SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would...
joehubs

Herndon, VA

#109 Aug 8, 2011
@ cropduster, um wow pretty ignorant. i have operated with both and the SF guys have all those schools and then some. Both have different missions. Sf must survive in foreign lands and win the hearts and minds of the local people. Stupid question but I say that plenty of the SF guys have said "Don't f**k with seals in the water." So let that mean what you want it to. I say dealing with anything other than water SF hands down but the earth is 75% water but you are an idiot if you think all SF does is read a map. Medics are not only medics but vets and dentists as well. Read a little or just follow the old saying "best to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if you are stupid than open it and remove all doubt"
manly

Newport, KY

#110 Nov 30, 2011
you are all gay for even discussing this matter. stop wanking ur puds to real men.
Ex-Ranger

United States

#111 Nov 30, 2011
"70 my Ranger team, along with a Seal team, went into the Laotian countryside. We created a diversion while the Seal team went in, when they came out, WE fought our way to the river, the swift boats picking up the Seals covered our crossing and then at a nearby LZ, we were lifted out as the swifts headed down river. Both went in, both completed their mission, both fought their way out together, both left no man behind.....oh, did I mention "BOTH". WE had nothing but respect for each other - until you have that CIB or JSCM, it's just "training"...that's all.
Anon

Dublin, CA

#112 Dec 23, 2011
Huge difference I see is that SEAL training is officers and enlisted training together, so that every man sees what the people he is serving with are made out of.... BUDS is insanely brutal, rangers, USMC FR, PJs, Rangers all switch services to try and become SEALs... Good luck finding a team guy who left to join another SOF program.. I was in a BUDS class in 2000 and fractured my back, 2 major surgeries and 10 years later I still hurt... Not to take a single thing away from any of our SOF forces, but it isn't even a question who has the tougher training. For the record, being a prior badass in another service seems to not matter or predict your success at BUDS. I saw 18 year olds who would rather die, literally, than quit graduate, and combat veterans quit from surf torture. For all the people who argue about weapons and terrain, u completely miss the point. The mind and the warrior ethos is the weapon.... And the SEALs are second to none in this regard. Full disclosure- I am not a SEAl, I was discharged because of my injury.
Highlander

Philadelphia, PA

#113 Apr 19, 2012
1st SFOD-D hands down.

First let's talk about the selection process. Most 1st SFOD-D are derived from existing SF detachments or the 75th Ranger Regiment. Seals- anyone can opt, and not to take away from the relevance of the Coast Guard but up until 2011 Coast Guard could opt for BUD/S.-The foundations are completely overweighted in favor of the 1st SFOD-D indoctrinate.

And the same for FORECON or MSOR vs. SEAL's

However, SEAL's are still exceptional and they do get all the press.

Since: Apr 12

Huntington, WV

#114 Apr 19, 2012
Thats a tough one, they are both trained to get in and get out of every clime and place. I seen the Marines and Army do joint fighting exercises like CAX (combat assault exercises) and they were small force vs. larger force. Smaller won through resilience and less of a logistics struggle> my moneys on the SEALS,,, Kill
Jman gb

Frederick, MD

#115 Sep 28, 2012
Ive done my reaserch and I'm pretty sure over all green berets would win, they can speak a foreign language one or more, they are how to use just about every gun and other sort of weapon on earth and have excstesive training in small unit tactics,stealth,evasion,escape ,and there airborne besides there both teir 2 special ops (except seal team six) they don't call the green berets the masters of guirella warfare for nothing you know. P.S. whoever watched the deadliest warrior episcode with green berets vs. spetsnaz, green berets would have won by a mile I guarantee you that, that show is full of CRAP.
schae lakhan

United States

#116 Feb 21, 2013
Ryan wrote:
Let me sum this up.
If you put a 8 man team of Green Berets on a Oil Rig
or on a boat a 4 man SEAL team would kill all 8 of the Green Berets.
If you put a 8 man SEAL team in lets say the jungle a 4 man team of Green Berets would kill the SEALS.
Only reason why the SEALs lost was because that's not they're element, Only reason why Green Berets lost was because that's not they're element.
..........
Now one on one in a fight with no weapons in a big empty field, Now that would depend on the individual.
Let's say the SEAL was trained in MMA&Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
And the Green Beret only went through the hand-to-hand combat training that he learned in his training.
SEAL would kill the Green Beret in a matter of a minute or two.
If they both were trained in MMA&Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu it would just come down to Survival of the fittest and who wanted to live more. and who got the first choke-hold.
..........
Now If you were to put a Green Beret and a SEAL in the jungle and they had a competition who would make it out alive after a month (NO FIGHTNG) I would say the Green Beret because they're training is more about Survival and living off the land because of the type of missions they do.
..........
Like what other people said any SEAL could make it through GB training.
Not ever GB could make it through Hell Week or BUD/S
I served in the ARMY I have to say the last statement isn't true. Both Green Berets and SEALs go through Ranger school and there are SEALs that don't complete that school. Anyway Soldiers look forward to challenges I know some Green Berets that asked to go through BUDS but were declined my guess is because the navy knows they would breeze through that school. Green Beret TIM Kennedy would beat any SEal anyway the title means nothing both SEALs and Green Berets train together and fight together and they both do the same type of missions. Don't believe all the crap Hollywood has to sell.
seals all the way

Ridgewood, NY

#117 Mar 13, 2013
army 123 wrote:
green berets would win no question about it. green berets are experts in gerilla warfare. if you put a navy seal in the middle of the jungle the green beret would rip him apart.
navy seals are experts at stealth so the green berets would die before they can even react. gorilla warfare is no where close to stealth.
JJJ

United States

#118 Mar 14, 2013
Seals vs rangers vs green Berets if someone asks what one should they go to if they want to do special ops type stuff and wear all that cool special ops type gear I see a lot of people say that they all wear same gear
jurst

Philippines

#119 Apr 30, 2013
i think if you put a SEAL and green baret to fight? green baret would win because they got RAMBO on their side lol....hahahaha
all a bunch of idiotas

Brookhaven, PA

#120 Jun 20, 2013
XXX wrote:
<quoted text>
That info would be hard to get and I wouldnt want to state it, since SEALS go on A LOT of secret missions that the gov't doesn't make public, plus SEALs would win cause the fight in the pre game, which means all of the green berets amunition and weapons would be destroyed and they would have to navigate around all the traps the SEALs made-> thats why they are sunbathing, cause they already got the job done :)-> my other point is the SEALs were made because the green berets sucked in the vietnam war
Sooo. you guys do know that all "wars" after WWII were not wars because congress never declared war. Learn some history you idiotas.
LOL

Brookhaven, PA

#121 Jun 20, 2013
jurst wrote:
i think if you put a SEAL and green baret to fight? green baret would win because they got RAMBO on their side lol....hahahaha
LOL "you funny man senor frank" (star trek reference, the episode is " fist full of datas")
carpen7er

Lisbon, Portugal

#122 Jul 6, 2013
So many clueless comments here. The idea that the Seals only are good operating in teams and Green Berets by their own is ridiculous. Seals are trained to operate alone aswell. They also are specialists in one area, but train a little bit of everything, like the Green Berets. The other wrong idea, is that the Green Berets train foreign armies and partizans and the Seals don´t. Well, wrong again ! Seals are trained to do it too. That´s called unconventional warfare. Their training is almost the same, but i think the Seals are a little bit better nowadays. At least, many of you should know what you are talking about. Learn out to read at least.
de oppresso liber

United States

#124 Aug 17, 2013
Um actually you're wrong dude. The Army is the oldest branch in the us armed forces which makes the m the most experienced in combat. As far as hand to hand SEALs may be combat proven in a water environment but Green Berets live eat and sleep land environment. So they're both equal in a matter od speaking
grnberetvet

Summerville, SC

#125 Sep 28, 2014
Sadly a Seal Team was killed in an accident. Arriving at heaven they were met by St. Peter. Simultaneously they ask St. Peter if there were any Green Berets in heaven, shaking his head and looking at his feet he replied "No", they go to a different place. Ecstatic by his answer they entered heaven and started walking about. It was no time when they seen a female angle wiz by with her hands and feet zip tied. Looking at each other they shrugged it off and continued their tour. They rounded a curve and came across Seventy male angels kneeling, hands and feet zipped tied with croaker sacks covering their heads. Hearing a commotion over a hillside, they went to investigate.
Reaching the top of the hill they saw a fifty foot, sweaty, muscular bare chested man carrying a M1911 45 cal pistol wearing a Green Beret kicking ass and taking names. Running back to St. Peter they informed him a Green Beret was in heaven. St. Peter bowed his head and calmly said; Oh! That's God, he always wanted to be a Green Beret. De Oppresso Libre!
grnberetvet

Summerville, SC

#126 Sep 28, 2014
Many ask the difference between Navy Seals and Army Green Berets? Navy Seals want and crucially need publicity, whereas Green Berets are known as Quiet Professionals who understand the value of remaining ghostly.
grnberetvet

Summerville, SC

#127 Sep 28, 2014
joehubs wrote:
@ cropduster, um wow pretty ignorant. i have operated with both and the SF guys have all those schools and then some. Both have different missions. Sf must survive in foreign lands and win the hearts and minds of the local people. Stupid question but I say that plenty of the SF guys have said "Don't f**k with seals in the water." So let that mean what you want it to. I say dealing with anything other than water SF hands down but the earth is 75% water but you are an idiot if you think all SF does is read a map. Medics are not only medics but vets and dentists as well. Read a little or just follow the old saying "best to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if you are stupid than open it and remove all doubt"
Excellent analogy
rich

El Cajon, CA

#128 Oct 11, 2014
I see this stupid question all the time (who would win) win in what CHECKERS.
Let me ask you a stupid question.
which color is better RED or BLUE
which color wins.
Anonymous

Manteca, CA

#129 Oct 30, 2014
Ssdpr117 wrote:
Osama Bin Laden was killed by Seal's, Good Job America. Congrats.
Actually, a lot of other people were there including special forces green berets .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Chilli J 52,428
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Big Al 992,188
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 30 min daddy 28
Jake Tapper: I Lied About Trump S Hole Comment 2 hr Haha 2
Liberals The Party Of Perversion 3 hr Hallejula 1
Walgreens is owned by Christ-rejecting Jews 4 hr Doctor REALITY 10
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 4 hr Doctor REALITY 8
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Robert F 693,339
More from around the web