org.).
Chance & Jax are probably looking for to Christmas, yes? I imagine there are brightly wrapped doggy gifts for them both under the tree! What fun :o )
Enjoy the day!
Opens at 10 so let's get there 0959, lol ... we get first pick at everything, haha ... Glad you and BFF were able to get out and about ... I'm meeting mine at church tomorrow and she is bringing my waterproof boots with / knee highs with hearts on them that I left in her truck and also 2 bags of clothing that she is donating to the women's shelter ... part of my volunteer work ... We're meeting Brenda there ... Brenda introduced me to this church and I've been going almost a year now ... but it's beginning to be a lot of work ... The 2 day conference in October where I had the fainting spell, and the 8 weeks of Mondays of crafting, the 2 Sundays of craft sales and I'm okay with it all but I'm tired ... it's okay to be tired, eh? I missed 3 days of PT this week cuz I was tired ... if I can't make it to PT how can I make it to church? Call the whah-ambulance, LOL ... Hey, only I can say that, hahahahahahaha

It's alll good, maybe I'll get some good rest and wake up refreshed ... Glad you had a good time ... Sorry the peanut didn't make it ... there's always next weekend ... but down here we're getting an arctic cold blast worse than the one we had last week or the week before or whenever it was ... Rotor said 14-16 inches of snow so maybe that's what yall are getting ... stay safe and warm XOXO
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24414 Dec 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Opens at 10 so let's get there 0959, lol ... we get first pick at everything, haha ... Glad you and BFF were able to get out and about ... I'm meeting mine at church tomorrow and she is bringing my waterproof boots with / knee highs with hearts on them that I left in her truck and also 2 bags of clothing that she is donating to the women's shelter ... part of my volunteer work ... We're meeting Brenda there ... Brenda introduced me to this church and I've been going almost a year now ... but it's beginning to be a lot of work ... The 2 day conference in October where I had the fainting spell, and the 8 weeks of Mondays of crafting, the 2 Sundays of craft sales and I'm okay with it all but I'm tired ... it's okay to be tired, eh? I missed 3 days of PT this week cuz I was tired ... if I can't make it to PT how can I make it to church? Call the whah-ambulance, LOL ... Hey, only I can say that, hahahahahahaha
It's alll good, maybe I'll get some good rest and wake up refreshed ... Glad you had a good time ... Sorry the peanut didn't make it ... there's always next weekend ... but down here we're getting an arctic cold blast worse than the one we had last week or the week before or whenever it was ... Rotor said 14-16 inches of snow so maybe that's what yall are getting ... stay safe and warm XOXO
Try to pace yourself, Flowerchild. Ambitious groups like churches sometimes push their congregants too hard and don't realize that they're doing more harm than good. Locally, there's a parish that insists on holding fundraisers year 'round, and it's the women who spend endless hours on their feet, making food to sell to raise money. I was told, years ago, to simply "get a babysitter" so I could join the ranks of cooks there, to which I said "Pffft!", as I had neither the $$ to pay a sitter, nor the energy to donate AT THAT TIME to them. Geesh. J was just a newborn, back then, and his sisters were still pre-school age. I think what bugged me the most was that the men of that parish didn't participate in that fundraising effort, and merely collected the $$ for future church use. But, I digress.

New England got slammed by this latest snowstorm. Poor Rotor, etal! We only got ~ 8 inches of the white stuff around here, and Tito & Kippy have already been out and playing in it, this AM. D snowblowed the driveway and then cleared a path all around the house (mainly so the oil man can make a delivery this coming week and the electric co. can read the meter). The pups dutifully inspected the path & walked the entire length. Now it's naptime for the critters, as they are all worn out.

Lots going on this month! The holidays, birthdays, wedding plans, and talk of adding to the tribe (as in potential new peanuts -- yippee skippee!). LOL Gotta love families.

Enjoy the day! Be good to yourself and don't overdo the activites. RELAX and enjoy some "me time"!

Vincit qui se vincit

#24415 Dec 16, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
>>blows kisses to Kitten and Ricky<<
Aw sucks (turns red) lol

Vincit qui se vincit

#24416 Dec 16, 2013
A couple were Christmas shopping...

