Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported. Full Story
w wman uk

Sheffield, UK

#37554 Jan 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you "pity" the Christians?
In the beginning they hanged "Their Lord and Master"
And in the end days they have Christians "licking their boots and asking for pardon and forgiveness for their past "rude" behaviour"!!
Vow, Simply Vow!!
Yet another wet dream mug ? That poor slave women that got her head cut off probably asked for pardon and mercy and a fair trial from the saudi murhumna . The hundred+ that were killed in murhumnastan yesterday would have asked for mercy from the murhumna that set the bombs. There crime being a differant type of murhumna from the bombers its oh so islamic. Who should we beg forgiveness from oh great prophet mug, allah the arssole that permits his most devoted followers to kill each other with glee. mohamed the pedophile or the iman or arsholla. The problem for people like the islamic extreeemists have shown their hand to soon and most people in the west know the is no dealing with murhumna.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37555 Jan 11, 2013
w wman uk wrote:
<quoted text>Yet another wet dream mug ? That poor slave women that got her head cut off probably asked for pardon and mercy and a fair trial from the saudi murhumna . The hundred+ that were killed in murhumnastan yesterday would have asked for mercy from the murhumna that set the bombs. There crime being a differant type of murhumna from the bombers its oh so islamic. Who should we beg forgiveness from oh great prophet mug, allah the arssole that permits his most devoted followers to kill each other with glee. mohamed the pedophile or the iman or arsholla. The problem for people like the islamic extreeemists have shown their hand to soon and most people in the west know the is no dealing with murhumna.
Why you do not worry about your own "pitiable" condition and worry about Saudi Arabia?

Don't you see Church and Pope "apologising" to jews again and again about the "poor treatment they gave to these jews over past 2000 years".

Worry more about your own past than worry about Saudi Arabia. I think you have no not done enough boot licking of these Jews.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37556 Jan 11, 2013
-

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

An American Legacy: Her Deadly Warriors-in-Chief

By Gary Brumback (contd.)

5. Global enticements. Globalization is the contemporary euphemism for imperialism. The globe is one giant opportunity for market expansion, resource exploitation and political manipulation. The prospect of installing or protecting dictatorships in the pretext of spreading and defending freedom is just too much of a temptation for CEOs and U.S. presidents alike to resist. The duplicitous and hypocritical Ike with his farewell address warning of the very military industrial complex over which he had presided was a supreme master of secret military operations carried out by the CIA to replace democratically elected presidents with dictators who protected corporate investments and operations and opened up for them rich resources like oil and minerals.

6. The powerful corpocracy. The first five circumstantial factors are all part and parcel of this sixth one, the powerful corpocracy. It took me about 10 years to study and then write a book about what the corpocracy is, what it does, and how it can be ended and democracy reclaimed.6 A U.S. president is a member of the corpocracy and is influenced by it, especially when it comes to making decisions about military interventions.

Are grave-sending U.S. presidents surrogate murderers?

A murder happens when someone is killed intentionally. A surrogate is someone acting on the behalf of someone else. If you accept these definitions, does it not follow that the making and selling of murderous weapons and the authorization by agents at the highest levels of government of the use of those weapons is a form of surrogate murder? And if men, women and children not targeted for killing but killed as part of the “collateral damage,” is that not a form of involuntary homicide or manslaughter?

Is any war just?

President Obama’s chief antiterrorism advisor confidently claimed in a speech April 30, 2012 at the Woodrow Wilson International Center that the president’s drone strikes were ethical, wise, and efficacious. 7 I think anyone with any conscience could easily refute him point by point, so I did in an article I wrote as soon as I read the transcript of his speech. 8

But to refute the claim made by many authorities that war can be just (their wars in particular) requires not only my bone-deep conviction that no war can be just but also in my summarizing what I think are irrefutable arguments for it. I will not summarize the arguments for a just war. They are rooted in philosophical and theological thinking and all amount to moral rationalizations. Throughout history religion has been an instigator, accessory, or silent accomplice of one war or other cruelty after another. If I had to align my thinking with any religious figure it would be with Erasmus, an early sixteenth century monk. War, he said, was “repugnant to nature,” and noted that no one had “ever heard of a hundred thousand animals rushing together to butcher each other, as men do everywhere.” 9
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#37557 Jan 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you do not worry about your own "pitiable" condition and worry about Saudi Arabia?
Don't you see Church and Pope "apologising" to jews again and again about the "poor treatment they gave to these jews over past 2000 years".
Worry more about your own past than worry about Saudi Arabia. I think you have no not done enough boot licking of these Jews.
I really cannot fathom as to why you believe all these conspiracy theories about people licking our boots. But, I guess that's your prerogative (even if you have a boot fetish or something like that)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#37558 Jan 11, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
I really cannot fathom as to why you believe all these conspiracy theories about people licking our boots. But, I guess that's your prerogative (even if you have a boot fetish or something like that)
Is there ANY OTHER community for which there is a law like Anti Semitism?

Is there ANY OTHER people to whom the Pope and Archbishop have offered any apology?

Do not Christian need to apologize to Muslims for starting the Crusade wars?

Does not USA need to apologize to people of Iraq for invading their country on false charges in 2003?

But we see a different approach from Western people when they deal with Jews and when the deal with Muslims.

How come these six million people got so much power and influence that every European country looks the "other way" when we start discussing the atrocities these Jews and committing in Palestine and elsewhere in ME?

Conspiracy is the mildest term that I can use, if I use Rough Language, I can say that they have USA and Europe by their "balls and curlies"!!
ocxz

Saint-denis, Reunion

#37559 Jan 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there ANY OTHER people to whom the Pope and Archbishop have offered any apology?
Does not USA need to apologize to people of Iraq for invading their country on false charges in 2003?
But we see a different approach from Western people when they deal with Jews and when the deal with Muslims.
How come these six million people got so much power and influence that every European country looks the "other way" when we start discussing the atrocities these Jews and committing in Palestine and elsewhere in ME?
Conspiracy is the mildest term that I can use, if I use Rough Language, I can say that they have USA and Europe by their "balls and curlies"!!
Agreed.
w wman uk

London, UK

#37561 Jan 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What with this licking thing mug? Is it an islamic custom? Or is it the repressed homosexial thing coming out. Its nice of you to take time off from beating your wife to post garbage here. You cant worry about the past its gone never to return. Or is your solution to turn back to the mohamidan cult invented by the proven lier theif murderer and pedophile mohamed? Whoes suporters are gleefully murdering each other on a daily basis.
w wman uk

London, UK

#37562 Jan 12, 2013
Yahweh wrote:
jews are devil!
Is Islam Satan Worship
“This exposure often motivates Christians to make the extra effort that it takes to bring the good news to Muslims. There is an attitude in Christian circles that Muslims may be worshipping the same God as Christians so it would be better just to leave them alone. This paper argues that the god of the Quran is not the God of the Bible. The teachings of Islam hurt the lives of its followers. Islam is like a stale, moldy crust of bread. Following Jesus is like a fresh, warm loaf right out of the oven. Christians must see that what they offer Muslims is wonderful and life-giving for them. Also to awaken the Christian scholarly community to the radical differences between Islam and Christianity. Too many scholars try every possible means to demonstrate common ground between Islam and Christianity. Committed Christian scholars need to honestly present the truth about differences between the fundamental teachings of both faiths.” Ex-muslim scholar Dr. Mark A. Gabriel
Did you know in the Koran (Qu’ran) in Surah Allah is called the greatest deceiver?
The Qu’ran teaches outright that Allah is capable of lying and deceiving people. In fact, one of the titles which the Quran ascribes to Allah is khayru al-makireen, that Allah is "the best deceiver / schemer / conniver" ( Surah 3:54; 8:30).
Do you know who the father of all lies is?(John 8:44)The Bible identifies him as Satan. He has these people bound in a hopeless religion, many with hard hearts, thinking that he’s the creator, and they can earn his favor…
“And when those who disbelieve plot against thee [O Mohammed] to wound thee fatally, or to kill thee or to drive thee forth; they plot, but Allah [also] plotteth; and Allah is the best of plotters”(Surat Al-Anfal 8:30)
“Fight them and Allah will torture (literal translation) them by your hands, and disgrace them, help you [to victory] over them,“(Surat Al-Tawbah 9;14)
“So, when you meet (in fight—Jihad in Allah’s Cause) those who disbelieve, smite (their) necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives).”(Surah 47:4)
“O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you; and know that Allah is with those who are Al-Muttaqun (the pious)”(Surah 9:123).
The Quran also speaks of the use of terror as a strategy of war.
w wman uk

