Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

There are 38083 comments on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette story from Jun 4, 2007, titled Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says. In it, Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports that:

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#41772 Apr 28, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever been to Venezuela? I have several times, it's a country being run by oil rich thugs.
Exactly, just like the oil rich arab muslim countries Thugs and ugly cruel muslim dictators.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#41775 Apr 29, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We did question God and He said "I have no Son, no daughter, no Wife, I beget not, nor I am begotten, and there is nothing called Trinity".
What else could be plainer?
He told you that through the gay prophet and his child wife, how funny, yet you believe satan. LOL

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#41776 Apr 29, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>He told you that through the gay prophet and his child wife, how funny, yet you believe satan. LOL
I knew you have no answer to my post.... and reverted to your foul mouth again.

JUBAIL, KSA

#41777 Apr 29, 2014
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

I'm Confused, Can Anyone Help Me?

By Neil Clark

Have I misremembered the 'Iraq has WMDs claim'? Was I dreaming back in 2002 and early 2003 when politicians and neocon pundits came on TV every day to tell us plebs that we had to go to war with Iraq because of the threat posed by Saddam's deadly arsenal? Why is having a democratic vote in Crimea on whether to rejoin Russia deemed worse than the brutal, murderous invasion of Iraq – an invasion which has led to the deaths of up to 1 million people? I'm confused. Can anyone help me?

We were also told by very serious-looking Western politicians and media 'experts' that the Crimea referendum wasn't valid because it was held under “military occupation.” But I've just been watching coverage of elections in Afghanistan, held under military occupation, which have been hailed by leading western figures, such as NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen as a “historic moment for Afghanistan” and a great success for “democracy.” Why is the Crimean vote dismissed, but the Afghanistan vote celebrated? I'm confused. Can anyone help me?

Syria too is rather baffling. We were and are told that radical Islamic terror groups pose the greatest threat to our peace, security and our 'way of life' in the West. That Al-Qaeda and other such groups need to be destroyed: that we needed to have a relentless 'War on Terror' against them. Yet in Syria, our leaders have been siding with such radical groups in their war against a secular government which respects the rights of religious minorities, including Christians.

When the bombs of Al-Qaeda or their affiliates go off in Syria and innocent people are killed there is no condemnation from our leaders: their only condemnation has been of the secular Syrian government which is fighting radical Islamists and which our leaders and elite media commentators are desperate to have toppled. I'm confused. Can anyone help me?

Then there's gay rights. We are told that Russia is a very bad and backward country because it has passed a law against promoting homosexuality to minors. Yet our leaders who boycotted the Winter Olympics in Sochi because of this law visit Gulf states where homosexuals can be imprisoned or even executed, and warmly embrace the rulers there, making no mention of the issue of gay rights.

Surely the imprisonment or execution of gay people is far worse than a law which forbids promotion of homosexuality to minors? Why, if they are genuinely concerned about gay rights, do our leaders attack Russia and not countries that imprison or execute gay people? I'm confused. Can anyone help me?

We are told in lots of newspaper articles that the Hungarian ultra-nationalist party Jobbik is very bad and that its rise is a cause of great concern, even though it is not even in the government, or likely to be.
We are told that Russia is an aggressive, imperialist power and that NATO's concerns are about opposing the Russian ‘threat’. But I looked at the map the other day and while I could see lots of countries close to (and bordering) Russia that were members of NATO, the US-led military alliance whose members have bombed and attacked many countries in the last 15 years, I could not see any countries close to America that were part of a Russian-military alliance, or any Russian military bases or missiles situated in foreign countries bordering or close to the US. Yet Russia, we are told, is the ‘aggressive one’. I'm confused. Can anyone help me?

