Kokopelli's Place, too

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23822 Feb 22, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya FC: Yup, your entire post has shown up. Pretty cool, all the activity that you've been having this week! A super birthday celebration (!), a great real estate transaction, and [last-but-not-least] new renovations to your home! Lots of excitement and it's all good.
:o )
Question: Is the new flooring wood, or something else? The reason I ask is because my bff had new hardwood flooring put in her house and the installer cautioned her not to place any carpeting on top of it until the floor had been in place for at least 6 months. WELL... Her hubby insisted that they put in large area rugs in both rooms, and guess what? The floor installer knew what he was talking about (well DUH --*wink*). My friend rolled up the area rugs, until they touched the furniture and the brand new wood floor is a different shade where the rug once was. EEK So much for paying attention to good advice!
ha -- Your b'day dinner sounded scrumptious! The only thing "missing" (IMO) were the sauteed mushrooms & onions. YUMMMMMY
[Did I ever mention that I'm addicted to mushrooms?! LOL Yup In fact, when I was a kid, I used to pick mushrooms with my grandma & a ladyfriend of hers, who owned a farm. After a rainstorm was the best time to pick them, as they'd be plentiful out in the fields that her friend owned. Again: YUMMMY]
Good to hear that you're having nice, warm weather! We're still having lots of snowy days and it's still bitter cold -- especially when the wind starts kicking up. I've been daydreaming about Florida beaches for a couple of weeks now! haha Maybe we'll head down there, later this year.
Good morning, Jolly! YOu've got email ... It was the installers themselves who help me put the area rug underneath the desk ... the desk is HUGE and over 100 years old ... I then found another area rug matching the other area rug and put it flush to the original area rug so my desk chair would not roll onto the laminate wood looking flooring ... so I think it'll work out fine .. tomorrow the contractor is coming to fix what needs fixing in the bathroom and then the flooring couple can come back and finish the flooring job ... said contractor will also take out the existing ceiling fan, R&R new ceiling fan with lights and install a new cabinet in the kitchen ... I'll have other jobs for him before I let him go but at least I have his phone number and will pass it around to my friends who can use him as well ...

Gotto go get ready ... Meeting Robin at Red Lobster for lunch ... I am soooooooooooo ready for Lobster today ,,, yumyum ...

Enjoy your day and TTYL xoxo
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23823 Feb 22, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly! YOu've got email ... It was the installers themselves who help me put the area rug underneath the desk ... the desk is HUGE and over 100 years old ... I then found another area rug matching the other area rug and put it flush to the original area rug so my desk chair would not roll onto the laminate wood looking flooring ... so I think it'll work out fine .. tomorrow the contractor is coming to fix what needs fixing in the bathroom and then the flooring couple can come back and finish the flooring job ... said contractor will also take out the existing ceiling fan, R&R new ceiling fan with lights and install a new cabinet in the kitchen ... I'll have other jobs for him before I let him go but at least I have his phone number and will pass it around to my friends who can use him as well ...
Gotto go get ready ... Meeting Robin at Red Lobster for lunch ... I am soooooooooooo ready for Lobster today ,,, yumyum ...
Enjoy your day and TTYL xoxo
Sounds like the reno. is coming along well. Good.

Have you ever tried broiling lobster tails at home? Or boiling a whole lobster? D prepares the tails in the broiler and they're very tasty.

Got your email & have responded, along with a p.s.