London, UK

#37563 Jan 12, 2013
However, these verses were a part of the early revelations Muhammad received regarding those who rejected Islam. Muhammad was presenting a peaceful religion at this time because Muhammad had only a few followers, and they were all vulnerable, but Islam didn’t stay weak.
The Aggressive Years. Muhammad and his followers were persecuted in Mecca, so they went to Medina. Muhammad again attempted to persuade people with words. This lasted for about a year. Then Muhammad launched a new strategy based on power. He declared jihad (holy war) with the goal of converting nonbelievers to Islam by the sword. One of his new revelations stated:
“Kill the Mushrikun [unbelieving in Allah] wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush.”(Surah 9:5).
This “verse of the sword,” as it is now known, contradicted earlier revelations such as Surah 2:256 above.
Another later revelation declared a similar judgment against Christians and Jews.
“And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism, i.e., worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.”(Surah 8:39).
Muhammad preached this new philosophy until his death. In one of his last sermons he declared:
”After today there will no longer be two religions existing in Arabia any more. I descended by Allah with the sword in my hand and my wealth will come from the shadow of my sword. And the one who will disagree with me will be humiliated and persecuted.”[hadith of Al-Bukhari]

Sounds a bit like the iman that preached in Finsbury Park UK

Mohamed was sneeky when his followers were small he preached peace when ut when they grew to many it changed this explains the locauast effect of todays extreem islam.
w wman uk

London, UK

#37564 Jan 12, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Well you would do wouldnt you. One fool pating the other fool on the back. You chalanged me about the problems of having an increasing persentage of muslims in a country.I postedthe following. What happens to society's as the Muslim population grows in percentage of the total?

In the book, Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat, written by Dr. Peter Hammond, he explores the topic of the impact that an increasing Muslim population has on that society. The lists below illustrate the Muslim population status of countries around the world, and exactly what changes to the societies can be expected according to Hammond.
The book as well as the author are controversial, but the topic is definitely something that needs to be explored and understood. From the book:
As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:
United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%
At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.
This is happening in:
Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%
From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for
Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:
France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%
At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections, in:
Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 15%
After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:
Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8
w wman uk

London, UK

#37565 Jan 12, 2013
Thursday Dec 27 At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:
Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%
From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and ***ya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:
Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%
After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:
Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%
100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam'-- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:
Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 100%
Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.
I wish l was wrong what is the muslim population % in reunion? Give us some facts that refute the locaust effect of islam .

Even if these figures were 50% correct there is still major concerns for the host countries of Europe.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#37566 Jan 12, 2013
When nIran's current,delusional leader leaves office,the government and the people of Iran will welcome REAL CHANGE.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#37567 Jan 12, 2013
The removal of Bashar Assad and Ahmad Dinehjad,or whatever his name is,will be key to bringing about the kind of CHANGE in the middle east that will make end-time Bible prophecy take shape.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#37568 Jan 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you really read the news at all:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2000/mar/13/c...

Mind you that this apology for the Crusades is from 13 years ago.

And you know, it's a different transition for each peoples. It especially happens after large turning points that have a specific impact. It took WW2 for people to feel remorseful about antisemitism. It took the fall of the USSR for many Westerners to realise that the vast majority of Eastern Europeans weren't evil, and hopefully a more peaceful transition will lead people to stop mass scale discrimination against Muslims and the Roma, for example.

Also, it's not healthy to believe in conspiracies as they're based on fallacious "logic." Second, why do you complain so much about racism against Muslims and find it perfectly alright to discriminate against non Muslims? It's an atrocious double standard. If anything you should be concerned about general racism instead of specific racism. You'll be at peace that way. If not, you'll up like wman uk.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#37569 Jan 12, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Thank you for your support.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#37571 Jan 13, 2013
Advocate wrote:
I don't think you really read the news at all:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2000/mar/13/c ...

Mind you that this apology for the Crusades is from 13 years ago.

And you know, it's a different transition for each peoples. It especially happens after large turning points that have a specific impact. It took WW2 for people to feel remorseful about anti semitism. It took the fall of the USSR for many Westerners to realise that the vast majority of Eastern Europeans weren't evil, and hopefully a more peaceful transition will lead people to stop mass scale discrimination against Muslims and the Roma, for example.

Also, it's not healthy to believe in conspiracies as they're based on fallacious "logic." Second, why do you complain so much about racism against Muslims and find it perfectly alright to discriminate against non Muslims? It's an atrocious double standard. If anything you should be concerned about general racism instead of specific racism. You'll be at peace that way. If not, you'll up like wman uk.
Ans.

01. I did miss this news about Pope apologizing for Crusades. But what about USA apologizing to Iraqis for attacking their countries on "false charges"

02. Every one has sympathies with Jews for their suffering in Germany. But that does not mean that we condone their behaviour towards Palestinians. And by the way the slogan "Palestine belongs to Jews" was raised much before WW-1 and WW-2!!

03. And this was a strange "sympathy" shown to white nations from Warsaw pact and grant them full members of EU and leave aside Turkey the "trusted NATO partners for decades" This is a clear case of racism.

