really

Princeton, WV

#77057 Jun 23, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't answered my question head on at all. So now you're lying. Your weak attempts at insulting me and saying I lack the intellectual capacity to understand is nothing but cowardly side-stepping. So I'll ask again and this time I'll make it easier for you.
"H O W E X A C T L Y A M I C O N T R O L L E D?"
Here- you can use this template to answer my question.
"I, Myth Buster believe you are controlled by your beliefs because___
_______(fill in the blank)
Does that make it easier for you snookums?:)
I really believe you are being controlled by your beliefs because, it only allows you 2 main ave. for belief. it is or isn't real. however maybe a god is real just not your god. that third option is blinded from your sight your sight. if alien was substituted for god, then a fourth possibility arises. no gods but alien created humans.
really

Princeton, WV

#77058 Jun 23, 2013
I really believe you are controlled by your beliefs because, you only follow the points you pick and choose. not the whole religion. example, you don't kill witches. which your god specificly told you to do. not the only example just an example of how you think our own god is wrong
really

Princeton, WV

#77059 Jun 23, 2013
""""" " because your god is outdated and hasn't taught you how to live in a modern world. what does your god say about modern medicine, pollution, deforestation, automobiles, flight, space travel, global warming? nothing how about if your cow gets out? oh yeah lots of laws on that.
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#77060 Jun 23, 2013
Christ Jesus is The Word of GOD made flesh - GOD in the flesh dwelling among His creation to show us what He, our Creator, is really like and teaching us His Ways.

http://biblehub.com/john/1-14.htm

http://biblehub.com/john/1-1.htm

http://biblehub.com/john/8-58.htm

http://biblehub.com/john/17-11.htm

http://biblehub.com/john/12-49.htm

http://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/28.htm note vs 16-20

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-30.htm

http://biblehub.com/john/14-6.htm
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77061 Jun 23, 2013
really wrote:
I really believe you are controlled by your beliefs because, you only follow the points you pick and choose. not the whole religion. example, you don't kill witches. which your god specificly told you to do. not the only example just an example of how you think our own god is wrong
How am I controlled? What behavior do I exhibit that I'm not aware of? I leave my house to go to church of my own free will. Nobody calls me and scolds me if I don't. If I do decide to attend (and I don't attend every Sunday) I am not told where to sit or what clothes I must wear. I'm not scolded if I don't put anything in the collection plate. Every member of the congregation is encouraged to ask questions. Children are not told to be quiet. They're children. Noise is expected. Our pastor doesn't threaten us with eternal damnation. He speaks of the needs of the poor. He speaks of the need for justice. He speaks of the need for education. His wife is a registered nurse and works in the maternity ward of our local hospital. He doesn't speak against homosexuals. He doesn't speak against women or against other religions. He speaks of love and understanding.

In my daily routine I thank God each morning for life, and I ask for spiritual clarity. My morning prayer takes about 30 seconds. Then I get on with my day. A prayer before each meal takes about 20 seconds.
A prayer before bed takes another 30 seconds. So that's 2 minutes total each day in routine prayer. If I feel the need to pray it's usually done alone and takes no more than 10 seconds. This happens maybe 3 or 4 times a day. So what are we up to now? 2.5 minutes in prayer? That's about 1% of my day. So how exactly am I controlled?

Myth Buster couldn't (and still can't) answer. I appreciate the fact that you did answer. Can you tell me where in my life I'm controlled?
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77062 Jun 23, 2013
really wrote:
Another thing you need to be aware of is how Christianity works. We don't pick and choose what we follow. Well some do, but they shouldn't. I would not say that they have reached spiritual maturity yet if that's how they act. But that's not the point. My point is this. When Jesus Christ came to us, He changed a lot of things. He gave His life for us. We live (or should try to) in obedience to God out of love, not fear. If a Christian tells you they are living for God out of fear, then they're not mature in their spirituality yet.
really

Princeton, WV

#77063 Jun 23, 2013
w you tip toed around every question. let me make this easy for you. I favorite adversary_______ (do) or________ (do not) kill witches. god was ____________ (right ) or________ (wrong).
really

Princeton, WV

#77064 Jun 23, 2013
see how your religious concepts kept you from seeing and responding to options 3 and 4
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77065 Jun 23, 2013
How am I controlled? What behavior do I exhibit that I'm not aware of?

