What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God)

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77413 Mar 13, 2015
set free in truth wrote:
<quoted text>
MOCKERS will be cast in the LAKE OF FIRE !!
"Way it is" thinks jesus could have revived after suffering a crucifiction and a spear through his heart.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#77414 Mar 14, 2015
Quasi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about not getting back to you sooner but I am in the process of many things. Serah, if you would like to exchange emails, let me know. Quasi does not post mail addresses on places like Topix..lol.
You take good care Serah.
Hey Quasi, yes, I would like to exchange email addresses, I'll message you mine :)

Take care too!!

“Squirrel Shelter”

Since: Dec 06

Brisbane, AU

#77416 Mar 15, 2015
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Quasi, yes, I would like to exchange email addresses, I'll message you mine :)
Take care too!!
Serah, my friend,
No, I have not figured out facebook yet. That's #1. So good to see you posting! How is the pup, he should be 3 or 4 years old now?
Haven't posted much on the other thread, Dr. Stinko is so disgusting, I'd like to say to him what I think but it would just cause him to go on another rant.
On the subject of emails, I still have yours, do you still have mine?
Winter is finally ending here, wish I was younger, I'd head for a warmer climate and stay there for the rest of my life, these winters are hard on me. I do get some exercise walking Pedro, my son's chi-wa-wa, spelling on purpose. For a little guy, he has a mind of his own when it comes to his walkie.
Hope you are well and happy..........
Sending peace and posies, as usual.

“Squirrel Shelter”

Since: Dec 06

Brisbane, AU

#77417 Mar 15, 2015
Quasi wrote:
<quoted text>
okay.If you don't "hear" from me within a few days, it means imma trippin' over my own three feet :)
I would like to stay in contact with you. I mean if you don't mind, that is.
No doubt about it.
Hey Bub,

Nice to see you too! Glad to see some older posters still on this thread.

Thinking you are just full of good will and good nature, and probably good lookin" too.

Thought of you when i was fixing a mess of mexican food for my boys recently. Youngest is working out of town 50 or 60 hours a week so i try to have a care package of good food for him to take on the job for his lunches.

As I said to Serah, tired of winter and snow. Got an empty bedroom you're not using for next winter?

Peace and peppermints to you friend
set free in truth

Lake Charles, LA

#77418 Mar 16, 2015
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
"Way it is" thinks jesus could have revived after suffering a crucifiction and a spear through his heart.
Jesus is risen from the dead he is the SON of God that every knee shall bow too and every TONGUE CONFESS THAT HE is Lord of Lord's and KING of KINGS ?? That will be your knee and your tongue in the near future ?? Best to get on the right side now before many UPON many who are CASTED INTO HELL THRU UNBELIEF IN HIM !!! Don't let satan steal your soul 4 ever !!
PELE78

New Zealand

#77419 Mar 16, 2015
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
The spear went through the lungs supposedly, not the heart.
set free in truth

Lake Charles, LA

#77420 Mar 19, 2015
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus the SON of God : rose from the dead to forgive sins to THEM that would BELIEVE in him !

“The future begins”

every moment

#77421 Mar 20, 2015
set free in truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus the SON of God : rose from the dead to forgive sins to THEM that would BELIEVE in him !
FYI - After considerable discussion, wherein all views were encouraged and proffered, it was determined in January 2007, in this very thread, that tho' Yeshua ben Yosef (Jesus) may have been a good man and a fine teacher, in point of fact, Jesus the Christ was, and remains, most certainly a hoax.

Keep the faith. What you believe is exactly right for you. Not for me.
peace
HipG

Since: Nov 12

Castro Valley, CA

#77422 Mar 20, 2015
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>FYI - After considerable discussion, wherein all views were encouraged and proffered, it was determined in January 2007, in this very thread, that tho' Yeshua ben Yosef (Jesus) may have been a good man and a fine teacher, in point of fact, Jesus the Christ was, and remains, most certainly a hoax.
peace
HipG
The hoax would have to include a lot of non biblical scholars during that time since they wrote about Jesus. History doesn't deny Jesus.

