Kokopelli's Place, too

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#24278 Oct 23, 2013
Jolly wrote:
A sad week. It's not safe being a schoolteacher. 2 dead teachers in just 2 days time. Is this country going to have to turn to 100% home schooling? Everybody loses, if it comes to that.
:o (
I'm glad I got out of school while I could!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24279 Oct 23, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad I got out of school while I could!
Same here.

I have a daughter who is a high school teacher and I always worry for her safety there (city high school).

Vincit qui se vincit

#24280 Oct 24, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here.
I have a daughter who is a high school teacher and I always worry for her safety there (city high school).
There's no way I would be a teacher, especially in high school! lol
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24281 Oct 24, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>There's no way I would be a teacher, especially in high school! lol
Kids are a lot scarier these days, IMO. They're exposed to too much violence, in the movies, on TV, in video games, etc., which has desensitized them. That's part of what makes them act without thinking about the outcome of their actions. The other part is their immaturity.

Anyway, a good friend of mine taught in a middle school for years, before she decided enough-is-enough. Nowadays, she says the only way she'd go back into the classroom is with a chair and a whip in her hands.

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#24282 Oct 28, 2013
Q: What is a black cat’s favorite color?
A: Purrrrrr-ple!

Q: Which one of your pets should you scare on Halloween?
A: Scare-de-cat!

Q: What is worst than raining black cats and bloodhounds?
A: Hailing taxi cabs!

Q: What animals are the best pets?
A: Black cats, because they are purr-fect!

Q: What is a black cat’s favorite song?
A: Three Blind Mice!

Q: What kind of cats like to go bowling?
A: Black Alley cats!

Q: What did the black cat have for breakfast?
A: Mice Crispies!

Q: Why did the black cat put the letter “M” into the fridge?
A: Because it turns “ice” into a whole lot of “mice”!

Q: What looks like half a black cat?
A: The other half!

Q: What do you get if you cross a black cat with a whit oak tree?
A: A black and white cat-a-logue!

Q: Why do black cats never shave?
A: Because 9 out of 10 black cats prefer whiskas!

Q: Why are black cats such good singers?
A: They’re very mewsical!

Q: What is cleverer than a talking black cat?
A: A spelling bee!

Q: How do you know when your black cat’s done cleaning herself?
A: She’s smoking a cigarette!

Q: What do you call the black cat that was caught by the police?
A: The purrpatrator!

Q: What do you call a witches black cat that drinks vinegar?
A: A sour puss!

Q: What do you call it when a witches black cat falls off a broomstick?
A: A catastrophe!

Q: Where does a black cat get its best Halloween humor from?
A: The purrfect place Halloweenjokes.com !

Q: What did the black cat say when he lost all his money?
A: I’m paw!

Q: What do people in England call little black cats?
A: Kittens!

Q: Why did the black cat join the Red Cross?
A: Because she wanted to be a first-aid kit-ten!

Q: How is Halloween cat food sold?
A: Usually purr can!

Q: What do you call a witches cat that never comes when he’s called?
A: Impussible!

Q: When is it unlucky to see a black cat?
A: When your a mouse!

Q: What is a black octopus?
A: Two black cats fighting!

Q: Why was the black cat so small?
A: Because it only drank condensed milk!

Q: What is a French black cat’s favorite pudding?
A: Chocolate mousse!

Q: What’s the unluckiest kind of black cat to have?
A: A catastrophe!

Q: What did the black cat say to the fish?
A: I’ve got a bone to pick with you!

Q: What do you get if you cross a witches cat with Father Christmas?
A: Santa Claws!

Q: What did the witch call her black cat?
A: Black death!

Q: Did you hear about the black cat who swallowed the ball of orange yarn?
A: She had Halloween mittens!

Q: Did you hear about the black cat who ran up the big phone bill?
A: She called Persian-to-Persian!

Q: What do you call a chubby black kitty?
A: A fat cat!

Q: What do you call a cross between a black cat and a skunk?
A: A mew pew!

Q: How do you spell mousetrap in three letters?
A: C-A-T!

Q: What do black cats drink in the afternoon?
A: Kit-tea!

Q: What was the first black cat to fly?
A: Kitty-hawk!

Q: What do you get if you cross a hungry black cat and a canary?
A: A cat that isn’t hungry any more!

Q: What kind of baths do black cats like best?
A: Milk baths!

Q: How do you get milk from a black cat?
A: Steal its saucer!

Q: Where does a black cat hang its wash?
A: On a feline!

Q: When is a black cat most likely to run out of the house?
A: When the door is open!