In my daily routine I thank God each morning for life, and I ask for spiritual clarity.
You continue to demonstrate your ignorance of brainwashing by asking how you're controlled then proving that you're dangerously delusional and should be institutionalized.

In short, brainwashing is making people like you foolishly believe something that isn't true. Most religious parents have their children brainwashed.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77066 Jun 23, 2013
When Jesus Christ came to us...
An amalgamated myth has never ever materialized from the pages of a plagiarized work of fiction. You're certifiably insane and need professional hep, kid.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77067 Jun 23, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Christ Jesus is The Word of GOD made flesh
As a brainwashed Christian godbot, you've been programmed to place your cult ahead of your country. You're a traitor not a patriot.

Creation science isn't science:
http://www.huecotanks.com/debunk

For most of us, the controversy over creation and evolution was settled way back in 1925, when Clarence Darrow eviscerated William Jennings Bryan in a country courtroom in Dayton, Tennessee. However, a growing number of recent attempts to remove evolutionary theory from the schoolroom, in favor of a "scientific" version of the Biblical Genesis story, demonstrates that the anti-evolutionist movement is still alive and well in America.

In August 1999, the Kansas State Board of Education voted, at the urging of two creationist members (one a veterinarian and the other a blueberry farmer), to drop any mention of evolution from its statewide science curricula standards, despite the fact that the draft standards submitted to the Board by a 27-member panel of science educators concluded that a basic understanding of evolution was vital for a proper science education. Although the action did not ban Kansas instructors from teaching students about evolution, it did mandate that students not be tested on their knowledge of evolution in statewide achievement tests. Since most school districts tailor their instruction curriculum to the requirements of the statewide tests, dropping evolution would have the effect of insuring that many teachers would not bring the subject up in class.

The decision was ridiculed worldwide by professional scientists and teacher organizations; nevertheless, evolution opponents in Arizona, Ohio, Alabama, Texas, Illinois and Nebraska attempted similar actions. Several other states have introduced "disclaimers" which must be inserted into biology textbooks, declaring that evolution is "only a theory". In December 2002, the state of Louisiana rejected attempts to insert a "disclaimer" into textbooks. That same month, the state of Ohio not only rejected efforts to force creation "science" and "intelligent designer theory" into the state's education standards, but actually added a section mandating that students be taught about evolution.

In 2005, the Kansas kooks were back, and decided to hold a kangaroo court to validate their "alternative science". Instead, the fiasco turned Kansas, once again, into an international laughingstock.

Despite these setbacks, attempts are still being made in state legislatures to require teaching the Biblical creation story (disguised as either creation "science" or as "intelligent designer theory") in science class, or, failing that, to forbid teaching evolutionary theories in biology classrooms. The latest effort is being made in Dover, Pennsylvania, where a fundamentalist faction within the school board has been successful in introducing intelligent design "theory" into the science classroom.

This website has one very clear objective in mind--to present a critique of creation "science" and its latest reincarnation as Intelligent Design "Theory", and to serve as a guide to fighting the creationists and their attempts to impose their peculiar interpretations of religion onto our society. It is my opinion that the creation "scientists" (along with the rest of their Religious Right companions) represent, in their attempts to re-mold American society in accordance with their own narrow beliefs, the single greatest threat to freedom and democracy in the United States today.
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77068 Jun 23, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to demonstrate your ignorance of brainwashing by asking how you're controlled then proving that you're dangerously delusional and should be institutionalized.
In short, brainwashing is making people like you foolishly believe something that isn't true. Most religious parents have their children brainwashed.
Nobody made me believe. I found the evidence compelling enough. I went looking for the truth with an open mind. You should try it sometime.
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77069 Jun 23, 2013
really wrote:
w you tip toed around every question. let me make this easy for you. I favorite adversary_______(do) or________(do not) kill witches. god was __________right ) or________(wrong).
LOL...nice try. I don't kill witches. And your understanding of the passage in question is extremely flawed. It's not God that's wrong. It's your ignorance of biblical writing and history that has misled you.

