Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported. Full Story
Nutjobs here

Daniel, Israel

#38928 May 7, 2013
Stunjob here wrote:
<quoted text>
your first honest words
actually with suicide bombing and missiles fired intentionally against Israel civilians, Israel probably should have the right to be immoral and barbaric in return.
can you give individual examples of your claims for barbarism??
Maybe when a group of Palestinian civilians attacked two Israelis who had wondered into their town by mistake, and ripped their bodies to shreds?
Sniper shooting of a baby in Hebron in her fathers hands?
Massacre of the Fogel family including women children and a baby in their own beds?
Massacre of a mother and her children in a car where they came up to the car to finish off the children?
and so on. All Palestinian atrocities carried out with the support of the Palestinian people and leaders.
Peace for all

Calgary, Canada

#38929 May 7, 2013
No body's end is near if all start loving peace for all.

PEACE FOR ALL WILL BRING HAPPINESS TO EVERY HUMAN ON PLANET EARTH.
Gray

Midlothian, VA

#38930 May 7, 2013
Gary wrote:
"With more Zionist attacks" we can ensure that the atrocities perpetrated by Assad and his fellow Islamo-fascists will be subsiding. Debka, an excellent website I have been following for several years now, will continue to bring us timely and accurate accounts of the last days of the Assad family regime.
The hardline Islamo-fascist shills that drop their bird crap here will certainly be whining in lock-step with the rants of Iran et al.
So, you just wrote to say that you adore another Zionist Propaganda outlet?

I used to rely on Debka, briefly until I found they speak for IDF's "information" dissemination department.

Refuting just ONE of my documented, and seriously researched Comments might give you a good start if you're so desperate for credibility.

Neither you nor any of your fellow Shills (look up the word) have refuted ONE of my Comments.

Congratulations on being duped......again!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#38931 May 7, 2013
-

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Why Ecuador Loves Rafael Correa

It's not luck but good financial judgment that has set the president on the path to victory in forthcoming elections

By Mark Weisbrot

February 15, 2013 "Information Clearing House" - Rafael Correa is far ahead of his nearest rival in Sunday's presidential election in Ecuador, and expected to easily win another four-year presidential term. It's not hard to see why.

Unemployment fell to 4.1% by the end of last year a record low for at least 25 years. Poverty has fallen by 27% since 2006. Public spending on education has more than doubled, in real (inflation-adjusted) terms. Increased healthcare spending has expanded access to medical care, and other social spending has also increased substantially, including a vast expansion of government-subsidised housing credit.

If all that sounds like it must be unsustainable, it's not. Interest payments on Ecuador's public debt are less than 1% of GDP, which is quite small; and the public debt-to-GDP ratio is a modest 25%. The Economist, which doesn't much care for any of the left governments that now govern the vast majority of South America, attributes Correa's success to "a mixture of luck, opportunism and skill". But it was really the skill that made the difference.

Correa may have had luck, but it wasn't good luck: he took office in January of 2007 and the next year Ecuador was one of the hardest hit countries in the hemisphere by the international financial crisis and world recession. That's because it was heavily dependent on remittances from abroad (eg workers in the US and Spain); and oil exports, which made up 62% of export earnings and 34% of government revenue at the time. Oil prices collapsed by 79% in 2008 and remittances also crashed. The combined effect on Ecuador's economy was comparable to the collapse of the US housing bubble, which contributed to the Great Recession.

And Ecuador also had the bad luck of not having its own currency (it had adopted the US dollar in 2000) which means it couldn't use the exchange rate or the kind of monetary policy that the US Federal Reserve deployed to counteract the recession. But Ecuador navigated the storm with a mild recession that lasted three quarters; a year later it was back at its pre-recession level of output and on its way to the achievements that made Correa one of the most popular presidents in the hemisphere.

How did they do it? Perhaps most important was a large fiscal stimulus in 2009, about 5% of GDP (if only we had done that here in the US). A big part of that was construction, with the government expanding housing credit by $599m in 2009, and continuing large credits through 2011.

But the government also had to reform and re-regulate the financial system. And here it embarked on what is possibly the most comprehensive financial reform of any country in the 21st century. The government took control over the central bank, and forced it to bring back about $2bn of reserves held abroad. This was used by the public banks to make loans for infrastructure, housing, agriculture and other domestic investment.

It put taxes on money leaving the country, and required banks to keep 60% of their liquid assets inside the country. It pushed real interest rates down, while bank taxes were increased. The government renegotiated agreements with foreign oil companies when prices rose. Government revenue rose from 27% of GDP in 2006 to over 40% last year. The Correa administration also increased funding to the "popular and solidarity" part of the financial sector co-operatives, credit unions and other member-based organisations. Co-op loans tripled in real terms between 2007 and 2012.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#38932 May 7, 2013
Contd.