Q: What do you get if you cross a black kitten with a vampire stake?
A: A cat-er-pillar!

Q: What do you call a black cat surrounded by a hundred mice?
A: Purr-fectly happy!

Jolly

Corning, NY

#24283 Oct 28, 2013
Cute kitty jokes, Voyeur! Meowzers!

Happy Halloween Week, Everyone!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24284 Oct 28, 2013
LOL! The Mad Iconner has a severe case of "OCD".

;o )

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24285 Oct 29, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
HAPPY MONDAY, FC! It is what it is... LOL Actually, it's a nice sunny, albeit chilly day here today, so all is GOOD.
:O )
Cool weather is the perfect time to cook, so I put a turkey breast to roast in the oven right now. YUM Add some stuffing, gravy (with mushrooms), some hot veggies & you've got comfort food for supper tonight!
Neverfear! LOL I didn't drag "poor" (again LOL) D to the yarn fest on Saturday. He did say he'd come along, though I suspect he was just going to use that as leverage when he wants to go somewhere in the future that I'm not crazy about. MEN: Always thinking ahead. ha
Speaking of yarn: The upscale yarn shop in Bing. is closing forever, soon <<SAD>>, so a drive over there to see what's left to buy is a good idea. Her prices are (IMO) inflated, so it would be nice to scope out the "bargains". I'll see if BFF wants to tag along; she's my partner-in-crime, when it come to bargain shopping! LOL
I find that a critter's coat thickness is directly proportional to the severity of the upcoming winter. Looks like TX is in store for a cold one! We are here, too. Moose's coat is now all thick & luxurious.
I'd love to be a fly-on-the-wall, when you visit across-the-pond! The hugs, story sharing and laughter will be something to experience.
Good afternoon, Jolly ... it's still morning here 1124 ... Oh, say it isn't so ... the critter's coat thickness proportional to the severity of the upcoming winter ... because that is exactly what I'm thinking ...... we've already had 2 cold snaps, 40's at nights which is very unusual ... Now, back to normal, high 80's low in the high 60's ...

my light bill was $68.89 or something like that ... but really have to keep the a/c running & fan oscillating due to seasonal allergies, mold, juniper, ragweed, and others ... better than eating an allergy pill ...

I couldn't figure out what day it was today cuz I was sayin' Happy Wednesday hump day ... Ha! Glad it's only Tuesday cuz Sons of Anarchy comes on tonight and I didn't miss it ... and I watched Boardwalk Empire yesterday from Sunday nights episode ... okay, space cadet has her bearing's straight, ya think? lol ...

You're lucky to have a bff to go yarn shopping ... Guess I missed craft making last night ... and I fell asleep during Game 4 of the World Series ... no wonder I'm all messed up ...good excuse as any ...

Well, getting ready to suit up for the gym after the Y&R ... hope your day is normal and/or great ... Hello to the critters & to D of course ... Take it easy and pace yourself! xoxo
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24286 Oct 29, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Jolly ... it's still morning here 1124 ... Oh, say it isn't so ... the critter's coat thickness proportional to the severity of the upcoming winter ... because that is exactly what I'm thinking ...... we've already had 2 cold snaps, 40's at nights which is very unusual ... Now, back to normal, high 80's low in the high 60's ...
my light bill was $68.89 or something like that ... but really have to keep the a/c running & fan oscillating due to seasonal allergies, mold, juniper, ragweed, and others ... better than eating an allergy pill ...
I couldn't figure out what day it was today cuz I was sayin' Happy Wednesday hump day ... Ha! Glad it's only Tuesday cuz Sons of Anarchy comes on tonight and I didn't miss it ... and I watched Boardwalk Empire yesterday from Sunday nights episode ... okay, space cadet has her bearing's straight, ya think? lol ...
You're lucky to have a bff to go yarn shopping ... Guess I missed craft making last night ... and I fell asleep during Game 4 of the World Series ... no wonder I'm all messed up ...good excuse as any ...
Well, getting ready to suit up for the gym after the Y&R ... hope your day is normal and/or great ... Hello to the critters & to D of course ... Take it easy and pace yourself! xoxo
hiya FC: I was out-and-about, when you posted here. Lunch with the girls & then a little shopping: Bright orange thread to repair a sweater, Heavenly Hash and a bunch of bananas = All essentials to keep things running smoothly around here! ha

J phoned the other day to announce his engagement. WOO HOO -- now I get to be "Mother of the Groom", for a change.*wink* They're talking about a 2015 wedding and getting married somewhere here on the east coast. Here we go, again...

