“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23966 Apr 18, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hey there FC: So sorry to hear about Pooh Bear's health troubles! Hopefully the vet will find the perfect treatment to make PB feel better.
A thought: With all the updates being done around your home (and they sound wonderful), is it possible that the workmen used some sort of chemical agent that PB's allergic to? Just a thought. Hope you find out what's troubling the poor dog.
I've got 2 of my pets on meds for chronic conditions. Poor little guys. It's always something...
Good afternoon, Jolly! We've emailed since this post so you know the situation ... Urine specimen still not back from Texas A&M at Bryan-College Station to prove or disprove Cushing's Disease ... couple more days of antibiotics ... you will read about last nights storm and WHERE I found PB this morning ... Miracle, I tell you ... very moving and brought tears to my eyes ... but so did the choir singing America the Beautiful following the prayer after Obama gave his speech regarding the Boston bombing ... Goodness, so much in the news these days including the explosion at West, Texas ... It's no wonder I don't watch the news ... Presently the Brewers, Gallardo just pommeled a home run out of the park ... his first 2 RBI's of the year ... yes, I'm watching baseball, what do you expect, LOL ... sure beats the bad news on regular stations ... none of that on Major League Channel, YES!...They're playing SFO and one of my favorite players, Hunter Pence who played, at one time, for the Houston Astros but that probably means zip to you, LOL ... just a little bit of trivia you can throw out at D sometime, to surprise him, haha ... whatwith his love for R/C toys, he'd probably say, "say what?" LOL ... Hope your day is good ... Enjoy it! xoxo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23967 Apr 18, 2013
>>waves to Kitten, Ricky and Voyeur<<
Jolly

Maryland, NY

#23968 Apr 18, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Jolly! We've emailed since this post so you know the situation ... Urine specimen still not back from Texas A&M at Bryan-College Station to prove or disprove Cushing's Disease ... couple more days of antibiotics ... you will read about last nights storm and WHERE I found PB this morning ... Miracle, I tell you ... very moving and brought tears to my eyes ... but so did the choir singing America the Beautiful following the prayer after Obama gave his speech regarding the Boston bombing ... Goodness, so much in the news these days including the explosion at West, Texas ... It's no wonder I don't watch the news ... Presently the Brewers, Gallardo just pommeled a home run out of the park ... his first 2 RBI's of the year ... yes, I'm watching baseball, what do you expect, LOL ... sure beats the bad news on regular stations ... none of that on Major League Channel, YES!...They're playing SFO and one of my favorite players, Hunter Pence who played, at one time, for the Houston Astros but that probably means zip to you, LOL ... just a little bit of trivia you can throw out at D sometime, to surprise him, haha ... whatwith his love for R/C toys, he'd probably say, "say what?" LOL ... Hope your day is good ... Enjoy it! xoxo
D & sports?! LOL That'll be the day. Nuh uh.

Sending POSITIVE healing thoughts out to PB. Hang in there.

Peanut is on her way here now, to spend a few days. So, I may be scarce online. Fun time!

Keep me posted as to how PB is doing. Thanks

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23969 Apr 19, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
D & sports?! LOL That'll be the day. Nuh uh.
Sending POSITIVE healing thoughts out to PB. Hang in there.
Peanut is on her way here now, to spend a few days. So, I may be scarce online. Fun time!
Keep me posted as to how PB is doing. Thanks
Good morning, Jolly! It was very rough night with Pooh last night ... trouble breathing, heavy panting and just a struggle for him ... it kept me up, too! That's just to selfish to admit ... but I just did ... I let him out this morning and just fed him ... still waiting for the urine results from Texas A&M ... otherwise, it seems these overnight symptoms are "new" as they otherwise seemed to be under control with the medication after we discontinued the Tramadol on 4/12/13 ... can't understand that ... maybe a call to the vet is in order ... Okay, just called the vet and s/w Stephanie ... she'll s/w Dr Williams and c/b ...

Hope all is well with you & D ... even if he doesn't speak sports, lol ... Have fun with punkin'... have a good time and we'll talk when we have time ... xoxo
Jolly

Maryland, NY

#23970 Apr 19, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly! It was very rough night with Pooh last night ... trouble breathing, heavy panting and just a struggle for him ... it kept me up, too! That's just to selfish to admit ... but I just did ... I let him out this morning and just fed him ... still waiting for the urine results from Texas A&M ... otherwise, it seems these overnight symptoms are "new" as they otherwise seemed to be under control with the medication after we discontinued the Tramadol on 4/12/13 ... can't understand that ... maybe a call to the vet is in order ... Okay, just called the vet and s/w Stephanie ... she'll s/w Dr Williams and c/b ...
Hope all is well with you & D ... even if he doesn't speak sports, lol ... Have fun with punkin'... have a good time and we'll talk when we have time ... xoxo
hiya FC: Just try to make PB comfortable; that's pretty much all you can do, until the vet figures out what other treatment to give. You're a good mom.