Neil Clark is a journalist, writer and broadcaster. His award winning blog can be found at www.neilclark66.blogspot.com .
w wman uk

Reigate, UK

#41779 Apr 30, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
http://www.informationclearing house.info/article38248.htm
I'm Confused, Can Anyone Help Me?
By Neil Clark
Have I misremembered the 'Iraq has WMDs claim'? Was I dreaming back in 2002 and early 2003 when politicians and neocon pundits came on TV every day to tell us plebs that we had to go to war with Iraq because of the threat posed by Saddam's deadly arsenal? Why is having a democratic vote in Crimea on whether to rejoin Russia deemed worse than the brutal, murderous invasion of Iraq – an invasion which has led to the deaths of up to 1 million people? I'm confused. Can anyone help me?
We were also told by very serious-looking Western politicians and media 'experts' that the Crimea referendum wasn't valid because it was held under “military occupation.” But I've just been watching coverage of elections in Afghanistan, held under military occupation, which have been hailed by leading western figures, such as NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen as a “historic moment for Afghanistan” and a great success for “democracy.” Why is the Crimean vote dismissed, but the Afghanistan vote celebrated? I'm confused. Can anyone help me?
Syria too is rather baffling. We were and are told that radical Islamic terror groups pose the greatest threat to our peace, security and our 'way of life' in the West. That Al-Qaeda and other such groups need to be destroyed: that we needed to have a relentless 'War on Terror' against them. Yet in Syria, our leaders have been siding with such radical groups in their war against a secular government which respects the rights of religious minorities, including Christians.
When the bombs of Al-Qaeda or their affiliates go off in Syria and innocent people are killed there is no condemnation from our leaders: their only condemnation has been of the secular Syrian government which is fighting radical Islamists and which our leaders and elite media commentators are desperate to have toppled. I'm confused. Can anyone help me?
Then there's gay rights. We are told that Russia is a very bad and backward country because it has passed a law against promoting homosexuality to minors. Yet our leaders who boycotted the Winter Olympics in Sochi because of this law visit Gulf states where homosexuals can be imprisoned or even executed, and warmly embrace the rulers there, making no mention of the issue of gay rights.
Surely the imprisonment or execution of gay people is far worse than a law which forbids promotion of homosexuality to minors? Why, if they are genuinely concerned about gay rights, do our leaders attack Russia and not countries that imprison or execute gay people? I'm confused. Can anyone help me?
We are told in lots of newspaper articles that the Hungarian ultra-nationalist party Jobbik is very bad and that its rise is a cause of great concern, even though it is not even in the government, or likely to be.
We are told that Russia is an aggressive, imperialist power and that NATO's concerns are about opposing the Russian ‘threat’. But I looked at the map the other day and while I could see lots of countries close to (and bordering) Russia that were members of NATO, the US-led military alliance whose members have bombed and attacked many countries in the last 15 years, I could not see any countries close to America that were part of a Russian-military alliance, or any Russian military bases or missiles situated in foreign countries bordering or close to the US. Yet Russia, we are told, is the ‘aggressive one’. I'm confused. Can anyone help me?
Neil Clark is a journalist, writer and broadcaster. His award winning blog can be found at www.neilclark66.blogspot.com .
reverted to your cut and paste yet agian mug1/2
w wman uk

Reigate, UK

#41780 Apr 30, 2014
An everday story of a murhmna ?

Rania Alayed went missing on 7 June
A mother of three from Manchester was murdered by her husband for becoming "too westernised" and "establishing an independent life", a court has heard.

Rania Alayed, 25, went missing last June but her body has never been found.

Ahmed Al-Khatib admits causing her death, claiming he was "possessed of a spirit" when he pushed her, causing her to stumble, fall and bang her head.

Mr Al-Khatib, of Gorton, and his brother Muhaned Al-Khatib, of Salford, both deny murder.

Ms Alayed went to drop off her children at the flat of the defendant's brother where she was said to have been murdered.

Her brother-in-law Muhaned Al-Khatib, 38, left the address with the children some 45 minutes later and shortly afterwards her husband, Ahmed Al-Khatib, 35, walked out wearing some of her traditional clothing with a suitcase containing her corpse, a jury at Manchester Crown Court was told.

It is alleged that in the early hours of the next day the two brothers, and another sibling, drove the body from the Manchester area to North Yorkshire where she was buried.

The prosecution told the jury the mother of three, from Cheetham Hill, had been "in fear of her husband" Ahmed Al-Khatib and "believed he might one day kill her".

She feared for her life and had sought help from the Citizens Advice Bureau, the police and eventually a solicitor which had angered her husband's family, the court heard.

Tony Cross QC, prosecuting, said: "The family of the defendants were insulted that she had gone to the law. They wanted her and her children back within the family fold.

"They believed that she was establishing an independent life, perhaps with another man. Therefore, it was decided that she should either be forced to comply or be killed."

Hussain Al-Khatib, 34, from Gorton, has been charged with perverting the course of justice. He denies the charge.

Lets hope they all end up in jail yet another sick case of islamofaciesm

Sacramento, CA

#41781 Apr 30, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you have no answer to my post.... and reverted to your foul mouth again.
Muhammad is dead, he rest in hell bending over while the 72 virgin boys do him over and over. It is an undeniable fact, that the so-called 'Muslims' follow the Sunna (the lifestyle, the manners, doings and sayings) of Muhammad even if and when it contradicts the Quran in such instances as the number of prayers, the punishment for fornication, the alleged prohibition of drinking wine etc.

By definition, those who emulate a human being, belong to a CULT and NOT a RELIGION. Muhammadanism is in actuality, the CULT of MUHAMMAD.

Being called a Muhammadan Muslim is similar in context as calling someone a Buddhist or a Christian.

Any Monotheist is automatically a Muslim.

All Israelites, all Jews, all Hanifs and all Christians - who believe in Jesus as a prophet only - are of course Monotheists and hence are Muslimoon.

Jews are Muslimoon of the Mosaic faith while the Arabs - in general - and Pakistanis, Somalis, Chechen, etc, and others for example, are Muslimoon but are followers of Muhammad's version of 'Islam'.

Just because a general perception is wrong, it does not mean it should not be corrected especially since the Quran itself defines who and what a Muslim is; one who submits to the will of the One and Only Allah; a Monotheist.

Not every Muslim is a Muhammadan/follower of Muhammad; but most followers of Muhammad/Muhammadans are Muslimoon.

Since the Quran asserts that the Arabs were ignorant of previously revealed Scriptures, then it is utterly useless to try to find 'proofs' contradicting their claims of 'prior knowledge' of Biblical events. The Quran makes it crystal clear, that they were both unlearned and illiterate people.

The historical and archaeological records moreover, show them to be a people without writing and without even the rudiments of a meaningful structured and vibrant civilization.

All their claims to the contrary are false, and are totally based on wishful-thinking to give themselves 'roots' and a worthy ' ancestry' so as to compete with, and even attempt to supersede the People of the Book.

Both the Quran and their own history show that 'Islam'- which in reality is Muhammadanism - is basically a severe, uncompromising and hatemongering cult belief system.

Sacramento, CA

#41782 Apr 30, 2014
Almost all the traditions of the 'Muslim' followers of Muhammad are repackaged Arabian paganism disguised under the mantle of 'Islam'.

This is why the followers of Muhammad are prohibited from reading the Bible since this would make them aware of the sources from which most of the Quranic ideas, stories and legislation, both religious and judicial, come from.

Becoming aware of these differences induces in the thinking person the seeds of doubt. To overcome doubt, one must investigate even more; contrasting and comparing sources so as to arrive to some conclusion.

An independently thinking Muhammadan, becomes a danger to himself - his beliefs - and his immediate entourage.

Of over 53 countries in the world that have a majority of Muhammadans, only ONE, Turkey is a true democracy; all the others are despotic or authoritarian regimes which control all sources of information, turning their people into unthinking robots and zombies. So much for the none existent justice, compassion, equality etc, etc that the Muhammadans brag about.

Sacramento, CA

#41783 Apr 30, 2014
It is the only 'religion' that decrees the murder of any Muhammadan who changes his/her mind to get out of the faith.

It is wishful thinking and an extremely short-sighted view to believe, that it is a few 'fundamentalists' who are hijacking 'peaceful Islam'. The facts are, that the greatest majority of Muhammadans are fundamentalists since they totally believe in the precepts, doctrines, instructions and dogmas of both the Quran and its interpreters among their leaders.

That is why one sees them in demonstrations in 'Palestine', Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Egypt, Yemen etc celebrating the death and destruction brought about by the murderers of September 11th as well as when any Americans or 'none-believers' are blown to pieces such as happened in Kenya and Bali for example.

Even if 99% of them are 'peace loving', the remaining 1% terrorists constitute 12,000,000 hate mongering and suicidal fanatics that this world cannot possibly afford to let roam free.

The Muhammadan world is full of fanaticism, bigotry, hate, jealousy, anger, hypocrisy and endemic ignorance fanned every Friday by the sermons of their 'religious' leaders. The greatest enemy of Muhammadanism are not the imaginary and perceived West, the Christians, the Hindus, the Israelis etc. but the Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the Truth.

Their greatest enemy is the QUR'AN that incites them to hate, to discriminate, to dehumanize, to insult, to denigrate, to despise, to enslave, to conquer and or to mass murder all those who do not believe as they do, the UNBELIEVERS, who constitute the majority 85% of humanity.

Sacramento, CA

#41784 Apr 30, 2014
In his Quran, Muhammad, SUBCONSCIOUSLY, described himself FLAWLESSLY -

2: 204 There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life may dazzle thee and he calls Allah to witness about what is in his heart; yet is he the most contentious of enemies.

Muhammad fits this MAN PERFECTLY.

Allah, it seems, was at Muhammad's beck and call for almost twenty three years during which, Muhammad received personal divine sanctions regarding everything that Muhammad coveted or required such as:

He was sanctioned to 'marry' as many women as he needed to satisfy his sexual appetite.

To change Arabian law so that he could marry his own adopted son's wife whom he lusted for.

To marry and have intercourse with the nine years old child Aisha.

To conduct Piratical attacks against the caravans of the Quraysh during the FORBIDDEN MONTHS.

To Slaughter those whom he disliked even if they were in the SANCTUARY of the Ka'ba.

To Slay and conduct war against all UNBELIEVERS until they either CONVERT, be SUBJUGATED or be SLAUGHTERED.

To Rob, Steal, Plunder and Loot anyone or any group that he feels inclined to and then collect 20% of the ILL BEGOTTEN 'rewards'

Sacramento, CA

#41785 Apr 30, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, just like the oil rich arab muslim countries Thugs and ugly cruel muslim dictators.
True, the big difference is they are not Muhammadism believers, therefore they don't go around blowing up each other and killing each other in the name of muhammad.

Sacramento, CA

#41786 Apr 30, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We did question God and He said "I have no Son, no daughter, no Wife, I beget not, nor I am begotten, and there is nothing called Trinity".
What else could be plainer?
Who is "We"? Who do you speak for? What did God's voice sound like? Or did He speak through your camel?

JUBAIL, KSA

#41787 Apr 30, 2014
What did prophet preach?(The other side of story)

Selection from the book MISHKAT AL MASABEEH (an authentic collection of sayings of prophet) Part-12

Subject: On having mercy on others

74. Prophet PBUH said “Allah does not love those who do not love their fellow beings”

75. Prophet PBUH said “Simile of a Muslim having mercy and help of other Muslim is like of one human body. If any part of it is affected by illness or pain or fever, the whole body feels it”

76. Prophet PBUH said “Muslims are like one house, one part of which supports the other, then he showed fingers of one hand going into others”

77. Prophet PBUH said “I swear to in whose hand my life is (i.e. Allah), your faith cannot become complete unless you love for your brother, what you love for yourself”

78. Prophet PBUH said “Help your brother he be wrong or right, companions asked “We understand to help our brother when he is being wronged, how can we help him when he is on wrong?”

Prophet PBUH said “To stop him from doing wrong is in fact helping your brother”

79. Prophet PBUH said “True belief is to give best advice. The companions asked to whom or how?. The Prophet PBUH said “To Allah, and His book and to His messenger and to all Muslim”

“AU KAMA QAAL ALAIHI AL SALAT WA SALAAM (Prophet PBUH said these or similar words)

Contd.

Sacramento, CA

#41788 May 1, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
What did prophet preach?(The other side of story)
Selection from the book MISHKAT AL MASABEEH (an authentic collection of sayings of prophet) Part-12
Subject: On having mercy on others
74. Prophet PBUH said “Allah does not love those who do not love their fellow beings”
75. Prophet PBUH said “Simile of a Muslim having mercy and help of other Muslim is like of one human body. If any part of it is affected by illness or pain or fever, the whole body feels it”
76. Prophet PBUH said “Muslims are like one house, one part of which supports the other, then he showed fingers of one hand going into others”
77. Prophet PBUH said “I swear to in whose hand my life is (i.e. Allah), your faith cannot become complete unless you love for your brother, what you love for yourself”
78. Prophet PBUH said “Help your brother he be wrong or right, companions asked “We understand to help our brother when he is being wronged, how can we help him when he is on wrong?”
Prophet PBUH said “To stop him from doing wrong is in fact helping your brother”
79. Prophet PBUH said “True belief is to give best advice. The companions asked to whom or how?. The Prophet PBUH said “To Allah, and His book and to His messenger and to all Muslim”
“AU KAMA QAAL ALAIHI AL SALAT WA SALAAM (Prophet PBUH said these or similar words)
Contd.
Big Mo was a bisexual, and sometimes a transvestite and a necrophile. He apparently enjoyed sucking on the tongues of children, commanded a woman to “breastfeed” an adult man, and advised believers to drink his urine.

Nothing wrong, of course, about being bisexual or a transvestite, but as for the rest … well… eeew!

JUBAIL, KSA

#41798 May 3, 2014

Friedman Prepares American Jews for a Divorce from Zealot Israel

By Philip Weiss

April 16, 2014 "ICH" - Here are two pieces in the mainstream press that reflect the paradigm shift that is upon us with the smashup of the Kerry effort.

Tom Friedman at the Times is preparing American Jews for a one-state solution. He’s against it, of course; John Kerry is doing the “Lord’s work.” But the worthy business of Friedman’s column is explaining that the Israel American Jews fell in love with is gone, and it is now a society of rightwing zealots.“You did not go to summer camp with these Jews.”(Non-Jewish readers are chopped liver).

Friedman is inching toward Max Blumenthal’s view of that society, in more msm-palatable terms. The man who gave chalktalks on Israel’s military victory when he was in high school now states in neutral terms that young Palestinians want a one-state solution and that the Israel lobby has locked down Congress and the White House. That’s progress too (Dennis Ross used to debate Walt and Mearsheimer by saying, the lobby has Congress, yes, but it can’t affect the White House; horse feathers).

Friedman is Mr. Nutshell, and this time it works for me. Notice how he puts “Jewish state” in quotations.

We’re not dealing anymore with your grandfather’s Israel, and they’re not dealing anymore with your grandmother’s America either…

Israel, from its side, has become a more religious society — on Friday nights in Jerusalem now you barely see a car moving on the streets in Jewish neighborhoods, which only used to be the case on Yom Kippur — and the settlers are clearly more brazen. Many West Bank settlers are respectful of the state, but there is now a growing core who are armed zealots, who will fight the I.D.F. if it tries to remove them. You did not go to summer camp with these Jews. You did not meet them at your local Reform synagogue. This is a hard core.

But even the more tame settlers are more dominant than ever in the Likud Party and in the Israeli army officer corps. It is not a fiction to say today that the Likud prime minister, Bibi Netanyahu, represents the “center” of Israel’s right-wing bloc. And it is not an accident that Israel’s housing minister, Uri Ariel, who comes from a pro-settler party to the right of the Likud, approved a tender for 700 homes in Jerusalem’s Gilo neighborhood, across the Green Line — just as Secretary of State John Kerry’s peace talks were coming to a head. As Minister Livni, Israel’s chief negotiator, put it:“Minister Ariel purposefully and intentionally did what he did to torpedo” the peace talks.

There are now about 350,000 Jews living in the West Bank. It took 50,000 Israeli police and soldiers to remove 8,000 settlers from Gaza, who barely resisted. I fear the lift in the West Bank to make peace there is now just too heavy for conventional politics and diplomacy. The only way settler resistance can be trumped would be by a prime minister, and an Israeli majority, who were really excited about the prospects for peace or truly frightened of the alternative.

But I do not believe Netanyahu will ever be anything other than ambivalent. And his ambivalence is reinforced by many factors: Israel today is so much more powerful, economically and militarily, than the Palestinians; Israeli (and Palestinian) security forces have effectively shut down Palestinian suicide bombers and the Israel lobby in Washington has effectively shut down any pressure from the White House or Congress. Israel has never been so insulated.

GO LeGay Barons Doggie GO

Netherlands

#41801 May 3, 2014
I teabag Jew nutsack. I also rim they ass and smoke the pole.

JUBAIL, KSA

#41803 May 4, 2014
-USA-1 wrote:
<quoted text>America hates Palestinians and Islam, we've had enough of your guys's bullsh!t. <¦-o
Do you think you are God? Do you own this planet?

Sacramento, CA

#41805 May 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
http://www.informationclearing house.info/article38250.htm
By Philip Weiss
April 16, 2014 "ICH" - Here are two pieces in the mainstream press that reflect the paradigm shift that is upon us with the smashup of the Kerry effort.
Tom Friedman at the Times is preparing American Jews for a one-state solution. He’s against it, of course; John Kerry is doing the “Lord’s work.” But the worthy business of Friedman’s column is explaining that the Israel American Jews fell in love with is gone, and it is now a society of rightwing zealots.“You did not go to summer camp with these Jews.”(Non-Jewish readers are chopped liver).
Friedman is inching toward Max Blumenthal’s view of that society, in more msm-palatable terms. The man who gave chalktalks on Israel’s military victory when he was in high school now states in neutral terms that young Palestinians want a one-state solution and that the Israel lobby has locked down Congress and the White House. That’s progress too (Dennis Ross used to debate Walt and Mearsheimer by saying, the lobby has Congress, yes, but it can’t affect the White House; horse feathers).
Friedman is Mr. Nutshell, and this time it works for me. Notice how he puts “Jewish state” in quotations.
We’re not dealing anymore with your grandfather’s Israel, and they’re not dealing anymore with your grandmother’s America either…
Israel, from its side, has become a more religious society — on Friday nights in Jerusalem now you barely see a car moving on the streets in Jewish neighborhoods, which only used to be the case on Yom Kippur — and the settlers are clearly more brazen. Many West Bank settlers are respectful of the state, but there is now a growing core who are armed zealots, who will fight the I.D.F. if it tries to remove them. You did not go to summer camp with these Jews. You did not meet them at your local Reform synagogue. This is a hard core.
But even the more tame settlers are more dominant than ever in the Likud Party and in the Israeli army officer corps. It is not a fiction to say today that the Likud prime minister, Bibi Netanyahu, represents the “center” of Israel’s right-wing bloc. And it is not an accident that Israel’s housing minister, Uri Ariel, who comes from a pro-settler party to the right of the Likud, approved a tender for 700 homes in Jerusalem’s Gilo neighborhood, across the Green Line — just as Secretary of State John Kerry’s peace talks were coming to a head. As Minister Livni, Israel’s chief negotiator, put it:“Minister Ariel purposefully and intentionally did what he did to torpedo” the peace talks.
There are now about 350,000 Jews living in the West Bank. It took 50,000 Israeli police and soldiers to remove 8,000 settlers from Gaza, who barely resisted. I fear the lift in the West Bank to make peace there is now just too heavy for conventional politics and diplomacy. The only way settler resistance can be trumped would be by a prime minister, and an Israeli majority, who were really excited about the prospects for peace or truly frightened of the alternative.
But I do not believe Netanyahu will ever be anything other than ambivalent. And his ambivalence is reinforced by many factors: Israel today is so much more powerful, economically and militarily, than the Palestinians; Israeli (and Palestinian) security forces have effectively shut down Palestinian suicide bombers and the Israel lobby in Washington has effectively shut down any pressure from the White House or Congress. Israel has never been so insulated.
“Ezekiel 37:12 says that Israel’s going to be re-gathered to the holy land. There are more Jews moving in every day than there have been in 20 centuries,