The references to killing witches was in the Old Testament and was limited to those who used deception to lead Israel into false worship. It should also be noted that pagan Rome had laws that called for the death of witches under specific conditions.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77070 Jun 23, 2013
I found the evidence compelling enough.
As a death-denying cowardly Christian godbot, you've been programmed to lie to yourself on a daily basis. There's absolutely no scientific evidence that either the universe or life on earth was created by design. It wouldn't be mistakenly referred to as faith if there was evidence, kid.
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77072 Jun 24, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
As a death-denying cowardly Christian godbot, you've been programmed to lie to yourself on a daily basis. There's absolutely no scientific evidence that either the universe or life on earth was created by design. It wouldn't be mistakenly referred to as faith if there was evidence, kid.
What you mean is that you don't value the evidence that exists. Did you know that science is compatible with spiritual belief? Science explains how. Processes. Spirituality answers the "who and the "why".

Science is neither the enemy, nor the deathblow to spirituality that you envision. Alvin Plantinga has addressed that brilliantly in his book “Where the Conflict Really Lies: Science, Religion and Naturalism” and he effectively skewers the arguments of Dawkins and Dennett.

I have no doubt that you will go down swinging Myth Buster. I admire your fighting spirit but I cannot help but find pity for your limited intellectual arguments (and those of your atheist heroes). In the end though, the atheist (and anti-theist) view will not last against the onslaught of true reason, and reasonable truth. Faith and reason are compatible. It's your ego driven emotions that refuse to wave the white flag, even in the face of defeat.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77073 Jun 24, 2013
What you mean is that you don't value the evidence that exists.
The staggering blissful ignorance of your self-degrading posts is matched only by your unwarranted arrogance. You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum with your definitively wrong statements. Your brainwashed brainwasher must be proud of his accomplishment.

There's absolutely no scientific evidence in support of design. As an especially ignorant completely brainwashed Christian godbot, you lack the intellectual capacity to understand that disingenuous Christian pseudoscience isn't science. It wouldn't be call faith if there was evidence.

Faith and reason have never been compatible. Religions have always been dogma based indoctrination not faith based belief systems. There's no such thing as a faith based belief system. It's inevitable that there will be an international ban on all dogma based indoctrination systems and the sooner the better, kid.
Myth Buster

Scottsdale, AZ

#77074 Jun 24, 2013
Why Alvin Plantinga’s ontological argument isn’t even halfway good:

http://www.uncrediblehallq.net/2011/12/12/why...

"So, not only does Plantinga’s argument fail to prove the existence of God, it fails even in Plantinga’s stated goal of showing that belief in God is reasonable. Both of those points are totally obvious once you realize that you could give a Plantinga-style argument for any purported necessary truth, in particular truths of mathematics. If Plantinga’s argument had been something tacked to a bulletin board on a graduate student lounge as a joke, it wouldn’t have been bad as academic in-jokes go. But as a serious argument it’s worthless."
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77075 Jun 24, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
Why Alvin Plantinga’s ontological argument isn’t even halfway good:
http://www.uncrediblehallq.net/2011/12/12/why...
"So, not only does Plantinga’s argument fail to prove the existence of God, it fails even in Plantinga’s stated goal of showing that belief in God is reasonable. Both of those points are totally obvious once you realize that you could give a Plantinga-style argument for any purported necessary truth, in particular truths of mathematics. If Plantinga’s argument had been something tacked to a bulletin board on a graduate student lounge as a joke, it wouldn’t have been bad as academic in-jokes go. But as a serious argument it’s worthless."
Nice try at a dishonest "sleight-of-hand" side step. This article doesn't mention the book by Plantinga that I presented in my earlier post. The book I mentioned was just published in 2012, and your article here is from 2011 from a 24 year old kid with a BA in philosophy from University of Wisconsin who regularly embarrasses himself on international forums. By contrast, Alvin Plantinga has a PhD in philosophy from YALE and was professor of Philosophy at University of Notre Dame for 28 years! He had his PhD in philosophy before your legendary (sarcasm free of charge) Chris Hallquist was a twinkle in anyone's eye.

