Do You Have To Go To Church To Get To Heaven?

Created by yoga chic on Oct 25, 2007

3,003 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

True Christian witness

Tulsa, OK

#2646 Jan 5, 2013
It is all false religions including Christendom that produces hypocrites, because of the false doctrines they teach as fact. Matthew 15:9

Jesus taught the truth of the Scriptures will make you free, free from the bondage that fasle religion keeps people in them. The teaching of hellfire punishment for one or that all good people go to heaven when they die.
2Corinthians 10:4

True Christians must worship Almighty God Jehovah, the one true God of the Bible as Jesus taught and as our example, we must produce the fruitage of God's holy spirit.

(Galatians 5:22-24).†.†.the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23†mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24†Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus impaled the flesh together with its passions and desires.

(Galatians 5:19-21).†.†.the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, 20†idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, 21†envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these. As to these things I am forewarning YOU, the same way as I did forewarn YOU, that those who practice such things will not inherit Godís kingdom.
Mother Mary

Elmwood Park, IL

#2647 Jan 5, 2013
sooner wrote:
Those of you responding with a "NO" what is some of your plans on how to get to heaven?
How can I explain this.......They are out there....they visit.....they study and the control all life on this floating petri dish. Humans call them Gods.......the humans that have not been brainwashed call them the creators..........the world was flat in the Bible hayday.....that was wrong! To many galaxies to count.....they do exist.
Charles

Port Orchard, WA

#2648 Jan 27, 2013
sooner wrote:
Those of you responding with a "NO" what is some of your plans on how to get to heaven?
How about: believe that Jesus Christ is my lord and savior, dies on the cross for my sins, and rose 3 days later. Therefore I am saved. Now, staying saved requires effort. If it is not the church, but rather the pros in it, then it stands to reason that I can meet with people who believe, practice christianity by living this example, and never set foot in a Church.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#2649 Jan 27, 2013
To get to heaven,you have to BELIEVE what the Holy Bible says about the Lord Jesus Christ.....and then you have to use the POWER of CHOICE and ask Him to SAVE you...and He WILL. Just keepin' it REAL.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2650 Jan 29, 2013
No. You can meet God anywhere and everywhere. Church is for worship and coming together as brethren.
Pink wolf

Rocky Hill, CT

#2651 Feb 24, 2013
rchcrnium wrote:
religion is an excuse for weak minded people looking for comfort or guidance. belive in yourself, do the right thing and, hey, who gives a crap when your dead. your gone. it was nice knowing you. back to the earth. some people need the comfort of fictional dreamlands to keep from living scared, oh yeah, they also use it to forgive themselves when they're raping our kids.

I don't like u
Pink wolf

Rocky Hill, CT

#2652 Feb 24, 2013
No. You just have to believe that the bible is real. And You have to believe that heaven is real. Ask god/the lord to forgive you for any sins and he will.
sheet

Leicester, UK

#2654 Apr 12, 2013
y mam
pussypatrol

Leicester, UK

#2655 Apr 12, 2013
swag
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#2656 Apr 12, 2013

“FAITH IN MANKIND”

Since: Mar 13

AT PEACE WITH NATURE

#2657 Apr 12, 2013
Pink wolf wrote:
No. You just have to believe that the bible is real. And You have to believe that heaven is real. Ask god/the lord to forgive you for any sins and he will.
You think???

Love God love your neighbor

2 biggies there

One can believe and not love

One can believe and not follow
Brebre2701

Demorest, GA

#2658 Jul 9, 2013
Tontey wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a very interesting topic. just to express what I feel about going to heaven, First I feel of course, anyone can be acceptable to god as long as they repent of their sins. and in my religion only a certain amount of people will be going to heaven which is of the annointed. second, I disagree with the fantasy stories that says your going to hell if your bad. although it says in the bible there's a hell, that just means She'ol which is basically defined we're eventually going to the ground. yeah sad, but thank god for the good news.....we have a savior that can and will bring us back to life but he won't if we choose to do our own thing. thats why most of us will die. men has put in our minds LIVE FOR TODAY DIE TOMORROW!! but when day of judgement comes it will be too late for you and I. we can't pretend to be ms or mr goodie goodie. its been that way since our Parents Adam and Eve took the fruit of which Jehovah God told them not to. and ever since man has been dominating man to their own injury it hasn't stopped until God says it'a over. and Paradise will come in to play.
I'll go in to detail of what I believe if anyone wishes for me to continue.
I will dimiss myself if anyone feels I'm a show stopper in his discussion
^^yes^^
Hulu

Chicago, IL

#2659 Aug 8, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
To get to heaven,you have to BELIEVE what the Holy Bible says about the Lord Jesus Christ.....and then you have to use the POWER of CHOICE and ask Him to SAVE you...and He WILL. Just keepin' it REAL.
The God/Devil, Heaven/Hell, Adam?Steve are all manmade fantasy worlds.......made to seem real to the brainwashed follower......Have you ever seen a God? Billions of humans on this planet and not one credible video of a God.....kind of strange for such a powerful and almighty being dont you think? The people that ran out of the WTT....and the jumpers.....where was this God?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#2660 Aug 8, 2013
yoga chic wrote:
I am just curious as to what people believe. This has always been a question for me. Sorry I didn't put in a Don't Know answer, thought I did.
Believing that going to church would somehow secure you a place in heaven is no different than believing that your 'good works' will get you into heaven. So the answer is 'NO': Merely going to church is not going to get you IN to heaven, and not going to church is not going to keep you OUT of heaven. But the Holy Bible does say 'Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together'. So if you are able to go to church and worship the Lord with others, and fellowship with God's people, and all of the visitors, by all means, do so. It's good for your soul.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#2661 Aug 10, 2013
You must be a true Christian to receive the reward of everlasting life from Jehovah God. To imitate Jesus, you must read and obey God's word as Jesus taught the Law of Christ and has a new covenant with Jehovah God.
Luke 22:19,20

The reward of going to heaven is not open to mankind today, that reward was only for the anointed of God or the born again Christians who were martyrs for their faith in God's word the Bible as Jesus Christ was.
Psalm 37:11 and 29
Matthew 5:5

The reward for mankind today is to inherit this earth and see it restored to a paradise of peace and happiness being ruled in righteousness by God's Kingdom with Jesus as King in heaven right now.
Matthew 24:14

This world has heard the Good news of God's Kingdom from Jehovah's witnesses to the most distant parts of this planet, there is no one that can say there was no prophet of God to direct mankind in these last days.
Every ungodly person will be removed from this earth and only the meek true Christian witnesses of Jehovah God will survive to inherit this earth.
Revelation 7:14
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#2663 Aug 11, 2013
It is very true, those who hate Jehovah's witnesses are just jealous of not having a true hope for their future.
They face eternal death, with no resurrection, and it's a fact Jehovah's witnesses are always updating information, how else could we be used by Jehovah God to help people...Matthew 24:14

Old terminology and old head knowledge is useless in these last days, our understanding is much more clearer now, just like the apostles who Jesus used to preach the Kingdom good news in their day.

Money is the last thing the Society focuses on today, and anyone who knows how much printing and publishing costs knows that Jehovah's witnesses pay for their own expenses. Do not believe the lies against God's people.

Voluntary donations from the public just show their appreciation for this world wide preaching work, and the majority of people who do read the magazines don't give a nickle, they receive them no charge.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#2664 Sep 7, 2013
Sounds like True (NON) Christian (Jehovah's) Witness is trying to convince himself, the art of "Self Persuasion".

But again , one does not need to "go to church" for eternal life, but be part of the Church , that is , Body of Christ -
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#2665 Sep 8, 2013
Senecus wrote:
Sounds like True (NON) Christian (Jehovah's) Witness is trying to convince himself, the art of "Self Persuasion".
But again , one does not need to "go to church" for eternal life, but be part of the Church , that is , Body of Christ -
I do not need to persuade myself to believe the Bible, I live and obey the standard and principles of the Scriptures as Jesus taught. Therefore I can preach the truth to anyone who will listen, whether you accept or reject the one and only way to salvation is your decision. Matthew 24:14 and 28:19,20

Anyone who wants to survive the end of this world, that means living through the great tribulation that is soon to be here and the great war of God at Armageddon must be gathered in association or in the world wide congregation with God's named people, Jehovah's witnesses. To receive the free gift of everlasting life you must qualify for that by obeying the Law of Christ.
John 3:36

Noah preached and built the Ark, and only 8 people survived the end of that world, unless you obey the direction of Jesus today, you will be on the outside of the spiritual Ark. Matthew 25:40
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#2666 Sep 8, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need to persuade myself to believe the Bible, I live and obey the standard and principles of the Scriptures as Jesus taught. Therefore I can preach the truth to anyone who will listen, whether you accept or reject the one and only way to salvation is your decision. Matthew 24:14 and 28:19,20
Anyone who wants to survive the end of this world, that means living through the great tribulation that is soon to be here and the great war of God at Armageddon must be gathered in association or in the world wide congregation with God's named people, Jehovah's witnesses. To receive the free gift of everlasting life you must qualify for that by obeying the Law of Christ.
Noah preached and built the Ark, and only 8 people survived the end of that world, unless you obey the direction of Jesus today, you will be on the outside of the spiritual Ark. Matthew 25:40
hi?bo?

you doesn't live according to bible 100$moral standards

rather your loyality and aliegance to your watchtower leaders makes you slave of them, and keep their own moral standard injected to the brain washed by them from JW GB and fonny bolony Watchtowers,and cheap weekly talks on sundays KH meetings?

friend?
your bablings boring horrible people by yours double wicked standards,
YOU THINK THAT NO JW ARE MORE STUPID FROM ALL OF YOU BRAIN WASH JW??

You have not basic clue what Bible say about future new heaven and new earth(not restoration of this earth infested by sins of ages to her earth core?
NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH,MEANS SOMETHING NEW IN TRANSFORMATION AND DESTRUCTION OF OLD DUNG EARTH 2 PETER 3;10-13. Ps ;102;25-26.
Isaiah 51; 6.Rev 20;11
if you don't like 2 tim 3;16...AND THOSE PASSAGES GIVEN TO YOU,
just swallow your watchtower on your breakfast,and dissapear from here to be on your KH meetings full of faken fable sermons

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#2667 Sep 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You accept the standards and principles of Charles T. Russell's impressions of what Jesus taught, later codified by Joseph F. Rutherford.

Sorry ,New World Translation doesn't cut it, but I realise you're held by fear of the organisation and threats of excommunication if you investigate otherwise. And in this, unfortunately, your 'faith' is in your 'church'.
<quoted text>
The eschatological model is skewed, and has led the Watchtower Society to issue various dates in the past of a supposed Parousia,only to retreat behind the walls as failures multiplied.

May the scales fall from your eyes...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Catcher1 796,935
Teacup Yorkie Puppies 5 min susanrich222 1
Cihangir Vestel - Regal Klima Servisi *0546* 24... 12 min gncservis 1
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 17 min Alexey25 516
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Hank 568,647
What Is The New World Order? 22 min flbadcatowner 25
Why did God make man so weak? 36 min Why is man so weak 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 59 min The Truth from S... 607,256
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 267,606
Scientific proof for God's existence 5 hr let your brother rip 647
More from around the web