Kokopelli's Place, too

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#24298 Nov 7, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Hey Ricky ..........
Hey FC!

You been getting of the rain we've been getting?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24299 Nov 7, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Tito's receiving med. treatment at home now & Kippy's sticking close by, keeping an eye on his older "brother".
You have mail.
Good morning, Jolly ... Got my mail, now you have mail ... Love, prayers and healing vibes sent across the miles ... Peace & smiles ... FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24300 Nov 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Hey FC!
You been getting of the rain we've been getting?
Morning, bud ... yes, we got a big old whopping inch out here at the lake ... the already flooded area in SE Austin got more and just added to their problems and, of course, the city was not ready for it ... But, they're working on it ... We need gazillions of rain to fill up Lake Travis ... Water from Lake Travis is being used for towns 15-20 miles east of us, Leander, Cedar Park and maybe (not sure) Liberty Hill ... That just ROYALLY ticks me off when the the FIVE frickin' lakes above us will not open their dam(ns) and give us any of their (filled to capacity) lake water ... DO NOT EVEN get me started ... They want us TO BUY their water ... WHY, why should we. We our their neighbors, Burnet County ... pronounced

Burn-it, dern-it, learn-it ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24301 Nov 7, 2013
Jolly wrote:
p.s. FC: Hope your PT goes well.
Thank you. Saw my back doctor yesterday ... xrays looked good ...
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24302 Nov 7, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly ... Got my mail, now you have mail ... Love, prayers and healing vibes sent across the miles ... Peace & smiles ... FC <3 ...
Thanks, Flowerchild. I appreciate the kind words.

Waiting to phone the vet this afternoon, to give him an update.
Still have to coax Tito to eat. He's on a modified "BRAT" diet (the one humans go on, when they have tummy troubles). Right now I'm cooking some rice and chicken broth and will add to that cut up broiled chicken breast. Hopefully he'll take a few mouthfuls of that.

What a learning event this is. We've gone thru treating cats with kidney failure, in the past, but this is the 1st time we've had a pet with liver disease.(Keeping fingers crossed, for more time...)
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24303 Nov 7, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good news! Just keep getting stronger & stronger.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#24304 Nov 7, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great news!

As for the water, I would have thought some of it might have made it down there but yeah our lakes are really down! Can help you there but if you pay me enough I'll blow some dams? lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24305 Nov 8, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Flowerchild. I appreciate the kind words.
Waiting to phone the vet this afternoon, to give him an update.
Still have to coax Tito to eat. He's on a modified "BRAT" diet (the one humans go on, when they have tummy troubles). Right now I'm cooking some rice and chicken broth and will add to that cut up broiled chicken breast. Hopefully he'll take a few mouthfuls of that.
What a learning event this is. We've gone thru treating cats with kidney failure, in the past, but this is the 1st time we've had a pet with liver disease.(Keeping fingers crossed, for more time...)
Good morning my dear friend, Jolly ... I'm so sorry you are having to go through this but I know you do it out of love for Tito and you'd even do it for Jax if you were here ... No one understands the love for our 4 legged children ... My "company" would not even look toward Jax when Jax went up to 'em ... Reason: I don't beleive pets belong in the "the house"... OOPS, WRONG answer ... it'd been raining and both Jax and Chance had to go ... Jax came in a little stinky like a "WET DOG". well DUH!... I toweled him off, made him dry and sprayed him "Pro-Sense" Freshening Odor Eliminating Coat Mist ... If you can't handle my pup, you can't handle me ... Adios! This may be a short lived relationship ... ya think? Yep! Take me, you take my pups ... Yeah, I've met your mom, sisters, daughters, grand-kids ... but you get the girl, you get the pups ... I didn't like that at all ...

Love, Prayers and healing vibes continue across the miles, Jolly ... fingers crossed ... Hello to D, Kippy, Joe and Moosey ... xoxo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24306 Nov 8, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>That's great news!
As for the water, I would have thought some of it might have made it down there but yeah our lakes are really down! Can help you there but if you pay me enough I'll blow some dams? lol
Hey Bud ... we are 35% capacity ... We need a deluge to stall over Lake Travis ... like it stalled in SE Austin causing all that devastating flooding ... Will you huff and puff and blow our dam down? Please, go for it! LOL ...

Happy Friday ... TGIF, woot woot ... Luvya, FC ,3 ...

