Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

There are 38083 comments on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette story from Jun 4, 2007, titled Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says. In it, Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports that:

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#38419 Mar 18, 2013
jim wrote:
<quoted text> cannonical law , give me a break, come on quote us some facts rabbii
Of course, my good friend Rabbi Michael Skobac will provide a handy list:

Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
Jewish belief is based on national revelation.
But first, some background: What exactly is the Messiah?

The word "Messiah" is an English rendering of the Hebrew word Mashiach, which means "anointed." It usually refers to a person initiated into God's service by being anointed with oil.(Exodus 29:7, 1-Kings 1:39, 2-Kings 9:3)

1. Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God.(Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Specifically, the Bible says he will:
Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world &#8213; on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.
Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.

A. Messiah as Prophet

The Messiah will become the greatest prophet in history, second only to Moses.(Targum - Isaiah 11:2; Maimonides - Yad Teshuva 9:2)
Prophecy can only exist in Israel when the land is inhabited by a majority of world Jewry, a situation which has not existed since 300 BCE. During the time of Ezra, when the majority of Jews remained in Babylon, prophecy ended upon the death of the last prophets &#8213; Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi.
Jesus appeared on the scene approximately 350 years after prophecy had ended, and thus could not be a prophet.

B. Descendent of David

Many prophetic passages speak of a descendant of King David who will rule Israel during the age of perfection.(Isaiah 11:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5-6, 30:7-10, 33:14-16; Ezekiel 34:11-31, 37:21-28; Hosea 3:4-5)
The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see Genesis 49:10, Isaiah 11:1, Jeremiah 23:5, 33:17; Ezekiel 34:23-24). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father &#8213; and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David.(1)
According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god,(2) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.

This is only part of the article, i can post more if you'd like!
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#38420 Mar 18, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> i don't care much for Mexican music. Sometimes your radio station Super Estelar comes in late at night here. I like Cuban music and Listen to Radio Havana sometimes. Somtimes Radio Progreso and Radio Rebelde switch into English from Spanish.
....What does this have to do at all with the topic at hand?
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38421 Mar 18, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been off topic many times . Who are you to dictate what we discuss? This is not your website
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38422 Mar 18, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have any good friends. Nobody could survive your personality. You are what is meant by a twit !
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38423 Mar 18, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
So in addition to being a Bible thumper you're a racist too? Tut tut, your boyfriend MUQ won't be too happy about this!
I'm married to a woman from Europe. He's your boyfriend ! He's your type. LOL ! The Advocate Group is a big homosexual advocacy group in Mexico City . Have yuo heard of it ?
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38424 Mar 18, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Touched a nerve now, did I? You KNOW that Evangelicals such as yourself are widely disliked, you KNOW that it's hypocritical to want lip service for your religion but then find it acceptable to force your beliefs on people who DON'T think the same way. Misery isn't defined by a lack of crazy Bible thumping rhetoric, but I can pretty much say that the very thought of people like you, who do not respect other religions or opinions is repugnant. Truth is subjective, but the vast majority of sane people can agree tha people like you are among the most hated.
Want to have some fun? Type "Evangelicals are..." in your Google search bar and you'll get results like "Evangelicals are crazy/stupid/idiots/hypocrites evil" and, my personal favourite, "evangelicals are unCanadian."
Means nothing to me.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#38426 Mar 18, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> I'm married to a woman from Europe. He's your boyfriend ! He's your type. LOL ! The Advocate Group is a big homosexual advocacy group in Mexico City . Have yuo heard of it ?
You're saying I'm married to your wife? What? That's odd considering I'm married to my college girlfriend and have two kids with her -- a daughter and a very young son.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#38427 Mar 18, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> You have been off topic many times . Who are you to dictate what we discuss? This is not your website
"Tit for tat" isn't part of a logical discussion, sonny.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38429 Mar 18, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying I'm married to your wife? What? That's odd considering I'm married to my college girlfriend and have two kids with her -- a daughter and a very young son.
Never said that. Reread my reply !
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38431 Mar 18, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tit for tat" isn't part of a logical discussion, sonny.
You and Muq are way off logical discussions. You rwo have lots in common.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#38432 Mar 19, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you'll be saying that when those same Evangelists will come to your door to try and "save you" from Islam. Isn't proselytism banned in the KSA? Why're you so willing to support it when it comes to places outside the KSA towards Jews? Hypocrite.
And funny how you define "salvation" when most people DO NOT want that kind of contact with religion.
I would "love" if any Evangelist come to my door and try to "convince me" that his religion is "Best".

And I will not open my Quran at all!!

