Comments
69,541 - 69,560 of 69,791 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 12
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77075 Jun 24, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
Why Alvin Plantinga’s ontological argument isn’t even halfway good:
http://www.uncrediblehallq.net/2011/12/12/why...
"So, not only does Plantinga’s argument fail to prove the existence of God, it fails even in Plantinga’s stated goal of showing that belief in God is reasonable. Both of those points are totally obvious once you realize that you could give a Plantinga-style argument for any purported necessary truth, in particular truths of mathematics. If Plantinga’s argument had been something tacked to a bulletin board on a graduate student lounge as a joke, it wouldn’t have been bad as academic in-jokes go. But as a serious argument it’s worthless."
Nice try at a dishonest "sleight-of-hand" side step. This article doesn't mention the book by Plantinga that I presented in my earlier post. The book I mentioned was just published in 2012, and your article here is from 2011 from a 24 year old kid with a BA in philosophy from University of Wisconsin who regularly embarrasses himself on international forums. By contrast, Alvin Plantinga has a PhD in philosophy from YALE and was professor of Philosophy at University of Notre Dame for 28 years! He had his PhD in philosophy before your legendary (sarcasm free of charge) Chris Hallquist was a twinkle in anyone's eye.

I also notice a two hour time span between your posts to me, and your language to me suggests that you were frantic, even desperate to find something, anything, to offer as a rebuttal. You failed. Again.
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77076 Jun 24, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
It wouldn't be call faith if there was evidence.

Faith and reason have never been compatible. Religions have always been dogma based indoctrination not faith based belief systems. There's no such thing as a faith based belief system.
You seem to labor under the delusion that all faith is blind. Not all faith is blind. Faith should be supported by evidence. Evidence that supports faith doesn't not always need to be "beyond reasonable doubt." That kind of evidence is only necessary in criminal law where there is the possibility of losing life or liberty. Sadly, the layperson on the street has been conditioned by culture to believe that extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence, and this simply is not the case. Often times, history, and criminal court cases are proven circumstantially with a volume of evidence that when examined closely, is more likely than any competing argument.

Your assertion that Jesus never even existed is an argument of sheer desperation. Why? Because you seem to be offended that He ever did exist. If He did exist, your "inner self" would not be justified in resisting His teachings and His sacrifice on your behalf. Your only recourse to remain in your anti-theism, is to deny His existence. It's an emotional reaction to an unwelcome reality. What is the unwelcome reality? That we will be judged when we die? That we will be stripped of our egos? The ego is the undoing of all mankind. The ego is what makes us think we're superior to each other in the human experience. I am not superior to you, nor are you superior to me. If you wish to contradict my statement in your favor, you will be admitting your slavery to your own ego and proving the truth of God's judgement against us. We are equals.
really

Princeton, WV

#77077 Jun 24, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...nice try. I don't kill witches. And your understanding of the passage in question is extremely flawed. It's not God that's wrong. It's your ignorance of biblical writing and history that has misled you.
The references to killing witches was in the Old Testament and was limited to those who used deception to lead Israel into false worship. It should also be noted that pagan Rome had laws that called for the death of witches under specific conditions.
you said both you don't kill witches and god is right. that makes you going against gods word. you also imply the old testament is wrong or obsolete. this insinuates jesus has more power than god. you also insinuate killing witches is ok because someone else did it. allow me to insinuate... david(champion of god) cannot slay goliath(champion of the enemy god) without the existence of another god other than your one true god. unless jesus died so biblical history could be undone. jesus, god, and the holy ghost are one and the same. jesus was killed, therefore god and the holy ghost can be killed. god killed 100,000 people in the bible, excluding the flood. god killed more than satan exponentially. god hates witches and anyone of another faith. Christian pop. on earth 50%. with different views Christianity is not whole. god himself says he has a chosen people. minus all denominations not chosen, god hates 99% of earth.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77078 Jun 24, 2013
Nice try at a dishonest "sleight-of-hand" side step.
Plantinga is a creationist and there's absolutely nothing sophisticated about his bullshit. He "just relies on the same shopworn and philosophically unsupportable arguments for God".

Once again, you're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum when you should be in a mental institution for treatment of inane personal delusions.

Rational adults see right through a death denying cowardly Christian godbot like you who seeks out disingenuous Christian pseudo-science and pseudo-philosophy bullshit to rationalize your own self-degrading cultist lifestyle.

You're being dishonest when you lie to yourself daily and you only fool yourself, kid.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77079 Jun 24, 2013
We are equals.
Correction: We WERE once equals. Unfortunately, you were indoctrinated into a cult and the undeniable truth is you'll never be man enough to grow up.

You're not an adversary because there's absolutely no debate. There's no scientific evidence in support of design and only blatant forgeries in support of the biblical Jesus, kid.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#77081 Jun 25, 2013
“Truth, of course, must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for we have made fiction to suit ourselves.”........
<quoted text>
Another thing you need to be aware of is how Christianity works. We don't pick and choose what we follow.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#77082 Jun 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering if you are still hanging around in here, Quasi Modo, and here you are :) Hope you and your doggies are doing well, tossing Blessings high and hope they hit your back verandah! Greetings as always.....
I hope that you don’t find it offensive that I , the Quasimodo , keep harping on the fact that whatever it is you think created you really out did itself, You Gorgeous Mama , you! I, the Quasimodo, call the builder the little DNA carpenters, but you do have the right to believe in whatever it is you think made you. Speaking of DNA: do you know that about 98% of our DNA is junk (no wise cracks!)? Oh yes , it is junk in the trunk. Doesn’t most DNA junk come from the evolution process? What ye thinks, Serah?
Odd how our DNA closely resembles that of the primates and other living breathing git arounds..
Didn’t God say he created us in the likeness of himself? Hmmm… Maybe god is a DNA molecule?

In case you haven’t noticed: I, the Quasimodo, have become quite the DNA code codec.
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77083 Jun 25, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>you said both you don't kill witches and god is right. that makes you going against gods word.
No not at all. Non-believers commonly make this mistake. The passages in the bible must be read with the understanding that there different styles of writing, and different purposes. The instruction to kill witches was during the OT and no longer applied once Jesus came.
really wrote:
you also imply the old testament is wrong or obsolete. this insinuates jesus has more power than god.
Jesus was (and is) God. God is a trinity. God the Father (YHWH), God the Son (Yeshua or Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. While on earth, Jesus did claim to have the authority of God, yet He did not place Himself over God the Father. He acted in accordance with the will of God the Father.
really wrote:
you also insinuate killing witches is ok because someone else did it. allow me to insinuate
And just where or when did I say it was okay to kill a witch? I made no such insinuation. I gave you the reason why it was done. That doesn't mean it's okay to do it now.
really wrote:
david(champion of god) cannot slay goliath(champion of the enemy god) without the existence of another god other than your one true god.
I don't know what you're trying to say here, but it doesn't make any logical sense. Yes David was a champion of God. That doesn't mean that Goliath was a champion of another deity.
really wrote:
unless jesus died so biblical history could be undone.
Jesus didn't die for biblical history to be undone. He died to take the punishment on Himself for our benefit.
really wrote:
jesus, god, and the holy ghost are one and the same. jesus was killed, therefore god and the holy ghost can be killed.
God the Father, God, the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are 3 separate persons within one. God can't be killed. The Holy Spirit can't be killed. Jesus willingly laid down His human life for us.
really wrote:
god hates witches and anyone of another faith. Christian pop. on earth 50%. with different views Christianity is not whole. god himself says he has a chosen people. minus all denominations not chosen, god hates 99% of earth.
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.(John 3:16 NLT)

God loved the world. That means everyone in the world.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77084 Jun 25, 2013
Jesus was (and is) God.
Jesus was (and is) an amalgamated myth and you're a stark raving mad insane lunatic making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid.

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nizrael/jesusr...

"We are thus left with the conclusion that there is absolutely no reliable and acceptable historical evidence of Jesus. All references to Jesus are derived from the superstitious beliefs and myths of the early Christian community. The majority of these beliefs only came into existence after the persecution by Nero and the tragedy of 70 C.E. Many of these beliefs are based on the pagan legends about the gods Tammuz, Osiris, Attis, Dionysus and the sun god Mithras. Other myths about Jesus appear to be based on various different historical people such as the convicted criminals Yeishu ben Pandeira and ben Stada, and the crucified false Messiahs Yehuda, Theudas and Benjamin, but none of these people can be regarded as an historical Jesus."
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77085 Jun 25, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
Jesus was (and is) an amalgamated myth and you're a stark raving mad insane lunatic making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum, kid.
For somebody who sings the praises of "science" you're not very scientific are you? For you to make such a determination, you would need a license to practice psychiatry or psychology, and you would need to observe me in person.

The fact that another person has a different belief does not make them insane. The fact that you try to diagnose them over the internet makes you look really stupid.
Myth Buster wrote:
http://mama.indstate.edu/users /nizrael/jesusrefutation.html

reliable and acceptable historical evidence of Jesus.
And once again, it's a very small minority of scholars who believe Jesus never existed. In fact, the most notable names are those of Price, Carrier, and Murdock. All of these people are "hyper-skeptics' meaning that they have slipped over the edge of acceptable and responsible scholarship. These are the kooks of the secularist world. Robert Price is a member of the Jesus Seminar which itself is about as clueless as they come.

Why do agnostic Bart Ehrman and atheist Gerd Ludemann claim Jesus did exist as a historical person? Myth Buster, I can't take you seriously. I just can't. Jesus existed. Get over it already.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77086 Jun 25, 2013
Jesus existed. Get over it already.
There's absolutely no credible historical evidence in support of an historical Jesus. Get over it already!

The truth is you're a death-denying cowardly Christian cultist who'll never be man enough to accept this irrefutable historical fact. You're going to die and you're not going to be rewarded with eternal salvation by your imaginary friend.

You're certifiably insane and desperately need professional help, kid.
really

Princeton, WV

#77087 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
No not at all. Non-believers commonly make this mistake. The passages in the bible must be read with the understanding that there different styles of writing, and different purposes. The instruction to kill witches was during the OT and no longer applied once Jesus came.
<quoted text>
Jesus was (and is) God. God is a trinity. God the Father (YHWH), God the Son (Yeshua or Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. While on earth, Jesus did claim to have the authority of God, yet He did not place Himself over God the Father. He acted in accordance with the will of God the Father.
<quoted text>
And just where or when did I say it was okay to kill a witch? I made no such insinuation. I gave you the reason why it was done. That doesn't mean it's okay to do it now.
<quoted text>
I don't know what you're trying to say here, but it doesn't make any logical sense. Yes David was a champion of God. That doesn't mean that Goliath was a champion of another deity.
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't die for biblical history to be undone. He died to take the punishment on Himself for our benefit.
<quoted text>
God the Father, God, the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are 3 separate persons within one. God can't be killed. The Holy Spirit can't be killed. Jesus willingly laid down His human life for us.
<quoted text>
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.(John 3:16 NLT)
so adultery, murder, and the rest of the commandments no longer apply.
really

Princeton, WV

#77088 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
so Jesus' claim was a lie. jesus lied lol
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77089 Jun 26, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
There's absolutely no credible historical evidence in support of an historical Jesus.

I'm going to break your post down and pick it apart bit by bit:

Then why do skeptical scholars Bart Ehrman and Gerd Ludemann say Jesus did exist?

Why did Bart Ehrman write a book about the existence for Jesus?

Why do you use the word "credible" in this portion of your post? I know why. It's a value based word. You're so opposed to the idea that Jesus actually existed that you flatly refuse to give any credence to anything you oppose. It's purely emotional on your part. There's nothing logical about your arguments. You decry "faith" yet you yourself place great faith in the research of Archaya S. and other fruit loops
Myth Buster wrote:
The truth is you're a death-denying cowardly Christian cultist who'll never be man enough to accept this irrefutable historical fact.
LMAO!!! "irrefutable fact"? N.T. Wright (scholar) Michael Licona,(scholar) William Lane Craig,(scholar), C.S. Lewis (former atheist and scholar) Greg Koukle,(former atheist) Jim Warner Wallace (former atheist) Lee Strobel (former atheist), William Murray (former atheist and son of Madalyn Murray O'Hair) Peter Hitchens (former atheist and brother of the late Christopher Hitchens), have all done their research and have concluded that Jesus did exist, and further, He was and is God. How do you account for all of that?

Yes I am a death denying Christian. Jesus defeated death for you and I. Is there any reason you wouldn't want to live forever?
Myth Buster wrote:
You're going to die and you're not going to be rewarded with eternal salvation by your imaginary friend.
Okay let me pick this apart. What you're really saying is that you have no hope of anything greater than your current existence, and because you have no hope, then nobody else should either. Isn't that very selfish? Isn't that bitter and hateful? Isn't it time to put your bitterness and hopelessness aside?
Myth Buster wrote:
You're certifiably insane and desperately need professional help, kid.
You might think you're insulting me, but you're really insulting yourself every time you write this. I'm not in the least bit insulted by it. You're not a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist. If you were, then you would be following the scientific and clinical methods of making such an assessment. You would need to observe me in a person-to-person meeting, and evaluate my mental health based on established criteria in the mental health profession. Science is all about what can be observed. You haven't done any blood work on me, nor tested me with standardized questions. Furthermore, psychiatrists do not classify somebody with religious beliefs as being crazy just because of their personal bias against those beliefs.
really

Princeton, WV

#77090 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Christians could not have burned and killed witches before Christ. all the witch burning came after jesus. god is a serial killer of the innocent.
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77091 Jun 26, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>so Jesus' claim was a lie. jesus lied lol
No. Where do you get that idea?
really

Princeton, WV

#77092 Jun 26, 2013
jesus claimed god was the greater. john 14:28
really

Princeton, WV

#77093 Jun 26, 2013
is heaven a ficticous place or does it actually exist?
really

Princeton, WV

#77094 Jun 26, 2013
where? on another planet, or an alternate demention? is it in our solar system? is it in our galaxy? do souls travel faster than light to get there? and no demention wasn't spelled wrong just my play on it
really

Princeton, WV

#77095 Jun 26, 2013
I can hide a tree, but it still needs soil, water and sunshine to grow. where is the tree of life that was hidden? not on earth. we've ate everything edible and poisonous on this planet and it has never been found. is it on the planet heaven too/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 2 min Hannah V 1,007
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min atheism is destru... 732,994
Last Word + 2 3 min andet1987 510
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Fiu Bzdziu 599,917
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 538,965
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 4 min andet1987 4,153
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min andet1987 4,337
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 257,997
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••