Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

There are 38083 comments on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette story from Jun 4, 2007, titled Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says. In it, Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports that:

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#41574 Apr 13, 2014
Anti-gov wrote:
<quoted text>
Name calling, very mature?
I'm asking why Europeans or Americans should care particuarly about jews more than others?
By the way majority of gun control advocates in America are jews, so are the majority of the feds. The majority of the war lobbyist and so on.
I'm not saying all jews are bad, but i'm saying that it's not the responsibility of americans to pay tribute to Isreal (an alien state), neither do americans have any obligation at all to pay taxes or to obey the government.
America was founded on resistance and rebellion against the state, it was against the enlgish monarchy, now taxes are 10000 times worse than back then.
It seems to me you are singling Israel out when the US has given Egypt tens of billions as well as the cost of defending Europe and Asia. Singling Israel out is anti-semitic.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#41576 Apr 13, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me you are singling Israel out when the US has given Egypt tens of billions as well as the cost of defending Europe and Asia. Singling Israel out is anti-semitic.
And ignoring Israel's atrocities is very Semitic? Is it? This is a new dimension!!

JUBAIL, KSA

#41577 Apr 13, 2014
Obama Declares Self-Determination To Be A Threat To US National Security

Paul Craig Roberts

In his March 6 Executive Order,“Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine,” Obama declares that support for Crimean self-determination constitutes “an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.” http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/20...

Obama and the lawyers who drafted his executive order did not notice that the way the order is drafted it applies to Obama, to the unelected coup government in Kiev, and to the Washington and EU regimes. The order says that any person “responsible for or complicit in, or to have engaged in, directly or indirectly ... actions or policies that undermine democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine” is subject to having his assets frozen.

Washington and the EU are the only two governments whose personnel have undermined democratic processes and institutions in Ukraine by overthrowing the elected government and imposing an unelected one.

Obama worshippers–yes there are still people that stupid–object when I call Obama the White House Fool. Yet, here is Obama or his lawyers proving that he is a fool by issuing an executive order that requires the property of Obama, Victoria Nuland, Samantha Powers, Susan Rice, the UK prime minister, the German chancellor, the French president, the EU Commission and any number of associated persons to be frozen by the US government.

Of course, Obama’s executive order will not be applied to those to whom it is applicable. It will be applied to those to whom it is not applicable–authorities who permitted the Crimean population to exercise democratic processes in order to determine their own fate.

Washington has stood democracy on its head. Overthrowing Ukraine’s democratic government and installing a puppet regime does not undermine democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine, but anything that allows self-determination to go forward in Crimea does undermine democratic processes.

Clearly, the West can no longer be associated with democracy.

Note:

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He was columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His internet columns have attracted a worldwide following. His latest books are, The Failure of Laissez Faire Capitalism and How America Was Lost. http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#41580 Apr 14, 2014
Anti-gov wrote:
<quoted text>
Name calling, very mature?
I'm asking why Europeans or Americans should care particuarly about jews more than others?
By the way majority of gun control advocates in America are jews, so are the majority of the feds. The majority of the war lobbyist and so on.
I'm not saying all jews are bad, but i'm saying that it's not the responsibility of americans to pay tribute to Isreal (an alien state), neither do americans have any obligation at all to pay taxes or to obey the government.
America was founded on resistance and rebellion against the state, it was against the enlgish monarchy, now taxes are 10000 times worse than back then.
Say out proud and loud:I am a nazislamist idiot who comes to this forum to tell bullshit and lies about Israel and the wonderful jewish people. I cant help it I was born an idiot. Blame my parents who are idiots also.
Ok, now go back to yuor cage, it was cleaned.

JUBAIL, KSA

#41581 Apr 14, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Say out proud and loud:I am a nazislamist idiot who comes to this forum to tell bullshit and lies about Israel and the wonderful jewish people. I cant help it I was born an idiot. Blame my parents who are idiots also.
Ok, now go back to yuor cage, it was cleaned.
Did you clean the cage? That is the job which suits you best.