Enjoy your lunch date today! Bring me back a doggy bag filled with lobstah, of course! haha

“cat lover”

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#23824 Feb 22, 2013
Kitty snicks in see milk and treats purr purr sorry that I havn't been in for some time :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23825 Feb 22, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the reno. is coming along well. Good.
Have you ever tried broiling lobster tails at home? Or boiling a whole lobster? D prepares the tails in the broiler and they're very tasty.
Got your email & have responded, along with a p.s.
Enjoy your lunch date today! Bring me back a doggy bag filled with lobstah, of course! haha
Hi again ... had a lovely lunch with a lovely lady ... she's always so calm and laid back ... just like her dad ... no, I don't want to date my friends dad ... that would be Phillip's dad, Terry's father-in-law and Robin's dad! STOP IT! NO! How creepy! I've known them about 15 years! He dated my friend for 7 years, ewww, leftovers, hahahahahahahaha NO WAY! Love his pension from the post office as he's been there over 30, no closer to 40 years as he's about 66, dang, maybe he's been there close to 50 years, IDK ... STOP IT! >>laughing<< ... okay, so he sent his platinum card with her and it was our birthday, okay MY birthday lunch, so what! We ordered the most expensive thing on the menu and we started at the bar, hahahahaha STOP it ... she brought a friend to drive her back to work, it was casual Friday and she was casual alright! LOL ... Goodness ... creepy, I tell you ...
Anyway, what were we talking about?...

8907 ... straight ... straight to hades if I don't change my ways, lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23826 Feb 22, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
Kitty snicks in see milk and treats purr purr sorry that I havn't been in for some time :)
Hiya Kitten! Long time no see! Hope you have been well ... and you parents, too! >>leaves a bowl of milk<<

>>releases ping pong balls from rafters<<

MISSED YA, KITTEN!!!!!!!!!!

Hearts, FC <3 ...
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23827 Feb 22, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
hiya LuAnn! Come on in help yourself to our new Seafood Bar. Lobster, Scallops, Shrimp, Salmon, all fresh and all cooked up to your liking!
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23828 Feb 22, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi again ... had a lovely lunch with a lovely lady ... she's always so calm and laid back ... just like her dad ... no, I don't want to date my friends dad ... that would be Phillip's dad, Terry's father-in-law and Robin's dad! STOP IT! NO! How creepy! I've known them about 15 years! He dated my friend for 7 years, ewww, leftovers, hahahahahahahaha NO WAY! Love his pension from the post office as he's been there over 30, no closer to 40 years as he's about 66, dang, maybe he's been there close to 50 years, IDK ... STOP IT! >>laughing<< ... okay, so he sent his platinum card with her and it was our birthday, okay MY birthday lunch, so what! We ordered the most expensive thing on the menu and we started at the bar, hahahahaha STOP it ... she brought a friend to drive her back to work, it was casual Friday and she was casual alright! LOL ... Goodness ... creepy, I tell you ...
Anyway, what were we talking about?...
8907 ... straight ... straight to hades if I don't change my ways, lol
There was chocolate brownie for dessert? With ice cream on top?!

;o )

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23829 Feb 23, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
There was chocolate brownie for dessert? With ice cream on top?!
;o )
yep, it went straight to my blood stream but it was ever so good ... I want more, lol ...

Good morning! The contractor is LATE! grrrrrrrr

do contractors get hangovers?... ya think? why isn't he answering his phone? I feel like driving over to his house and rapping on his door ... that's the only kind of "rap" I know, LOL ...
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23830 Feb 23, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, it went straight to my blood stream but it was ever so good ... I want more, lol ...
Good morning! The contractor is LATE! grrrrrrrr
do contractors get hangovers?... ya think? why isn't he answering his phone? I feel like driving over to his house and rapping on his door ... that's the only kind of "rap" I know, LOL ...
hiya FC: Yup, contractors are often late in getting to the work site. I think it's written up in their "contractors' manual": Section 8a, paragraph 4 states that "unavoidable delays" are to be expected", with the term "unavoidable" being wide open to interpretation. <shaking head in agreement that this is not only ridiculous but, alas, the norm>

So, how are you today? Feeling perky?! We're waiting for the snow to start falling, as forecast by the weather experts. The oncoming storm isn't supposed to hit us as much as originally thought, and is expected to veer north, grazing this region with snow showers & rain. Northern New England is still supposed to get walloped, though.

Trying to decide whether or not we want to see a so-so movie today. There's really nothing exciting to see this weekend.
yyy

United States

#23831 Feb 23, 2013
beakerjo wrote:
<Holding this place open, in case we need to "move" from the current Topix Forum location... that site seems to be "vanishing" from people's trackers today! Don't know why that's happening????>
hy7
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23832 Feb 23, 2013
yyy wrote:
<quoted text>
hy7
hi & Welcome to koko's.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23833 Feb 23, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya FC: Yup, contractors are often late in getting to the work site. I think it's written up in their "contractors' manual": Section 8a, paragraph 4 states that "unavoidable delays" are to be expected", with the term "unavoidable" being wide open to interpretation. <shaking head in agreement that this is not only ridiculous but, alas, the norm>
So, how are you today? Feeling perky?! We're waiting for the snow to start falling, as forecast by the weather experts. The oncoming storm isn't supposed to hit us as much as originally thought, and is expected to veer north, grazing this region with snow showers & rain. Northern New England is still supposed to get walloped, though.
Trying to decide whether or not we want to see a so-so movie today. There's really nothing exciting to see this weekend.
Hi Jolly! So, >>harumph<< the contractor "NO SHOWED, NO CALLED" ... I went to his house and he was not there, BUT, Benny was there ... he used to be my handyman until the whole city found out about him and he was "unavailable" for little jobs like mine, lol ... apparently he was hungover from Larry's Lone Star bar last night ... I told him to put on his big boy britches, I had diagram's, measurements and he was working for me today, LOL ... he said, "okay" hahaha ... so instead of going into town to Home Depot, we went to the mom & pop hardware here at the lake and got what was on my little diagram & shopping list the other "contractor" left with me ... good call, huh! So, he's pounding away ... He asked me if I had a saw, a drill, this and that ... I said I don't know but I have a tool shed, etc ... we got back to my house ... looked in the tool shed and he said my tool shed was a contractor's dream ... I had a saw-zall, a circular saw, a hand-saw, a see-saw, lol ... 3 different kinds of drills, all sorts of stuff ... my trunk was full of stuff for the Purple Heart contribution is why we couldn't put his tools in it when I picked him up ... looks like I need to empty my trunk, lol ... anyway, he's underway with the construction and soon it'll be time to order in ... I think I'll turn my internet radio on some classic rock and roll and read awhile ... it's a beautiful day ... enjoy it whatever yall decide to do ... pics of my new property on FaceBook ... Luvya, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23834 Feb 23, 2013
>>shakes head<< wake up to the heater ... now, it's time for the a/c ... Texas weather ... Gotta love it ... lol ...
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23835 Feb 23, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jolly! So, >>harumph<< the contractor "NO SHOWED, NO CALLED" ... I went to his house and he was not there, BUT, Benny was there ... he used to be my handyman until the whole city found out about him and he was "unavailable" for little jobs like mine, lol ... apparently he was hungover from Larry's Lone Star bar last night ... I told him to put on his big boy britches, I had diagram's, measurements and he was working for me today, LOL ... he said, "okay" hahaha ... so instead of going into town to Home Depot, we went to the mom & pop hardware here at the lake and got what was on my little diagram & shopping list the other "contractor" left with me ... good call, huh! So, he's pounding away ... He asked me if I had a saw, a drill, this and that ... I said I don't know but I have a tool shed, etc ... we got back to my house ... looked in the tool shed and he said my tool shed was a contractor's dream ... I had a saw-zall, a circular saw, a hand-saw, a see-saw, lol ... 3 different kinds of drills, all sorts of stuff ... my trunk was full of stuff for the Purple Heart contribution is why we couldn't put his tools in it when I picked him up ... looks like I need to empty my trunk, lol ... anyway, he's underway with the construction and soon it'll be time to order in ... I think I'll turn my internet radio on some classic rock and roll and read awhile ... it's a beautiful day ... enjoy it whatever yall decide to do ... pics of my new property on FaceBook ... Luvya, FC <3 ...
Gotta love it -- a girl with tools! <that puts my little toolbox to shame -- haha>