Peanut is snoozing right now (busy morning! LOL). D#1 has taught her a very few words using "baby sign language" and the little one seems to understand. It's cute, she responds by either using her hands or by "talking" (ie: babbling) when asked if she wants: "More" "Water" "Food" or "Kitty". I think that's neat! A gf who's a speech therapist uses baby sign language with her youngest clients, and says that children seem to be able to learn that more quickly than actual speech.

Cool

:o )

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#23971 Apr 19, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
<quoted text>you would like that Ricky ha ha how are you :)
I'm fine and why would I like patting Donkeys neck/ lol

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#23972 Apr 19, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya FC: Just try to make PB comfortable; that's pretty much all you can do, until the vet figures out what other treatment to give. You're a good mom.
Peanut is snoozing right now (busy morning! LOL). D#1 has taught her a very few words using "baby sign language" and the little one seems to understand. It's cute, she responds by either using her hands or by "talking" (ie: babbling) when asked if she wants: "More" "Water" "Food" or "Kitty". I think that's neat! A gf who's a speech therapist uses baby sign language with her youngest clients, and says that children seem to be able to learn that more quickly than actual speech.
Cool
Jolly has a girlfriend?! Yessss!
Jolly

Maryland, NY

#23973 Apr 19, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Jolly has a girlfriend?! Yessss!
Huh? I have lots of gf's. So what???

Perv

LOL
Jolly

Maryland, NY

#23974 Apr 19, 2013
That's it. I'm taking my toys and going home.

HA

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23975 Apr 22, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool
Good afternoon, Jolly! That's nice to hear of the little peanut ... two ways of communication is always great! Lovely to hear of it! Hope your weekend was groovy! It was trying over here ... PB can't speak to me but his labored breathing speaks volumes to me ... The vet, by phone of Friday, said to increase his steroids ... today, she said ti decrease by 1/4 ... then she said, she'd call me in awhile ... I'm still waiting ... He's having a difficult time breathing ... Out of books to read so if I need to bring him in this afternoon will make a run to the library ... DOn't think I'm going to make it to the gym ... I need to rest and so does Pooh ... If he's not resting, neither am I ... we've awake since 4 this morning ... we are tired ... Talk soon ... Prayers for Pooh Bear ... xoxo
Jolly

Maryland, NY

#23976 Apr 22, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Jolly! That's nice to hear of the little peanut ... two ways of communication is always great! Lovely to hear of it! Hope your weekend was groovy! It was trying over here ... PB can't speak to me but his labored breathing speaks volumes to me ... The vet, by phone of Friday, said to increase his steroids ... today, she said ti decrease by 1/4 ... then she said, she'd call me in awhile ... I'm still waiting ... He's having a difficult time breathing ... Out of books to read so if I need to bring him in this afternoon will make a run to the library ... DOn't think I'm going to make it to the gym ... I need to rest and so does Pooh ... If he's not resting, neither am I ... we've awake since 4 this morning ... we are tired ... Talk soon ... Prayers for Pooh Bear ... xoxo
Yes, Prayers For Pooh Bear.

Sending POSITIVE, healing thoughts.

I'm trying to juggle several different tasks here today & am finding that old age + juggling is becoming a hassle. CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!

Catchya later.......... Hang in there.

:o /

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23977 Apr 23, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Prayers For Pooh Bear.
Sending POSITIVE, healing thoughts.
I'm trying to juggle several different tasks here today & am finding that old age + juggling is becoming a hassle. CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!
Catchya later.......... Hang in there.
:o /
Good afternoon, almost in 11 minutes, Jolly ... We acutally got to sleep til 6 this morning ... felt good and Pooh slept well ... we put him on 1/2 of Tramadol yesterday and 1/2 steroid in am and 1/4 in the pm ... Vet said that would make him "hot" and make him thirst and pant "a lot" ... I'm watching him carefully ... just about to bring him back inside ... I hear you on the "Calgon, take me away" ... I'd say I'm on your 6 on that one but that'd be too close for comfort, LOL ... I'll just say, "copy that!" LOL ... Wishing you a lovely day however the day it brings you ... Talk later! xoxo
Jolly

