this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
No comparison. It never got hit by fully fueled airliners.
Only a half-witted twoofer shill would make such a claim.
Did you watch his video? I haven't seen anything go up in flames that fast since I went to Burning Man. That fire moved up that amazingly flammable plastic trim so fast, that I doubt that the steel underneath even had the chance to get warm to the touch, let alone heated to the point of weakening.
Adam

Lund, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Yes dear, there were reports of explosions and the sound of explosions reported by a number of people and a lot of them said it sounded like bombs going off. What there are no reports of, FDNY personnel who saw any actual bombs, Besides, if they were using thermite to bring the towers down, why would there be a need for bombs?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Fireman - "People don't understand! There may be more! Any one of these buildings can blow up! This ain't done yet!"

(Fireman was filmed on September 11, after an explosion in the lobby of one of the Towers, before either Tower fell)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Fireman - "People don't understand! There may be more! Any one of these buildings can blow up! This ain't done yet!"
(Fireman was filmed on September 11, after an explosion in the lobby of one of the Towers, before either Tower fell)
FAIL

That's taken completely out of context. It is an example of biased editing.
who

Basingstoke, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
FAIL
LOL!!
Jessica

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
FAIL
You agree that the video is authentic? In what context would the words mean anything other than "people don't understand! There may be more! Any one of these fkn buildings can blow up! This ain't done yet!" (said a dust-covered, bloody fireman who just escaped from an explosion in a Tower lobby)

Ricardo

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No comparison. It never got hit by fully fueled airliners.
Only a half-witted twoofer shill would make such a claim.
I'm especially impressed with the construction techniques of the east Europeans during the communist period. Take a look at the Usce Tower in Belgrade, in the former Yugoslavia (now Serbia). It was built in 1964, about the same time as the WTC towers. It's only a quarter as tall as the Towers (imagine the top quarter, since it doesn't need to be strong enough to hold 75 floors above it).

During the NATO bombing of Belgrade in April 1999, the USCE Tower withstood twelve (12) Tomahawk cruise missile strikes!! The Serbs went on to repair the damage and even added two floors to the existing structure!

Who would have thought that "Made in Yugoslavia" could have as much (or more?) market place value as "Made in the USA"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
You agree that the video is authentic? In what context would the words mean anything other than "people don't understand! There may be more! Any one of these fkn buildings can blow up! This ain't done yet!" (said a dust-covered, bloody fireman who just escaped from an explosion in a Tower lobby)
It meant secondary explosions which could be caused by many things, especially gas buildup. Fuel vapors sink.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Ricardo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm especially impressed with the construction techniques of the east Europeans during the communist period. Take a look at the Usce Tower in Belgrade, in the former Yugoslavia (now Serbia). It was built in 1964, about the same time as the WTC towers. It's only a quarter as tall as the Towers (imagine the top quarter, since it doesn't need to be strong enough to hold 75 floors above it).
During the NATO bombing of Belgrade in April 1999, the USCE Tower withstood twelve (12) Tomahawk cruise missile strikes!! The Serbs went on to repair the damage and even added two floors to the existing structure!
Who would have thought that "Made in Yugoslavia" could have as much (or more?) market place value as "Made in the USA"?
No comparison can be made due to entirely different construction techniques as well as different circumstances. Looks like fully fueled passenger airliners could be more effective than Tomahawk missiles, but again, no comparison can be made unless tested in controlled environments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Did you watch his video? I haven't seen anything go up in flames that fast since I went to Burning Man. That fire moved up that amazingly flammable plastic trim so fast, that I doubt that the steel underneath even had the chance to get warm to the touch, let alone heated to the point of weakening.
Buring Man huh? Been there, done that.

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

All the fuhking idiots go to burning man. Without water or sleeping bags.

Yeah the steel never had a chance to get warm even.

Good bwunking shill but it doesn't fly.

Neither do you. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Dr_Zorderz wrote:
All the fuhking idiots go to burning man. Without water or sleeping bags.
Yeah the steel never had a chance to get warm even.
Good bwunking shill but it doesn't fly.
Neither do you. LOL
Try going to Burning Man and get back too us. We already can see you know nothing of the 9/11 events; you know even less about Burning Man.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
Buring Man huh? Been there, done that.
I even kind of sort of remember most of it.

“DECEPTION = MOST POWERFUL ”

Since: Jul 11

POLITICAL FORCE ON THE PLANET

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

You're not supposed to eat the glow sticks moron. They fry your brain cells.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I even kind of sort of remember most of it.
We know how to Burn and the power of fire art. I was there in 2006 and 2007. In 2007 some dude burned the man early. Somehow they scrambled and came up with a replacement.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
We know how to Burn and the power of fire art. I was there in 2006 and 2007. In 2007 some dude burned the man early. Somehow they scrambled and came up with a replacement.
I'm suddenly feeling old, I went back in 94.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm suddenly feeling old, I went back in 94.
Wow! The really good old days huh? I heard it was pretty wild and dirt cheap too. I believe they are over 50,000 people now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Height of Man: 40 feet
Participants: 2,000

Burning Man acquires an online presence with a website on the WeLL, a Sausalito-based Internet provider.
A documentary is filmed by Australian TV. The event is covered by print media from France, Germany and Great Britain.
Larry Harvey and Pepe Ozan found Burning Man's annual San Francisco performance art show.
Distinctive art installations at event include Chris De Monterey's Camera Obscura, Pepe Ozan's 30-foot lingam fire tower, Greg Schlanger's interactive shower, and Ric Louchard's musical installation, "Four Directions."
A performance by San Francisco percussion group Sharkbait highlights the night of the burn.
The Man is lit by Crimson Rose and Will Roger.

When I went it was up to around 35,000 people but entrance fee was under $300.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

LuLu Ford wrote:
Wow! The really good old days huh? I heard it was pretty wild and dirt cheap too. I believe they are over 50,000 people now.
Like I said, I kind of sort of remember most of it. Back then it was less of an organized event and more of a scattered gathering with different events just kind of happening. I can't imagine 50,000 people actually finding their way out there and they certainly wouldn't have been prepared for them the year I went.

“Twoof, a true act of ignorance”

Since: Jun 09

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Think of it as building a house from the top of the chimney down, everything is theoretically possible until they have to actually prove they can build it. So until they actually get there in the construction, it's possible to have three mutually exclusive speculations for the same space. After all, they are absolutely convinced that it HAS to be one of them, it's just us not seeing their keen eye, sharp mind and absolute cleverness to reveal the most ingenious blueprint ever conceived.
Excellent analogy.

One of my more enjoyable tasks at work is being the liaison between the trades and engineering.

Every once in a while a fitter or millwright will saunter into my office wearing coveralls and a mile wide smirk while carrying a general arrangement drawing and say, "how the hell am I suppose to build this?".

A quick review exposes a feature which can only be described as impossible so we call the engineer who signed off the drawing and meet on the shop floor.

With arms crossed and the pained look of realization on his/her face the next comment is invariably, "well it works on paper!".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,621 - 3,640 of4,996
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

353 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min It aint necessarily so 717,138
Who really controls America and other Western c... 15 min yon 48
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 16 min MUQ1 36,420
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 51 min brian c toney 392
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr petesake kis 114,691
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr gort 223,290
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 1 hr Yassir 62
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr hojo 530,344
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr andet1987 171,519