Look! these insults and name calling would not lead you any where. Discuss any subject with open mind.

Adam 36

Location hidden

#41583 Apr 14, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And ignoring Israel's atrocities is very Semitic? Is it? This is a new dimension!!
Atrocities? Since when is it an atrocity to defend yourself against Arab/Islamic initiated terror?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#41584 Apr 14, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Internet works both ways, we also have to see your "constant bombardment" about how good is the democracy....what are benefits of Homosexuality and easy methods to become one etc. etc.
No one can control technology and science .... they have to grow, do you mean to say if there was no USA, progress in science and technology would have stopped?
Nerd
Democracy works for educated people, not scared fools like in the Middle East. I don't know the benefits of Homosexuality as I don't know the benefits of a lot of straight people. What I am saying is "Thank you" USA Government for what you have given to the people of all the world including the internet and science, medicine and technology and thank you USA Government for allowing it to happen. We might have waited 100's of years for any new developments besides the latest in bomb vest design in the Middle east.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#41585 Apr 14, 2014
Anti-gov wrote:
Same police state, blood sucking jews who kill mio of innocent people by our tax money (unfortunatly most people still who obey our governments).
But same police state and blood sucking jews, who have killed mio of innocent people.
Claim to the american private people that they shoudn't have weapons. They will try to take the weapons of private people in USA, leaving it to an dictatorship and police state.
Does your Nazi uniform still fit?

JUBAIL, KSA

#41587 Apr 14, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Democracy works for educated people, not scared fools like in the Middle East. I don't know the benefits of Homosexuality as I don't know the benefits of a lot of straight people. What I am saying is "Thank you" USA Government for what you have given to the people of all the world including the internet and science, medicine and technology and thank you USA Government for allowing it to happen. We might have waited 100's of years for any new developments besides the latest in bomb vest design in the Middle east.
Then why were you wasting your precious time in bringing "democracy" to these countries? How much bloodshed your efforts and how much havoc they have caused in past 10 years?
The Western Style Democracy is only fit for those people who have left their religion and religion is only a garment they put on some special occasions.

And then look at what is the definition of Democracy for Algeria, Egypt and Palestine.

In Egypt Hosni Mubarak the Dictator was blue eyed boy of Western Nations for most of his 3o years rule.... no one objected for him for being non Democratic.

Then when local uprising against him started, he became a "bad boy" for the west.

And when New Elected Govt took power in Egypt, West rejected it, because it was not what they "expected".

And when the "Democratically elected" Govt. was overthrown by Same Military, and a new dictator came into power, he was welcomed by all western powers and they are giving him full support and a new cycle of atrocities has started in Egypt.

This is game Western nations play in ME countries in the name of democracy.
similar story is repeated in Algeria and Palestine and every where , when people vote for Islamic laws and Islamic parties to come to power.

Democracy for Western people means any Govt. that toes their line and show treachery to the people who elected it.

This is the main reason why so many Dictators are ruling in ME countries.....they are planted by Western Nations.

And instaed of blaming their unprincipled stand, they only blame Muslims

JUBAIL, KSA

#41588 Apr 14, 2014
Three Years After Gaddafi, Libya is Imploding into Chaos and Violence

Its government has no real power; militias are ever more entrenched, and now the state itself is under threat

By Patrick Cockburn

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

March 16, 2014 "Information Clearing House - "The Independent"- The Libyan former prime minister Ali Zeidan fled last week after parliament voted him out of office. A North Korean-flagged oil tanker, the Morning Glory, illegally picked up a cargo of crude from rebels in the east of the country and sailed safely away, despite a government minister's threat that the vessel would be "turned into a pile of metal" if it left port: the Libyan navy blamed rough weather for its failure to stop the ship. Militias based in Misrata, western Libya, notorious for their violence and independence, have launched an offensive against the eastern rebels in what could be the opening shots in a civil war between western and eastern Libya.

Without a central government with any real power, Libya is falling apart. And this is happening almost three years after 19 March 2011 when the French air force stopped Mu'ammer Gaddafi's counter-offensive to crush the uprising in Benghazi. Months later, his burnt-out tanks still lay by the road to the city. With the United States keeping its involvement as low-profile as possible, Nato launched a war in which rebel militiamen played a secondary, supportive role and ended with the overthrow and killing of Gaddafi.

A striking feature of events in Libya in the past week is how little interest is being shown by leaders and countries which enthusiastically went to war in 2011 in the supposed interests of the Libyan people. President Obama has since spoken proudly of his role in preventing a "massacre" in Benghazi at that time. But when the militiamen, whose victory Nato had assured, opened fire on a demonstration against their presence in Tripoli in November last year, killing at least 42 protesters and firing at children with anti-aircraft machine guns, there was scarcely a squeak of protest from Washington, London or Paris.

Coincidentally, it was last week that Al-Jazeera broadcast the final episode in a three-year investigation of the Lockerbie bombing that killed 270 people in 1988. For years this was deemed to be Gaddafi's greatest and certainly best-publicised crime, but the documentary proved beyond reasonable doubt that the Libyan intelligence officer, Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, convicted of carrying out the bombing, was innocent. Iran, working through the Palestinian Front for The Liberation of Palestine – General Command, ordered the blowing up of Pan Am 103 in revenge for the shooting down of an Iranian passenger plane by the US navy earlier in 1988.

Much of this had been strongly suspected for years. The new evidence comes primarily from Abolghasem Mesbahi, an Iranian intelligence officer who later defected and confirmed the Iranian link. The US Defense Intelligence Agency had long ago reached the same conclusion. The documentary emphasises the sheer number of important politicians and senior officials over the years who must have looked at intelligence reports revealing the truth about Lockerbie, but still happily lied about it.

It is an old journalistic saying that if you want to find out government policy, imagine the worst thing they can do and then assume they are doing it. Such cynicism is not deserved in all cases, but it does seem to be a sure guide to western policy towards Libya. This is not to defend Gaddafi, a maverick dictator who inflicted his puerile personality cult on his people, though he was never as bloodthirsty as Saddam Hussein or Hafez al-Assad.

Adam 36

Location hidden

#41589 Apr 15, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why were you wasting your precious time in bringing "democracy" to these countries? How much bloodshed your efforts and how much havoc they have caused in past 10 years?
The Western Style Democracy is only fit for those people who have left their religion and religion is only a garment they put on some special occasions.
And then look at what is the definition of Democracy for Algeria, Egypt and Palestine.
In Egypt Hosni Mubarak the Dictator was blue eyed boy of Western Nations for most of his 3o years rule.... no one objected for him for being non Democratic.
Then when local uprising against him started, he became a "bad boy" for the west.
And when New Elected Govt took power in Egypt, West rejected it, because it was not what they "expected".
And when the "Democratically elected" Govt. was overthrown by Same Military, and a new dictator came into power, he was welcomed by all western powers and they are giving him full support and a new cycle of atrocities has started in Egypt.
This is game Western nations play in ME countries in the name of democracy.
similar story is repeated in Algeria and Palestine and every where , when people vote for Islamic laws and Islamic parties to come to power.
Democracy for Western people means any Govt. that toes their line and show treachery to the people who elected it.
This is the main reason why so many Dictators are ruling in ME countries.....they are planted by Western Nations.
And instaed of blaming their unprincipled stand, they only blame Muslims
Are you saying there is no hope for separation of Mosque and state in Islamic countries?
Gray

Powhatan, VA

#41592 Apr 15, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atrocities? Since when is it an atrocity to defend yourself against Arab/Islamic initiated terror?
I worked as a Medic in a Palestinian Refugee Camp/ Tent hospital in '73 and witnessed, first hand, the demented sadism of your dear " terror fighters"

They were similar civilians with identical wounds.

“They used to enter houses and kill women and children indiscriminately”: Deir Yasin Massacre, 09.04.1948

http://avoicefrompalestine.wordpress.com/2010... “they-used-to-enter-houses-and -kill-women-and-children-indis criminately”-lest-we-forget-de ir-yasin-massacre-09-04-1948/# _ftn3

"A chilling account of the massacre is given by a Red Cross doctor (Deputy Inspector General Richard Catling, who arrived at the village on the second day and saw himself – the mopping up – as one of the terrorists put it to him.

He says that the “mopping up” had been done with machine guns, then grenades and finished off with knives.

Women’s bellies were cut open and babies were butchered in the hands of their helpless mothers.

Around 250 people were murdered in cold blood.

Of those 250 people, 25 pregnant women were bayoneted in their abdomens while still alive.

52 children were maimed under the eyes of their own mothers, and they were slain and their heads cut off.

Their mothers were in turn massacred and their bodies mutilated. About 60 other women and girls were also killed and their bodies mutilated.

British interrogating officer, Deputy Inspector General Richard Catling, confirmed that:

“The recording of statements is hampered also by the hysterical state of the women who often break down many times whilst the statement is being recorded.

There is, however, no doubt that many sexual atrocities were committed by the attacking Jews.

Many young schoolgirls were raped and later slaughtered. Old women were also molested.

One story is current concerning a case in which a young girl was literally torn in two.

Many infants were also butchered and killed.

I also saw one old woman … who had been severely beaten about the head with rifle butts.

Women had bracelets torn from their arms and rings from their fingers and parts of some of the women’s ears were severed in order to remove earrings.”[1]

These same atrocities continue today even by the admission of ethical Israeli Refusniks

“Israeli Teenagers Refuse to Join IDF over West Bank 'Human Rights Violations'”
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/israeli-teenagers-re...
EXCERPT: "The main reason for our refusal is our opposition to the occupation of the Palestinian territories by the army,"

"There are actions that are considered war crimes according to international law on a daily basis such as assassinations, extrajudicial killings, building of settlements on the Palestinian territories, administrative detentions, torturing, collective punishment and unequal distribution of resources such as water and electricity.
"The problem in the military system is not limited to the confines of its effect on the Palestinian society, but seeps into the daily lives of the Israeli society as well."CONTINUED

Now, who to believe: a couch potato Shill or eyewitnesses and ethical Israels?
Gray

Powhatan, VA

#41593 Apr 15, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked as a Medic in a Palestinian Refugee Camp/ Tent hospital in '73 and witnessed, first hand, the demented sadism of your dear " terror fighters"

“They used to enter houses and kill women and children indiscriminately”: Deir Yasin Massacre, 09.04.1948

http://avoicefrompalestine.wordpress.com/2010... “they-used-to-enter-houses-and -kill-women-and-children-indis criminately”-lest-we-forget-de ir-yasin-massacre-09-04-1948/# _ftn3

"A chilling account of the massacre is given by a Red Cross doctor (Deputy Inspector General Richard Catling, who arrived at the village on the second day and saw himself – the mopping up – as one of the terrorists put it to him.

He says that the “mopping up” had been done with machine guns, then grenades and finished off with knives.

Women’s bellies were cut open and babies were butchered in the hands of their helpless mothers.

Of those 250 people, 25 pregnant women were bayoneted in their abdomens while still alive.

52 children were maimed under the eyes of their own mothers, and they were slain and their heads cut off.

Their mothers were in turn massacred and their bodies mutilated. About 60 other women and girls were also killed and their bodies mutilated.

British interrogating officer, Deputy Inspector General Richard Catling, confirmed that:

“The recording of statements is hampered also by the hysterical state of the women who often break down many times whilst the statement is being recorded.

There is, however, no doubt that many sexual atrocities were committed by the attacking Jews.

Many young schoolgirls were raped and later slaughtered. Old women were also molested.

One story is current concerning a case in which a young girl was literally torn in two.

Many infants were also butchered and killed.

I also saw one old woman … who had been severely beaten about the head with rifle butts.

Women had bracelets torn from their arms and rings from their fingers and parts of some of the women’s ears were severed in order to remove earrings.”[1]

These same atrocities continue today even by the admission of ethical Israeli Refusniks

“Israeli Teenagers Refuse to Join IDF over West Bank 'Human Rights Violations'”
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/israeli-teenagers-re...
EXCERPT: "The main reason for our refusal is our opposition to the occupation of the Palestinian territories by the army,"

"There are actions that are considered war crimes according to international law on a daily basis such as:

- assassinations,

- extrajudicial killings,

- building of settlements on the Palestinian territories,

- administrative detentions,

- torturing,

- collective punishment and

- unequal distribution of resources such as water and electricity.

"The problem in the military system is not limited to the confines of its effect on the Palestinian society, but seeps into the daily lives of the Israeli society as well."CONTINUED

Now, who to believe: a couch potato Shill or eyewitnesses and ethical Israels?

Adam 36

Location hidden

#41594 Apr 15, 2014
Gray wrote:
<quoted text>
In 73 you say? Deir Yassin was in 1948. So much for your credibility and taqiyyah...

However Deir Yassin was attacked because 1 day after the UN declared Israel a state the Arabs began the siege of Jerusalem cutting off all water and supplies to the Jews.
The real story of Deir Yassin was that it was an Arab lie...admitted by a Palestinian leader..
What Hazem Nusseibeh told the BBC about Deir Yassin

The video focuses on an interview with Hazem Nusseibeh, a member of one of Jerusalem's most prominent Arab families. In 1948 he was an editor of the Palestine Broadcasting Service's Arabic news.

In this interview with the BBC he admits that in 1948 he was instructed by Hussein Khalidi, a prominent Palestinian Arab leader, to fabricate claims of atrocities at Deir Yassin in order to encourage Arab regimes to invade the expected Jewish state.

http://www.2nd-thoughts.org/deir_yassin.html
Gray

Powhatan, VA

#41595 Apr 15, 2014
FROM THE SHILL MILL:
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
In 73 you say? Deir Yassin was in 1948. So much for your credibility and taqiyyah...
l
"In 73 you say? Deir Yassin was in 1948. So much for your credibility and taqiyyah..."
Of course I know when the one of countless massacres occurred.

A competent reader would have noted that I didn't say I was around Deir Yassin in 1948 but I have seen much more of the Mid East, its conflicts, cultures & Israeli War Crimes than you have from your barca lounger with your Hasbara Handbook.

What do you distant squatters say to the ethical Israelis who also protest the same Genocide as condemned by the rational world:

“IDF commander: We fired more than a million cluster bombs in Lebanon”
“Phosphorous and cluster bombs heavily used; unexploded munitions litter wide area of Lebanon.”
http://www.haaretz.com/news/idf-commander-we-...

EXCERPT "What we did was insane and monstrous, we covered entire towns in cluster bombs," the head of an IDF rocket unit in Lebanon said regarding the use of cluster bombs and phosphorous shells during the war.

Quoting his battalion commander, the rocket unit head stated that the IDF fired around 1,800 cluster bombs, containing over 1.2 million cluster bomblets.

In addition, soldiers in IDF artillery units testified that the army used phosphorous shells during the war, widely forbidden by international law.

According to their claims, the vast majority of said explosive ordinance was fired in the final 10 days of the war.