Sacramento, CA

#41806 May 4, 2014
Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2014.05.03 (Mogadishu, Somalia)- Seven people are laid out by an al-Shabaab bomb blast at a busy intersection.
2014.05.03 (Tikrit, Iraq)- Four Shia pilgrims are sent straight to Allah by Sunni car bombers.
2014.05.02 (Hama, Syria)- Eleven children are among eighteen innocents disassembled by two suicide car bombers.
2014.05.02 (El-Tor, Egypt)- One passenger is killed when a suicide bomber detonates next to a bus.
2014.05.02 (Benghazi, Libya)- Islamists storm a police station and murder nine people.
2014.05.01 (Sambisa, Nigeria)- Pro-Sharia militants stop cars along the highway and butcher the occupants with knives.

JUBAIL, KSA

#41807 May 4, 2014

By Philip Weiss

But these are not your grandfather’s Palestinians either. There is a young generation emerging that increasingly has no faith in their parents’ negotiations with the Jews, have no desire to recognize Israel as a “Jewish state” and would rather demand the right to vote in a one-state solution.

The comic contradiction in Friedman’s piece is that It’s not your grandfather’s Israel, not your grandmother’s America, and not grandpa’s Palestinians either. But it IS your grandfather’s lobby! That’s as powerful as ever.(Thanks to Donald Johnson.)
Another deathbed intervention comes from France:“If Kerry Fails, What Then?” in Le Monde Diplomatique, by Tony Klug, vice chair of the Arab-Jewish Forum in England, and Sam Bahour, the Palestinian businessman. The authors gives Israel a three-year deadline to put up or shut up and withdraw from the occupied territories, and asks us to start imagining a single democracy between the river and the sea. Though of course the authors are against that!

For over twenty years process has trumped outcome, but it is now in danger of being out-trumped itself by the total collapse of the only internationally recognized paradigm for a solution to the conflict. A new international strategy urgently needs to be devised and made ready as an alternative to the prospect of failed bilateral negotiations. Any such strategy should be rooted in a vision of the endgame, based on the principles of a rapid end to the Israeli occupation and equality between Palestinians and Israelis….

Our contention is that the occupying power should no longer be able to have it both ways. The laws of occupation either apply or do not apply. If it is an occupation, it is beyond time for Israel’s custodianship — supposedly provisional — to be brought to an end. If it is not an occupation, there is no justification for denying equal rights to everyone who is subject to Israeli rule, whether Israeli or Palestinian. Successive Israeli governments have got away with a colossal bluff for nearly 47 years. It is time to call that bluff and compel a decision.

The Israeli government should be put on notice that, by the 50th anniversary of the occupation, it must make up its mind definitively one way or the other. A half a century is surely enough time to decide. This would give it until June 2017 to make its choice between relinquishing the occupied territory — either directly to the Palestinians or possibly to a temporary international trusteeship in the first instance — or alternatively granting full and equal citizenship rights to everyone living under its jurisdiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Bongo 16,020
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Trumpler 983,100
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 683,754
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 2 hr BLACK LIVES DONT ... 108
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 4 hr George Justapose 2
News The Latest: Trump lawyer says there's no pardon... 5 hr George Justapose 2
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 5 hr George Justapose 15
More from around the web