Kokopelli's Place, too

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23926 Mar 31, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish it would warm up, too, but then again it is March & March is such a fickle month up here.
No, the little munchkin will be spending the holiday with her other grandparents, this year. We did have a nice visit with her & her folks last weekend, though. She was the one bright spot in the whole weekend, thankfully.
Would it be possible to move your Easter Egg hunt indoors, since it's supposed to rain that day? Just a thought... Perhaps a school gymnasium, somewhere? In past years, we've had snow to deal with, when the egg hunts were scheduled.
Good afternoon, Jolly! The Easter Egg Hunt went off without a hitch ... there were LOTS of children and parents, hot dogs, lemonade, apple juice ... sometimes I offered lemon juice (a freudian slip;) lol ... well, it slipped, hahaha ... I visited the Arts & Crafts booths but left quickly but not without meeting a very beautiful young lady at the Zilpada Jewelry booth who handed me her business card and a Zilpada 2013 book to peruse at my leisure ... The jewelry is expense but sterling silver and I found 2 items which I'm intereted and I'll call her tomorrow since today is Holy Day and do not want to disturb her during family day ... It rained about 15 minutes today and we had a little larger than pea size hail ... It melted quickly and we're under severe thunder storm watch which I doubt will result in anything ... Hope your day has been good nonetheless and hope the little munchkin is having a good time she'll be able to remember ... Good day to you and D ... xoxo FC <3 ...

“cat lover”

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#23927 Mar 31, 2013
Jolly wrote:
To the BIPOLAR iconner who cruelly gave me negative icons, when I mentioned the death of my father-inlaw: KISS MY AZZ, YOU BASTURRRD. Just remember this: What Goes Around, Comes Around.
Hi Jolly I gave good ones and I guess you posted it on how you feel and sorry for your loss :(
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23928 Mar 31, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon, Jolly! The Easter Egg Hunt went off without a hitch ... there were LOTS of children and parents, hot dogs, lemonade, apple juice ... sometimes I offered lemon juice (a freudian slip;) lol ... well, it slipped, hahaha ... I visited the Arts & Crafts booths but left quickly but not without meeting a very beautiful young lady at the Zilpada Jewelry booth who handed me her business card and a Zilpada 2013 book to peruse at my leisure ... The jewelry is expense but sterling silver and I found 2 items which I'm intereted and I'll call her tomorrow since today is Holy Day and do not want to disturb her during family day ... It rained about 15 minutes today and we had a little larger than pea size hail ... It melted quickly and we're under severe thunder storm watch which I doubt will result in anything ... Hope your day has been good nonetheless and hope the little munchkin is having a good time she'll be able to remember ... Good day to you and D ... xoxo FC <3 ...
hiya FC and Happy Easter! Hope your day has been a nice one.

I've never heard of that brand of jewelry. Silver (and white gold) are my faves! Sounds like you've got a catalog of nice items to choose from.

<Flashback to the 70's) Do you remember when our moms used to host those "Sarah Coventry" jewelry parties at home?! What a hoot.
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23929 Mar 31, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Jolly I gave good ones and I guess you posted it on how you feel and sorry for your loss :(
Happy Easter, LuAnn! And thank you for your kindness.

I've got a stalker out there in topixland who enjoys being mean -- and that's who my nasty comment was directed to. "Stuff" happens.

Take care!

“cat lover”

Tucson

#23930 Apr 1, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Easter, LuAnn! And thank you for your kindness.
I've got a stalker out there in topixland who enjoys being mean -- and that's who my nasty comment was directed to. "Stuff" happens.
Take care!
Happy Easter to you also and just let rool off you bake and roll with the punchs :) that what I do and keepyour chin up

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23931 Apr 1, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya FC and Happy Easter! Hope your day has been a nice one.
I've never heard of that brand of jewelry. Silver (and white gold) are my faves! Sounds like you've got a catalog of nice items to choose from.
<Flashback to the 70's) Do you remember when our moms used to host those "Sarah Coventry" jewelry parties at home?! What a hoot.
Good morning, Jolly! Nice to see you on this beautiful morning ... it's sunny and nice ... no evidence of fog at my 20 ...

61°F
Fog
Feels like: 61°
High 81°Low 62°

I don't quite remember the Sarah Coventry parties as much as I remember the doorbell ringing and the Avon lady appearing at the door ... the Fuller Brushman selling appearing at the door selling to my mom, he was a nice man, and she'd buy from him because he was a nice man and they didn't yield much selling house to house ... My Lyssy was his name ... I remember my first line of credit was buying a Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner and then *boom* I had credit, woot woot, LOL ... that was a ding dong, door bell ringer, too! Man, we'd open the door for anyone ... One time I heard, "FREE" and signed up for the San Antonio paper ... then we got the bill ... My daddy asked me did I sign up for "FREE" newspaper? I said, "yes" ... I was about 11 or 12 ... it was then he told me there ain't nothing "FREE" ... well, he never used the word, "ain't" but you get my drift ... We didn't have to pay the bill because I was underage and the salesperson at the door shouldn't have signed up and, of course, no one called to cancel at the end of the trial period, lol ... you know the drill, ha! Well, hope yall had a nice Easter Sunday ... It was nice and quiet over here ... Today is opening regular season of baseball and you know I'm in baseball heaven ... I must start getting ready for my soap and then suit up for the gym ... sending warm sunshine your way ... Enjoy your day! smooches for the pooches and a scratches behind the ear for the kittens ... xoxo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23932 Apr 1, 2013
Morning Kitten >>smiles and waves<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23933 Apr 1, 2013
Hey there out there Ricky! >waves<
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23934 Apr 1, 2013
A quick FLY-BY to say "hi!", and then on my way out to check up on the neighbor's pooch (who I've been taking care of for the past several days) and then off to get my eyeglasses repaired (yup, broke them AGAIN. Sigh...).

Happy Monday LuAnn & Flowerchild!
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23935 Apr 1, 2013
FC: YGM
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23936 Apr 1, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
<quoted text>Happy Easter to you also and just let rool off you bake and roll with the punchs :) that what I do and keepyour chin up
p.s. That is excellent advice! Thanks
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23937 Apr 2, 2013
hey idiot iconner: you missed doubling up on a few of my comments. LOLOLOLOL

SO predictable! what makes you think I'm going to stop posting, just because you give me negative icons? dream on, dream on....

:o )
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23938 Apr 2, 2013
Happy Tuesday! There's a fresh dusting of snow on the ground here this AM, and the flower bulbs have all burst up from their winter's nap. HELLO SPRINGTIME in the snowy North!

Enjoy the day...

Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23939 Apr 2, 2013
Now what?! This should prove interesting:

Daily Horoscope for April 2
Libra

Influences from your past return to assist you today as the Moon moves into your fourth house of home and family. Some will find that childhood experiences have prepared you for this very moment in your life, while the more mystical among you may find that family spirits have returned to guide you. Don't be surprised if Grandma has a message for you in your dreams.

“cat lover”

Tucson

#23940 Apr 2, 2013
Jolly wrote:
hey idiot iconner: you missed doubling up on a few of my comments. LOLOLOLOL
SO predictable! what makes you think I'm going to stop posting, just because you give me negative icons? dream on, dream on....
Hi Jolly just over look this fool and keep your chin up he/she is not worth posting back to!!!!! and you have too many FRIENDS that care about you Purr purr :) and have a great day
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23942 Apr 2, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Jolly just over look this fool and keep your chin up he/she is not worth posting back to!!!!! and you have too many FRIENDS that care about you Purr purr :) and have a great day
That's a very nice thing to say -- many thanks!

By taunting the iconner, maybe he/she will get carpal tunnel from clicking on all those nasty icons. <SNICKER!>

Ah, one can only hope.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23943 Apr 10, 2013
Good morning, Jolly! Happy Wednesday ... HumpDay or so we call it ... 1/2 the week is gone and where has it gone? LOL ... I have been inundated with "to do" lists ... what with all the check off lists from last week and so far this week I still have a "to do" this morning ... and the flooring guy is coming tomorrow between "8-11" but rest assured he'll show up at 10:55 ... doesn't that always happen, lol ... MO/TU/WE are already compromised next week with appointments, Jeez ... no rest for the wicked, lol ... I say "lol" but I don't mean it ... my fingers just automatically go there,ha! Hope you have been well and so has D ... How is O doing? And the little one? Kippy and Tito, Mousey and Joe? smooches for the pooches ... TTYS~xoxo

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23944 Apr 10, 2013
Heya Ricky, Kitten >>waves<<
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23945 Apr 10, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Good morning, Jolly! Happy Wednesday ... HumpDay or so we call it ... 1/2 the week is gone and where has it gone? LOL ... I have been inundated with "to do" lists ... what with all the check off lists from last week and so far this week I still have a "to do" this morning ... and the flooring guy is coming tomorrow between "8-11" but rest assured he'll show up at 10:55 ... doesn't that always happen, lol ... MO/TU/WE are already compromised next week with appointments, Jeez ... no rest for the wicked, lol ... I say "lol" but I don't mean it ... my fingers just automatically go there,ha! Hope you have been well and so has D ... How is O doing? And the little one? Kippy and Tito, Mousey and Joe? smooches for the pooches ... TTYS~xoxo
hiya Flowerchild: Happy HUMP Day to you, too! You certainly have busy days, lately!

D was sick in bed for several days with a bad cold, when we returned from CT, but he's fine now. O's doing OK; she's one tough old bird. She's been living alone for over a year now, so the transition hasn't been as difficult as it could have been. Thanks for asking.

Company is coming later today; a longtime family friend [as in: our grandparents were friends, long ago] drops by every-so-often, when he has a business trip in the area. D & he have become RC buddies (LOL), and will spend hours modifying and then flying their various aircrafts.*shaking head, laughing: boys-will-be-boys*

Trying to decide whether to drive or fly to FL this summer. We've done both already, and are weighing the pros & cons. De's got leftover vacation time from last year, so time isn't an issue. I'm opting for driving, because there's more flexibility (ie: we can stop & visit friends & family along the route). Decisions, decisions! Flying would get us down there much faster, but that has its hassles, too (hurry-up-and-wait-then-run-to -a-different-gate-at-the-last- minute! ARGGG) Which do you prefer: flying or driving on vacation?

Enjoy the day! We've been getting intermittent rain showers since last night and Joe-the-cat keeps coming in soaked & looking to be toweled off.
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23946 Apr 10, 2013
Sorry for the double post! I accidently hit the "enter" key twice. OOPS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Cat 80,323
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min PadMark 701,540
People R Racists About Cultures 54 min Professor 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 58 min Tony 6,870
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Prince of Darkness 448,397
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Prince of Darkness 995,767
Tronald Dump's Fascist NAZI Coup d'Etat 1 hr GodDog 4