;o )

NCIS is on tonight. They seem to be dragging on about missing Ziva -- WHY??? All Dinoso has to do is fly to Israel to be with her, if he's in love with her. What's the big deal? Sigh...
Oh great -- now I'm hooked on NCIS. LOL

Enjoy the day! Cardinals v.s. Red Sox: May St. Louis WIN this Series! Anyway, that's who I'm rooting for.

Catchya later...

:o )

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#24287 Oct 31, 2013
She lurks below the surface of the lake near Presque Isle, her lithe form forever swimming through the weeds and the mire. Pale and green of skin, her yellow eyes shine luminously in the dark, and her thin long arms wrap themselves around the unwary, while foul-green pointed teeth sink into soft flesh and sharp nails at the end of long bony fingers stroke you into the deepest sleep there is. She is called by many names, but to sailors of Lake Erie, she is known as the Storm Hag.

The creature is a sea witch, an evil Jenny Greenteeth who summoned the storms and pulled shipwrecked sailors down into her evil embrace to live with her forever at the bottom of the lake. Sometimes she waits until the calm right after the storm to attack. When the sailors relax their guard, lulled into thinking that the danger had passed with the storm, the Storm Hag bursts forth from the dark waters of the lake, spewing forth lightening and wind like venom. And the ship will vanish - never to be seen again.

There is only one warning before she strikes. If you listen closely, you can hear her singing against the harsh wind and the thrashing waves:

"Come into the water, love,
Dance beneath the waves,
Where dwell the bones of sailor-lads
Inside my saffron cave."

If you can, flee immediately, for the Storm Hag is right beside you. If you cannot, then pray to your God for mercy, for the Storm Hag will grant you none. Her whirlpool will suck down your ship, and her long green arms will lovingly stroke you into the depths of the lake, where she will feast on your body among the weeds.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24288 Oct 31, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya FC: I was out-and-about, when you posted here. Lunch with the girls & then a little shopping: Bright orange thread to repair a sweater, Heavenly Hash and a bunch of bananas = All essentials to keep things running smoothly around here! ha
J phoned the other day to announce his engagement. WOO HOO -- now I get to be "Mother of the Groom", for a change.*wink* They're talking about a 2015 wedding and getting married somewhere here on the east coast. Here we go, again...
;o )
NCIS is on tonight. They seem to be dragging on about missing Ziva -- WHY??? All Dinoso has to do is fly to Israel to be with her, if he's in love with her. What's the big deal? Sigh...
Oh great -- now I'm hooked on NCIS. LOL
Enjoy the day! Cardinals v.s. Red Sox: May St. Louis WIN this Series! Anyway, that's who I'm rooting for.
Catchya later...
:o )
Good morning, Jolly ... I missed this weeks NCIS but I watched the LA NCIS, it was pretty good. Definitely was chemistry with Mr Deeks and Kensi ... they always throw in some humor ... Deeks is so funny and Heddy doesn't help there ... I'll watch later today on CBS.com ... Yesterday I went and watched the riveting Tom Hanks movie Captain Phillips and it was very intense and a great movie ... I've never seen a bad movied with him in it ... Today we're going to see [email protected] Grandpa which looks to be very funny ... I'll pinch myself if it is not ... Lost Vegas or Las Vegas, another comedy comes out tomorrow and my "company" is coming in town tomorrow and we'll probably go watch it, IF, we get up early enough SA morning, doubt it though ...

Congrats on J ... how exciting ... how long they've been together ... this is total surprise to me ... just like a fortune cookie, lol ...

Unfortunately, Boston took the World Series but there is always next year for the Houston Astros (cough) or The Texas Rangers ... Now, I go into baseball withdrawals so stick an IV in me ... pre-season in March and pre-season baseball (next Daylights Savings Time) seems like a long way from now ... Don't forget to change to clock back this weekend ... So basketball started up a day or two ago and I have the rest of football to go ... and I have my books and my company albeit we'll be switching weekends every now and again since we're not too far away from each other ...

Jax and Chance seem to be getting along very well ... Jax actually plays with Chance so I'm very happy about that ...

I'm sure Charles is glad that it rained like the Dickens last night and early into this morning, a very hard and soaking rain ... I'll be even happier to hear the rain totals and if the lake rose any ...

