Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

There are 38105 comments on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette story from Jun 4, 2007, titled Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says. In it, Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports that:

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

Gary

Westerville, OH

#38445 Mar 19, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Impoverished Mexico may be, but I still very much enjoy being Mexican. It has its merits as well as its faults, but I don't think you or MUQ are willing to recognise that in your own nations.
Interesting lineup we've got here:
The Jew from Mexico
The Christian from the US
The Muslim from Saudi Arabia.
Have to admit, Advocate that it is an interesting lineup. When I was a researcher at a large university near the east coast, I worked with Muslims,Hindus, Christians,Jews,etc. I also have had several Jewish friends both here in my city and the east coast . Some of them are messianic and others are actively involved against Iran and its interests.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#38446 Mar 19, 2013
Dear Friends

I would be taking a ten days break from these threads as I plan to Visit Makkah / Medina and offer prayers and visit holy sites there.

See you back after 10 days.

Wish you all the best and Have a Good time
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#38447 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please leave me out of it, I do not despise any nation and for your info I am an Indian Engineer working in Saudi Arabia.
I have no prejudice against any nation or people. Regarding Jews we have some theological differences, but Quran never says that "all Jews are bad".
Quran does praise good people amongst them as well as from Christians.
If they do not believe in Islam, they commit a crime which shall be punishable in the hereafter, not here.
We have to and and we shall co-exist on this planet, till the end of time!!
Neither Jews, Nor Christians, nor Muslims (nor any other major religions of the world) would disappear from the face of earth till the very end of Time.
But that does not mean we should not discuss religion and try to answer questions about each other.
But it should be done within limits maintaining decency of debate and not demonizing each other.
Which we see very clearly in Jews / Christians attitude when they speak about Islam and our prophet and our book.
Well well, this is one of the rare times that I agree with most of what you state (except the last part -- it extends to all faiths regarding each other and not just Islam...and the fact that there is no universal compulsion for religion); however, we still must remind each other to respect our beliefs-- the issue is not to say "who is better" but to debate relevant topics within faith.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#38448 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Dear Friends
I would be taking a ten days break from these threads as I plan to Visit Makkah / Medina and offer prayers and visit holy sites there.
Have a nice time~
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38449 Mar 19, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have much to build a case on yourself, kiddo.
But I admit it's rather entertaining to watch as you and Gary continually get in each other's faces. I always have popcorn ready!
Muq is hilarious . Pass the popcorn !
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#38450 Mar 19, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> Have to admit, Advocate that it is an interesting lineup. When I was a researcher at a large university near the east coast, I worked with Muslims,Hindus, Christians,Jews,etc. I also have had several Jewish friends both here in my city and the east coast . Some of them are messianic and others are actively involved against Iran and its interests.
Well, the thing with Judaism is that while for the most part it tends to be unified on certain issues, a lot of divisions within keep it a rather diverse community -- Reform, Orthodox, Haredi, Karaite, etc...Iran and Messianic activity mean different things to all of them, but for the most part "Messianic" conjures up an uncomfortable image of the far right that most tend to not want to go near, and if they do they don't share it publicly. That and there're a lot of Iranian Jews in the world, and Jews as a whole don't really feel threatened by IRAN -- Ahmadinejad maybe a bit, but he doesn't compare to, say, Hamas. There is a more tangible fear of Hamas than there is of Iran and Ahmadinejad.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38451 Mar 19, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a nice time~
Even though we greatly differ, Muq, have a great and safe trip !
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38452 Mar 19, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Well well, this is one of the rare times that I agree with most of what you state (except the last part -- it extends to all faiths regarding each other and not just Islam...and the fact that there is no universal compulsion for religion); however, we still must remind each other to respect our beliefs-- the issue is not to say "who is better" but to debate relevant topics within faith.
Absolutely !
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38453 Mar 19, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the thing with Judaism is that while for the most part it tends to be unified on certain issues, a lot of divisions within keep it a rather diverse community -- Reform, Orthodox, Haredi, Karaite, etc...Iran and Messianic activity mean different things to all of them, but for the most part "Messianic" conjures up an uncomfortable image of the far right that most tend to not want to go near, and if they do they don't share it publicly. That and here're a lot of Iranian Jews in the world, and Jews as a whole don't really feel threatened by IRAN -- Ahmadinejad maybe a bit, but he doesn't compare to, say, Hamas. There is a more tangible fear of Hamas than there is of Iran and Ahmadinejad.
This is true, Advocate. My friends and acquaintances who are Jews, run the gamut from Reformed,Conservative, and Messianic. I've noticed since following many of the Israeli websitess for several years, that there has been quite a debate raging about what to do or not to do about Iran's nuclear propgram. So far as I can tell, there hasn't yet been any consensus on a plan of action or when it will occur-if it happens at all.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38454 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Dear Friends
Have a great time and safe trip . Wish you the best !
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38455 Mar 19, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the thing with Judaism is that while for the most part it tends to be unified on certain issues, a lot of divisions within keep it a rather diverse community -- Reform, Orthodox, Haredi, Karaite, etc...Iran and Messianic activity mean different things to all of them, but for the most part "Messianic" conjures up an uncomfortable image of the far right that most tend to not want to go near, and if they do they don't share it publicly. That and there're a lot of Iranian Jews in the world, and Jews as a whole don't really feel threatened by IRAN -- Ahmadinejad maybe a bit, but he doesn't compare to, say, Hamas. There is a more tangible fear of Hamas than there is of Iran and Ahmadinejad.
The threat from Hamas is so much closer and feels more realistic . Ahmadinejad and Iran are certainly hostile but it is more of a strategic threat rather than tactical. Nevertheless, since Iran has been deploying their minions with Hezbollah within close proximity to Israel's frontiers, they are feeling the threat from Iran in that way as well.
ocxz