“The future begins”

every moment

#77423 Mar 21, 2015
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
The hoax would have to include a lot of non biblical scholars during that time since they wrote about Jesus. History doesn't deny Jesus.
Well, first I'd point out that I didn't "deny Jesus" either. The character Jesus may well have been based on a real person. No argument there. Jesus the Christ, on the other hand, is a hoax, a myth, a fabrication.

Given that, would you care to share a few of these "non biblical scholars during that time"? One or two, even?

"During that time" of course would be somewhere specifically in the range 4BCE-30CE.

It is stipulated that the anonymous authors of the gospels and Paul wrote about the Christ well after his alleged death, but this is kinda like saying Tom Cruise's testimony is proof of Dianetics. We need something outside the cult, right? Tacitus, Suetonius, and Pliny also wrote about a cult of believers well after that range, but you said "during that time" (implying Jesus' lifetime), and that's what I'd really be interested to see.

I'm sure we won't reference Josephus? Those that do reveal they ain't really done their homework.

Since: Jan 15

Location hidden

#77424 Mar 21, 2015
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>FYI - After considerable discussion, wherein all views were encouraged and proffered, it was determined in January 2007, in this very thread, that tho' Yeshua ben Yosef (Jesus) may have been a good man and a fine teacher, in point of fact, Jesus the Christ was, and remains, most certainly a hoax.
peace
HipG
Jesus the Christ is within everyone in individuality and how one lives to the message He preached and conveyed to his disciples and followers..The Church and His people know His voice through the message as they live it..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77425 Mar 21, 2015
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, first I'd point out that I didn't "deny Jesus" either. The character Jesus may well have been based on a real person. No argument there. Jesus the Christ, on the other hand, is a hoax, a myth, a fabrication.
Given that, would you care to share a few of these "non biblical scholars during that time"? One or two, even?
"During that time" of course would be somewhere specifically in the range 4BCE-30CE.
It is stipulated that the anonymous authors of the gospels and Paul wrote about the Christ well after his alleged death, but this is kinda like saying Tom Cruise's testimony is proof of Dianetics. We need something outside the cult, right? Tacitus, Suetonius, and Pliny also wrote about a cult of believers well after that range, but you said "during that time" (implying Jesus' lifetime), and that's what I'd really be interested to see.
I'm sure we won't reference Josephus? Those that do reveal they ain't really done their homework.
You don't need written accounts from non Christian sources during that time period (4BC-30CE) to glean certain facts or to establish historicity. That is according to the experts who do investigations. Besides you have nothing during that time period which validates any of your assumptions. That is if Jesus did not bodily resurrect then all one needs to do to disprove is produce the dead body. Not hard to disprove. GoJohn states a soldier pierced the side of Jesus and blood and water came out. That little tidbit establishes death. Why did the writer include that medical fact or how would he know it had any significance? The obvious deduction being he saw what happened and wrote about it later.
34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out. 35 And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you also may believe.
This is compelling testimony which establishes the death of Jesus on the cross. The facts being Jesus existed and was crucified via Pilate. Early Christians believe Jesus bodily resurrected. Resurrection isn't even an issue unless certain facts are first established. Existence and the circumstances surrounding His death via crucifixion. Tom Cruise's testimony is evidence he believed in Dianetics. That would be considered evidence in any court. Of course Tom Cruise could be lying but why would anyone put his behind on the line for a thing he knew to be a lie?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#77426 Mar 21, 2015
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, first I'd point out that I didn't "deny Jesus" either. The character Jesus may well have been based on a real person. No argument there. Jesus the Christ, on the other hand, is a hoax, a myth, a fabrication.
The reliable Gospel eyewitness accounts aren’t the only ancient description of Jesus. There are also non-Christian descriptions of Jesus from the late 1st to 5th Century.- Thallus (52AD) Mara Bar-Serapion (70AD) Mara Bar-Serapion (70AD) Suetonius (69-140AD) Lucian of Samosata:(115-200 A.D.) Celsus (175AD) Jewish Talmud (400-700AD) The Toledot Yeshu (1000AD)

“The future begins”

every moment

#77427 Mar 21, 2015
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You don't need written accounts from non Christian sources during that time period (4BC-30CE) to glean certain facts or to establish historicity. That is according to the experts who do investigations.
As I just said to Ricardo, my post did not dispute the historicity of a living man who became the basis of the character Jesus the Christ of story and fable. I said,

".....tho' Yeshua ben Yosef (Jesus) may have been a good man and a fine teacher, in point of fact, Jesus the Christ was, and remains, most certainly a hoax."