So, is the work now complete that was started today? How does it look?
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23836 Feb 23, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
>>shakes head<< wake up to the heater ... now, it's time for the a/c ... Texas weather ... Gotta love it ... lol ...
TX weather is bat crazy! LOL

“cat lover”

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

#23837 Feb 24, 2013
Good moring/afternoon/eveing to all :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23838 Feb 24, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta love it -- a girl with tools! <that puts my little toolbox to shame -- haha>
So, is the work now complete that was started today? How does it look?
Good morning, Jolly ... nope, the floor work under the commode is done ... we went to Home Depot this morning and I went ahead and sprung for an ADA (americans with disabilities act) style commode ... it's higher than a normal toilet ... embarrassing to say but it is what it is ... almost 200 bucks for one ... anyway, got a cool new shower head and a new ceiling fan, sweet!... and all the incidentals associated with each of the above ...$300 + later, whew!... but I'll be happy when all the clean up is done and I see the progression ... then the flooring couple will come in and complete the flooring job ... yippee ... so by weeks end the whole job will be complete ... the, does anybody mind if I go window shopping for a new car?... thank you, thank you very much, LOL ... I'm tired and it's only 1346 ... whew! LOL

What are you doing today ... I slept til 1030 or 1045, I can't remember ... I was supposed to p/u the contractor at 10 so we could go get the materials needed for todays completions ... I haven't paid him yet ... didn't want to pay up front and be left with an unfinished job, know what I mean ... lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23839 Feb 24, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
TX weather is bat crazy! LOL
not today my friend ... it's beautiful ...

70°F
Clear
Feels like: 70°
High 72°Low 55°

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23840 Feb 24, 2013
LuAnn D wrote:
Good moring/afternoon/eveing to all :)
Good afternoon, Kitten! Nice to see my favorite kitten!...

>>purr purr<<
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23841 Feb 24, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly ... nope, the floor work under the commode is done ... we went to Home Depot this morning and I went ahead and sprung for an ADA (americans with disabilities act) style commode ... it's higher than a normal toilet ... embarrassing to say but it is what it is ... almost 200 bucks for one ... anyway, got a cool new shower head and a new ceiling fan, sweet!... and all the incidentals associated with each of the above ...$300 + later, whew!... but I'll be happy when all the clean up is done and I see the progression ... then the flooring couple will come in and complete the flooring job ... yippee ... so by weeks end the whole job will be complete ... the, does anybody mind if I go window shopping for a new car?... thank you, thank you very much, LOL ... I'm tired and it's only 1346 ... whew! LOL
What are you doing today ... I slept til 1030 or 1045, I can't remember ... I was supposed to p/u the contractor at 10 so we could go get the materials needed for todays completions ... I haven't paid him yet ... didn't want to pay up front and be left with an unfinished job, know what I mean ... lol
The reno. sounds like it's coming along well. You're going to be happy, when it's all finished!

I slept late today: 9:30 AM, did a few chores & then we went out to Home Depot (too) & WallyWorld in the afternoon. D's building something and discovered he was short on wiring, hence the hunting & gathering. Friday, we went to the electronics store (his favorite place! LOL) and picked up some components. What's he building? Good question! He's always tinkering with new circuits.

;o )

Kippy's having fun now tossing a rawhide doughnut around the room & pouncing on it. haha 10-1/2 yrs old & he still acts like a puppy, sometimes.

Are you going to watch the Oscars on TV tonight? There's supposed to be an overview of James Bond movies... that's the poop I heard! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Liamm 654,342
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Dr Banonator 64,440
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 10 min Horny jack 26 male 29
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 12 min Horny jack 26 male 14
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min Annaleigh 106,593
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min HipGnosis 183,208
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 47 min hindu shiv 8,499
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min The Hangman 973,918
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web