I will ask him to open His Bible and read some portions from it, which I indicate.

He will say "He never knew that these passages exist in his own book" and would promise to come back later.

When you are on true path and speaking truth, you will not have to worry from such lay preachers.

I did not want to boast, Allah forgive my boast and keep me on true path.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38433 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would "love" if any Evangelist come to my door and try to "convince me" that his religion is "Best".
I will ask him to open His Bible and read some portions from it, which I indicate.
He will say "He never knew that these passages exist in his own book" and would promise to come back later.
When you are on true path and speaking truth, you will not have to worry from such lay preachers.
Christians would be in big trouble in either Iran or Saudi Arabia . Allah does not even exist !
ocxz

Reunion

#38434 Mar 19, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> Christians would be in big trouble in either Iran or Saudi Arabia . Allah does not even exist !
Well at least they don't have to listen to your hogwash.
w wman uk

Bradford, UK

#38435 Mar 19, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does an under educated like try to pretend their educate by alledging the have a degree and are alumini . lm bored here its full of fake flakes and Pseuds.
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38436 Mar 19, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
You so clueless about everything . What do you know ? Not much !
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#38437 Mar 19, 2013
-

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Drones and Our National Religion

By David Swanson (Contd.)

Of course, the Commander in Chief kills U.S. citizens all the time by sending them into wars. Drones don't change that. Drone pilots have committed suicide. Drone pilots have been targeted and killed by retaliatory suicide bombings. Drones have killed U.S. citizens through accidental "friendly" fire. The hostility that drones are generating abroad has motivated terrorist attacks and attempted attacks abroad and within the national borders of the United States.

But feeding corpses to our holy flag looks different when we're feeding them directly to the president's flying robots without a foreign intermediary. And yet to approximately a quarter of the U.S. public it doesn't look different after all. The president, in their own view, should have the power to kill them, or at least the power to kill anyone (including U.S. citizens) so contaminated as to be standing outside the United States of America -- a frightening and primitive realm that many U.S.ians have never visited and feel no need to ever visit.

Popular support for murder-by-president drops off significantly if "innocent civilians may also be killed." But a religious belief system perpetuates itself not through the positions it takes on existing facts so much as through its ability to select which facts one becomes aware of and which facts remain unknown.

Many U.S.ians have avoided knowing that U.S. citizens, including minors, have been targeted and killed, that women and children are on the list of those to be killed, that hundreds of civilian deaths have been documented by serious journalists including victims' names and identities, that U.S. peace activists went to Pakistan and met with victims' families, that the U.S. ambassador in Pakistan said there was a U.S. government count of how many civilians had been killed but he wouldn't say what it was,

that the vast majority of those killed are not important leaders in any organization, that people are targeted and killed without knowing their name, that people are targeted and killed merely for the act of trying to rescue victims of previous strikes, that the wounded outnumber the dead, that the traumatized outnumber the wounded, that the refugees who have fled the drone strikes are over a million, that the drone wars did not replace ground wars but began war making in new nations so destabilized now by the drone strikes that ground wars may develop, that some top U.S. military officials have said the drones are creating more new enemies than they kill, or that what drones are doing to our reputation abroad makes Abu Ghraib look like the fun and games our media pundits said it was.

If our courts killed without trials there would be by definition a risk of killing the innocent. The same should be understood when a president and his flying robots, or missiles, or night raids, kill without trial.

If we were being bombed we would not deem it any more acceptable to kill those who resisted than those who did not. Therefore, the category of "innocent civilian" (as distinct from guilty non-civilian) is suspect at best.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#38438 Mar 19, 2013
Just see the "bickering" between Advocate and Gary.

It is very clear who is at the end of his wits.

I like discussions between Jews and Christians. In most cases Christians have no leg to stand on!!

They cannot prove any thing to them!!
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38439 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Just see the "bickering" between Advocate and Gary.
It is very clear who is at the end of his wits.
I like discussions between Jews and Christians. In most cases Christians have no leg to stand on!!
They cannot prove any thing to them!!
He's just jealous. he lives in an impoverished nation so he feels insecure. He never brings anything new to a discussion-just crticism. I don't have toprove anything to you. You will see Damascus's downfall soon as prophesied in isaiah 17
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38440 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to say Muq, you are not on any true path. Are you following the events in and around Syria
Gary

Westerville, OH

#38441 Mar 19, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but they would be better off if they did ! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 4 min HalloChristmasWeen 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Quivering lip Lib... 47,248
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 2 hr Just curious 78
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Johnny 471
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr kent 692,152
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 5 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 6 hr Trace 79
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Gabriel 990,711
More from around the web