Maryland, NY

#23978 Apr 23, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, almost in 11 minutes, Jolly ... We acutally got to sleep til 6 this morning ... felt good and Pooh slept well ... we put him on 1/2 of Tramadol yesterday and 1/2 steroid in am and 1/4 in the pm ... Vet said that would make him "hot" and make him thirst and pant "a lot" ... I'm watching him carefully ... just about to bring him back inside ... I hear you on the "Calgon, take me away" ... I'd say I'm on your 6 on that one but that'd be too close for comfort, LOL ... I'll just say, "copy that!" LOL ... Wishing you a lovely day however the day it brings you ... Talk later! xoxo
Today's a much better day {HOPE I didn't just JINX it!!!???] than yesterday was. It seems everything I touched either pinched, burned or drew blood. OY: Got a cut from the top of a cat food can, poked fingers while finishing up a sewing project, and got burned while ironing. Ever have one of "those days"??? Must be gremlins around here!

It sounds like PB is doing better. That makes me smile! Hope he gets stronger each day.

It seems there's a "run" on baby boys being born around here, lately! We just got the good news that another friend had a baby boy this AM, and that make 3 (count them: THREE) boys born to friends in the past 2 weeks. Or maybe it's 4 boys?! I'm losing track! LOL Anyhoo: Happy Times!

It looks like we're driving down to the Sunshine State this summer, and I can't wait to see our family & friends down there! The old neighborhood has really gotten crowded, since we left, so we bugged out at a good time. It gets too-close-for-comfort, when you sneeze & the people next door say "Bless You!".*wink*

Hope your day is going well!
Jolly

Corning, NY

#23979 May 9, 2013

“cat lover”

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#23980 May 9, 2013
Hi Jolly how are things going :)
Jolly

Corning, NY

#23981 May 9, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
Hi Jolly how are things going :)
hiya LuAnn: Pretty good here, and you?

Looking out the window & seeing a "flurry" of dandelion fluff! Ruh ro... Spring has Sprung [finally!]
Jolly

Corning, NY

#23982 May 9, 2013
Ooooh, the nasty iconner is at it, again.

I suppose you'd be happier if I drop dead, wouldn't you?

BWAHAHAHAHA

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon, toots.

“cat lover”

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#23983 May 10, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya LuAnn: Pretty good here, and you?
Looking out the window & seeing a "flurry" of dandelion fluff! Ruh ro... Spring has Sprung [finally!]
not bad just had the last of 7 doors and frames put in do to turmits damage :( not a good thing to have in an apparment complex (sp) and 1 of the doors and frames was for the pump house for the pool that hear oopppss and just don't worry about the bad icons just pass them by purr purr

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23984 May 10, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Today's a much better day {HOPE I didn't just JINX it!!!???] than yesterday was. It seems everything I touched either pinched, burned or drew blood. OY: Got a cut from the top of a cat food can, poked fingers while finishing up a sewing project, and got burned while ironing. Ever have one of "those days"??? Must be gremlins around here!
It sounds like PB is doing better. That makes me smile! Hope he gets stronger each day.
It seems there's a "run" on baby boys being born around here, lately! We just got the good news that another friend had a baby boy this AM, and that make 3 (count them: THREE) boys born to friends in the past 2 weeks. Or maybe it's 4 boys?! I'm losing track! LOL Anyhoo: Happy Times!
It looks like we're driving down to the Sunshine State this summer, and I can't wait to see our family & friends down there! The old neighborhood has really gotten crowded, since we left, so we bugged out at a good time. It gets too-close-for-comfort, when you sneeze & the people next door say "Bless You!".*wink*
Hope your day is going well!
Good morning, Jolly ... Sorry about all your boo-boo's ... hope you have a first aid kit around your house ... I know I do ... Happy Friday, Jolly! Things are still too raw around here ... Jax is in mourning and is having separation anxiety ... won't eat, won't drink but I'm watching him closely ... Hope you and D have a delightful weekend ... TTYS xoxo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23985 May 10, 2013
RIP ~ Pooh Bear 4/25/13 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Anthony MN 559,746
Moses never existed 7 min Khatru 765
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Dr_Zorderz 265,227
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min BenAdam 775,941
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min preteen girl 605,090
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 16 min Grau 38
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min RiccardoFire 96,755
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min lisw 175,690
More from around the web