Mamoudzou, Mayotte

#38456 Mar 20, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> True, but they would be better off if they did ! LOL
False, they are better off if they don't, i can relate to it.
Proof is your kind is not wanted there.
Everywhere they have been evangelists have sown death destruction and havoc.
Just saw a documentary about Amerindians tribes decimated just after they were "converted" by christian evangelists.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38457 Mar 20, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
False, they are better off if they don't, i can relate to it.
Proof is your kind is not wanted there.
Everywhere they have been evangelists have sown death destruction and havoc.
Just saw a documentary about Amerindians tribes decimated just after they were "converted" by christian evangelists.
It's not what I want , it's what God wants. God is the one that makes policy ,not me
ocxz

Mamoudzou, Mayotte

#38458 Mar 20, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> It's not what I want , it's what God wants. God is the one that makes policy ,not me
God or whatever you beleive in is your policy, not mine.
It is when you start proselytizing that there is a problem.
Things are as they are for a reason.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38459 Mar 20, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
God or whatever you beleive in is your policy, not mine.
It is when you start proselytizing that there is a problem.
Things are as they are for a reason.
You are welcome to believe what you want but you had better be sure what you believe in is the truth. I do not care what you believe.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#38460 Mar 20, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> You are welcome to believe what you want but you had better be sure what you believe in is the truth. I do not care what you believe.
Well, ox DOES have a point here-- proselytising is viewed as annoying and/or contrary to one's rights by some. I do believe that the US has some line drawn between free speech and not wanting to be preached to.

It depends though. It's not the same turning away Jehova's Witnesses, who're typically very polite (I've had a couple show up on my doorstep here, their church is rather close to my house...) than it is with, say, street corner evangelists or missionaries sent to poor countries, or evangelists in poor countries. The last two have VERY bad reputations. We went to Guatemala this December to visit a friend and she remarked that a lot of the Catholic and Mayan villagers were scared of these aggressive bands of evangelists (usually Pentecostals) actually going around and illegally entering altar spaces and churches to burn down icons -- the main church in Santiago Atitlán, a village on the edge of lake Atitlán, actually took in a lot of Catholic effigies sent in by poorer villages to protect them from being destroyed.

Gary

Westerville, OH

#38461 Mar 20, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ox DOES have a point here-- proselytising is viewed as annoying and/or contrary to one's rights by some. I do believe that the US has some line drawn between free speech and not wanting to be preached to.
It depends though. It's not the same turning away Jehova's Witnesses, who're typically very polite (I've had a couple show up on my doorstep here, their church is rather close to my house...) than it is with, say, street corner evangelists or missionaries sent to poor countries, or evangelists in poor countries. The last two have VERY bad reputations. We went to Guatemala this December to visit a friend and she remarked that a lot of the Catholic and Mayan villagers were scared of these aggressive bands of evangelists (usually Pentecostals) actually going around and illegally entering altar spaces and churches to burn down icons -- the main church in Santiago Atitlán, a village on the edge of lake Atitlán, actually took in a lot of Catholic effigies sent in by poorer villages to protect them from being destroyed.
I'm not a proselytiser or an evangelical type of person here. My main thrust is to EXPLAIN the Bible-especially the prophecies and where some of the current events lead to fulfillment of prophecies. If someone doesn't like it they let it be known or go to another thread. I don't care if they like it or not. That has to be expected. I do not have to explain anything.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38462 Mar 20, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
That is too bad if it is annoying to them. I have my right of free expression,too. This is not your website. This is for everyone that the owners wish to be here. People are no doubt going to be offended if they disagree. If they are that sensitive, then they have choices to make about what thread(s) they wish to participate in.
ocxz

Pamandzi, Mayotte

#38465 Mar 20, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Impoverished Mexico may be, but I still very much enjoy being Mexican. It has its merits as well as its faults, but I don't think you or MUQ are willing to recognise that in your own nations.
Interesting lineup we've got here:
The Jew from Mexico
The Christian from the US
The Muslim from Saudi Arabia.
You are Mexican
He is American (USA)
Muq is indian
I am french.

Gary is a christian evangelist with his stale off topic lullabies.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38466 Mar 21, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Mexican
He is American (USA)
Muq is indian
I am french.
Gary is a christian evangelist with his stale off topic lullabies.
You are just ignorant fool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 min KellyP in Jersey 2,087
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Doctor Peace 49,048
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Pad 646,734
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min The Hangman 971,745
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 44,705
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 1 hr Thinking 5
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr Scottish man 22
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Annaleigh 105,636
More from around the web