The rocket unit commander stated that Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) platforms were heavily used in spite of the fact that they were known to be highly inaccurate.”CONTINUED

How many examples of Israeli War Crimes do you want; they account for the 33 to 1 Kill Ratio initiated by Israeli "Provoke & Massacre" ploys

"Our strategy was always to provoke the Arabs and get an appropriate response so we could attack and smash them".
[Israeli General Moshe Daylan]

Don't even bring up the thoroughly debunked myth of the "Raining Hamas Rockets" as equal

“Dissecting IDF propaganda: The numbers behind the rocket attacks”
http://mondoweiss.net/2012/11/dissecting-idf-...

source Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center (ITIC).
Gray

Powhatan, VA

#41596 Apr 15, 2014
FROM THE SHILL MILL:
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
l
My credibility is more intact than a homebody Hasbarat.

"In 73 you say? Deir Yassin was in 1948. So much for your credibility and taqiyyah..."
Of course I know when the one of countless massacres occurred.

A competent reader would have noted that I didn't say I was around Deir Yassin in 1948 but I have seen much more of the Mid East, its conflicts, cultures & Israeli War Crimes than you have from your barca lounger with your Hasbara Handbook.

What do you distant squatters say to the ethical Israelis who also protest the same Genocide as condemned by the rational world:

“IDF commander: We fired more than a million cluster bombs in Lebanon”
“Phosphorous and cluster bombs heavily used; unexploded munitions litter wide area of Lebanon.”
http://www.haaretz.com/news/idf-commander-we-...

EXCERPT "What we did was insane and monstrous, we covered entire towns in cluster bombs," the head of an IDF rocket unit in Lebanon said regarding the use of cluster bombs and phosphorous shells during the war.

Quoting his battalion commander, the rocket unit head stated that the IDF fired around 1,800 cluster bombs, containing over 1.2 million cluster bomblets.

In addition, soldiers in IDF artillery units testified that the army used phosphorous shells during the war, widely forbidden by international law.

According to their claims, the vast majority of said explosive ordinance was fired in the final 10 days of the war.

The rocket unit commander stated that Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) platforms were heavily used in spite of the fact that they were known to be highly inaccurate.”CONTINUED

How many examples of Israeli War Crimes do you want; they account for the 33 to 1 Kill Ratio initiated by Israeli "Provoke & Massacre" ploys

"Our strategy was always to provoke the Arabs and get an appropriate response so we could attack and smash them".
[Israeli General Moshe Daylan]

Don't even bring up the thoroughly debunked myth of the "Raining Hamas Rockets" as equal

“Dissecting IDF propaganda: The numbers behind the rocket attacks”
http://mondoweiss.net/2012/11/dissecting-idf-...

source Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center (ITIC).
Gray

Powhatan, VA

#41597 Apr 15, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
However Deir Yassin was attacked because 1 day after the UN declared Israel a state the Arabs began the siege of Jerusalem cutting off all water and supplies to the Jews.
The real story of Deir Yassin was that it was an Arab lie...admitted by a Palestinian leader..
What Hazem Nusseibeh told the BBC about Deir Yassin
The video focuses on an interview with Hazem Nusseibeh, a member of one of Jerusalem's most prominent Arab families. In 1948 he was an editor of the Palestine Broadcasting Service's Arabic news.
In this interview with the BBC he admits that in 1948 he was instructed by Hussein Khalidi, a prominent Palestinian Arab leader, to fabricate claims of atrocities at Deir Yassin in order to encourage Arab regimes to invade the expected Jewish state.
http://www.2nd-thoughts.org/deir_yassin.html
RE: "In this interview with the BBC he admits that in 1948 he was instructed by Hussein Khalidi, a prominent Palestinian Arab leader, to fabricate claims of atrocities at Deir Yassin....."

I cited The Red Cross documents which are far more credible than an Arab Quisling.

How many names of people who claim, on record, that the holocaust was full of "....fabricate(d) claims of atrocities..."

So much for YOUR credibility.

JUBAIL, KSA

#41598 Apr 15, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying there is no hope for separation of Mosque and state in Islamic countries?
Seperation between Church and State is a Christian concept, because Christianity is a defective religion and there are basically no teachings in Christianity on how to conduct matters of state.