The end result of these and other reforms was to move the financial sector toward something that would serve the interests of the public, instead of the other way around (as in the US). To this end, the government also separated the financial sector from the media the banks had owned most of the major media before Correa was elected and introduced anti-trust reforms.

Of course, the conventional wisdom is that such "business-unfriendly " practice as renegotiating oil contracts, increasing the size and regulatory authority of government, increasing taxes and placing restrictions on capital movements, is a sure recipe for economic disaster. Ecuador also defaulted on a third of its foreign debt after an international commission found that portion to have been illegally contracted. And the "independence" of the central bank, which Ecuador revoked, is considered sacrosanct by most economists today. But Correa, a PhD economist, knew when it was best to ignore the majority of the profession.

Correa has had some bad press for going against the conventional wisdom and perhaps worse in the eyes of the business press succeeding. The worst media assault came when Ecuador offered asylum to WikiLeaks journalist Julian Assange. But here, as with economic policy and financial reform, Correa was right. It was obvious, especially after the UK government made an unprecedented threat to invade Ecuador's embassy, that this was a case of political persecution.

How rare, and refreshing, for a politician to stand firm against such powerful forces the US and its allies in Europe, and in the international media for the sake of principle. But Correa's tenacity and courage has served his country well.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#38933 May 7, 2013
Nutjobs here wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERY DAY? so give me a sumup this week of daily atrocities against 'hapless' Palestinians??
I watch Arab tv calling to kill Jews (and Christians), destroy Israel, and all kinds of incitement and libels.
Iran is probably the biggest source of terrorism in the world but as a Muslim since its against Infidels you probably support it.
Iranian agents have been caught in dozens of countries trying to overthrow governments, carry out terror attacks, support local insurgents and much more.
The Muslims and Arab world have a problem with Western values in General. Freedom, womens rights, religious rights for non-Muslims, equality in general, freedom of speech, Individualism etc.
Israel sums it all up and being located in the region pisses people like you off.
Sadly While countries like Russia are becoming more free IMO the West is going backwards.
What makes Israel more brutal and stone hearted than any other nation??? give some examples since you are so sure.
Dont give some long article someone wrote give single examples.
You will believe in all these stories about Iran without proof and without investigation.

But when we say same things about Israel, you start asking for proofs?

Why this double standard? May I ask?
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38934 May 7, 2013
Gray wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to rely on Debka, briefly until I found they speak for IDF's "information" dissemination department.
Refuting just ONE of my documented, and seriously researched Comments might give you a good start if you're so desperate for credibility.
Neither you nor any of your fellow Shills (look up the word) have refuted ONE of my Comments.
I love the IDF. The IDF happen to be one of your chief obstacles in preventing YOUR Islamic hordes from dislodging the Jews from their homeland. Good luck in overcoming the IDF ....it just won't happen. What other lost causes will you defend after realizing that the Islamic hordes are permanently subdued and mo longer a threat to Israel ?
Nutjobs here

Daniel, Israel

#38935 May 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You will believe in all these stories about Iran without proof and without investigation.
But when we say same things about Israel, you start asking for proofs?
Why this double standard? May I ask?
Some I have investigated others i dont really care its not something i usually speak of. When someone however claims Israel is the biggest terror supporter i give them the real answer.
Either way plenty of evidence Iran supports Islamic Jihad, Hamas, Hizballah in the region. Other attacks have evidence also but that is enough anyways.

You however blame Israel for Palestinians killed by their own people. Blame Israel when the whole Palestinian society calls for Israels destruction and death to the Jews.
You follow a religion which is evil IMO.

The reason i often ask for proof is because what you are saying is made up so there is no proof to give in the first place. I know this because i am here on the ground and have seen and studied the subject. If someone from Iran would give me a reason to believe otherwise than i could change my outlook but that hasn't happened yet even from Iranians abroad.
Nutjobs here

Daniel, Israel

#38936 May 7, 2013
Gray wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly i tried answering you on the Israel 65 years post did not go through. If it has not appeared i will write later.
You relied on DEBKA?? thats funny but its zionist, not exactly IDF but former intelligence agents who were living in Jerusalem maybe still are.
While it is an interesting website a lot of what is written is iffy.

As for refutations i will but you seem unable to answer any of the questions i posed instead choosing to say that other people cant answer you.

Give a legal document giving Palestinians as a nation the right to the land?
Give a legal document which cancels the Mandate for Palestine?
and so on.

You also lie that nobody has refuted even one of your comments as people have you just choose to ignore them and continue posting the same things for years it seems.

As i have mentioned before others have written plenty of evidence showing how the majority of the quotes you post are either false or taken out of context. Not sure how you think you can be taken seriously after that.
Lastly maybe be clearer on what you are writing instead of just posting links with a bunch of jumbled up language above and below it.