The shopping center was packed, and as the wife walked through one of the malls she was surprised when she looked around to find that her husband was nowhere to be seen.

She was quite upset because they had a lot to do and hence she became so worried that she called him on her mobile phone to ask him where he was.

In a quiet voice he said, "Do you remember the jewelers we went into about five years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we couldn't afford, and I told you that I would get it for you one day?"

The wife choked up and started to cry and said, "Yes, I do remember that shop."

He replied, "Well, I'm in the pub next door."
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24417 Dec 16, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
A couple were Christmas shopping...
The shopping center was packed, and as the wife walked through one of the malls she was surprised when she looked around to find that her husband was nowhere to be seen.
She was quite upset because they had a lot to do and hence she became so worried that she called him on her mobile phone to ask him where he was.
In a quiet voice he said, "Do you remember the jewelers we went into about five years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we couldn't afford, and I told you that I would get it for you one day?"
The wife choked up and started to cry and said, "Yes, I do remember that shop."
He replied, "Well, I'm in the pub next door."
Typical man. LOL

Vincit qui se vincit

#24418 Dec 23, 2013
lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24419 Dec 24, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to pace yourself, Flowerchild. Ambitious groups like churches sometimes push their congregants too hard and don't realize that they're doing more harm than good. Locally, there's a parish that insists on holding fundraisers year 'round, and it's the women who spend endless hours on their feet, making food to sell to raise money. I was told, years ago, to simply "get a babysitter" so I could join the ranks of cooks there, to which I said "Pffft!", as I had neither the $$ to pay a sitter, nor the energy to donate AT THAT TIME to them. Geesh. J was just a newborn, back then, and his sisters were still pre-school age. I think what bugged me the most was that the men of that parish didn't participate in that fundraising effort, and merely collected the $$ for future church use. But, I digress.
New England got slammed by this latest snowstorm. Poor Rotor, etal! We only got ~ 8 inches of the white stuff around here, and Tito & Kippy have already been out and playing in it, this AM. D snowblowed the driveway and then cleared a path all around the house (mainly so the oil man can make a delivery this coming week and the electric co. can read the meter). The pups dutifully inspected the path & walked the entire length. Now it's naptime for the critters, as they are all worn out.
Lots going on this month! The holidays, birthdays, wedding plans, and talk of adding to the tribe (as in potential new peanuts -- yippee skippee!). LOL Gotta love families.
Enjoy the day! Be good to yourself and don't overdo the activites. RELAX and enjoy some "me time"!
Good Christmas eve morning, Jolly ... I sit here and wonder what Santa has up his sleeve for the peanut and how wooed she'll be when she realizes all the fun of it ... and then later in years realizing the significance ... but shoo, the latter for later ... let's have fun, NOW, yippee and skippee for the potential new peanut, whoo-hoo ... that's presents already under the imaginary tree for now ...

Wilco 10-4, copy that on the work church sometimes tries to put on us ... sometimes I just have to say no like I did last week when Christina tried to catch me on the way out the door, AT THE DOOR and I said NO before she even said anything followed by "I have plans to be somewhere in 15 minutes" ... her look ----> deer in headlights ... a person can only be spread so thin ... but last night when Brenda and I went out so I could buy ME my Christmas she made mention that

it's the SAME people that always do the work, HINT? HINT? FOLLOWED by BUT > insert big BUT< they don't work, they have the financial resources, are often accompanied by their husbands, are willing to put in 3-4 hours at a time, and hours & hours during the week, etc etc .... are HEALTHY for the most part ... and donate a lot of their OWN money toward the projects ...

I'm willing to do some of that but not always .. is that selfish?

Tonight is for Christmas is Christmas carols at 6 and service at 6:30 ... I get to wear a new ensemble and will wear my mink as it's sure to be cold ...

In closing ... wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas ... Expect to get a new photo of the Peanut, if possible ... Best wishes xo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24420 Dec 24, 2013
M E R R Y * C H R I S T M A S * everyone! FC <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 92,233
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min RiversideRedneck 979,249
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min RADEKT 285,936
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Patriot 667,504
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,557
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 2 hr Rider on the Storm 24
The Best Song! (Feb '07) 2 hr Fred 934
More from around the web