Kisses to the peanut and hello to D ... Have fun with the yarn sales with bff and take care of YOU! xoxo
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24289 Oct 31, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly ... I missed this weeks NCIS but I watched the LA NCIS, it was pretty good. Definitely was chemistry with Mr Deeks and Kensi ... they always throw in some humor ... Deeks is so funny and Heddy doesn't help there ... I'll watch later today on CBS.com ... Yesterday I went and watched the riveting Tom Hanks movie Captain Phillips and it was very intense and a great movie ... I've never seen a bad movied with him in it ... Today we're going to see [email protected] Grandpa which looks to be very funny ... I'll pinch myself if it is not ... Lost Vegas or Las Vegas, another comedy comes out tomorrow and my "company" is coming in town tomorrow and we'll probably go watch it, IF, we get up early enough SA morning, doubt it though ...
Congrats on J ... how exciting ... how long they've been together ... this is total surprise to me ... just like a fortune cookie, lol ...
Unfortunately, Boston took the World Series but there is always next year for the Houston Astros (cough) or The Texas Rangers ... Now, I go into baseball withdrawals so stick an IV in me ... pre-season in March and pre-season baseball (next Daylights Savings Time) seems like a long way from now ... Don't forget to change to clock back this weekend ... So basketball started up a day or two ago and I have the rest of football to go ... and I have my books and my company albeit we'll be switching weekends every now and again since we're not too far away from each other ...
Jax and Chance seem to be getting along very well ... Jax actually plays with Chance so I'm very happy about that ...
I'm sure Charles is glad that it rained like the Dickens last night and early into this morning, a very hard and soaking rain ... I'll be even happier to hear the rain totals and if the lake rose any ...
Kisses to the peanut and hello to D ... Have fun with the yarn sales with bff and take care of YOU! xoxo
hi FC: Just a quick fly-by note here. Trying to do some vacuuming, before maybe taking Tito back to the vet this afternoon. He's been very ill and it doesn't look good. Preliminary Dx is liver disease, and the vet is trying to determine the cause. Please send some healing vibes to Tito; poor little guy needs them. I slept on the sofa last night, just so I could keep an eye on him during the night.

It sounds like you've got a fun weekend coming up! Enjoy spending time with your company & enjoy the movies.

Catchya later.

UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#24290 Oct 31, 2013
aRooOOOOOoooooo! wOLFIE COME IN WITH BIG sign! "HELLO ALL!" :) Runs out for a feast of candy!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24291 Nov 4, 2013
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
aRooOOOOOoooooo! wOLFIE COME IN WITH BIG sign! "HELLO ALL!" :) Runs out for a feast of candy!
hiya Wolfie! Hope you had a FUN Halloween, chasing all the goblins around! <tosses out some Hershey bars for you to enjoy> Enjoy!

Vincit qui se vincit

#24292 Nov 6, 2013
UIdiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Quit slobbering all over the candy!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24293 Nov 6, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hi FC: Just a quick fly-by note here. Trying to do some vacuuming, before maybe taking Tito back to the vet this afternoon. He's been very ill and it doesn't look good. Preliminary Dx is liver disease, and the vet is trying to determine the cause. Please send some healing vibes to Tito; poor little guy needs them. I slept on the sofa last night, just so I could keep an eye on him during the night.
It sounds like you've got a fun weekend coming up! Enjoy spending time with your company & enjoy the movies.
Catchya later.
Hey Jolly ... how is little Tito doing? Did you take him to the vet? What is the DX? Is it treatable? How old is the little pup? I'm worried about him and want to know as soon as you hear about him. Sorry, my company left yesterday and I've been up to my neck with appointments MO/TU/WE and start PT tomorrow ... Please email me asap. Prayers and healing vibes being sent ... Double prayers and double healing vibes from Jax/Chance and FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24294 Nov 6, 2013
Hello Wolfie .....................

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#24295 Nov 6, 2013
Hey Ricky .....................
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24296 Nov 6, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jolly ... how is little Tito doing? Did you take him to the vet? What is the DX? Is it treatable? How old is the little pup? I'm worried about him and want to know as soon as you hear about him. Sorry, my company left yesterday and I've been up to my neck with appointments MO/TU/WE and start PT tomorrow ... Please email me asap. Prayers and healing vibes being sent ... Double prayers and double healing vibes from Jax/Chance and FC <3 ...
Tito's receiving med. treatment at home now & Kippy's sticking close by, keeping an eye on his older "brother".

You have mail.
Jolly

Corning, NY

#24297 Nov 6, 2013
p.s. FC: Hope your PT goes well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Thinking 63,766
$$$ Fedz Pimping Poisonous Meat - Don't Buy! 17 min HiddnNumbrz 1
Why Won't My Computer Let Me Adjust My Volume? (Oct '08) 28 min jacqueline P Cant... 35
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 30 min Statue 3,802
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,233
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Paul and the twins 445,463
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,858
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr pusherman_ 973,750
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Steve III 653,905
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr lightbeamrider 106,495
More from around the web