Not sure what you have seriously researched when it comes to Israel, maybe you have a point on the more ancient stuff.
You have however built up a nice group of links from Nazi and propaganda websites which like DEBKA do sometimes write total BS.
Moses Kestenbaum ODA

United States

#38937 May 7, 2013
Iran is on its last leg. Today at three locations where missiles are being stored and developed were invigorated and turned into dust, with a high casualty rate amount of deaths unknown yet. Who was behind the explosions? Fingers are being pointed at israel and rightfully so, israel has now as was reported by janes over 750 nuclear tipped missiles almost all of that aimed at iran, at the push of a button iran will be turned back into dust, the syrian bombs last week were small atomic bombs that rattled the entire syrian capital , israel has perfected these small atomic bombs to the point that one Israeli jet could bomb ten locations at once with small nuclear explosions, it is estimated that the casualty rate in iran will be in excess of 10 million deaths
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38938 May 7, 2013
Moses Kestenbaum ODA wrote:
Iran is on its last leg. Today at three locations where missiles are being stored and developed were invigorated and turned into dust, with a high casualty rate amount of deaths unknown yet. Who was behind the explosions? Fingers are being pointed at israel and rightfully so, israel has now as was reported by janes over 750 nuclear tipped missiles almost all of that aimed at iran, at the push of a button iran will be turned back into dust, the syrian bombs last week were small atomic bombs that rattled the entire syrian capital , israel has perfected these small atomic bombs to the point that one Israeli jet could bomb ten locations at once with small nuclear explosions, it is estimated that the casualty rate in iran will be in excess of 10 million deaths
Absolutely correct.
Both your points and mine are somehow lost on the deaf ears and dull minds of the likes of both Gray and Muq and others . Could you believe Gray is an attoney ? He must defend petty thieves and vandals since he doesn't have any evidence to support any of his points that he pushes. Israel is here to stay and Itan along with its Islamic brethren nations are an endangered species.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38939 May 7, 2013
Moses Kestenbaum ODA wrote:
Part 2 ..... I agree that Israel used mini-nukes on the Syrian capital last week. That's why Russia got vocally involved in the protests and issued dire threats. Syria will soon be crushed with or without Russia's warnings . Don't worry about Gray. He's just a frustrated attorney who makes a career out of defending lost causes.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38940 May 7, 2013
We got a sneak preview about what is in store for nasrallah's hezbollah and Iran after Israel used these mini-nukes.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#38941 May 8, 2013
1. He should be arrested and sent to GITMO for being an Anti Semite- MUQ

2. How dare he can do such a Barbaric Act while "claiming" to be a Scientist - MUQ

Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/

LONDON: World renowned physicist Stephen Hawking has decided to join the academic boycott of Israel and he won't be attending the annual conference hosted by Israeli president ShimonPeres in Jerusalem, the British paper Guardian reported on Tuesday.

Hawking had earlier agreed to participate in the conference called 'Facing Tomorrow' in June where international personalities join to discuss new ideas. Since the announcement of his participation four weeks ago, Hawking was reportedly flooded with letters and emails urging him not to go to Israel.

Although Hawking has not issued a public statement saying he will boycott the upcoming event, a statement by the British committee for the Universities of Palestine said that it was "his independent decision to respect the boycott, based upon his knowledge of Palestine, and on the unanimous advice of his own academic contacts there", according to Guardian. Hawking is reported to have approved of the statement.

Several public personalities in the UK have been leading a sustained campaign to promote boycott and divestment from Israeli universities and other academic entities to protest against the occupation of Palestine and treatment of Palestinians at the hands of Israelis.

Hawking had last visited Israel in 2006 at the invitation of the British Embassy there. He gave lectures in both Israeli and Palestinian universities.

After the 2009 Israeli attack on Gaza in 2009, Hawking condemned Israel strongly and publicly.

Hawking has been known to take anti-war positions in the past. In 2004, he joined an anti-Iraq war demonstration in London and addressed the demonstrators, calling the US led invasion of Iraq a 'war crime' and based on 'lies'.

Hawking suffers from a rare motor neuron disease called ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease. As a result he is confined to a computer run wheel chair. He is 71 years old now and reportedly not keeping well.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#38942 May 8, 2013
Nutjobs here wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly i tried answering you on the Israel 65 years post did not go through. If it has not appeared i will write later.
You relied on DEBKA?? thats funny but its zionist, not exactly IDF but former intelligence agents who were living in Jerusalem maybe still are.
While it is an interesting website a lot of what is written is iffy.
As for refutations i will but you seem unable to answer any of the questions i posed instead choosing to say that other people cant answer you.
Give a legal document giving Palestinians as a nation the right to the land?
Give a legal document which cancels the Mandate for Palestine?
and so on.
You also lie that nobody has refuted even one of your comments as people have you just choose to ignore them and continue posting the same things for years it seems.
As i have mentioned before others have written plenty of evidence showing how the majority of the quotes you post are either false or taken out of context. Not sure how you think you can be taken seriously after that.
Lastly maybe be clearer on what you are writing instead of just posting links with a bunch of jumbled up language above and below it.
Not sure what you have seriously researched when it comes to Israel, maybe you have a point on the more ancient stuff.
You have however built up a nice group of links from Nazi and propaganda websites which like DEBKA do sometimes write total BS.
How can a Mandate to "come from abroad and populate a country that is already populated" be issued by Any country?