04. I do not support racism of any kind. We Muslims do not criticize or condemn any prophet of God. We do not speak bad words about religious personalities of other faith and we expect the same treatment from others for our prophet and our scriptures.

05. But we find very strong Anti Islamic bias in media where Islam and Muslims are concerned. And when we see that Jews have more than their population's share in owning media, it is not difficult to add two plus two.

06. And as the Pope has apologised for the Crusades (might be his "personal apology and not Church's), we might hear the same from US Presidents and Head of EU regarding what biased view they took of islam and Muslims.
mesghal

Bellevue, WA

#37572 Jan 13, 2013
For the best accurate results of currency and gold price visit Mesghall a persian

Plenty of people make a lot of money from the fluctuations of the gold and currency markets
www.mesghall.com
We carry your truest

&#1576;&#1585;&#15 75;&#1740; &#1575;&#1591;&#16 04;&#1575;&#1593;& #1575;&#1578; &#1583;&#1602;&#17 40;&#1602; &#1575;&#1586; &#1602;&#1740;&#16 05;&#1578; &#1607;&#1575;&#17 40; &#1593;&#1585;&#15 90; &#1608; &#1591;&#1604;&#15 75;..... &#1575;&#1586; &#1587;&#1575;&#17 40;&#1578; mesghall
&#1583;&#1740;&#15 83;&#1606; &#1705;&#1606;&#17 40;&#1583;.
&#1575;&#1593;&#15 78;&#1605;&#1575;& #1583; &#1588;&#1605;&#15 75; &#1587;&#1585;&#16 05;&#1575;&#1740;& #1607; &#1605;&#1575;&#15 87;&#1578;.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#37573 Jan 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I did miss this news about Pope apologizing for Crusades. But what about USA apologizing to Iraqis for attacking their countries on "false charges"
02. Every one has sympathies with Jews for their suffering in Germany. But that does not mean that we condone their behaviour towards Palestinians. And by the way the slogan "Palestine belongs to Jews" was raised much before WW-1 and WW-2!!
03. And this was a strange "sympathy" shown to white nations from Warsaw pact and grant them full members of EU and leave aside Turkey the "trusted NATO partners for decades" This is a clear case of racism.
04. I do not support racism of any kind. We Muslims do not criticize or condemn any prophet of God. We do not speak bad words about religious personalities of other faith and we expect the same treatment from others for our prophet and our scriptures.
05. But we find very strong Anti Islamic bias in media where Islam and Muslims are concerned. And when we see that Jews have more than their population's share in owning media, it is not difficult to add two plus two.
06. And as the Pope has apologised for the Crusades (might be his "personal apology and not Church's), we might hear the same from US Presidents and Head of EU regarding what biased view they took of islam and Muslims.
1) The US had a stake in seizing oil; even if the gov't feels remorseful an apology isn't forthcoming at the moment because it was all about gaining mineral wealth. They won't admit that for a while.

2) All Israelis aren't bad and it's unfair to equate them with that. Even within the IDF you cannot claim that it's the centre of evil; the same goes for organisations like Fatah. Both believe they are within their rights to do as they do. And yet you can see the good and the bad within both.

3) Turkey is in a difficult position; it can be due to racism but it is mostly attributed to its poor human rights record (odd why the EU seems to overlook this within the Balkans and central Europe) as well as its disputed location -- not quite Asia yet not quite Europe. Turkey is still part of the EBBU and can take part in the Eurozone contest (one of the weirdest things ever to be broadcasted, ever).

4/5) This is a very fallacious argument. "I'm not racist but-" is in itself a classically racist argument. The problem isn't with certain religions at all, but a fear of the unknown. Fear of Jews was later passed on to the Soviets and has now been heaped on Muslims. What close minded people fear is what they don't wish to understand. Ergo, close minded people =conservatives. Look up a list of conservatives of any nation despite their religion and background; the most bigoted will always be amongst the richest and the most conservative.

6) Fear of the Iran Hostage Crisis and 9/11 is what was taken advantage of by certain conservative gov'ts like the US and the UK to take further advantage fo the Middle East and not only take over its mineral wealth but to enact restrictive immigration policies and then moan in public about how oppressive Eastern regimes won't let their people out. They had everything to lose and gain; like I said, you are unlikely to hear and apology in your lifetime, if it took well over 1000 years for the Jews and the victims of the Inquisition and Crusades to be apologised to.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37574 Jan 14, 2013
Advocate wrote:
1) The US had a stake in seizing oil; even if the gov't. feels remorseful an apology isn't forthcoming at the moment because it was all about gaining mineral wealth. They won't admit that for a while.

