Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported. Full Story

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#38158 Mar 4, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> First of all. I have never made a claim that our media is controlled by Jewish folks. I have always been supportive of the state of Israel . I really believe you have me confused with another contributir here. As far as Gamaliel is concerned, I have been emphasizing to Muq that Paul is just a mere mortal compared to Jesus. But you like you say. I might as well be talking to a fire hydrant.
. I confused you and Gray. Oops. You did say Gamaliel tutored Paul, but I can find little support for that...

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#38160 Mar 4, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> as far as Catholicism is concerned, my comments were focusing on the office of the pope and stressing that he is more of a "scholar" rather than a prophet like many see him. Another aspect of Catholicism I do not care for is their adulation of Mary. Actually, this more of a statement you here in the Protestant ranks rather than confined to Appalachia. Your part of the country has quite a few Baptists and Southern Baptists if I am correct,Ken.
I know of NO claim that the Pope is by definition a prophet. Where did you get that?

Mary is not worshipped by Catholics. That is a common misconception.

You did say Catholicism is not Christian, yes? Of course it is.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38161 Mar 4, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
I know of NO claim that the Pope is by definition a prophet. Where did you get that?
I get the impression from some of the non-Christian folks that contribute here really don't understand the different denominations of Christianity and how differently they interpret the Bible and their perceptions of significance of the Pope.
I have always been a strong supporter of Israel even though I did not care too much dealing with their diplomatic personnel when I lived in Washington,D.C. I have Jewish friends,though as well as Muslim folks who are from Nablus in the West Bank.
Yes, I did say Roman Catholics are not Christians and I stand by it . Hitler grew up as a Catholic and had some unknown relation with them for years. Now that's something to "research" ! I believe it was the Catholics who sponsored the Crusades if I am correct. Have you found where I said the media is controlled by Jews and that I was against Jewry in general ? I don't believe you will because I did not say that. I'm here to defend them !
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#38162 Mar 4, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is venerated by Catholics in several different incarnations, each version of Mary a patron saint of a Catholic majority nation. Here she's La Vírgen de Guadalupe, in Peru Nuestra Señora de la Merced and in the Phillipines Nuestra Señora de Peñafrancia or "Ina."
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38163 Mar 4, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
I would still differ with you on that. Catholics have added some books to the Bible that are generally not recognzed as canon ;namely, the Book Of Tobit and the Book(s) of the Maccabees
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38164 Mar 4, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary, you have made a good effort at educating Muq, but you might as well be talking to a fire hydrant. While I respect your efforts, you have made some wide swings that make me wonder what denomination you claim. The first was your earlier claim that Catholicism was not considered a Christian religion, the kind of statement one hears up in the hills of Appalachia. What is your basis for the claim? The second seems to give more credit to Gamaliel than I can document: can you provide a scholarly reference to his having extensively tutored Paul? Your claim that our media is controlled by Zionists is false, and confuses being a Jew with being a Zionist as well. And, as I mentioned earlier, your intense hatred of Jews is hardly Christian and diminishes your credibility in my eyes. As for me, send all the Jews to the USA!
I just found something to the effect that Gamaliel was baptized by John The Baptist and converted to Chritianity and indeed , and taught Paul . But we don't know the exact sequence of events of Paul's enlightenment and education.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38165 Mar 4, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that the Pope is a prophet. He's just a career Biblical scholar in my opinion.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#38166 Mar 4, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> I get the impression from some of the non-Christian folks that contribute here really don't understand the different denominations of Christianity and how differently they interpret the Bible and their perceptions of significance of the Pope.
I have always been a strong supporter of Israel even though I did not care too much dealing with their diplomatic personnel when I lived in Washington,D.C. I have Jewish friends,though as well as Muslim folks who are from Nablus in the West Bank.
Yes, I did say Roman Catholics are not Christians and I stand by it . Hitler grew up as a Catholic and had some unknown relation with them for years. Now that's something to "research" ! I believe it was the Catholics who sponsored the Crusades if I am correct. Have you found where I said the media is controlled by Jews and that I was against Jewry in general ? I don't believe you will because I did not say that. I'm here to defend them !
The crusades were before the so called Protestant reformation. At that time all Christian churches were Catholic.

There are no grounds to your claim that Catholics are not Christian. You are a rather poor student in that regard,

I support Israel's legal right to exist as a state inside the boundaries laid for it in 1947. I hav friends of most all religions and have served in a diplomatic assignment in that region (the ME).

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#38167 Mar 4, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> I would still differ with you on that. Catholics have added some books to the Bible that are generally not recognzed as canon ;namely, the Book Of Tobit and the Book(s) of the Maccabees
Again, you ought to get your facts straight. The Catholic bible has not changed its composition in a thousand years. Martin Luther single handedly removed several books to suit his own liking, so the Protestants use a bible lacking those books.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#38168 Mar 4, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> Never said that the Pope is a prophet. He's just a career Biblical scholar in my opinion.
I have heard nobody claim the pope to be a prophet. He surely is a biblical scholar and much more.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#38169 Mar 4, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is venerated by Catholics in several different incarnations, each version of Mary a patron saint of a Catholic majority nation. Here she's La Vírgen de Guadalupe, in Peru Nuestra Señora de la Merced and in the Phillipines Nuestra Señora de Peñafrancia or "Ina."
We are both correct. Veneration is not worship.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#38170 Mar 4, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> John the Apostle of Jesus
And "where it is written" that John the Apostle of Jesus wrote the "Gospel according to John"?

Unless of course it is a "direct revelation" which Holy Ghost sent to you?

By the way, did you check books dealing with early history of each and every books that is included in OT and NT?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#38171 Mar 4, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
The crusades were before the so called Protestant reformation. At that time all Christian churches were Catholic.
There are no grounds to your claim that Catholics are not Christian. You are a rather poor student in that regard,
I support Israel's legal right to exist as a state inside the boundaries laid for it in 1947. I hav friends of most all religions and have served in a diplomatic assignment in that region (the ME).
You just committed a Great Sin and Blasphemy by asking Isreal to "live within the boundaries decided in 1947"?

This in our time is the "greatest insult" that one can show to the state of Isreal.

Did you not see that torrent of abuses and insults which Israeli PM and Isreali parliament and Jewish and Zionist lobby hurl at President of USA for his "mere suggestion" that Isreal stop constructing new Jews Only colonies in West Bank?

To all Jews "going back to 1947 boundaries" is the Greatest Insult and a very Anti Semite statement.

Since you say that you completed a diplomatic assignment in ME region, you know what the real problem is.

But how can you convince these Die-hard fans and supporters of every Israeli actions to the ground realities in ME?

All their hopes are "pinned on" their hallucination that one day Jews shall control the "whole of Palestine" and re-built the temple of Solomon in Jerusalem...

And Jesus who is "ready to come down"....but cannot because the 'temple is not yet built yet" ....shall come down and "all Jews shall" embrace him and sing Hosanna, Hosaana, Alleluya, Alleluya..

Is there any cure for this sickness?

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#38172 Mar 4, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
We are both correct. Veneration is not worship.
Worship is when we "say" we are worshipping. Right?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#38173 Mar 5, 2013
Jim wrote:
01. I can see you really never seriously study the bible, next time take your time, you really missed it, Jesus said before Abraham was I AM, what the root meaning of just those Words, there's many many more like these, G-d is known by many names in the bible,(THE GREAT I AM)

02. you have more than likely have Cancer of the Brain, or you may very Stupid, if I were you I would go see a brain surgeon, but I really Doubt that he would find one there, monkeys have a higher I.Q. than you.
Ans.

01. So this "one statement of Jesus" (I AM) would take him away from the rank of humans and place him on the Throne of God?

I am amused at the "innocence" of you people. You have bits of information, one scrap from here and one scrap from there….and then fill the gaps with your imaginations.

You raise Jesus to the level of God, with these ambiguous verses (taken out of context, mostly):

a I and my Father are one

b. One who has seen me has seen the Father.

c. Before Abraham was, I AM.

My friend, you need much stronger proofs that these to nullify the "First and Second commandment of Moses"!!

My study of Bible might not be very much, but I think it is still more than you people on these threads.

02. Brain Cancer:

Let us both go to a mental doctor and let him analyze who of us has got brain cancer.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#38174 Mar 5, 2013

Gary wrote:
<quoted text>

01. First of all. I have never made a claim that our media is controlled by Jewish folks.

02. I have always been supportive of the state of Israel . I really believe you have me confused with another contributor here.

03. As far as Gamaliel is concerned, I have been emphasizing to Muq that Paul is just a mere mortal compared to Jesus. But you like you say. I might as well be talking to a fire hydrant.
Ans.

01. Do you mean to say that if "You do not accept that sun is shining, it would refuse to shine"?

If you do not "accept" that your media is Jewish controlled, it would cease to be controlled by Jews?

Just look at the facts, check how many Jews are CEO and owners and controlling position of Major Newspaper chains, TV News and Film Industry?

02. I know you have "always been supportive of Isreal"….. irrespective of what atrocities and crimes they commit in and around their country….

And this shows that you "are brainwashed by the Jewish controlled media" ….these are tell tale signs of a brainwashed mind.

Otherwise the correct response should be "I am not partial to any country or any people. Whosoever does the wrong thing should be punished."

This is more apt condition of some one who is not biased or brainwashed.

03. Gamaleil: I think you have a strong fixation of this Gamaliel.

Just how much we know about him? And what is his status in Christianity?

And how much Paul learnt from him, is not known, again it is only the claim of Paul and there is no supportive statement.

This is problem with Christinaity, there is no evidence, very few people knew maximum and NONE of them was prophet of God!!

PS:

Talking to Fire Hydrant? I think you are more apt for that similie, but instead of water, you only quote "selected statements from St. Paul as ultimate proofs"

Best of luck to you.

Gary

Columbus, OH

#38175 Mar 5, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Crusades were still associated with the Catholic Church. I disagree with your claim I am a poor student . Your support of the 1947 borders for Israel is a prescription for disaster. I support the borders of Israel post Six Day War in 1967. God does not support 1947 borders.. The so-called Roadmap for Peace is just a movement to roll back Israel's gains in 1967 which were fulfillment of Biblical prophecy like I descibed to Muq some time ago ! I figured your were ex-military or senior government official at one time or another. I dated the daughter of a Lt.Gen. when living in Washington,D.C. He was an connected to one of our intelligence agencies and served in an major embassy . In the discussions I have had with him , you sound very much like him.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38176 Mar 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Do you mean to say that if "You do not accept that sun is shining, it would refuse to shine"?
If you do not "accept" that your media is Jewish controlled, it would cease to be controlled by Jews?
Just look at the facts, check how many Jews are CEO and owners and controlling position of Major Newspaper chains, TV News and Film Industry?
02. I know you have "always been supportive of Isreal"….. irrespective of what atrocities and crimes they commit in and around their country….
And this shows that you "are brainwashed by the Jewish controlled media" ….these are tell tale signs of a brainwashed mind.
Otherwise the correct response should be "I am not partial to any country or any people. Whosoever does the wrong thing should be punished."
This is more apt condition of some one who is not biased or brainwashed.
03. Gamaleil: I think you have a strong fixation of this Gamaliel.
Just how much we know about him? And what is his status in Christianity?
And how much Paul learnt from him, is not known, again it is only the claim of Paul and there is no supportive statement.
This is problem with Christinaity, there is no evidence, very few people knew maximum and NONE of them was prophet of God!!
PS:
Talking to Fire Hydrant? I think you are more apt for that similie, but instead of water, you only quote "selected statements from St. Paul as ultimate proofs"
Best of luck to you.
Actually, Muq, I support the nation of Israel post 1967's Six Day War. The "fire hydrant" analog should be claimed by Kenhunt as it his simile !
Gary

Columbus, OH

#38177 Mar 5, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you ought to get your facts straight. The Catholic bible has not changed its composition in a thousand years. Martin Luther single handedly removed several books to suit his own liking, so the Protestants use a bible lacking those books.
I grew up in Chicago in a Lutheran family so you can see my perspective. Since Chicago is a huge Catholic Diocese , I was able to have the opportunity to take Latin as my foreign language in high school.Since I am in the scientific and medical fields, that has served me well.

“bless the USA”

Location hidden

#38178 Mar 5, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text> I grew up in Chicago in a Lutheran family so you can see my perspective. Since Chicago is a huge Catholic Diocese , I was able to have the opportunity to take Latin as my foreign language in high school.Since I am in the scientific and medical fields, that has served me well.
. I hope you now understand the difference in the two canons was induced by Luther and has not changed in the Catholic version, and it never will. I also hope you grasp that the Crusades did involve the ONLY Christian church of that day, the Catholic Church. In those days the line between church and state barely existed in many cases. BTW My opinion that Israel's legal border has been set with the establishment of the modern state of Israel depends upon those borders being guaranteed and effectively protected by the UN. Following my career in maters of state, I have taught at a university for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Epiphany2 601,187
I think I was raped while passed out!! 10 min Truth 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min ChristineM 740,318
Christians Are Afraid To Speak Out Against Sin 14 min Witness 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 18 min tarek 895
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 28 min Edthirty 3,148
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min ChristineM 227,897
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr hojo 543,118
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lost In Transition 173,858
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 259,728