Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

There are 38105 comments on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette story from Jun 4, 2007, titled Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says. In it, Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports that:

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

w wman uk

UK

#39028 May 15, 2013
Take the most popular example, Quran (2:62)- "Those who believe (in the Quran), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." Well, if this isn't universal tolerance for other faiths, then what is?
But unfortunately this is also from the earliest Medinan Sura (the same one that famously speaks of "no compulsion in religion"). It was "revealed" just after Muhammad and his 100 followers were expelled from Mecca and desperately needed to make alliances with the people around them in their new home town of Medina. Most of their neighbors were not Muslims, and if Muhammad and his tiny group were to have informed the people around them of their religious inferiority and ultimate doom, then they would not have had the opportunity to gain power. By contrast, the 9th and 5th Suras are among the most intolerant of the Quran, and they are also considered the final revelations.
w wman uk

UK

#39029 May 15, 2013
The same seems to hold true for Sura 3, which is an exercise in ambivalence. Verse 151 condemns Christians to Hell for believing in the Trinity, while verses 113-116 say that there are among the People of the Book who believe in Allah and the Last Day and are in "the ranks of the righteous." In order to stay on the safe side, however, Muhammad warns in verse 118 against taking "for intimate friends from among others than your own people." It also helps to remember that this Sura was an early Median verse, like Sura 2, but it follows the Battle of Badr, and occurs at a time when Muslims were gaining strength in the community and could afford to be a bit more arrogant.
Taken as a whole, no other religion on earth has the mandate that Islam does to dominate those outside the faith politically and culturally. Non-Muslims are to be subjugated and forced to pay money to Muslims, according to the Quran's 9th sura and various Hadith. Islamic law (Sharia) not only governs the affairs of Muslims, but non-Muslims as well. It proscribes a body of rules that systematically discriminate against those of other faiths, denying them legal rights, restricting their religious practices, and even determining where they are allowed to build houses.
One of the more common tricks that today's Muslims disingenuously play on the truly naive is to pretend that that Muhammad commanded his followers to love and not to hate. This is a partial truth. There are Hadith that tell Muslims not to hate and not to do harm in word or deed (Muslim (1:65)) but the context and exact wording makes it very clear that this applies within the Muslim community to a believer's relations with fellow Muslims. These are not commands that govern a Muslim's obligation to the general community. As the
Another game that Muslim scholars play to compensate for the absence of verses commanding universal love is to appeal to verses of the Bible that provide this instruction. Such scholars assert that since Islam is based on the two earlier religions of Judaism and Christianity, it therefore inherits the concepts of peace, love and tolerance that are missing from the Quran.
But, of course, Muslims are not taught to believe the Old and New Testaments outright. There is no rote memorization of such scripture as there is for the Quran. There are also abundant historical and theological contradictions between the Quran and the Bible, from the Trinity to Redemption. For example, the Quran says that the crucifixion never happened (something that hardly anyone else denies). Of course, it also claims that the mother of Jesus was the sister of Moses as well, since the characters share the same name, even though they are separated by at least 13 centuries.(Needless to say, the Quran really isn't the best source for Judeo-Christian theology).
In short, it is highly disingenuous for Muslims to fill in the missing pieces of their faith by picking and choosing what they will from other religions to conveniently fit the fashion of the times.(This is particularly tasteless given the persecution that Muslim rulers have meted out historically on non-Muslim populations). Even though the practice of manufacturing Islam began with Muhammad, there are reasons why this military leader chose to say so very little about universal love and brotherhood, yet so very much about killing and eternal doom.

You see mug your own sword cut deepest .
What now some deflection blaming the Jews?????????
Peace for all

Calgary, Canada

#39030 May 15, 2013
w wman uk shits now all around
On her own body, on the ground
On herself, so naked bare
Tell her f*** O**, aint worth stare

Barks about things, so divine
Even drinks that pee of mine
Aint worth even a nickel, dime
Begs for money or does the crime

O she never went to school
What a silly thing and big fool
Listen to her not, nor even see
Face which aint worth penny to me

Rambles spots in destitute
Like a hopeless prostitute
At that mass, people don't even look
Cause that shape is ugly crook
Peace for all

Calgary, Canada

#39031 May 15, 2013
All the religions we respect
Just as best as all expect
And we love all mankind
Of all faith, of all kind

Peace for all is fact so dear
Love the fellow human, far or near
Not just love all humans, yes
Give all help from our possess

Humanity is on top, very top
Other good things, we keep, don't drop
But criticize ones who hate
Peace for all just makes all great

Peace comes true, it just ain't story
Peace is best, it brings you glory
Spreading hate against who are good
Does bring criticism, understood
Gary

Westerville, OH

#39032 May 15, 2013
Peace for all wrote:
All the religions we respect
Just as best as all expect
And we love all mankind
Of all faith, of all kind
Peace for all is fact so dear
Love the fellow human, far or near
Not just love all humans, yes
Give all help from our possess
Humanity is on top, very top
Other good things, we keep, don't drop
But criticize ones who hate
Peace for all just makes all greaeace comes true, it just ain't story
Peace is best, it brings you glory
Spreading hate against who are good
Does bring criticism, understood
Peace is wonderful . The question is how you go about achieving it.