6223 ... pair of deuces ... a pair of shoelaces

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24307 Nov 8, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good news! Just keep getting stronger & stronger.
Thank you, Jolly ... you, TOO! <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24308 Nov 8, 2013
Jolly wrote:
p.s. FC: Hope your PT goes well.
0930 to 12:15 ... I am so sore but working both sides of the body ... I can barely move today ... Can you say choke the therapist tomorrow? LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24309 Nov 8, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning, bud ... yes, we got a big old whopping inch out here at the lake ... the already flooded area in SE Austin got more and just added to their problems and, of course, the city was not ready for it ... But, they're working on it ... We need gazillions of rain to fill up Lake Travis ... Water from Lake Travis is being used for towns 15-20 miles east of us, Leander, Cedar Park and maybe (not sure) Liberty Hill ... That just ROYALLY ticks me off when the the FIVE frickin' lakes above us will not open their dam(ns) and give us any of their (filled to capacity) lake water ... DO NOT EVEN get me started ... They want us TO BUY their water ... WHY, why should we. We our their neighbors, Burnet County ... pronounced
Burn-it, dern-it, learn-it ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Enjoy your day! FC <3 ...
Correction 6 inches of rain, not an inch ...
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24310 Nov 8, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Jolly ... you, TOO! <3 ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4PvN7ujfj2wXX
PERFECT song, FC! Tito had a rough night & we didn't get to sleep until after 2 AM and then were up again at 6:20 AM. He seems to be doing better now, has eaten a little and shown an interest in going outdoors.

D's put in his 40 hrs & has the afternoon off, so I'm going to take advantage of it & go get that xray that needs to be done (mine) and then do some grocery shopping. Annual checkup next week with one of the MD's.

D said there were snow flurries down at work (which is a 15 mins. drive south of here), but nothing's falling from the sky here. ha We're in our own little biome.

Some good news: The little art deco movie house downtown almost went out of business, because they needed to raise X # of dollars to upgrade to digital [movie projectors]. Well, they did it! And none too soon, either, as they were originally going to have to close 4 days from now. Phew. The 21st century has finally crept into our little town.

Enjoy the afternoon! Will chat later..........

:o )
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24311 Nov 11, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning my dear friend, Jolly ... I'm so sorry you are having to go through this but I know you do it out of love for Tito and you'd even do it for Jax if you were here ... No one understands the love for our 4 legged children ... My "company" would not even look toward Jax when Jax went up to 'em ... Reason: I don't beleive pets belong in the "the house"... OOPS, WRONG answer ... it'd been raining and both Jax and Chance had to go ... Jax came in a little stinky like a "WET DOG". well DUH!... I toweled him off, made him dry and sprayed him "Pro-Sense" Freshening Odor Eliminating Coat Mist ... If you can't handle my pup, you can't handle me ... Adios! This may be a short lived relationship ... ya think? Yep! Take me, you take my pups ... Yeah, I've met your mom, sisters, daughters, grand-kids ... but you get the girl, you get the pups ... I didn't like that at all ...
Love, Prayers and healing vibes continue across the miles, Jolly ... fingers crossed ... Hello to D, Kippy, Joe and Moosey ... xoxo
Good morning, Flowerchild. Hope you had a nice weekend. We saw "Thor" yesterday & it was decent.

In answer to a previous question: Tito is now 11 yrs old, pushing 12 in Feb. So, for now, that makes him ~ 77+ in human years.

Question: WHY would you spend time with anyone who has the nerve to tell you that dogs only belong outdoors?! It sounds like the old crotchety man doesn't have an ounce of compassion for others in him, so why waste precious time entertaining him? Just saying. You deserve someone better in your life. <There, I've said it...>

Nov. & Dec. look like they're going to be 2 busy months here. A longtime buddy is moving from the left coast all the way to the right coast soon and we're one of the stops-along-the-way for him & his 2 kitties for an overnight stay. It's going to be a hectic few days, when he gets here! It's all good, though.
And then there are the upcoming holidays, which, as usual, I'm cooking for. Fun, fun.

Hope your Monday will be a good one!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24312 Nov 11, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
PERFECT song, FC! Tito had a rough night & we didn't get to sleep until after 2 AM and then were up again at 6:20 AM. He seems to be doing better now, has eaten a little and shown an interest in going outdoors.
D's put in his 40 hrs & has the afternoon off, so I'm going to take advantage of it & go get that xray that needs to be done (mine) and then do some grocery shopping. Annual checkup next week with one of the MD's.
D said there were snow flurries down at work (which is a 15 mins. drive south of here), but nothing's falling from the sky here. ha We're in our own little biome.
Some good news: The little art deco movie house downtown almost went out of business, because they needed to raise X # of dollars to upgrade to digital [movie projectors]. Well, they did it! And none too soon, either, as they were originally going to have to close 4 days from now. Phew. The 21st century has finally crept into our little town.
Enjoy the afternoon! Will chat later..........
Hi Jolly ... so glad to hear that Tito is eating something ... Now, you get yourself down to radiology and get that xray done ... hope good results come from radiologist ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24313 Nov 11, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Flowerchild. Hope you had a nice weekend. We saw "Thor" yesterday & it was decent.
In answer to a previous question: Tito is now 11 yrs old, pushing 12 in Feb. So, for now, that makes him ~ 77+ in human years.
Question: WHY would you spend time with anyone who has the nerve to tell you that dogs only belong outdoors?! It sounds like the old crotchety man doesn't have an ounce of compassion for others in him, so why waste precious time entertaining him? Just saying. You deserve someone better in your life. <There, I've said it...>
Nov. & Dec. look like they're going to be 2 busy months here. A longtime buddy is moving from the left coast all the way to the right coast soon and we're one of the stops-along-the-way for him & his 2 kitties for an overnight stay. It's going to be a hectic few days, when he gets here! It's all good, though.
And then there are the upcoming holidays, which, as usual, I'm cooking for. Fun, fun.
Hope your Monday will be a good one!
Well, he's talking about HIS house has 3/2/1 ... one bedroom would be totally for Jax and Chance ... huh? Who said I wanted to move? Of course one room would be for Jax and Chance but they wouldn't be prisoners! MY RULES: They would have the privilege to roam around the house as if they were King and Prince anyway ... DUH!

It was a great weekend, no rain, drop dead gorgeous weather ... WE/TH to be in low 30's, around 33 ... can't really put a # on it but I have tons of plants to be moved in somewhere so I offered up boxes of stuff for a family of the Halloween Flood Victims ... I was going to have a yard sale but What the hey ... What a better cause ... I told the American Response Team who they recruited me ... must be gone by Wednesday morning so I can have my helper move my plants in the storage builing before it freezes ...

Prayers for Tito, milk bones for he and Kippy, scratch on the head for J & M ... hello to D and lay low and relax ... Keep me up to date on Tito ... Love, FC <3 ...
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24314 Nov 11, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he's talking about HIS house has 3/2/1 ... one bedroom would be totally for Jax and Chance ... huh? Who said I wanted to move? Of course one room would be for Jax and Chance but they wouldn't be prisoners! MY RULES: They would have the privilege to roam around the house as if they were King and Prince anyway ... DUH!
It was a great weekend, no rain, drop dead gorgeous weather ... WE/TH to be in low 30's, around 33 ... can't really put a # on it but I have tons of plants to be moved in somewhere so I offered up boxes of stuff for a family of the Halloween Flood Victims ... I was going to have a yard sale but What the hey ... What a better cause ... I told the American Response Team who they recruited me ... must be gone by Wednesday morning so I can have my helper move my plants in the storage builing before it freezes ...
Prayers for Tito, milk bones for he and Kippy, scratch on the head for J & M ... hello to D and lay low and relax ... Keep me up to date on Tito ... Love, FC <3 ...
Any chance you could leave the plants in the ground (unless they're already in containers?) and just cover them up for the winter with fallen leaves & then a basket (peach baskets work well) on top? That would save you from lugging all those plants into the shed. Just a suggestion.

The vet & I talk every couple of days on the phone about Tito. We're in a wait-and-see mode right now, hoping that with meds & time the liver will start to recuperate (the vet said there is a slim chance of that happening). Thank you for the healing vibes. Tito hasn't eaten much today, but is drinking a lot of fresh water.

Xray: Done last Friday. Results to be received later this week. It's an annual routine; no biggie. Figure I'm too MEAN to croak! LOL

We have a "snow sky" here today and snow showers are expected tonight. Oh goody.*wink*

Christmas shopping is almost done. Peanut is getting (among other things) a bright red flyer wagon this year! She's been climbing in & out of her dollies' little pink wagon lately (tossing out all of her dollies 1st) and asking to be pulled around the house. It was time to upgrade. LOL

You asked how long J's been dating his fiance? 8 years is my guess. They met & started going out freshman year of college. Kids nowadays take their time, before tieing the knot, it seems. They're talking about a springtime 2015 wedding.

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#24315 Nov 12, 2013
It Was So Cold that

A streaker froze in mid-streak! The town council just stuck a plaque on him and pretended he was a Greek statue until spring.

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#24316 Nov 12, 2013
New England Home

My husband and I purchased an old home in Northern New York State from two elderly sisters.
Winter was fast approaching and I was concerned about the house's lack of insulation.
"If they could live here all those years, so can we!" my husband confidently declared.

One November night the temperature plunged to below zero, and we woke up to find interior walls covered with frost.
My husband called the sisters to ask how they had kept the house warm. After a rather brief conversation, he hung up.

"For the past 30 years," he muttered, "they've gone to Florida for the
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24317 Nov 12, 2013
Voyeur wrote:
It Was So Cold that
A streaker froze in mid-streak! The town council just stuck a plaque on him and pretended he was a Greek statue until spring.
When I was an undergrad. at State Univ., a female streaker slipped on a patch of ice, bumped her head & passed out. They took her away in an ambulance. Could you imagine having to explain to your parents exactly HOW this happened? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Right Wing lies 36,705
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Gabriel 988,438
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Chuck 688,652
Mother Should Trust The Goverment? 1 hr Naughty Nasa 1
Main causes of bullying 1 hr HFCS - What It Is 4
How did black people get here ( economically) 3 hr Doctor REALITY 71
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr CongratsYouTool 6,546
More from around the web