2) All Israelis aren't bad and it's unfair to equate them with that..

3) Turkey is in a difficult position; it can be due to racism but it is mostly attributed to its poor human rights record (odd why the EU seems to overlook this

4/5) This is a very fallacious argument. "I'm not racist but always be amongst the richest and the most conservative.

6) Fear of the Iran Hostage Crisis and 9/11 is what was taken advantage of by certain conservative ..
Ans.

01. Seizing Oil? Is THAT what is behind it all? Is THAT what for 9/11 was planned and executed? I did not know that.

02. Who says ALL Isreali are bad? I am only criticizing the Ashkenazi Zionists and those who spearhead this hate filled agenda against Palestinians.

03. Human Right Record is a Trump Card using which you can shoot down any claim!! And the beauty of Human Right violation is that only works for your opponents and not on you!! They can reject Turkey, Russia, China, Japan any country based on their "poor" Human Rights record!!

04. The Nation based Democracy "needs to survive" on the fear of an Enemy. Unless you have an enemy your Democracy and not nationalism and your patriotism cannot survive.

So they always need an enemy, if there is no one existing they "invent" one. They "chose" Islam as their "next" enemy immediately after fall of USSR.

General Comment:

Your entire post is an "apology" and to justify whatever is happening.

What prevents you from calling a spade a spade. At least your conscience will be clear.

But by finding excuses after excuses would lower your moral standards also.

You should try to speak the truth and do not justify what wrongs are being done by your nation and any nation for than manner.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37575 Jan 14, 2013

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

An American Legacy: Her Deadly Warriors-in-Chief

By Gary Brumback (contd.)

Howard Zinn wrote that the supreme test for whether any war can be just is the U.S. military involvement in WWII. He then went on to raise several questions about it. Was the U.S. involvement for the rights of nations to independence and self-determination? To save the Jews? Against racism? For democracy? No, not at all according to his review of the evidence; the U.S. involvement in WWII had no such high-minded purposes, and he concluded that “Looking at World War II in perspective, looking at the world it created and the terror that grips our century, should we not bury for all time the idea of just war?”10

Two more touchstone wars need to be tested. One is America’s first, the American Revolution. It was fought for the partial right of independence and self-determination. It was a clash between two privileged classes 3,500 miles apart. It did not save the Indians. It led to their decimation and subjugation. It certainly was not against racism. And it certainly was not for a democracy of, for, and by all the people. Had the war not been fought British control would have eventually dissipated, just as it eventually lost all of its other colonies, and an America of a less militant nature might have eventually emerged.

The second touchstone is the Civil War, the most deadly for Americans of any military interventions launched by a U.S. president. Zinn makes it clear in his book that President Lincoln provoked the attack on Fort Sumter that launched the Civil War not with the primary purpose of freeing the slaves but “to retain the enormous national territory and markets and resources.” 11 Lincoln, in other words, was an early practitioner of imperialism by deadly military means.

After reading Zinn I did not remove the image of the Washington statute of our 16th President that is displayed on my website. I like the looks of it. Before reading Zinn I had written an iconoclastic piece about President Lincoln in my book on which the site is partly based. It was in reference to the rash of states around 2002 rushing to pass laws declaring states’ rights in defiance of federal regulations. Here are some extracts of what I wrote:

What if they left the Union and formed their own—There might be two Americas and two smaller corpocracies instead of one monstrous one.—President Lincoln may have made a colossal mistake in entering the Civil War. Slavery probably would have ended peacefully without [it]—because plantation owners were beginning to realize that share croppers were economically a better option than slave holding and thus emancipation would not have been forced by the Union on slave holders. Concomitantly, racial hatred and prejudice might not persist to this day—With two Americas so divided each would not have been strong enough to do much warring around the globe. And with two Americas so divided, the corpocracy as it exists today might not exist today.12

President Lincoln, in my opinion, should have adopted the sentiment of President Thomas Jefferson who exclaimed “If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation … to a continuance in the union …. I have no hesitation in saying, Let us separate.” Most political leaders up to the Civil War agreed with that view. They thought states had the right to secede. But so much for reverse history; we can all make of it what we will.

Can America’s endless wars be ended for good?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Pegasus 265,447
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min truth 560,464
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min It aint necessari... 778,332
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min truth 605,336
Moses never existed 34 min Khatru 827
Bingone (Nov '13) 36 min Bingone 13
The Topix Keepers (Dec '10) 38 min A noted Ferrerman 15,816
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 44 min Johnny 4,895
More from around the web