Islam on the other hand started from Mosque and the Prophet's mosque was his seat for worship as well as seat of his disposing of state matters.

Islam is not a shirt which you wear while you are in mosque and wear another 'Non Islamic Shirt" while you are dealing with matters of state.

This seperation has made politics what it is today, a bunch of lies, intrigues and deception.

Why should Muslims leave a good system for a very defective one?

JUBAIL, KSA

#41599 Apr 15, 2014
Three Years After Gaddafi, Libya is Imploding into Chaos and Violence

Its government has no real power; militias are ever more entrenched, and now the state itself is under threat

By Patrick Cockburn

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Contd,.

But the Nato powers that overthrew him – and by some accounts gave the orders to kill him – did not do so because he was a tyrannical ruler. It was rather because he pursued a quirkily nationalist policy backed by a great deal of money which was at odds with western policies in the Middle East. It is absurd to imagine that if the real objective of the war was to replace Gaddafi with a secular democracy that the West's regional allies in the conflict should be theocratic absolute monarchies in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf. This is equally true of Western and Saudi intervention in Syria which has the supposed intention of replacing President Bashar al-Assad with a freely elected government that will establish the rule of law.

Libya is imploding. Its oil exports have fallen from 1.4 million barrels a day in 2011 to 235,000 barrels a day. Militias hold 8,000 people in prisons, many of whom say they have been tortured. Some 40,000 people from the town of Tawergha south of Misrata were driven from their homes which have been destroyed. "The longer Libyan authorities tolerate the militias acting with impunity, the more entrenched they become, and the less willing to step down" said Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch. "Putting off repeated deadlines to disarm and disband militias only prolongs the havoc they are creating throughout the country."

Unfortunately, the militias are getting stronger not weaker. Libya is a land of regional, tribal, ethnic warlords who are often simply well-armed racketeers exploiting their power and the absence of an adequate police force. Nobody is safe: the head of Libya's military police was assassinated in Benghazi in October while Libya's first post-Gaddafi prosecutor general was shot dead in Derna on 8 February. Sometimes the motive for the killing is obscure, such as the murder last week of an Indian doctor, also in Derna, which may lead to an exodus of 1,600 Indian doctors who have come to Libya since 2011 and on whom its health system depends.

Western and regional governments share responsibility for much that has happened in Libya, but so too should the media. The Libyan uprising was reported as a simple-minded clash between good and evil. Gaddafi and his regime were demonised and his opponents treated with a naïve lack of scepticism and enquiry. The foreign media have dealt with the subsequent collapse of the Libyan state since 2011 mostly by ignoring it, though politicians have stopped referring to Libya as an exemplar of successful foreign intervention.

JUBAIL, KSA

#41600 Apr 15, 2014
Can anything positive be learnt from the Libyan experience which might be useful in establishing states that are an improvement on those ruled by Gaddafi, Assad and the like? An important point is that demands for civil, political and economic rights – which were at the centre of the Arab Spring uprisings – mean nothing without a nation state to guarantee them; otherwise national loyalties are submerged by sectarian, regional and ethnic hatreds.

This should be obvious, but few of those supporting the Arab uprisings, for reasons other than self-interest, seem to have taken it on board. "Freedom under the rule of law is almost unknown outside nation-states," writes the journalist and MEP Daniel Hannan in a succinct analysis of why the Arab Spring failed. "Constitutional liberty requires a measure of patriotism, meaning a readiness to accept your countrymen's disagreeable decisions, to abide by election results when you lose."

Even this level of commitment may not be enough, but without it only force can hold the state together. The escape of Morning Glory, the ousting of Ali Zeidan and the triumph of the militias all go to show that the Libyan state has so far neither the popular support nor military power to preserve itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 9 min Johnny 461
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 35 min Is this True 47,087
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 692,110
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 990,677
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr DJ Crazee 39,286
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 11 hr BEWARE_RAY_ROTOLO 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 hr waaasssuuup 445,850
More from around the web