Kokopelli's Place, too

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#24316 Nov 12, 2013
New England Home

My husband and I purchased an old home in Northern New York State from two elderly sisters.
Winter was fast approaching and I was concerned about the house's lack of insulation.
"If they could live here all those years, so can we!" my husband confidently declared.

One November night the temperature plunged to below zero, and we woke up to find interior walls covered with frost.
My husband called the sisters to ask how they had kept the house warm. After a rather brief conversation, he hung up.

"For the past 30 years," he muttered, "they've gone to Florida for the
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24317 Nov 12, 2013
Voyeur wrote:
It Was So Cold that
A streaker froze in mid-streak! The town council just stuck a plaque on him and pretended he was a Greek statue until spring.
When I was an undergrad. at State Univ., a female streaker slipped on a patch of ice, bumped her head & passed out. They took her away in an ambulance. Could you imagine having to explain to your parents exactly HOW this happened? LOL
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24318 Nov 12, 2013
Voyeur wrote:
New England Home
My husband and I purchased an old home in Northern New York State from two elderly sisters.
Winter was fast approaching and I was concerned about the house's lack of insulation.
"If they could live here all those years, so can we!" my husband confidently declared.
One November night the temperature plunged to below zero, and we woke up to find interior walls covered with frost.
My husband called the sisters to ask how they had kept the house warm. After a rather brief conversation, he hung up.
"For the past 30 years," he muttered, "they've gone to Florida for the
And southerners call us yankees "dumb". LOLOLOL Not so dumb, huh?

;o )

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#24319 Nov 12, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was an undergrad. at State Univ., a female streaker slipped on a patch of ice, bumped her head & passed out. They took her away in an ambulance. Could you imagine having to explain to your parents exactly HOW this happened? LOL
Naked women passes out? And she actually got to the ambulance? lol

The guys helped her UP? lol

And on top of that did she gets ice burn?
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24320 Nov 12, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Naked women passes out? And she actually got to the ambulance? lol
The guys helped her UP? lol
And on top of that did she gets ice burn?
I see that got your attention! LOL Yup, the male 1st responders got her safely to the clinic. That's all I know.
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24321 Nov 21, 2013
Good morining Flowerchild: Some good news! Tito's doing much better, after a few weeks of medical care. His liver is damaged, but seems to be healing. ALT blood test was 4000+ units 2 wks ago, and now it's reading 231 units (normal value is up to 100 units). Thank goodness and thank you for the healing vibes.

:)
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24322 Nov 21, 2013
oops! Good "morning"!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24323 Nov 21, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Any chance you could leave the plants in the ground (unless they're already in containers?) and just cover them up for the winter with fallen leaves & then a basket (peach baskets work well) on top? That would save you from lugging all those plants into the shed. Just a suggestion.
The vet & I talk every couple of days on the phone about Tito. We're in a wait-and-see mode right now, hoping that with meds & time the liver will start to recuperate (the vet said there is a slim chance of that happening). Thank you for the healing vibes. Tito hasn't eaten much today, but is drinking a lot of fresh water.
Xray: Done last Friday. Results to be received later this week. It's an annual routine; no biggie. Figure I'm too MEAN to croak! LOL
We have a "snow sky" here today and snow showers are expected tonight. Oh goody.*wink*
Christmas shopping is almost done. Peanut is getting (among other things) a bright red flyer wagon this year! She's been climbing in & out of her dollies' little pink wagon lately (tossing out all of her dollies 1st) and asking to be pulled around the house. It was time to upgrade. LOL
You asked how long J's been dating his fiance? 8 years is my guess. They met & started going out freshman year of college. Kids nowadays take their time, before tieing the knot, it seems. They're talking about a springtime 2015 wedding.
Good morning, Jolly ... Glad to hear Tito is on the mend ... very good news ... we always want our furbabies to be with us forever, however, that is not the case either for them or for us >>sigh<< Yesterday would have been Dennis' 56th birthday ... I miss him so ...

So, the little peanut is going to score big time this Christmas, huh? Very cool as we knew that would happen ... J and his sweetheart can wait ... this year is the year for the peanut, lol ...

I've got to start getting ready for the Thanksgiving dinner at the Community Center ... you know, make up, hair, clothing, APRON, yep! That time of year again ...

Prayers continue to go that way for Tito and all around for the lot of us ... Hugs all around, too! Have a lovely day ...

You too Donkey, Ricky, Wolfie ... FC <3 ...
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24324 Nov 21, 2013
Zac Efron is taken. Back off
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24325 Nov 21, 2013

Boyfriend Efron zack girlfriend
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24326 Nov 21, 2013
Zack Efron has girlfriend it is me
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24327 Nov 21, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly ... Glad to hear Tito is on the mend ... very good news ... we always want our furbabies to be with us forever, however, that is not the case either for them or for us >>sigh<< Yesterday would have been Dennis' 56th birthday ... I miss him so ...
So, the little peanut is going to score big time this Christmas, huh? Very cool as we knew that would happen ... J and his sweetheart can wait ... this year is the year for the peanut, lol ...
I've got to start getting ready for the Thanksgiving dinner at the Community Center ... you know, make up, hair, clothing, APRON, yep! That time of year again ...
Prayers continue to go that way for Tito and all around for the lot of us ... Hugs all around, too! Have a lovely day ...
You too Donkey, Ricky, Wolfie ... FC <3 ...
R.I.P. your Dennis. Celebrate the good times you had together.

My mom will have been gone 27 years on Dec. 1st. She would have been 94 this coming Saturday. I miss her, as well.

Peanut will most likely have an avalanche of toys under her Christmas tree this year, as her other grandma is absolutely ADDICTED to that kid. LOL I never saw someone try so hard to make a grandchild like them. Go figure. Love is supposed come naturally with family. Peanut is a little button, when she's around!

:o )
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24328 Nov 21, 2013
Zack. Efron. Yes I love.you
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24330 Nov 21, 2013
Yes I. Do. I. Love you. Zack. Efron Can u . Back. Off
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24331 Nov 21, 2013

Zac Efron is taken. Back off
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24332 Nov 21, 2013
I. Will call cop.
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24333 Nov 21, 2013
call cop.
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24335 Nov 21, 2013
I will call cop.Guys
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24336 Nov 21, 2013
Call will get all cop everybody
Vanessa

Ajax, Canada

#24337 Nov 21, 2013
I will call cop everybody

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Pad 647,059
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min old school 105,691
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min PELE78 49,543
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min old school 44,728
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 21 min andet1987 2,114
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 24 min sunny 532
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min New Age Spiritual... 971,816
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web