Two of the worst approaches that are being practiced today in the Middle East and Asia is through appeasement and endless negotiations which are going nowhere.
The so-called Roadmap to Peace is a Roadmap to War.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#39033 May 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is easy, I have you as my teacher. You use the hate words I mollify them and use mild language.
Just using mild language is not helping you as your pro-islamic message is flawed from the beginning.

The destruction of Israel is nowhere in sight except for you dremers.
Ahmadinejad stated this almost 6 years ago ! Shows you how much he knows.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#39034 May 15, 2013
As a Jewish person on this forum, I must really, really, REALLY voice my utter disgust at racists who completely buy into conspiracy theories that demonise my entire community out of ignorance as well as racists who completely buy into religious and cultural appropriation of my religion and background out of ignorance.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#39036 May 15, 2013
Everyone who reads and/or contributes to this thread and others have the express right to espouse any viewpoint they wish whether right or wrong.

No one person "owns" or singly "operates" any race,religion,creed , or nationality.

This a great marketplace of ideas. Let's keep it that way.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#39038 May 15, 2013
Gary wrote:
Everyone who reads and/or contributes to this thread and others have the express right to espouse any viewpoint they wish whether right or wrong.
No one person "owns" or singly "operates" any race,religion,creed , or nationality.
This a great marketplace of ideas. Let's keep it that way.
Way to completely misconstrue an argument, Gary.

I'll just direct you over here so you too can understand why I find cultural appropriation rather uncomfortable:

http://this-is-not-jewish.tumblr.com/
Gary

Westerville, OH

#39039 May 15, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll just direct you over here so you too can understand why I find cultural appropriation rather uncomfortable:
Once again, that's just your selfish opinion. I am going to continue as alawys despite your selfish appropriation-more like a hijacking of Jewry,Runt Rabbi .
I am still going ahead with my toasts to Israel and its IDF in spite of protests from some sanctimonious SOB.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#39040 May 15, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a lot of reasons to identify positively with Jewry and and its culture.
One of my favorite relatives is married to a Jewess from Europe, I CHOOSE rather than be COMPELLED to be a defender of Israel Being a Chrsitian certainly predisposes a person towards Israel but is not imperative. So , Rabbi , I'm not harming anyone so don't feel the way you do.
Gray

United States

#39041 May 15, 2013
TRAITOROUS TROLL SEZ:
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> Israel has been supplying "honest, documented factual rebuttal" for "60+ years" now in the form of decisive victories by the IAF, IDF, Special Forces, etc. Have you taken notice ?
That's YOUR idea of an "honest, factual rebuttal"?

Hezbollah sez BOOOO!
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#39042 May 15, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> I have a lot of reasons to identify positively with Jewry and and its culture.
One of my favorite relatives is married to a Jewess from Europe, I CHOOSE rather than be COMPELLED to be a defender of Israel Being a Chrsitian certainly predisposes a person towards Israel but is not imperative. So , Rabbi , I'm not harming anyone so don't feel the way you do.
(Sigh) Besides continuing with this undisguised anti Semitism ("Jewess?" Hardly any one uses that, and the vast majority of the time it's with negative connotations; also, you don't think there's anything wrong in calling me a "Runt Rabbi," do you Gary?) you ignore how fundamentalist Christianity appropriates Judaism rather than celebrating it; so, yeah, I wouldn't be so "uppity" about your "appreciation" if it weren't for the fact that you treat our culture and our society as a means to an end and as some bizarre religious fulfillment fantasy that apparently results in some bs about "the Messiah returning and all the Jews who don't convert to Christianity will die."

If you truly want to appreciate our culture and religion, then do so without the misguided influences of religious exoticism and religious superiority.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#39043 May 16, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> Just using mild language is not helping you as your pro-islamic message is flawed from the beginning.
The destruction of Israel is nowhere in sight except for you dremers.
Ahmadinejad stated this almost 6 years ago ! Shows you how much he knows.
"Islamic message is flawed from the Beginning"?

Does that not show from where the hate Originates?

That is what I was saying, it is Jews and Christians who start this hate and they want Muslims to love them?

Is that what you are saying in your hateful and uncouth language?
Gary

Westerville, OH

#39044 May 16, 2013
Gray wrote:
TRAITOROUS TROLL SEZ:
<quoted text>
That's YOUR idea of an "honest, factual rebuttal"?
Hezbollah sez BOOOO!
Not my Idea of "honest ,factual rebuttal"- it's IDF's .

IDF sez BOOO !
Gary

Westerville, OH

#39045 May 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I was saying, it is Jews and Christians who start this hate and they want Muslims to love them?
No. wrong again. You are wrong everytime.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#39046 May 16, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
(Sigh) Besides continuing with this undisguised anti Semitism ("Jewess?" Hardly any one uses that, and the vast majority of the time it's with negative connotations; also, you don't think there's anything wrong in calling me a "Runt Rabbi," do you Gary?) you ignore how fundamentalist Christianity appropriates Judaism rather than celebrating it; so, yeah, I wouldn't be so "uppity" about your "appreciation" if it weren't for the fact that you treat our culture and our society as a means to an end and as some bizarre religious fulfillment fantasy that apparently results in some bs about "the Messiah returning and all the Jews who don't convert to Christianity will die."
If you truly want to appreciate our culture and religion, then do so without the misguided influences of religious exoticism and religious superiority.
That's just your "take" or "read" on Christians' purported superiority .
Once again , it's just your individual opinion about me "appropriating" Jewish culture. You are certainly not a "spokesperson" for neither Judaism nor Jewish nor Israeli culture so it really doesn't matter anyway.
The word "Jewess" was used by an elderly person I used to know so for that issue you are correct -it is rather archaic and out of common usage.
Have a good day .
Nutjobs here

Tel Aviv, Israel

#39048 May 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Islam is not hostile to infidels, it is the other way round!! Islam speaks the truth and falsehood and truth can never stay together.
2. Human right is a "catch all" phrase like "Anti Semitism". You can push any nation and every nation on these charges.
Why only Turkey, is any European country free from Human rights violations?
Why then Turkey is part of NATO? Why you use it when your interests demand it and treat it like leper when your interests are gone?
Are you being fare to Turkey?
03. So now Europe has become holder of Morality and Moral laws in the world?
What are basis of morals and morality in Europe?
1. You are either in denial or lying on purpose this is a part of Islam. Takiyah i believe. Since you deny this you have proven my point. The koran is full of hate and so is the Hadith. Mohamad massacred the Jews of Mecca and Medina when he created Islam so things seem to be the same. Funny thing is that much of Islam is taken from the Bible and Talmud. The koran even talks of the Jews and their right to the land of W.Palestine.
2. I never denied this just stated that Turkey has been arresting HR activists in Turkey since Islamists came to power.
Not sure what interests of mine you speak of. I believe NATO has done many wrong things from involvement in Bosnia-Kosovo to Libya.
Turkey and NATO have different interests. I generally don't support invading countries to change governments unless there is a clear threat at the time.
3. No Europe is not exactly moral but its better than the Middle eastern culture which oppresses religions, women, homosexuals etc.
I was answering about Turkey where since Erdogan has come to power it has become an Islamic Country where journalists are arrested for being liberal and the same happened for those in the army, politicians and HR activists. Again according to Der Spiegel Turkey used chemical weapons on Kurd civilians. All this together makes Turkey joining the EU a problem. Not to mention the fact that their interests clash in many cases.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#39049 May 16, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>That's just your "take" or "read" on Christians' purported superiority .
Once again , it's just your individual opinion about me "appropriating" Jewish culture. You are certainly not a "spokesperson" for neither Judaism nor Jewish nor Israeli culture so it really doesn't matter anyway.
The word "Jewess" was used by an elderly person I used to know so for that issue you are correct -it is rather archaic and out of common usage.
Have a good day .
I'm sorry, how exactly does the fact that I'm Jewish and have Israeli relatives NOT mean I have the right to speak about my own culture, religion and upbringing? My religion is not some "supplement" to yours nor does it mean that it is appropriate to only view Judaism through the lens of Christianity. I'm not berating you from wanting to appreciate my heritage, but it's very insulting to consider yourself in the right in this simply because you're religious. You can appreciate and learn about Jewish culture in better ways than this:

http://this-is-not-jewish.tumblr.com/tagged/C...

And I have to clarify that "Jewess" is a SLUR. Unless you're a Jewish woman who has decide to reclaim the term from its original racist 19th century creators for her own use, then yes, it's VERY inappropriate to use that to describe a Jewish woman.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#39050 May 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ, terribly sorry, but it's stupid to continue thinking you're completely in the right and being assaulted by "horrible people" like us when at the same time you find nothing wrong in calling us shit for not being Muslim and for calling you out on your bs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min here 48,625
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min X Pendable 182,649
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 11 min Ann Bonney 53,817
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Anna 971,662
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min hojo 646,591
Best "budget burger" I've ever had!! 13 min Doctor REALITY 3
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min Lbj 105,592
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr Steve III 44,682
More from around the web