That's two of you I had to correct now. If you can't "discern" two sentences in modern English, how do you expect to be taken seriously in a discussion about ancient mythology translated through multiple languages?

I'll discuss all you want about the historicity of the Christ, but if you insist on conflating Jesus the man with Jesus the Christ, there isn't any point in continuing, as I'll have to spend half my time correcting you.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Besides you have nothing during that time period which validates any of your assumptions. That is if Jesus did not bodily resurrect then all one needs to do to disprove is produce the dead body. Not hard to disprove.
You're kidding, right?

Nobody gave a hoot about this dead rebel's body until the fables began being crafted 30+ years after his death. By then, there's any number of explanations for a "vanished" body of just another rebel crucified for insurrection three decades earlier.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>GoJohn states a soldier pierced the side of Jesus and blood and water came out. That little tidbit establishes death. Why did the writer include that medical fact or how would he know it had any significance?
The obvious deduction being he saw what happened and wrote about it later.
Poke a body all you like and you will not bring forth water. What we see here is a primitive understanding of bodily fluids manifesting in a tall tale.

Whether we're hearing from a criminal, a salesman, or a televangelist - their own "testimony" is no testimony at all. Surely you agree. So, why do you think it's any different for the author of a gospel written 60+ years after Jesus' death? You accept it as "proof" because you FIRST have faith that it is so. How do you sell the same testimony to those who first don't have that "faith"? My interest is simply historical curiosity, and the evangelist's testimony is not acceptable without external corroboration, of which there is none. In any case, AGAIN, I don't deny that a rebel preacher was crucified. Capiche?

“The future begins”

every moment

#77428 Mar 21, 2015
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> This is compelling testimony which establishes the death of Jesus on the cross. The facts being Jesus existed and was crucified via Pilate. Early Christians believe Jesus bodily resurrected. Resurrection isn't even an issue unless certain facts are first established. Existence and the circumstances surrounding His death via crucifixion. Tom Cruise's testimony is evidence he believed in Dianetics. That would be considered evidence in any court. Of course Tom Cruise could be lying but why would anyone put his behind on the line for a thing he knew to be a lie?
No, early Christians did not in fact all believe Jesus bodily resurrected. SOME early followers believed - many others didn't, and it was not an important factor to their remembrance. If one recalls that there were several existing Jesus "traditions" at the same time as the "bodily-resurrection " sect. How do we know this? From Paul's letters themselves. Paul himself tells of the tension between himself and the original apostles (Gal 2). Elsewhere, we find Paul arriving at a place and finding they adhere to "John the Baptist's gospel". Further on, we find people asking Paul whose gospel he preaches. Why would they ask if there weren't in fact several rival "gospels" in circulation? Why does Paul take pains throughout his writings to signify HIS gospel as opposed to the others?

It is understood that none of these questions makes sense to those who haven't actually read all of Paul's letters. They make even less sense to those who are ignorant of ALL early Christian writings and history. This doesn't invalidate the questions, it only explains why the typical Christian
of shallow knowledge would have trouble with them.

Since: Jan 15

Location hidden

#77429 Mar 21, 2015
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The reliable Gospel eyewitness accounts aren’t the only ancient description of Jesus. There are also non-Christian descriptions of Jesus from the late 1st to 5th Century.- Thallus (52AD) Mara Bar-Serapion (70AD) Mara Bar-Serapion (70AD) Suetonius (69-140AD) Lucian of Samosata:(115-200 A.D.) Celsus (175AD) Jewish Talmud (400-700AD) The Toledot Yeshu (1000AD)
Seems like the gospels as we know it in the bible aren't eyewitness accounts, but according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John..The "according to" implies to me that they are copying or writing down what was orally being spoken about..