And why should Palestinians need a "Mandate" to continue living in the country and the lands they were living in for past 1300 years?

And where is the "mandate" for US people to live in the land of USA which was not there's?

Why "Only Israel" is made exception in these matters?

What is "so special" about them?

When will they shed their "wooly lamb clothes" and wear the "Wolves clothes" that fit them actually?

When a country looses the right to live when they are pushed from their lands?

One decade?

One Century?

Two Centuries?

Ten centuries?

Fifteen Centuries?

Twenty Centuries?

Why "Only Israel" has "perpetual lien" on the land of their ancestors?

And why "Claims are being settled on the basis of religion and religious scriptures" in our Modern Athiests controlled society?

Which other people in the world would approach UNO with their "scriptures in their hands and ask for Mandate to migrate and displace people living there"?

Is it not a strange world we are living in?
Ryan

New York, NY

#38943 May 8, 2013
I hope Israel CONQUERS Iran. The Arabs had their turn occupying the Purs, now's the time for Jews to take their fun!
Ryan

New York, NY

#38944 May 8, 2013
GO, ARABS and JEWS! Anyone who fights the evil snakes in EVIL IRAN is a friend of ours!
Nutjobs here

Daniel, Israel

#38946 May 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a Mandate to "come from abroad and populate a country that is already populated" be issued by Any country?
And why should Palestinians need a "Mandate" to continue living in the country and the lands they were living in for past 1300 years?
And where is the "mandate" for US people to live in the land of USA which was not there's?
When will they shed their "wooly lamb clothes" and wear the "Wolves clothes" that fit them actually?
One decade?
One Century?
Two Centuries?
Ten centuries?
Fifteen Centuries?
Twenty Centuries?
And why "Claims are being settled on the basis of religion and religious scriptures" in our Modern Athiests controlled society?
Which other people in the world would approach UNO with their "scriptures in their hands and ask for Mandate to migrate and displace people living there"?
Firstly there was no country on the land.
Second the land was mostly empty.
Third people who lived on the land at the time of the Mandate 1920's should be able to stay on the land, those non-Jews who came afterwards from out of W.Palestine however its questionable.
Fourth they were not displacing people at all on the contrary they spent 100 times the price of the land to purchase it.
It is a strange world we are living in.

Let me be clear firstly i dont like your kind at all, I refer to extremist Islamists. You are the ones who are destroying the world.
I have a major problem with the Palestinian conflict as i believe everyone should have a certain level of freedom.
This freedom should include IMO autonomy for the Palestinian people as the Oslo Accord was meant to give.
While the Mandate for Palestine ignores the rights of non-Jews on the land to vote it gave them social and religious rights. This is not exactly something acceptable today IMO.
However i see no reason to give the Palestinians even autonomy when they are very clear that whatever they get they will use to destroy Israel. I believe most Israeli Jews would agree with me but and Palestinians have given no reason to be trusted with any responsibility.
Would Saudi Arabia give the Shiite community in the Oil region of Saudi autonomy? Why should they we a target?
What about the Arabs and Azerbajani Iranians? Kurds in various countries and so on. IMO there are many groups of people in the region and world who deserve their own autonomy and have proven that they are capable unlike the Palestinians.
w wman uk

Liverpool, UK

#38947 May 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
One decade?
One Century?
Two Centuries?
Ten centuries?
Fifteen Centuries?
Twenty Centuries?
It is mug it is how many palistinians got killed by the IDF today not many if any.
How many muslims got killed today by muslims hundreds maybe a thousand? Not a sqweek about that from or resident islamofacest strange because he claims to care so much for his muslims brothers ,sisters dont matter by the way.
Its not strange to see why the world sees islamists as murderers in pajamas.
Nutjobs here

Daniel, Israel

#38948 May 8, 2013
http://www.palwatch.org/main.aspx...

PA official, If we had a nuke we would have used it today. Peacefull my ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min WildWeirdWillie 174,916
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min USA Born 554,330
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Stilgar Fifrawi 762,682
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min lil whispers 603,432
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Dr_Zorderz 263,192
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 49 min Khatru 441,608
Moses never existed 55 min Khatru 492

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE