Vincit qui se vincit

#23474 Jan 8, 2013
Need sleeping pills? lol
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23475 Jan 10, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Need sleeping pills? lol
You do realize that you're leaving yourself WIDE OPEN to me asking what kind of pills you need, right? LOL

Enjoying a sunny day, here in the snowy white north!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#23476 Jan 10, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that you're leaving yourself WIDE OPEN to me asking what kind of pills you need, right? LOL
Enjoying a sunny day, here in the snowy white north!
Why are you selling? lol

Vincit qui se vincit

#23477 Jan 10, 2013
The Kohls' Bag

(This is funny! This could only be true; you simply can't make this stuff up!)

Clutching their Kohl's shopping bags, Ellen and Kay woefully gazed down at a dead cat in the mall parking lot. Obviously a recent hit..no flies, no smell.. What business could that poor kitty have had here?' murmured Ellen..'

Come on, Ellen, let's just go...' But Ellen had already grabbed her shopping bag and was explaining,'I'll just put my things in your bag, and then I'll use this tissue...'

She dumped her purchases into Kay's bag and then used the tissue paper to cradle and lower the former feline into her own Kohl's bag and cover it.

They continued the short trek to the car in silence, stashing their goods in the trunk. But it occurred to both of them that if they left Ellen's burial bag in the trunk, warmed by the Texas sunshine while they ate, Kay's Lumina would soon lose that new-car smell.

They decided to leave the bag on top of the trunk, and they headed over to K & W Cafeteria.

They went through the serving line and sat down at a window table. They had a view of Kay's Chevy with the Kohl's bag still on the trunk.

BUT not for long! As they ate, they noticed a large woman in a red gingham shirt stroll by their car. She looked quickly this way and that, and then took the Kohl's bag without breaking stride. She quickly walked out of their line of vision. Kay and Ellen shot each other a wide-eyed look of amazement.
It all happened so fast that neither of them could think how to respond.'Can you imagine?' finally sputtered Ellen..'The nerve of that woman!' Kay sympathized with Ellen, but inwardly a laugh was building as she thought about the grand surprise awaiting the female thief.
Just when she thought she'd have to giggle into her napkin, she noticed Ellen's eyes freeze in the direction of the serving line. Following her gaze, Kay recognized the large woman in the red gingham shirt with the Kohl's bag hanging from her arm. She was brazenly pushing her tray toward the cashier.
Helplessly they watched the scene unfold: After leaving the register, the woman settled at a table across from theirs, put the bag on an empty chair and began to eat.
After a few bites of baked whitefish and green beans, she casually lifted the bag into her lap to survey her treasure. Looking from side to side, but not far enough to notice her rapt audience three tables over, she pulled out the tissue paper and peered into the bag.
Her eyes widened, and she began to make a sort of gasping noise. The noise grew. The bag slid from her lap as she sank to the floor, wheezing and clutching her upper chest. The beverage cart attendant quickly recognized a customer in trouble and sent the busboy to call 911, while she administered the Heimlich maneuver.
A crowd quickly gathered that did not include Ellen and Kay, who remained riveted to their chairs for seven whole minutes until the ambulance arrived. In a matter of minutes, the large woman with the red gingham shirt emerged, still gasping, and securely strapped on a gurney.
Two well-trained EMT volunteers steered her to the waiting ambulance, while a third scooped up her belongings. The last they saw of the distressed cat-burglar was as she disappeared behind the ambulance doors.......... the Kohl's Bag perched on her stomach!!

GOD does take care of those who do bad things! AND once in a while....He allows us to witness!
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23478 Jan 10, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you selling? lol
What am I "selling"? Nope, not selling anything, not even Girl Scout Cookies.

You kids & your quirky sense of humor -- HA!

Up here, snow is just snow: white, wet, cold & it falls as flakes from the clouds in the sky. Not sure what "snow" represents in your neck-of-the-woods?
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23479 Jan 10, 2013
GRANDMA POWER! We can put even the crankiest baby asleep with a cuddle. Whip up a soft knitted blanket in no time. And bake chocolate chip cookies while singing nursery rhymes. DON'T MESS WITH US, or you'll end up taking a nap! LOL

We will always have round handled lollipops in our purses.

;o )
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23480 Jan 10, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
The Kohls' Bag
(This is funny! This could only be true; you simply can't make this stuff up!)
Clutching their Kohl's shopping bags, Ellen and Kay woefully gazed down at a dead cat in the mall parking lot. Obviously a recent hit..no flies, no smell.. What business could that poor kitty have had here?' murmured Ellen..'
Come on, Ellen, let's just go...' But Ellen had already grabbed her shopping bag and was explaining,'I'll just put my things in your bag, and then I'll use this tissue...'
She dumped her purchases into Kay's bag and then used the tissue paper to cradle and lower the former feline into her own Kohl's bag and cover it.
They continued the short trek to the car in silence, stashing their goods in the trunk. But it occurred to both of them that if they left Ellen's burial bag in the trunk, warmed by the Texas sunshine while they ate, Kay's Lumina would soon lose that new-car smell.
They decided to leave the bag on top of the trunk, and they headed over to K & W Cafeteria.
They went through the serving line and sat down at a window table. They had a view of Kay's Chevy with the Kohl's bag still on the trunk.
BUT not for long! As they ate, they noticed a large woman in a red gingham shirt stroll by their car. She looked quickly this way and that, and then took the Kohl's bag without breaking stride. She quickly walked out of their line of vision. Kay and Ellen shot each other a wide-eyed look of amazement.
It all happened so fast that neither of them could think how to respond.'Can you imagine?' finally sputtered Ellen..'The nerve of that woman!' Kay sympathized with Ellen, but inwardly a laugh was building as she thought about the grand surprise awaiting the female thief.
Just when she thought she'd have to giggle into her napkin, she noticed Ellen's eyes freeze in the direction of the serving line. Following her gaze, Kay recognized the large woman in the red gingham shirt with the Kohl's bag hanging from her arm. She was brazenly pushing her tray toward the cashier.
Helplessly they watched the scene unfold: After leaving the register, the woman settled at a table across from theirs, put the bag on an empty chair and began to eat.
After a few bites of baked whitefish and green beans, she casually lifted the bag into her lap to survey her treasure. Looking from side to side, but not far enough to notice her rapt audience three tables over, she pulled out the tissue paper and peered into the bag.
Her eyes widened, and she began to make a sort of gasping noise. The noise grew. The bag slid from her lap as she sank to the floor, wheezing and clutching her upper chest. The beverage cart attendant quickly recognized a customer in trouble and sent the busboy to call 911, while she administered the Heimlich maneuver.
A crowd quickly gathered that did not include Ellen and Kay, who remained riveted to their chairs for seven whole minutes until the ambulance arrived. In a matter of minutes, the large woman with the red gingham shirt emerged, still gasping, and securely strapped on a gurney.
Two well-trained EMT volunteers steered her to the waiting ambulance, while a third scooped up her belongings. The last they saw of the distressed cat-burglar was as she disappeared behind the ambulance doors.......... the Kohl's Bag perched on her stomach!!
GOD does take care of those who do bad things! AND once in a while....He allows us to witness!
POOR kitty cat! But the thief got what she deserved.

Vincit qui se vincit

#23481 Jan 11, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
POOR kitty cat! But the thief got what she deserved.
Yes she did! lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23482 Jan 15, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm feeling a lot better today -- thanks for asking!
No worries about D working too hard (LOL). When his workday is over, he comes home to PLAY, while I'm puttering around here until bedtime. Even when I was working FT in the lab, I'd still have to come home to laundry, cleaning, etc. <Next life: I want to come back as a MALE! They seem to get all the perks.>
The critters all say "hi", and Joe-the-cat says "Me, too!".
I ordered the 1st 3 Jack Reacher paperbacks in the series. Looking forward to sharing them with D.
SKIP THE GYM today!!! There will be plenty of other days that you can go, when you're feeling better.(JMO) "Mom" has spoken! LOL
:o )
Good morning, Jolly ... I finally got over the 2nd bout with the crud ... wasn't as bad as the 1st bout of the crud but man it was nasty ... tough to get rid of ... how about you? how you feeling? pretty feisty? it's all good! I finished a book, Reckless by Anthony Gross, a Ty Hauckman series ... it was excellent ... the other Hauckman series books I've read have also been good ... I am positive that D will like the Jack Reacher series ... he will be hooked! You'll be a Jack Reacher widow, lol ... So glad we are both better ... Am going to finish watching Batman: The Dark Knight Rises so I can get it out in todays mail ... TTYS xoxo
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23483 Jan 15, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Jolly ... I finally got over the 2nd bout with the crud ... wasn't as bad as the 1st bout of the crud but man it was nasty ... tough to get rid of ... how about you? how you feeling? pretty feisty? it's all good! I finished a book, Reckless by Anthony Gross, a Ty Hauckman series ... it was excellent ... the other Hauckman series books I've read have also been good ... I am positive that D will like the Jack Reacher series ... he will be hooked! You'll be a Jack Reacher widow, lol ... So glad we are both better ... Am going to finish watching Batman: The Dark Knight Rises so I can get it out in todays mail ... TTYS xoxo
hiya FC and Happy Tuesday to you! Glad to hear that we're BOTH finally over the flu -- that was a DOOZIE, wasn't it?

I got up early today, to wait for the furnace guy to come & do the annual cleaning. So far, he's an hour late. Sigh... Oh well, it's probably an emergency call that he's on somewhere. He'll get here, eventually.

Snow's in the forecast for here starting tonight and continuing all day tomorrow, so I was hoping to get to the grocery store today & pick up a few needed items. Tito reminded me to pick up some Beggin' Strips for him & Kippy, so I'd better not forget those! LOL The pups are funny, as they always check out the grocery bags, to see what I've brought home for them.

Getting busy around here, in the next few weeks, which is fine & dandy! The grand is getting baptised soon, and after that I'm kittysitting for 2 sets of kitties. Never a dull moment (and it's all good).

What "Jack Reacher widow"??? I'm planning to read the books, too!

;o )

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#23484 Jan 17, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
hiya FC and Happy Tuesday to you! Glad to hear that we're BOTH finally over the flu -- that was a DOOZIE, wasn't it?
I got up early today, to wait for the furnace guy to come & do the annual cleaning. So far, he's an hour late. Sigh... Oh well, it's probably an emergency call that he's on somewhere. He'll get here, eventually.
Snow's in the forecast for here starting tonight and continuing all day tomorrow, so I was hoping to get to the grocery store today & pick up a few needed items. Tito reminded me to pick up some Beggin' Strips for him & Kippy, so I'd better not forget those! LOL The pups are funny, as they always check out the grocery bags, to see what I've brought home for them.
Getting busy around here, in the next few weeks, which is fine & dandy! The grand is getting baptised soon, and after that I'm kittysitting for 2 sets of kitties. Never a dull moment (and it's all good).
What "Jack Reacher widow"??? I'm planning to read the books, too!
;o )
Good morning, Jolly ... that's so funny! Now, why can I see Tito and Kippy on their two hind legs looking and searching in your grocery bags, like little kids, to see what you've got in them? Really, why can I imagine that? Kind of like when I open the refrigerator door ... PB and Jax know they are NOT allowed in the kitchen or off the carpet during cooking or eating hours ... so they stay on the carpet ... but once dishes are rinsed and put away PB comes in sniffing around to find any morsel of food that might have hit the ground accidentally, lol ... manipulators, the whole lot of them, ha!

That is nice the grand being baptized ... congrats ... nice to hear it ... Heading out to San Antonio in just a few ... haven't been there in awhile so it's almost like uncharted territory for me ... I'm going to take my book, Plum Island with me, for one last attempt to "get in to it" ... At Chapter 13 if I still can't get into it ... I'm taking it back to the library ... I KNOW I can get into the next to by the same author, Nelson DeMille ... I know what they're about ...

Enjoy your day! xoxo
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23485 Jan 23, 2013
Happy HUMP DAY!

It's a balmy 3 degrees here in the tundra, today.

Hot cocoa, anyone?

Vincit qui se vincit

#23486 Jan 28, 2013
Jolly wrote:
Happy HUMP DAY!
It's a balmy 3 degrees here in the tundra, today.
Hot cocoa, anyone?
I'll take some, thanks!
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23487 Jan 28, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I'll take some, thanks!
Coming right up! Marshmellows floating in it, too.

Going out to shovel snow now, before the snowfall turns to freezing rain. BRRR

:o /

Vincit qui se vincit

#23488 Jan 28, 2013
Jolly wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming right up! Marshmellows floating in it, too.
Going out to shovel snow now, before the snowfall turns to freezing rain. BRRR
:o /
Sounds like fun!

Hey these marsh-mellows are swimming and appear to have legs? What did you really put in my drink? lol
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23489 Jan 28, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like fun!
Hey these marsh-mellows are swimming and appear to have legs? What did you really put in my drink? lol
Haven't you ever heard of marshmellows doing the backstroke? LOL
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23490 Jan 28, 2013
Diving into a mug of hot cocoa sounds good right about now. The snow flurries switched over to freezing rain earlier, soaking every inch of my jacket.(Even my bones feel cold now...)

OK, enough of this winter chill! It was nice for a little while, but now we could use some sunshine & WARMTH. Kapeesh? LOL

Vincit qui se vincit

#23491 Jan 30, 2013
Spring is around the corner so hang tight!
Jolly

Oneonta, NY

#23492 Jan 30, 2013
Sounds good!

Vincit qui se vincit

#23493 Jan 30, 2013
Jolly wrote:
Sounds good!
5 years and Wolf pup hasn't changed a bit? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min truth 650,176
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Bongo 56,123
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 2 hr akon mason 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 618,575
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 hr Johnny 4,848
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 4 hr Johnny 507
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr Steve III 439
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Steve III 44,955
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr another viewer 971,759
More from around the web