Kokopelli's Place, too
UIdiotraceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#23700 Feb 11, 2013
Jean-Bertrand Aristide

What happens to poor countries when they embrace free trade? In Haiti in 1986 we imported just 7000 tons of rice, the main staple food of the country. The vast majority was grown in Haiti. In the late 1980s Haiti complied with free trade policies advocated by the international lending agencies and lifted tariffs on rice imports. Cheaper rice immediately flooded in from the United States where the rice industry is subsidized. In fact the liberalization of

Haiti's market coincided with the 1985 Farm Bill in the United States which increased subsidies to the rice industry so that 40% of U.S. rice growers' profits came from the government by 1987. Haiti's peasant farmers could not possibly compete. By 1996 Haiti was importing 196,000 tons of foreign rice at the cost of $100 million a year. Haitian rice production became negligible. Once the dependence on foreign rice was complete, import prices began to rise, leaving Haiti's population, particularly the urban poor, completely at the whim of rising world grain prices. And the prices continue to rise

United States

#23701 Feb 11, 2013
Social Justice magazine, Vol. 27, No. 4 (2000)

In the United States, we were told that the relentless U.S.-led NATO blitzkrieg (23,000 "dumb" bombs and "smart" missiles rained upon Yugoslavia for 79 days) was necessary to protect the human rights of ethnic Albanians in Kosovo. The U.S. Senate labeled Serbia a "terrorist state" (Weiner, 1999: A6).

Yet what could be more "terrorist" than dropping upon civilians—from the sanctuary of high altitude, and from computer-guided missiles —radioactive depleted-uranium weapons and outlawed cluster bombs designed to rip human flesh to shreds? Was it not terrorism to deliberately target the entire infrastructure of this small nation, including the electrical and water filtration systems critical to the survival of civilians? Was it not terrorism to obliterate 200 factories and destroy the jobs of millions of workers?

What of the constant air assault—"fire from the sky"— against cities, villages, schools, hospitals, senior residences, TV towers and studios, oil refineries, chemical plants, electrical power plants, transmission towers, gas stations, homes, farms, marketplaces, buses, trains, railroad lines, bridges, roads, medieval monasteries, churches, historic monuments —destruction amounting to more than $100 billion? What of the incalculable destruction of the environment, including the deliberate bombardment of chemical plants. Above all, was it not terrorism to kill, maim, traumatize, impoverish, or render homeless tens of thousands of men, women, and children?

Not only was NATO's war a reprehensible act of inhumanity, it was also in contravention of all norms of international law, including the Charter of the United Nations.

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#23702 Feb 11, 2013
Idiot wrote:
Jean-Bertrand Aristide
What happens to poor countries when they embrace free trade? In Haiti in rices began to rise, leaving Haiti's population, particularly the urban poor, completely at the whim of rising world grain prices. And the prices continue to rise
Are you so incredibly stupid that you believe all that dull copy/paste propaganda passes for intellect, dull Somalian?

You're as dumb as they come, so why not accept it and take your lowly place, dullard?

United States

#23704 Feb 11, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you so incredibly stupid that you believe all that dull copy/paste propaganda passes for intellect, dull Somalian?
You're as dumb as they come, so why not accept it and take your lowly place, dullard?
Not a somalian but Anti-war AMerican. You warmongering baboon! look not propaganda as these facts come from good US Leaders , the white hats , and those good Us authority in Power .. they criticize the US wrongs , and have you done anything good for a US lately, instead you our US warmongers hisde bad and evil stuf from the public and the world , as you Us war machines is financially and morally bankrupting the US and Us war machines waging wars on the world, ho is this good ? Wake up stupid! ANd this backs up my reference materials!

Marilyn Young, historian

The U.S. can destroy Iraq's highways, but not build its own; create the conditions for epidemic in Iraq, but not offer health care to millions of Americans. It can excoriate Iraqi treatment of the Kurdish minority, but not deal with domestic race relations; create homelessness abroad but not solve it here; keep a half million troops drug free as part of a war, but refuse to fund the treatment of millions of drug addicts at home.... We shall lose the war after we have won it.

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#23705 Feb 12, 2013
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a somalian Anti AMerican. You warmongering baboon! look not propaganda as these facts come from good US Leaders , the white hats , and those good We shall lose the war after we have won it.
'reference materials'?

Your endless copy/paste spam is a thin cover for your lack of depth and pathetic illiteracy, Somalian.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23706 Feb 12, 2013
Good morning Jolly and all friendlies ... Man, I had to scroll through a lot of crap to get here ... mainly, I just hit "go to last page" so sorry if I missed something of yours to me, Jolly! I don't read from the cesspool of negativity ... and there's been plenty of that as of late on our good thread ... So, it took me 2 1/2 hours to clean off my desk yesterday! I was too pooped to pop after that ... I'll have to watch "The Following" on Sunday (FOX) because I was playing on the computer while it was being aired and didn't really pay attention ... I'll watch "Hawaii 5-O" later today since I kind of missed it as well ... If it's not drizzling after my soap opera today I plan on going to Home Depot and ordering closet doors for the master bedroom and grocery store for fruits and fresh vegetables ... I've only had carbs ONCE in 2 1/2 weeks and sugar ONCE ... pretty good ... I think I've lost 10#'s in that period of time and another dress size ... I got into that pair of skinny jeans, LOL ... yippee!

Been up since 0300 something, I got some good quality sleep!... started on topix about 0400 when I finally decided to make coffee ... no splenda, no french vanilla creamer ... YUCK! Black coffee, but it's good quality coffee so not too terribly bad >>wrinkles nose<< ---> yep, grocery store today! >>makes quick list<< OH! the pharmacy, too! Thanks for reminding me! yikes!... Need to get my STHU pills so I can contain myself here, LOLOLOL ...

It's supposed to be drizzlin' out there today and if so I will defer shopping for another day ... "watch out for the other guy" ... It's the other drivers I don't trust ... I like those Allstate checks every 6 months I don't have an accident ... I think my deductible is now $50 so those checks will soon stop, lol ...

Well, I'm rambling ... talking to Jax but he's sleeping and PoohBear is snoring ... no one talking back to me ... Guess that a blessing, haha ... Enjoy your day, Jolly and TTYS ...

Illegitimi Non Carborundum means ---> Don't let the [email protected]@rds Grind You Down, LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23707 Feb 12, 2013
Everyone, Have a great day ... I know I will ... Peace~FC <3 ...

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Since: Jul 08

USA

#23708 Feb 12, 2013
UIdiotraceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Colin Powell, talking about US military power prior to the Gulf W
I want to scare the hell out of the rest of the world
===
Colin Powell told members of the House Armed Services Committee (1992), the United States, required “sufficient power” to “deter any challenger from ever dreaming of challenging us on the world stage.” To emphasize the point, he cast the United States in the role of street thug.
“I want to be the bully on the block ... there is no future in trying to challenge the armed forces of the United States.”
==
Randall Robinson is an African-American lawyer, author and activist, noted as the founder of TransAfrica
interviewed by Amitabh Pal
[Condelleza Rice and Colin Powell] are both dangerous people. What they did in Haiti is a good measure of it. They destroyed a democracy. They squelched loans that had been approved by the Inter-American Development Bank. They did everything behind the scenes, including arming the thugs that came to overrun the country. They're frauds.
Colin is a great American and just how does this wannabe intellectual KNOW that he and Rice did something in secret,if it was done in secret.
More cut and paste conspiracy theory garbage.
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23709 Feb 12, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Good morning Jolly and all friendlies ... Man, I had to scroll through a lot of crap to get here ... mainly, I just hit "go to last page" so sorry if I missed something of yours to me, Jolly! I don't read from the cesspool of negativity ... and there's been plenty of that as of late on our good thread ... So, it took me 2 1/2 hours to clean off my desk yesterday! I was too pooped to pop after that ... I'll have to watch "The Following" on Sunday (FOX) because I was playing on the computer while it was being aired and didn't really pay attention ... I'll watch "Hawaii 5-O" later today since I kind of missed it as well ... If it's not drizzling after my soap opera today I plan on going to Home Depot and ordering closet doors for the master bedroom and grocery store for fruits and fresh vegetables ... I've only had carbs ONCE in 2 1/2 weeks and sugar ONCE ... pretty good ... I think I've lost 10#'s in that period of time and another dress size ... I got into that pair of skinny jeans, LOL ... yippee!
Been up since 0300 something, I got some good quality sleep!... started on topix about 0400 when I finally decided to make coffee ... no splenda, no french vanilla creamer ... YUCK! Black coffee, but it's good quality coffee so not too terribly bad >>wrinkles nose<< ---> yep, grocery store today! >>makes quick list<< OH! the pharmacy, too! Thanks for reminding me! yikes!... Need to get my STHU pills so I can contain myself here, LOLOLOL ...
It's supposed to be drizzlin' out there today and if so I will defer shopping for another day ... "watch out for the other guy" ... It's the other drivers I don't trust ... I like those Allstate checks every 6 months I don't have an accident ... I think my deductible is now $50 so those checks will soon stop, lol ...
Well, I'm rambling ... talking to Jax but he's sleeping and PoohBear is snoring ... no one talking back to me ... Guess that a blessing, haha ... Enjoy your day, Jolly and TTYS ...
Illegitimi Non Carborundum means ---> Don't let the [email protected]@rds Grind You Down, LOL ...
Good morning, Flowerchild: You're an early bird (fweep fweep!) today! I've been up for awhile now, doing a few chores, and just sat down to my breakfast. All the critters have been fed & taken care of, so now it's "Mom/Grandma's" turn to dine. The grandkitties' "parents" are scheduled to return home today, so barring slippery roads this evening (snow is on its way), they'll be going back to their own home. I'm going to miss them, as is Joe-the-cat. He's been having a ball playing with his cousins this whole time. LOL They're cute running around together.

Speaking of slippery roads, I'd better not dilly dally too much & instead should go to the store for a few groceries. Stuffed cabbage rolls sound like a good side dish for supper tonight, so I'm on a mission to hunt-and-gather a tray full. LOL

As for the current conversations taking place on koko's -- as with all fires, this one, too, will burn itself out. Wolfie is welcome to stay as long as he likes. He's one tough dragon wolf.

Keep dodging those raindrops!

:o )

USA

#23710 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>u LIED! u OUR US WAR MONGERS TAKE MORE FROM aMERICA AND wORLD THAN GIVE BACK! rEADUP!
Marilyn Young, historian
keyword(s)
"the U.S. can destroy Iraq's highways, but not build its own; create the conditions for epidemic in Iraq, but not offer health care to millions of Americans. It can excoriate Iraqi treatment of the Kurdish minority, but not deal with domestic race relations; create homelessness abroad but not solve it here; keep a half million troops drug free as part of a war, but refuse to fund the treatment of millions of drug addicts at home.... We shall lose the war after we have won it.
==
John Stockwell, former CIA official ( FROM HIS BOOKS, INTERVIEWS, sPEECHES;;
k
Coming to grips with ... U.S./CIA activities in broad numbers and figuring out how many people have been killed in the jungles of Laos or the hills of Nicaragua is very difficult. But, adding them up as best we can, we come up with a figure of six million people killed-and this is a minimum figure. Included are: one million killed in the Korean War, two million killed in the Vietnam War, 800,000 killed in Indonesia, one million in Cambodia, 20,000 killed in Angola ... and 22,000 killed in Nicaragua. These people would not have died if U.S. tax dollars had not been spent by the CIA to inflame tensions, finance covert political and military activities and destabilize societies.
===
sO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY OUR IGNORANT IGNORANUs! HAVE A HINEY mELON aRROOoooOOOOO!
Coming to grips with ... U.S./CIA activities in broad numbers and figuring out how many people have been killed in the jungles of Laos or the hills of Nicaragua is very difficult. But, adding them up as best we can,

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Another wild GUESS by a conspiracy theorist. Put your tinfoil hat on over your pointy ears wolf breath
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23711 Feb 12, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not anything to me.
Get a grip granny
Oooh, good comeback --GRANDPA! HAHAHAHAHA

You're at least a decade OLDER than me, y'know.

USA

#23712 Feb 12, 2013
Thomas Bodenheimer and Robert Gould
in their book 'Rollback'
Our hearts where they rocked our cradle,
Our love where we spent our toil,
And our faith, and our hope, and our honor,
We pledge to our native soil.
God gave all men all earth to love,
But since our hearts are small,
Ordained for each one spot should prove
Beloved over all.
~Rudyard Kipling

It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism.~J. Horace McFarland

[P]atriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.~Adlai Stevenson

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag.~Author Unknown
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23713 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>wHAT KIND NASTY HUMAN ARE YOU BULLYING OUR sENIORS?
U WARMONGERING BABOON!
Thanks, Wolfie. Hey, did you know that Redneck is at least 10 years OLDER than I am? Yup. Talk about being an OLD FART REDNECK! Wrinkles & all.

LOL

USA

#23714 Feb 12, 2013
ADD! Donald trump Said US on it way to become a Third World NAtion!
OHHH NOOOO, not Donald Trump. He is such an intellectual power house, such a well spring of world knowledge, such an absolutely wonderful American.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA
WHAT A MAROON.
ROTHFLMMFGDAO

USA

#23715 Feb 12, 2013
USA IS POLICE STATE beacause of you US war mongers Supporting Corrupted US warring Militaristic imperialism!
The Nation "SWAT Nation," May 31, 1999
Throughout the nation, paramilitary,SWAT or tactical policing—that is, law enforcement that uses the equipment, training, rhetoric and group tactics of war—is on the rise. According to a study by sociologist Peter Kraska, the nation has more than 30,000 such heavily armed, militarily trained police units... Between 1995 and 1997 the DOD (United States Department of Defense) gave local police departments more than 3,800 M-16 automatic assault rifles, 2,185 M14 semiautomatic rifles, 73 M-79 grenade launchers and 112 armored personnel carriers—1.2 million pieces of military hardware in 1997 alone.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA
The only ones who have a problem with law enforcement being better armed and better trained than the criminals is the criminals. Predators beware, law enforcement is armed and ready to stand between you and the innocent people that you would prey on.

USA

#23716 Feb 12, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh, good comeback --GRANDPA! HAHAHAHAHA
You're at least a decade OLDER than me, y'know.
Yep, older and wiser and proud of it too.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23717 Feb 12, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, older and wiser and proud of it too.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA
Wiser? No, no. The word you're looking for is "Wiseazz".

BWA.HA.HA!
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23718 Feb 12, 2013
"Clueless, Nuts, Mean"? HAHAHA Aw, someone's trying to hurt my widdle feelings.= FAIL! LOL

;o )

Calling Redneck a wiseazz is milder than the filth he's called me.
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23719 Feb 12, 2013
LOL!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23720 Feb 12, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Flowerchild: You're an early bird (fweep fweep!) today! I've been up for awhile now, doing a few chores, and just sat down to my breakfast. All the critters have been fed & taken care of, so now it's "Mom/Grandma's" turn to dine. The grandkitties' "parents" are scheduled to return home today, so barring slippery roads this evening (snow is on its way), they'll be going back to their own home. I'm going to miss them, as is Joe-the-cat. He's been having a ball playing with his cousins this whole time. LOL They're cute running around together.
Speaking of slippery roads, I'd better not dilly dally too much & instead should go to the store for a few groceries. Stuffed cabbage rolls sound like a good side dish for supper tonight, so I'm on a mission to hunt-and-gather a tray full. LOL
As for the current conversations taking place on koko's -- as with all fires, this one, too, will burn itself out. Wolfie is welcome to stay as long as he likes. He's one tough dragon wolf.
Keep dodging those raindrops!
Good afternoon, Jolly ... had broiled sliced chicken and buttered pasta with broiled veggies at 0400 this morning ... just had two bowls of organic Raisin Bran ... I think I'm working backwards ... have been on topville all day long ... time to give my back and neck a rest ... I got a video via netflix and getting reading to slip it in the DVD player so I'll probably fall asleep in the recliner ... The sun came out and the pups are out basking in it ... Jax managed to track some mud in but that's okay Eva will be here in 50 minutes to vacuum it up ... I'll just raise my feet when she gets to my area, lol ... Enjoy your afternoon! It's movie time ... Have fun! FC xo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Worth Repeating 37,152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Tellthetruth 988,555
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 51 min HFCS - What It Is 4
We do NOT need any walls! 1 hr my opinions 35
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Reality is Bliss 688,830
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,550
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Classic 4,333
More from around the web