“The future begins”

every moment

#77430 Mar 21, 2015
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The reliable Gospel eyewitness accounts aren’t the only ancient description of Jesus. There are also non-Christian descriptions of Jesus from the late 1st to 5th Century.- Thallus (52AD) Mara Bar-Serapion (70AD) Mara Bar-Serapion (70AD) Suetonius (69-140AD) Lucian of Samosata:(115-200 A.D.) Celsus (175AD) Jewish Talmud (400-700AD) The Toledot Yeshu (1000AD)
Please distinguish which ones are descriptions of Jesus, and which are merely descriptions of a cult called or calling themselves Christians.

A-g-a-i-n (he said with a resigned sigh)** note I didn't deny the historicity of a rebel preacher named Jesus hailing from Nazareth who was executed for insurrection by the Romans.

The Christ is a different entity altogether.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77431 Mar 21, 2015
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>No, early Christians did not in fact all believe Jesus bodily resurrected.
Then they weren't Christians. That is since resurrection was proclaimed in public from the get go according to Acts 1 and 2. Paul reaffirms all this in 1 Cor. 15. If Christ did not resurrect then Christianity is false.
SOME early followers believed - many others didn't, and it was not an important factor to their remembrance. If one recalls that there were several existing Jesus "traditions" at the same time as the "bodily-resurrection " sect. How do we know this? From Paul's letters themselves. Paul himself tells of the tension between himself and the original apostles (Gal 2).
Resurrection not in dispute in Galatians 2
Elsewhere, we find Paul arriving at a place and finding they adhere to "John the Baptist's gospel".
Cite you sources.
Further on, we find people asking Paul whose gospel he preaches. Why would they ask if there weren't in fact several rival "gospels" in circulation? Why does Paul take pains throughout his writings to signify HIS gospel as opposed to the others?
Peter proclaims resurrection in Acts 2. Other do not believe Jesus resurrected. They were not Christians.
It is understood that none of these questions makes sense to those who haven't actually read all of Paul's letters. They make even less sense to those who are ignorant of ALL early Christian writings and history. This doesn't invalidate the questions, it only explains why the typical Christian
of shallow knowledge would have trouble with them.
If you are the self proclaimed expert then cite your sources. The only sources cited was Gal 2 and that had nothing to do with resurrection as an issue. There were no resurrection doubters. They were disputing other issues.

#77432 Mar 22, 2015
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah, my friend,
No, I have not figured out facebook yet. That's #1. So good to see you posting! How is the pup, he should be 3 or 4 years old now?
Haven't posted much on the other thread, Dr. Stinko is so disgusting, I'd like to say to him what I think but it would just cause him to go on another rant.
On the subject of emails, I still have yours, do you still have mine?
Winter is finally ending here, wish I was younger, I'd head for a warmer climate and stay there for the rest of my life, these winters are hard on me. I do get some exercise walking Pedro, my son's chi-wa-wa, spelling on purpose. For a little guy, he has a mind of his own when it comes to his walkie.
Hope you are well and happy..........
Sending peace and xposies, as usual.
Hey J Dub ): I don't have your email address any longer, I lost most of my email contacts, but will message you mine and you can send me an email and I'll reply.

Yes, Pugstar will be 4 this year, and Queen Puggy passed over on the 30th June 4 years ago this year, and the time has flown. I still love and miss her, but more than that, I love my memories of her. I'm thinking of writing a short novel about her, although it might turn into another journal.

I have so much written about our early years on Topix, and it does make me laugh... Lord knows I was arrogant at times and no wonder I picked up a stalker :) Ahhh, even the memory of him makes me laugh

Peace and Peppermints to you too Sister, and I look forward to hearing from you...

#77433 Mar 22, 2015
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bub,
Nice to see you too! Glad to see some older posters still on this thread.
Thinking you are just full of good will and good nature, and probably good lookin" too.
Thought of you when i was fixing a mess of mexican food for my boys recently. Youngest is working out of town 50 or 60 hours a week so i try to have a care package of good food for him to take on the job for his lunches.
As I said to Serah, tired of winter and snow. Got an empty bedroom you're not using for next winter?
Peace and peppermints to you friend
You can always come to the Land of Oz - I have a spare bedroom and it's hot down here :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min Worth Repeating 37,152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Tellthetruth 988,555
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 59 min HFCS - What It Is 4
We do NOT need any walls! 1 hr my opinions 35
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Reality is Bliss 688,830
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,550
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr Classic 4,333
More from around the web