I also notice a two hour time span between your posts to me, and your language to me suggests that you were frantic, even desperate to find something, anything, to offer as a rebuttal. You failed. Again.
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

#77076 Jun 24, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
It wouldn't be call faith if there was evidence.

Faith and reason have never been compatible. Religions have always been dogma based indoctrination not faith based belief systems. There's no such thing as a faith based belief system.
You seem to labor under the delusion that all faith is blind. Not all faith is blind. Faith should be supported by evidence. Evidence that supports faith doesn't not always need to be "beyond reasonable doubt." That kind of evidence is only necessary in criminal law where there is the possibility of losing life or liberty. Sadly, the layperson on the street has been conditioned by culture to believe that extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence, and this simply is not the case. Often times, history, and criminal court cases are proven circumstantially with a volume of evidence that when examined closely, is more likely than any competing argument.

Your assertion that Jesus never even existed is an argument of sheer desperation. Why? Because you seem to be offended that He ever did exist. If He did exist, your "inner self" would not be justified in resisting His teachings and His sacrifice on your behalf. Your only recourse to remain in your anti-theism, is to deny His existence. It's an emotional reaction to an unwelcome reality. What is the unwelcome reality? That we will be judged when we die? That we will be stripped of our egos? The ego is the undoing of all mankind. The ego is what makes us think we're superior to each other in the human experience. I am not superior to you, nor are you superior to me. If you wish to contradict my statement in your favor, you will be admitting your slavery to your own ego and proving the truth of God's judgement against us. We are equals.
really

Princeton, WV

#77077 Jun 24, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL...nice try. I don't kill witches. And your understanding of the passage in question is extremely flawed. It's not God that's wrong. It's your ignorance of biblical writing and history that has misled you.
The references to killing witches was in the Old Testament and was limited to those who used deception to lead Israel into false worship. It should also be noted that pagan Rome had laws that called for the death of witches under specific conditions.
you said both you don't kill witches and god is right. that makes you going against gods word. you also imply the old testament is wrong or obsolete. this insinuates jesus has more power than god. you also insinuate killing witches is ok because someone else did it. allow me to insinuate... david(champion of god) cannot slay goliath(champion of the enemy god) without the existence of another god other than your one true god. unless jesus died so biblical history could be undone. jesus, god, and the holy ghost are one and the same. jesus was killed, therefore god and the holy ghost can be killed. god killed 100,000 people in the bible, excluding the flood. god killed more than satan exponentially. god hates witches and anyone of another faith. Christian pop. on earth 50%. with different views Christianity is not whole. god himself says he has a chosen people. minus all denominations not chosen, god hates 99% of earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuals BLASPHEME God by their lifestyle 3 min Enter Username 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 550,755
Before and After 6 min Enter Username 6
Nine Eleven 8 min Enter Username 147
Pope: 'Corruption Is a Greater Evil than Sin' 10 min Enter Username 7
Moses never existed 11 min thewordofme 80
The Intense Power Behind The New World Order...... 17 min Enter Username 25
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min WasteWater 262,055
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Anon 753,481
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 602,754
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Chris Clearwater 174,524

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE